Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1562135 - 11/22/10 02:44 AM PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music
pv88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I am posting what has to be the very first performance of the CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music, as it is performed here on a Casio Celviano AP-620 digital piano, with the "Strings-Piano" setting.

I play this piece from a professional transcription since no score exists for the original performance, and I am including both recordings for comparison, here:

1) Debut recording, on the Casio AP-620:

http://www.box.net/shared/tkmf67d48e

2) Original CVS "on hold" music:

http://www.box.net/shared/sy7p2bk48q

All comments are welcome.

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#1780411 - 10/31/11 10:39 AM Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music [Re: pv88]
Gnarly Offline

Loc: CA
Sounds to me like you nailed it--guess we still don't know the composer or original composer.
The recording is sometimes slowed down and garbled when I call CVS, like it was stored on magnetic tape . . .
Thanks for your contribution!
Gnarly
PS Care to share your transcription?

#1859023 - 03/09/12 02:42 PM Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music [Re: pv88]
DCM1519 Offline

Loc: California USA
I found a site that claims to be able to identify any song if a small portion of it is played or even whistled. It looks legitimate and I think it is free. I would try it but it appears to require using a cell phone to record part of the song and then somehow transmit it. I do not have a cell phone and don't have a clue about the instructions they give.

Maybe someone here with a cell phone can read and understand it enough to try it. Here is the link.

http://www.howtogeek.com/107689/how-to-e...campaign=080312

Thanks

#1863834 - 03/17/12 06:37 PM Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music [Re: DCM1519]
DCM1519 Offline

Loc: California USA
I have read the instructions for doing this and there is a way to do it without a cell phone. I tried turning "stero mix" and my computer does not have it.

A google search seems to indicate that not many sound cards contain this feature. I am willing to buy a sound card but have not found a way to tell if the cards support stereo mix.

#2067699 - 04/20/13 04:46 PM Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music [Re: pv88]
kspitz Offline

Great job on the CVS "music on hold" piano solo. I heard somewhere it is called "The Golden Dragon" but not sure if that is correct. I have been trying to get just the chords for this piece since I play by ear. I have worked out the melody but cant quite the the left hand going correctly. Just need a list of chords like quitar chords. Even just the sequence of chords like C-major, A-minor, G-seventh etc in keeping with the melody. Do you know of a source where I could do this? Thanks much.

Edited by kspitz (04/20/13 04:53 PM)

#2123655 - 07/27/13 03:51 AM Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music [Re: kspitz]
jackross Offline

I have basic knowledge of harmonium but i want learn guitar. Is there easy way to learn guitar..

#2136055 - 08/20/13 03:06 PM Re: PREMIER recording debut - CVS Pharmacy "on hold" music [Re: pv88]
ScottieG Offline

I know this is an older thread, but I only recently had occasion to call a CVS pharmacy and hear that beautiful music. After listening to it, I jumped straight on the web to see if I could find it and came across this forum. I am green with envy that you were able to emulate it nearly note for note. Great job!! I play by ear and am attempting to learn the piece, but it's going to take me a while. I'm not a trained pianist, but I have a natural knack for playing what I hear. I have a Yamaha CVP 70 Clavinova. Bought it new in 1992. With some work, I should be able to do OK. Anyway, I just wanted to comment on your rendition. Thanks for posting. If anybody ever finds out who the composer is, I'd love to know.

Cheers

What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
164 registered (36251, accordeur, alfredo capurso, ABC Vermonter, 51 invisible), 1785 Guests and 39 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74313 Members
42 Forums
153704 Topics
2253287 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Practing songs vs. doing excersises
by cowchin12
13 minutes 22 seconds ago
The Art of the Sound Clip
by Jolly
Today at 02:52 PM
5 Abstract Studies
by Simon Hester
Today at 02:37 PM
Chopin Prelude in C Minor
by arty
Today at 02:14 PM
Question for shigeru owners.. what sounded similar ?
by Brother Methias
Today at 01:51 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission