2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
74 members (amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, 14 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
J
Thanks, James.

Jack
J
J
Well, unfortunately, it's 2 inches too wide. But if those side caps can come off without breaking anything, it should fit. Now, I wonder if anyone actually has one in stock?
BTW, the figure for depth, 42.5 cm, is incorrectly converted to inches as 17 3/4". It should be 16.73".

Jack
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
joflah, the side panels can be removed, however I wouldn't recommend doing so because they're need to hold the VPC1 together.

Originally Posted by joflah
BTW, the figure for depth, 42.5 cm, is incorrectly converted to inches as 17 3/4". It should be 16.73".

Ah, well spotted, thank you!
I fixed the error.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
I agree that the music rack of the MP10 doesn't fit MY personal needs. But I wasn't excpecting much more on a stage DP. My previous one simply didn't have any!
On the other hand, I didn't chose my DP on this particular spec (I rather concentrated on sound and keyboard feel). But that's ok, there are solutions.
How about that?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byad-kOz7gKgXzBSN1RTSzRqZTg/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byad-kOz7gKgSzZmMFg1R1c0VEE/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.woodbrass.com/librairie%2C-papeterie%2C-dvd...-pupitre-rtx-pupitre-puvx-orchestre-
p20195.html

A
A
Originally Posted by theJourney
Originally Posted by rnaple
Originally Posted by theJourney
...Since you admit that you cannot be of help to us, why not let others respond to the thread who might be able to address the question posed with their own ideas or proposed solutions.

If you're worried about a good music stand. Why not buy one? Put it behind the keyboard? Problem solved.

I'm looking forward to buying the VPC. I want a keyboard. Not a music stand.

Sometimes, people sound like they expect a keyboard to be a transformer. Transforms into this and that and...in the end they got a kid's toy.
No hillbilly solution. Easy solution. I want a music stand. I buy one.

Oh gee....I'm paying all this money and I want.... You want to whine!

Thanks for your suggestion.

I expect the Kawai VPC-1 to fulfill the function it is advertised: " A virtual (software) controller from a real piano company". Real piano companies deliver usable music stands that hold paper properly and with industry standard distances to the back of the keys c.q. to the player's eyes.

Placing a stand behind the keyboard becomes even more of a problem than mounted on the back of the keyboard....

The distance from the back of the keys to the base of the music stand on my Kawai RX-2 is adjustable from negative to about 13 centimeters and on my Roland HP-307 is about 10 centimeters.

Placing as you suggested a (standing?) floor music stand (assume an orchestra director version for required width?) behind the VPC-1 would mean a distance of greater than 30 centimeters). That is three times the distance and completely off the scale for a piano and becomes unusable for someone with reading glasses, bifocals or even normal eyes. It is a good thing the newer, deeper keyboard is not on board or you might need binoculars to see the music! smile

Dear Friends, music rest is not an important issue for this device, it can be solved with some other ways. There is a more serious problem for me, which is about triple pedal! I expect from Kawai to built a more solid triple pedal for this device. I understand that it does not have its dedicated stand, so it is impossible to fix the pedal assembly to somewhere and that's why the pedal assembly have to be very solid unit, i.e thick/heavy, but as far as I can see, it is very similar to F20 2 pedal unit and I am sure it will move around when you use it! The pedals have very low height from their base,floor, impossible to replicate real piano foot actions. I was expecting something more solid like Roland's triple pedal for RD700NX. I hope Kawai will remedy this failure with new MP series... For a serious piano playing, that is essential, music rest is a less serious issue...
Cheers!

Last edited by AtlantisHero; 04/23/13 12:53 AM.
AtlantisHero, thank you for your post.

To clarify, your issue with the F-30 pedal unit is that:

- it may move around on the floor
- the height of the pedals is too low (?)

Here are the two pedal units, for reference:

Kawai F-30:

[Linked Image]

Roland RPU-3:

[Linked Image]

Kind regards,
James
x

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Seems pretty solid to me ?! @AtlantisHero ; have you tried it ?

Personally I like the idea of NOT having a fixed position of the pedals (fixed in cabinet / stand); if it's ergonomically not in the right place for you , than you can move it to a position where you find it more pleasant to use. E.g. the three pedal set on my ES7 was a bit to close to the front for my own taste and I would have loved to be able to position it backward a bit. With the VPC1 set you can do exactly that.

Please let us know if you tried the F-30 or know anyone who has and what the experience was (perfectly OK, too light / too low ?); I'm curious.

(Should have known the answer myself by now, but...; sorry James ;-)

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
The pedals are solid and fine, not too low. They don't move easily on most floors. If you ask me.

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
When I first got my F-20 2-pedal unit it used to move around on the hardwood floor where I was at the time. I got some non-slip shelf liner and put it underneath and it hasn't bothered me since. You might try the same thing or something similar. You can also place something behind it (phonebook?). Generally in my experience when a pedal moves it moves away from you.

A
A
Originally Posted by Kawai James
AtlantisHero, thank you for your post.

To clarify, your issue with the F-30 pedal unit is that:

- it may move around on the floor
- the height of the pedals is too low (?)

Here are the two pedal units, for reference:

Kawai F-30:

[Linked Image]

Roland RPU-3:

[Linked Image]

Kind regards,
James
x

Hello James, let me tell you one thing firstly, you are great smile I have never seen a company presentative who is in love chatting and sharing their opinions with the customer... Well done!

One of my friends has Kawai MP10 and his F20 pedal set is dancing on the hard floor. I have not seen VPC-1 and F30 pedal set yet but as far as I can see the construction of it very similar with F20. It may not move as much as F20 but I am sure it has a tendency to do so...

I am sure you have played acustic pianos as well as digital piano models with furniture and their pedal location from the ground is quite high. We are talking about replicating the real piano so I think the pedals should look more sturdy. Yes, as I said, I have not tried them yet, but I would be really glad if I get some feedback from someone about this issue.
I do not know but Roland's triple pedal set looks more elegant and purposeful... Thank you for your kindness anyway smile

A
A
Hey JFP, hello smile

No, not tried in person yet. But like with real and proper digital pianos, I always prefer the pedals get fixed somewhere! Yes, at first, the pedal set seems to be very at front, but if you play the piano properly, you will get used to it and when you do not have it, you will feel strange. Like wearing seatbelt wink

A
A
I will have to try it in person when I get chance to do so...

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by AtlantisHero
We are talking about replicating the real piano so I think the pedals should look more sturdy.

Digital piano pedals (the ones not built into a console model) are always able to move around. It's not a big deal generally, but it can require a little thought if it's an issue. I'm pretty sure the F-20 doesn't move around more than other pedals. Quite the opposite, actually. It's relatively large, heavy, and sturdy. My guess is that your friend's floor is quite problematic for pedals.

I can't agree with your other comments, unfortunately. Under the foot the F-20 feels pretty much like an acoustic pedal. Certainly as much as any other digital pedal I've tried. I don't think it's lower. The pedals look to me pretty much like those on acoustics. I guess I don't see what's to complain about in the F-20 besides there being only two pedals (which the F-30 changes). It's a fine set of pedals...I don't think there are others that are better. Maybe on the avantgrand...

Even if the pedal was very different from an acoustic, I wouldn't see the big deal. There are differences between different pianos (both acoustics and digitals) and the pedal height and resistance is one of them. But people don't usually complain about it because it takes like 1 second to adjust to and then you don't notice it. Differences in the keys are a much bigger problem, especially when going from one acoustic to another.

The only complaint I've ever had with a digital piano pedal (besides the models that are just on/off with no in between) is that some models are very narrow and can tip over or turn to the side while you are playing. The nice thing about the F-20 and similar models is that this doesn't happen.

Last edited by gvfarns; 04/23/13 08:51 PM.
Hello AtlantisHero,

Hello James, let me tell you one thing firstly, you are great smile

Thank you. wink

I have never seen a company presentative who is in love chatting and sharing their opinions with the customer... Well done!

Thanks again. I enjoy participating on this forum largely because I'm a fan of digital pianos. I'm also reasonably knowledgeable about Kawai instruments and those of other manufacturers, so it makes sense to contribute where I can.

One of my friends has Kawai MP10 and his F20 pedal set is dancing on the hard floor. I have not seen VPC-1 and F30 pedal set yet but as far as I can see the construction of it very similar with F20. It may not move as much as F20 but I am sure it has a tendency to do so...

Yes, the F-30 design is very similar to that of the F-20. I actually use an F-20 at home, and it does slide around a little on the mock-wood vinyl flooring, although no dancing unfortunately.

However, the same is true of the expression and switch pedals that are placed either side of it (incidentally, great idea for a new topic: Show us your pedal configuration...). Fortunately, the instruments these pedals are connected to are placed against the wall, so there's not a great deal of movement. If it was a real concern, I'd probably purchase a pack of non-slip rubber pads from the 100 yen store and attach them to the underside.

Cheers,
James
x

K
K
I think that the VPC1 + the ES7 Designer Stand + ES7 Triple Pedal Lyre will make the MOST HANDSOME
Digitalpiano / controller ever ;D

Regards,
Oscar

Kawai ES7
Casio PX-350
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Kromen
I think that the VPC1 + the ES7 Designer Stand + ES7 Triple Pedal Lyre will make the MOST HANDSOME
Digitalpiano / controller ever ;D

Regards,
Oscar

Something like this (sorry - just a quick/ rough mockup)

[Linked Image]

A
A
It looks like a front cut acustic piano, though :P

Last edited by AtlantisHero; 04/25/13 07:48 AM.
A
A
Hello gvfarns, you are right, the pedal itself ( F20 ) is not bad actually, and dancing issue may be encountered with all type of stage piano pedals unless they are fixed somewhere... I think this is one of the reasons why people buy the furnitured piano models or sth like ES7 with stand...

A
A
James, I am quite impressed with Kawai MP10 and I believe that any instrument should have some sounds in it for their soul. That's why I was going to wait for new MP series. However, I have recently encountered with StudioLogic Numa Concert piano and tell you what, I have never felt such eery while listening a digital piano like that one. I am already fall in love with Fazioli AP ( I am a proud owner of a Gem Promega3 ) and while listening it, I could feel like hearing all vital vibrations supposed to come from an AP smile
I am planing to buy it AND IT EVEN DOES NOT HAVE A TRIPLE PEDAL SET AS AN OPTION... WEIRD!

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
James, I am quite impressed with Kawai MP10 and I believe that any instrument should have some sounds in it for their soul. That's why I was going to wait for new MP series. However, I have recently encountered with StudioLogic Numa Concert piano and tell you what, I have never felt such eery while listening a digital piano like that one. I am already fall in love with Fazioli AP ( I am a proud owner of a Gem Promega3 ) and while listening it, I could feel like hearing all vital vibrations supposed to come from an AP smile
I am planing to buy it AND IT EVEN DOES NOT HAVE A TRIPLE PEDAL SET AS AN OPTION... WEIRD!

What about the touch of the Numa , especially in comparison with VPC / MP10 ??

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission