Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2066897 - 04/19/13 03:58 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: mattroilanh_tt
My second submission ^^ I am self-learning so all your critical comments are very helpful for me ^^

Keep it up. I am self learning too.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2066898 - 04/19/13 04:00 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Codi]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Codi, the headphone jack on the piano will be stereo; the microphone input will be mono. You need to connect to the "line in" on the computer instead. This may be a stereo jack or phono plugs of which there will be two. So you`ll need a splitter with the appropriate ends. I have a 4 or 5metre cable from the computer "line in" to my piano headphone socket. There is a splitter there too, so I can listen through the headphones to what`s being recorded.

Keep on trying man! good luck

""

#2066912 - 04/19/13 04:43 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Allard Online   content

Loc: Netherlands
All the way from the beginning. There's too much to comment on, but let's make a start.

Starr Keys: this kind of music is very fitting for a piano bar! Your voice goes well with the music. It reminds me of the 60s, which is way before my time, but you hear it in movies sometimes.

Wouter79: all those ornamentations sound pretty hard to play. You got them well under your fingers.

Slpianoproject: getting ahead, huh? Nice teaser for the upcoming themed recital.

Ladypayne: your Winnie the Pooh makes me happy smile

Casinitaly: it would not let me listen to your piece.

Saranoya: your Burgmüller and your new piano sound great!

BillM: beautiful! I think your singing may deserve better recording equipment.

Newman: so short, but I'm sure Michelle got the message! I prefer the instrumental version. You could do both; open with an instrumental verse, then sing from the next.

SwissMS: this is excellent background music, thank you.

Amaruk: love your music and your videos. This one does not disappoint.

Mark...: sounds pretty simply, looks simply pretty. Nice submission.

Riddler: I'd lean more toward Schubert than Bach, but what do I know!

Elssa: sorry to hear about your cat. She looks beautiful in that picture. I imagine her laying on top of your piano while you play, then lazily reaching forward to help with the ending.

Augustina: the noise isn't too distracting. These modern phones seem to pick up mostly the main sound, close by, anyway.

Teodor: this was barely audible.

ElleC: the name on the box file is confusing! Good job on this Clementi piece. This really is a lot better than nursery rhymes, isn't it?

Codi: this piano sounds... different, but it goes well with this type of music. Don't need any pp here.

#2066918 - 04/19/13 05:39 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Codi]
mattroilanh_tt Offline

Originally Posted By: Codi
Yes that is how I was doing it (the piano headphone jack into the computer's microphone jack). But it played through as if there was 1 or 2 second delay, so I couldn't listen to myself as I played because the delay got me all mixed up. I'm sure it is just something that I am doing wrong. A setting box that needs checked or something. I may try recording it on the piano, and then transferring that as a file to the laptop with the USB. If you have an idea of what I might be doing wrong, please share or send me a pm. I would appreciate any help with that!

If you connect the headphone jack into the computer's jack, you can not hear the voice from the piano, the voice you hear from your computer will be delay because of the bad sound card. You should try to use line-out jack on your piano.
  • Suzuki Piano School Volume 1 & 2

Start Date: 11/01/2013

#2066922 - 04/19/13 05:50 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Allard Online   content

Loc: Netherlands
You could get a cheap splitter so that output from the headphone jack goes to both the computer and your headphones. Alternatively, record on the piano (with headphones on), then if you like the recording, connect the headphone jack to the computer, press play and wait patiently. Line-out to the computer would be best, but some keyboards don't have it (like the Yamaha P95). Using midi-out or transferring midi files isn't recommended unless you have an awesome software piano on your computer.

#2066942 - 04/19/13 07:10 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Inlanding]
Lost Woods Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Inlanding

Here's a quick tune -

I like this, a lot!

#2066968 - 04/19/13 08:24 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Codi Offline

Loc: Banksoda muddy river, Missouri...
Thanks all for the helpful tips! I'll be able to try them out tonight and will see what happens laugh

#2067266 - 04/19/13 05:43 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

mattroilanh_tt An assuredly played piece. Sounds good to me, man! Keep `em coming. There`s no hesitation in this one; well done!

""

#2067270 - 04/19/13 05:48 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Allard]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Allard Was that you on both videos? Sounds dark and foreboding; an omen of doom . . . but for whom??

""

#2067371 - 04/19/13 10:49 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Allard]
stumbler Offline

Loc: Toronto
Allard - Einaudi Oribits - nice submission. I really like the segue from the digital to the acoustic.

p.s. I have difficulty keeping up with the paino bar too.

#2067398 - 04/20/13 12:29 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

I saw coverage of the chase and capture of the terrorists of Boston this morning and was thinking about the poor people of Boston - to whom I would like to dedicate this version of Neil Finn's "Gentle Hum"

Gentle Hum

"My wishes for you
An end to your sorrow
And if it comes true
You'll wake up tomorrow
To a gentle hum"

#2067422 - 04/20/13 02:17 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

lovely, what a great voice you have

#2067431 - 04/20/13 02:52 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: stumbler]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: stumbler
I haven't posted a Scottish fiddle tune lately.
Here is one I arranged and recorded last year, but haven't shared yet.

Miss Stewart of Allanbank's Strathspey from William Shepherd's 1st Collection

https://www.box.com/s/9m19jmgkajmhqhe7k2dg

Nice! Works surprisingly well on a DP

#2067434 - 04/20/13 02:58 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Newman]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Newman
Neil Finn's "Gentle Hum"

Gentle Hum

"My wishes for you
An end to your sorrow
And if it comes true
You'll wake up tomorrow
To a gentle hum"

Well done, your voice nicely matches with the piano sound.

Did you play and sing all at once?

#2067443 - 04/20/13 03:39 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Newman]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Newman

Unique blend o` Lennon-McCartney. You`re an ole romantic at heart. Great song. Wish I`d wrote it meself . .. .the ending was enigmatic.

""

#2067445 - 04/20/13 03:49 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: stumbler]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

stumbler
Those trills have got to me . . . they`re Scottish through and through. . . Deep and delicious; like a woman`s hair blowing about in the wind; Love the piano; great recording.

""

#2067537 - 04/20/13 09:23 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Newman - still getting to know people here...didn't know you can sing and play the piano too! You have very nice voice. I wish I can play the piano at that level and be able to sing along. That was a very sweet and thoughtful tribute. Well done.

#2067552 - 04/20/13 10:08 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: wouter79]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wouter79
Originally Posted By: Newman
Neil Finn's "Gentle Hum"

Did you play and sing all at once?

yes

#2067553 - 04/20/13 10:12 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: peterws]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: peterws
Newman

Unique blend o` Lennon-McCartney. You`re an ole romantic at heart. Great song. Wish I`d wrote it meself . .. .the ending was enigmatic.

Yes, Neil Finn can be very Lennon-McCartney (probably why I like him). And yes, wish I'd written it too (or perhaps Don't Dream It's over, for the royalties. Ans yes, probably am an old romantic ... for me it's about melody.

#2067562 - 04/20/13 10:50 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Newman]
stumbler Offline

Newman - Gentle Hum - nice piece. Your piano accompaniment matches the mood of the song very well.

#2067567 - 04/20/13 10:58 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
mattroilanh_tt Offline

My third submission for this bar ^^

Can anyone recommend some pieces at my level? It takes me about 3 days to practice a piece like that, I think it is too simple to contribute to this bar frown I need some pieces not too advanced, but take me about 1 week to finish it. I am at Lone Star Waltz of Afred' Basic Adult Lv 1. Thank you ^^

#2067578 - 04/20/13 11:28 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
stumbler Offline

mattroilanh_tt - memories - this is not too simple for the piano bar. I enjoyed your playing.

I'm not qualified to suggest other pieces. But perhaps one of the others who has been through some of the Alfred's series will be able to suggest something.

#2067604 - 04/20/13 12:47 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
ElleC Offline

#2067706 - 04/20/13 05:00 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: ElleC]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

ElleC. I just noticed you've only been playing since January. Excellent work! Do you read as well?

#2067709 - 04/20/13 05:08 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: ElleC]
stumbler Offline

ElleC
Simplicity - nice playing, your phrasing matches the rhythm well.

Mussette - good progress on this, especially in the second half---that part where the right hand seems to go in an unexpected direction (bar13 for example) always tries to throw me, but you handle it well.
I wonder if your score matches mine. Mine has separate repeats for the two parts---play part A twice, then part B twice, then part A again.

#2067754 - 04/20/13 07:12 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Newman]
ElleC Offline

I didn't have experience with piano but I was in a choir in hs and college so I think having that sense of rhythm and sort of being able to read notes (i'm not really that good at sight reading...though its gotten better since I started playing piano) helped a lot with my progress.

#2067799 - 04/20/13 09:54 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
mattroilanh_tt Offline

@ ElleC: You play very well. Started at the same time with me but you are far better than me ^^ The phrasing and dynamics are very clear ^^

#2067807 - 04/20/13 10:10 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
ElleC Offline

Originally Posted By: mattroilanh_tt
@ ElleC: You play very well. Started at the same time with me but you are far better than me ^^ The phrasing and dynamics are very clear ^^

I have my teacher to thank for that! If i don't have her criticisms and guidance, I think I'd be playing differently. I just try to follow her directions the best I can.

#2067874 - 04/21/13 05:50 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

mattroilanh_tt

Played with accuracy and confidence. A good beginning is essential, and you have it - Onwards and upwards!

Edited by peterws (04/21/13 05:50 AM)

""

#2067878 - 04/21/13 05:58 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: ElleC]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

ElleC
You`re not short of flamboyance in your style. I like that . . . I also remember the Burgmuller pieces like they were yesterday . . . something from my teacher must`ve sunk in . . grin

""

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
101 registered (36251, Allard, aesop, Al LaPorte, Abby Pianoman, 29 invisible), 1008 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75969 Members
42 Forums
157106 Topics
2307300 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does it get easier?
by Pover
08/28/14 07:10 AM
Correct fingering
by johan d
08/28/14 06:50 AM
An update on Ethan Hawke's docu about Seymour Bernstein
by music32
08/28/14 04:36 AM
Tuning the 7th octave
by AaronM
08/28/14 01:29 AM
Some Swan Lake
by harpon
08/28/14 12:53 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission