Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#2074048 - 04/30/13 09:45 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
Ganddalf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Norway
My comments to Op.85. Once again it was a very pleasing experience listening to the pieces.

85/1 by Valencia: You have good reason to be proud of your performance. Your playing is very melodic and the left hand comes out very clearly.
85/2 by Wayne: You handle this tricky piece with excellence. Actually I haven't listened often to it, but now I realise that this is another "pearl".
85/3 by Morodiene: Listening to your performance put me in good mood. I have heard very fast performances of it, but actually I like it the way you did it.
85/4 by Rupak: This is a very beautiful melody along with an intricate accompanying part. Your performance was very beautiful, and I liked your dynamics.
85/5 by myself: I decided to pick this piece because I have been playing it for many years, and nobody else showed any interest in it. Disregarding the intro and the coda it is a four part "choral" and the melody has much in common with some of Mendelssohn's choir works.
85/6 by Numerian: This is another great performance. I appreciate that you play these pieces so lightly. Very appealing, indeed.

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2074062 - 04/30/13 10:06 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
Ganddalf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Finally my comments to Op.102. This is the book I have paid less attention to, but after listening to your performances I understand that this is another fine collection of pieces.

102/1 by Greener: This is a difficult piece to play, with very challenging movements in the left hand. Still you manage to make good music out of it. Very well done.
102/2 by FarmGirl: Thank you for sharing this beautiful melodic piece. I understand your domestic situation very well, and I always through out the cat before recording anything.
102/3 by AimeeO: Fine Presto playing. I appreciate your joyful performance of this piece.
102/4 by LadyChen: Beautiful! The "voice" stands well out along with the intricate "piano part". Obviously it is a good thing to learn thing at early age.
102/5 by LadyChen: Another very charming piece. It sounded quite impressive to me.
102/6 by Greener: A fine ending of the recital. After all these different pieces this song somehow puts the mind at rest.

#2074083 - 04/30/13 10:47 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Ganddalf]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted By: Ganddalf

102/2 by FarmGirl: Thank you for sharing this beautiful melodic piece. I understand your domestic situation very well, and I always through out the cat before recording anything.

LOL...and I always throw the husband out too!! laugh
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2074096 - 04/30/13 11:02 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Greener - Op. 102 No. 6 - The music would have inspired those kinds of images (although the jumping fish was more inspired than I could have been, but quite anticipating of the the final serence triumphs), because you played it so that it would. If you can follow that sentence. It was wonderful.

FarmGirl - op. 102 No. 2 - Wonderful interpretation skills and dynamics. Your soul went into it.

Cathy

#2074352 - 04/30/13 04:28 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
Ganddalf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Just some final thoughts after having participated in this recital and listened to all contributions.

It has been a great experience, and I'm proud of belonging to a group with so many skilled players. For my own part I think I have learnt a lot, not only during the study of my own pieces, but also by listening to all of you. I'm an amateur player with no musical education and I almost never had piano lessons. Therefore the impulses I got from this event are all very useful.

Thanks to all who participated and last, but not least to the organisers.

I'm going to continue playing the Mendelssohn pieces, but of course I also look forward to the upcoming Grieg recital,and hope to see you all there.

#2075027 - 05/01/13 01:34 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
Valencia Online   content

A little belated, but....what a wonderful recital! heart It’s such a pleasure to listen to all these performances. I’ve created a playlist so that I can listen to the recordings as I work here at my computer and I will continue to do so into the future. Thanks to everyone for all their efforts and for sharing their playing!

And thank you for listening to my submissions and for your supportive comments (and wouter for the flowers :)). Thank you to Farmgirl, pianostudent88, Morodiene, Dynamobt, DanS, peterws, Ganddalf, Recaredo, AimeeO, Wisebuff, Greener, dire tonic for their specific comments! I’ve kept the comments so that I can refer back to them.

Farmgirl and Wisebuff asked about the videos…I’ll have to ask LimeFriday what she used to make them, I think windows movie maker? I think she did random searches on the internet for pictures.

Wisebuff I’m happy to hear you liked the 85/1 and are thinking to learn it. Pretty isn’t it? I found learning a little music theory helpful to memorizing this piece in the sense that it helped me to recognize some of the chords that form the arpeggios.

Oh yes and thank you Dipsy for the daily info on Mendelssohn’s life. I loved reading about him each day! And thank you Rossy and Wayne for all your hard work for this recital.

3hearts

#2075066 - 05/01/13 02:40 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
OP 102 1 -6. hERE GOES. cAN`T type either . .

1 Greener Very well played. The imagery is strong; those poor buggers. ARe there no shelters in Toronto for the homeless?

2 Farmgirl Lovely hymn like piece, played amid the distractions of family life. Yo are in danger of being upstaged, girl! The dog and husband have to go!

3 AimeeO It`s fast enough, lass. You handled it well. But the ending is strange isn`t it?

4 LadyChen Beautifully played , expression was excellent. Sounds like a quality instrument you have there!

5 LadyChen Again, excellent light and shade. Great stuff!

6 Greener Good music, solidly and sympathetically played. The religious imagery? Yes. We need hope . . . Onwards and upwards.

You`re too good, you lot! I have to practice for the next one now. What have I let meself in for?? See ya there . . .

""

#2075212 - 05/01/13 06:43 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: peterws]
LadyChen Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: peterws
Sounds like a quality instrument you have there!

peterws -- you made my day with this comment. This was my first recording on my new (to me) Yamaha C3 grand. I love it sooo much and I was thrilled that you commented on the quality smile.

#2075381 - 05/01/13 11:57 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Opus 85, no 1 - Valencia - How sweet and sentimental.. I think you did a great job with it smile
Opus 85, no 2 - Wayne, this would have been much better if you were topless. Aside from that, I think you did really well with it and I think you've been hard on yourself! Great job!
Opus 85, no 3 - Morodiene, another fantastic submission. I love the liveliness of it.
Opus 85, no 4 - Rupak, that was awesome! Can't wait to hear the rest of it! You emote so well in this piece.
Opus 85, no 5 - Gandalf, again, fantastic. It sounds like an enjoyable afternoon.
Opus 85, no 6 - Numerian, love this one too. Sounds like an adventurous day out!

Opus 102, no 1 - Greener, this is one of those ones I didn't know before but I'm glad I do now. It has a nice drama to it (I guess homelessness can be rather dramatic). This is a really nice performance.
Opus 102, no 2 - Oh, Farmgirl - I've been looking forward to this one since you turned it in and said your husband said you looked homeless, and there was swearing involved. This sounds like life in my house, so I knew it would be awesome. And it is! Your performance was great. I loved that you were singing along(very Gouldish!). You did not look homeless, though! I think the piece was the perfect soundtrack to the domestic situation.
Opus 102, no 3 - Yikes. I think I grabbed the wrong one! (not that the other was too much better! still too much tension in the second half!) I blame it on WMM. Will try again for quarterly recital! I did learn so much from doing this.. a lot of it will help in the future.
Opus 102, no 4 - LadyChen - It's so pretty! You definitely got the feeling across. Good job eradicating the old mistakes, as well.
Opus 102, no 5 - LadyChen - Wow! That one has a lot going on in it, and you did a nice job tempering it and making it sound natural. I like it!
Opus 102, no 6 - Greener - The speed was fine - not only by itself, but it works well for closing out the set as well. Nice playing!

#2075391 - 05/02/13 12:06 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Oh, and Rossy, I do have an appreciation society for WMM. BillyO and I routinely burn copies of WMM as sacrifice to the Microsoft Gods in our backyard. I am thinking of burning my entire PC(containing WMM) on September 14, 2013, in commemoration of WMM's 13th birthday. If anyone would like to start their own chapter, please PM me your information, and I will send you an introductory kit containing matches and lighter fluid.

#2075442 - 05/02/13 01:09 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
dire tonic Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: uk south
More re-listenings, further musings…

Opus 38 no 2 played by Rostosky. Up against the three arch-enemies, equipment failure, the red light and the clock I’d have thrown in the towel and submitted chopsticks. Against such adversity this is a truly courageous effort, Rossy, and even before you start working to improve it, a performance already full of heart.

Opus 38 no3 played by Morodiene. With so little time to prepare this piece I can’t imagine how you’ve turned in such a delicate and flowing rendition. A pleasure to listen to.

Opus 38 no 4 played by peterws. A piece relying so heavily on the movement of chords, you’ve played them with superb precision and timing –it’s all too easy to play them raggedly. A truly majestic yet musical offering. Good to have been able to listen again.

Opus 38. no.5 Played by Dipsey. At the announcement of the recital, figuring out the opening bars of most of the pieces, I shrank back from this one as a tough assignment yet you turned in a tour de force, driving through with irresistible energy, even without the train as a visual clue. It sparked memories for me - I learnt on an Eavestaff mini as a kid - and your credits finish on a hilarious note. Not only music - all-round entertainment!

Opus 38. no. 6 played by SamS. One of my very favourite of the SWWs. In the playing it reminds me a bit of the Schubert 90-3 with the rippling arpeggios + melody in the RH but here you have the delightful duet too. I pitched for this early on but you’d got there first! You play this beautifully, Sam, and you’ve inspired me to learn it myself.

Opus53 no.1 played by Morodiene . Sufficient you say? This is spilling over with more than most can deliver. Exquisite. Richly expressive yet perfectly controlled. You’ve made me want to play it.

Opus 53 no.2 played by Ganddalf. The melody and accompaniment are in a perfect rhythmic balance. So smoothly flowing as we approach the ending where it seems there’s both a duet together with the 3s rippling under. Lovely. I had to play it again.

Opus 53.no.3 - Musicusblau. I’m sorry Musicusblau but I’m going to have to dock your rating by three penalty points for refusing to allow embedding!! Seriously though, a blindingly skilled performance requiring considerable stamina and yet with all that, it was still finely nuanced. Beyond even my ambition!

opus 53.no4 played by Wisebuff. I seem to remember at the outset you were concerned with some difficult stretches in the chords. Even so, you played with great warmth and delicate yet full expression. A pleasure to listen.

opus 53 no5 performed by SamS. This looks and sounds like a difficult piece, with extremes of mood - you succeeded in moving between them with such ease from the ringing and dramatic pounding octaves into the gentle closing passage.

Opus 53 no 6 performed by Kaz63piano. I considered submitting this song myself a while before you took it on. It holds what I felt were considerable technical challenges over and above the crazy tempo required to achieve that blurring effect. You delivered an impressive performance.

#2075668 - 05/02/13 07:23 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]

Originally Posted By: dire tonic

Opus53 no.1 played by Morodiene . Sufficient you say? This is spilling over with more than most can deliver. Exquisite. Richly expressive yet perfectly controlled. You’ve made me want to play it.

Thanks, DT. I think that is exactly what happened to me. With all these people playing these pieces so well, I've been inspired to learn them even though I have limited time. Valencia's Op 30 No 1 and EvelynS's Op 19 No 2 are ones that I've already gotten started on. There are plenty of other ones that stick out in my mind that had I all the time in the day I'd add those to my list. This whole this has been so inspiring!

#2075682 - 05/02/13 07:45 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
Greener Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
Just a quick final commentary from me on this thread. I have not been able to comment on every performance throughout this recital week. I know that it is very appreciated from those that have, but I am just not able to at this time. But, I have truly delighted in listening and enjoying the fine entertainment of each and every performance.

A big thank you to the organizers for a fabulously run recital -- the Mendelssohn bio throughout was a very nice added touch, Rossy -- and to all the participants on this thread that helped us in learning these works the right way. We clearly all did.

The only variance from the most polished performances (some are truly at professional performance level) is more time on the bench for some of us, I think.

I'm keeping a keen eye on the Grieg thread and hope to participate, but no commitment just yet. Hopefully, I will see you all there. This one was a lot of fun, and I really feel like I'm making some progress these days.

A world renowned Cellist (sorry forget the name), who had played some of the largest venues around the world all his life and achieved the highest acclaim was asked ... you're 96 years old now and you still practice 6 hours a day, why do you do it? His response was ... Well, you know, I am noticing some improvement smile

We're only going to get better with practice of course. PW and more so recitals like these have been a big motivator for me and I'm very glad to be here.

thanks again

#2075698 - 05/02/13 08:32 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
thumb

One final note of appreciation to everyone from me. I've listened to every single performance and truly enjoyed the experience. Like Greener, I am unable to do follow up and feedback. I just don't have the time. My time was better spent listening to all of the beautiful music you made on this thread.

Thanks again!

#2075716 - 05/02/13 08:53 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Greener]

Originally Posted By: Greener

A world renowned Cellist (sorry forget the name), who had played some of the largest venues around the world all his life and achieved the highest acclaim was asked ... you're 96 years old now and you still practice 6 hours a day, why do you do it? His response was ... Well, you know, I am noticing some improvement smile
Love it!

#2075739 - 05/02/13 09:39 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you all for commenting on my comical yet shoddy production. I will do better with Grieg. I will have slightly more time. My last day for choir for this season is May 19th. In Episcopal church in Scottsdale AZ we say that even God takes vacation. It gets too hot here. My Saturday class will end soon.

Anyway lots of appreciation to Rossy, Wayne, Dipsey and others who organized and helped to make it happen. I came to ABF because I could not belong to PC. Now I'd say I'm in this because this is the best place.
Pieces at work - Schubert Sonata D960 2nd mvmnt Andante sostenute, Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1, Haru No Umi-the Sea In Spring (Michio Miyagi) for Flute & Piano (Nov Diversity Fair at work)

#2076628 - 05/03/13 12:25 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Magic !!
Okay folks I would just like to say a big thank you to all that took part, it could not have been anything like this fantastic result, without each and everyone of you!!

My personal take is that this has been so much more than the sum of its parts, it has grown into something quite magical and has had many benefits for many people.

Not least is actually trying to learn a piece of music well out of your usual comfort zone.
To work at something like these pieces in a more concentrated and detailed way has been fun and infuriating at times, in equal measure, for a few of us, at least!

It has been great to know that should anyone get stuck with either the music or the technology (to get the music here so we can all listen) that there is always help here of the highest calibre for free , and given with the only concern being: to help you out.

I feel confident in saying that quality of this recital and the inspirational comments given by listeners and performers in this thread, have served to add the icing on the cake for a very nice place on the internet to be.

Excellent, well done folks.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#2076669 - 05/03/13 01:31 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
ragnhildK Offline

Like Greener I have not had the capacity - or the knowledge- to comment on every one of the performances. But I have listened and enjoyed each and every one, and I have become very inspired by you all. Inspired to play the piano more frequently and inspired to play more Mendelssohn.
If I had to pick one favourite it must be Farmgirls "domestic situation" performance that was just lovely!

I almost became addicted to this daily doses of Mendelssohns beautiful songs, so now I will have to bring back the magic by learning some new pieces.

Looking forward to the Grieg-recital - and thanks to Rostosky for going on with a new project!

#2076986 - 05/04/13 03:42 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
I am so sorry to be so slow in getting to listen to these wonderful pieces!

I started a week ago, got interrupted by life, and am just getting back now--- and what a delight!

I'm not very familiar with Mendelssohn's Songs without Words (or any of his works, for that matter). The little experience I have comes from SamS's recital submissions and those of a few others. I am taking this recital as a great opportunity to become more informed (not to mention the entertainment value!)

Thanks to all those who contributed, and to Rossy and Wayne who did so much work on getting all the ducks in a row!

Feedback on Op 19!

Op 19 N1 - Beric - Beautifully played! (and nice filming too). this is a charming, relaxing piece and I greatly enjoyed listening to it. You made it sound very easy -though I suspect it isn't ! Nonetheless I feel inspired to put it on my "must learn" list!
Thank you for such an enjoyable introduction to the themed recital!

Op 19 N2 Ragnhildk - This piece is very interesting - it has the sound of an older period, reminiscent of Baroque. Your performance was rich with depth and nuances.

Op 19 N3 EvelynS - wow! Drama and flair! What an exciting piece. You played this with wonderful energy and enthusiasm, I loved it!

Op 19 N4 Beric - What a treat! Most enjoyable. --- Best wishes for your recovery from the hospital, hope you are home safe and sound now.

Op 19 N5 Gandalf - I think your performance was just splendid. Thank you for the treat! I was able to float along in a state of meditation while you played. I loved watching your hands move on the keys - so relaxed, bringing forth such beautiful music. Looking at how you moved across the keyboard I was reminded of what my teacher is trying (with painfully slow success) to get me to do. smile

OP 19 N6 Reccaredo - I was quite stunned when I saw the score. I'm very very impressed with the skill you brought to this piece. I can believe it was a big challenge for you, but it is also a great success. Complimenti indeed! This is a piece that has a special place in my heart for a number of reasons and your performance brought a smile to my heart. (I liked the art work too!)

I hope to get to the next OP very soon!

Thank you for a lovely start to my weekend everyone!

#2077000 - 05/04/13 04:24 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: FarmGirl]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Farmgirl - "It gets too hot here."

Those are words some of us in the UK long for . . . . .!

""

#2077118 - 05/04/13 11:29 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: peterws]
ragnhildK Offline

And in Norway we have forgotten what it means....

#2077150 - 05/04/13 01:03 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: ragnhildK]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Originally Posted By: ragnhildK

And in Norway we have forgotten what it means....

Hopefully you havent forgotten how to build boats to go out finding warmer climates? lol.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#2077581 - 05/05/13 10:34 AM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hey Cheryl, thanks for your feedback, so nice words as always!

My website

#2078442 - 05/06/13 04:34 PM Re: Mendelssohn recital Home. [Re: Rostosky]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Well, if you can bear going back a few days... smile I'm behind with my comments!

I have had a delightful evening listening to six recordings and want to thank all who contributed for the pleasure you've given!

Op 30 N. 1 Valencia. My congratulations to you Valencia - that was poetry!
I found the video of the pianos heartbreaking and as your music floated through my head I couldn't help but wonder what stories those pianos and those rooms had to tell.
You certainly did achieve balance between making the bass smooth and letting the melodly sing. Very well done indeed.

Op 30 N 2 Numerian: What an thrilling piece! You played with great energy and enthusiasm - I loved it. It made me think of a hunting scene, folks on horseback flying over fields and through the woods - very dramatic! The room in the video was stunning!

Op 30 N.3 PianoStudent88: What an elegant piece. I can't comment on your technical abilities, but the result of your hard work is wonderful to listen to. I loved the delicacy of your opening and closing bars. Well done ( and thanks for explaining thumb over!)

Op 30 N.4 DanS...When I saw the title "The Wanderer" I was expecting something much slower paced. Seems this Wanderer was in a big hurry! smile It was great to have such a good view of your hands and also see the score as you played. I think you did a splendid job on this and I thoroughly enjoyed your performance!

OP 30 N.5 Beric -- another treat from you! I loved the flow, the intertwining patterns - the delicacy of balance - this is a charming piece, charmingly played.

OP 30 N.6 Dire Tonic! I could hear the water lapping at the sides of the Grand Canal, picture the Gondola gliding under the Rialto bridge and down narrow canals, moonlight sparkling on tiny waves. Venice is my favourite Italian city and I enjoyed this musical sight-seeing very much!

OP 38 N. 1 Dire Tonic again. I read your notes first and was very curious to hear any presaging of the blues....I only caught a glimpse of it at the beginning and again at the end, cool! It also make me think of a 19thC operetta, something Gilbert and Sullivan-ish. Your dp has great sound and you really know how to bring out what it has to offer. Well done indeed!

OP 38 N. 2 Rostosky. What a frustrating time you had of recording your piece. I can truthfully say that any flubs you say are there, aren't obvious to someone who doesn't know the piece. You had a very busy time with the left-hand work, relentless ! But you held the pace steady really well. I enjoyed listening to this -- but if you ever do decide to record it again and are happier with it, I'd be pleased to listen once more!

OP 38 N. 3 Morodienne. Well, if that is out of control, let me be out of control too please. smile As I listened it seemed I could hear different instruments--- a balalaika, a harp, an accordion....a violin, - I was very impressed with the left-hand work you did so well in this piece - and the overall performace was such a pleasure to listen to (and compliments on the seamless page turing!). Bravissima!

OP 38 N. 4 Peterws. Oh! I like this a LOT! There is, as in one of the earlier pieces, an older sound to this music - not baroque, but something earlier for sure. Dramatic, enthusiastic, dynamic -and I especially liked the rippling notes from about 1:45 on!

OP 38 N. 5 Dipsy. I enjoyed reading your background story on this piece. I can well believe that this piece was a challenge - I don't know much about how long you've been playing or what you usually play, but your performance here is admirable indeed! I think you did a brilliant job of keeping the pace and performing with energy - and at the same time maintaining balance between left and right parts. (I liked the video too smile it really fit with the feel of the piece!)

OP 38 N. 6 Sam S. This is the last piece I'm listening to tonight- I want to hold it in my head as I go to sleep. What a romantic passionate piece- and how well you played it. I loved the "big octave" section - it made me think of the couple coming out of the church and the bells ringing wildly. I truly enjoyed your performance. Thank you!

I'm looking forward to hearing the next round!

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
164 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, 36251, Almaviva, 50 invisible), 1793 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74300 Members
42 Forums
153683 Topics
2252754 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Cover of Luke Bryan "Drink a Beer"
by Zach Evans
Today at 05:36 PM
Boris Slutsky to perform at PianoCraft on May 3
by Keith D Kerman
Today at 05:06 PM
Boris Slutsky to perform at PianoCraft May 3
by Keith D Kerman
Today at 05:05 PM
Hi Mr S-H and all
by Seaside_Lee
Today at 04:13 PM
A Steinway for under 1,500...
by Juln
Today at 04:09 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission