Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#2182094 - 11/14/13 04:13 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AZ_Astro]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Spanish living in UK
AZ_Astro, I know it's been a while but I wanted to thank you, both for sharing your recording and for making a .midi file for Synthesia. It sounds really nice.

Cheers

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2182379 - 11/14/13 04:06 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Bamburg]
Palmpirate Offline

Loc: B.C.Canada
Well done Bamburg. on 5 months you've done a lot, and got a recording made!I think I should challenge myself to put something up by Xmas and overcome the nerves! I just had to hear my mistakes over and over so delete everything I've tried so far.Mind you I like Jotur's idea of listening to progress!

#2182407 - 11/14/13 05:26 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Bamburg]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Bamburg
Sounds atmospheric. You`re enjoying this and it shows. Good stuff. Keep it coming!

""

#2185731 - 11/20/13 01:38 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
eejake52 Offline

Loc: Invermere, BC
This is my first post and first recording. I started keyboard lessons about 10 months ago and have been using the eMedia computer based instruction. I am retired and hope to play along at the jams that are held here in the RV park.

This song is not part of eMedia content - I downloaded the music from CapoTastoMusic

Here is the recording: Angels we Have Heard on High

Thanks for checking it out and providing your feedback!
Jake

#2185839 - 11/20/13 04:48 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Welcome to the forum eejake52 and thanks for sharing....it's not easy putting yourself out there. Nice smooth playing keep up the good work.

#2186094 - 11/21/13 03:26 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: eejake52]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted By: eejake52
Thanks for checking it out and providing your feedback!
Jake

All I can do is encourage you, Jake. You're doing good.

#2186152 - 11/21/13 07:45 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Good job battling the red dot Jake! It takes guts to post a 1st recording.

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2186214 - 11/21/13 09:48 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: eejake52]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Looks like you do a good job of keeping your eyes on the music and a steady rhythm. Make sure you remember your key signature throughout and any accidentals. Congrats Jake, ECCO FATTO!

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2186254 - 11/21/13 10:50 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
That was great! I sang along. I loved the care you put in to it, both while playing it for this video, and obviously during your practice sessions, and it certainly paid off. This was a nice tempo, and a great piece for this season smile The RV park community will love it.

Wow, how cool that there's a jam session there, too. You'll have a lot to add, onward!

And thanks so much for this perspective on your video - I love seeing the players, and not just the hands. It adds a real personality.

Put a smile on my face.

Cathy

#2186279 - 11/21/13 11:50 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: jotur]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
Great work Jake ... I love watching/hearing new people get started on piano!

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

#2198584 - 12/16/13 03:07 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
torquenale Offline

Loc: Italy
I don't believe I'm really posting here...

I'm really shy regarding performing in public, but the ABF recitals are an inspiration for me.
I read a lot of threads about recording, and a couple of weeks ago I tried to record connecting my digital piano with the computer... it was fun, but I was not satisfied because I love my acoustic upright.
So I asked a Zoom for Christmas; my husband kindly complied and the recorder arrived a week ago.
Just to try it, I recorded a memorized piece, cut the empty end and normalized with audacity.
It's really my first take on the new recorder!

The piece is written by a young German composer, Michael Proksch, and the title is And Now Let's Handel (it uses sequence from a famous passacaglia by Handel).

I hope the link works:

https://app.box.com/s/7qmktno8isfoy8ty60cr

I usually study only classical pieces, this is a bit different.

#2198594 - 12/16/13 03:16 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: torquenale]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
I'm really shy regarding performing in public, but the ABF recitals are an inspiration for me.

You shouldn't be shy at all, you play very well. smile Bet you're gonna love that Zoom.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2198691 - 12/16/13 05:08 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: torquenale]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Torquenale,

Hey, that was really nice. You have nothing at all to be shy about. The zoom sounded good and so did you. Good job.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2198697 - 12/16/13 05:14 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: torquenale]
Palmpirate Offline

That was awesome! My new years resolution is to post something.It is quite a job getting a piece recorded yourself, and learning about that makes me procrastinate even more. I know what you mean about the sound of your acoustics piano. Even the best digitals don't really compare. I have an older yamaha disclavier system and the electronic are really user unfriendly. So far I've just used my iPad playing it acoustically , can't figure out all that midi stuff! Glad you figured out how to use that Zoom, sounds great.

#2198709 - 12/16/13 05:35 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

torquenale - that was really quite charming! And you had such great forward movement in it. Well played.

Cathy

#2198713 - 12/16/13 05:41 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

that was a great piece torquenale, very confidently played as well, loved it

#2198846 - 12/16/13 10:20 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Torquenale, that was wonderful! No disclaimers needed, and I'm not sure why you're shy. It didn't sound like a beginner performance. Congratulations on your first recording. I hope we'll hear more smile
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#2198878 - 12/16/13 11:35 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Congrats Torquenale! Well done on your first recording. Looking forward to hearing more from you. I'm hoping for the same Christmas present from my husband by the way laugh

#2199083 - 12/17/13 11:50 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
torquenale Offline

Loc: Italy
Thank you very much for the kind comments, all of you.

Sam Rose, I'm not a "real" beginner. I had piano lessons as an early teen, maybe 3-4 years, but I did not practice much (oh stupid stupid young me!).
Then I never touched a keyboard for about 25 years and 2 years ago I started again with my second son.

For the recording, I think I've been lucky... maybe because I was thinking: "Let's see if the recorder works" and not "Let's record something to share on piano forums"!

#2200057 - 12/19/13 08:49 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Daniel Richter Offline

Loc: Venezuela
Hi everybody.

Been playing piano for 13 years. I've record many times for myself, and I've work playing the piano in public for several years, but never publish on PW nor anywhere else on the WEB. I just didn't have a good digital piano before. But now that I bought a great DP (Kawai ES100) I will start recording some videos in the future.

I don't have things ready for recording videos yet, but I can post audio. A friend of mine (therightmoment) suggest me to post here my first recording. So here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?mypnt8fjijechfi

The song is well known. Is call "The Way We Were". My interpretation is based on Richard Clayderman interpretation. I learn this song by ear long time ago when I started playing piano. Been always one of my favorites.

I plan to record videos for YouTube soon. Maybe in a few weeks or months. If you want to hear more in the future, subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanielPian0

Enjoy

My project: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$

Owner of Kawai ES100

#2200101 - 12/19/13 10:39 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Nice interpretation, Daniel, and congratulations on your recording. Stick around the ABF - there's lots of opportunities to talk with your fellow pianists here. I learn a lot!

Cathy

#2200148 - 12/19/13 12:15 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Daniel Richter]
therightmoment Offline

Loc: WA, USA
Originally Posted By: Daniel Richter

I don't have things ready for recording videos yet, but I can post audio. A friend of mine (therightmoment) suggest me to post here my first recording. So here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?mypnt8fjijechfi

Thanks for the shoutout and for posting your first recording. I thought it was beautiful. It is great getting to know someone a bit and then hearing them play. Wow. Very nice. I would love to see how your hands move on the piano when playing this song too... you know one day :-) I will work on mine. Thank you that was very nice.

#2200155 - 12/19/13 12:29 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: torquenale]
therightmoment Offline

Originally Posted By: torquenale

For the recording, I think I've been lucky... maybe because I was thinking: "Let's see if the recorder works" and not "Let's record something to share on piano forums"!

Great idea! I will try that as I think about what to learn and record. You sounded great.

At ELLEC, I hope to hear your first recording since I see you began in January- it's almost a year so it would be good to see or document some progress. :-) Plus I guess I'm in the same boat too!

#2232223 - 02/15/14 06:43 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
therightmoment Offline

Hello, this is my first recording on the piano. I intended on participating in the quarterly recital but I missed the deadline. After a lot of figuring out how to record on the piano business and a lot of downloading..........here it is folks! I look forward to documenting my progress as I go along. Thank you~!

This is an improvised version of "Let your words be few" by Matt Redman from the Fake Worship Book.

https://app.box.com/s/na3prrw04519tof47eyx

#2232233 - 02/15/14 07:04 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Daniel Richter]
Palmpirate Offline

That was really lovely. I am in awe of people who can play 'by ear' since it takes me forever to 'learn' a piece. I am still figuring out how to do recordings - other than on the iPad! But will post here before long - it was a NY Resolution.
Also appreciated your post on Digital Piano comparisons - that was a lot of research!

#2233013 - 02/17/14 09:12 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Daniel Richter]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Daniel, what a beautiful interpretation of such a lovely song. Really well done, I loved it.

Bravo, muy bien!!!

#2233017 - 02/17/14 09:14 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: therightmoment]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Therightmoment, very nice piece very well played, I hadn't heard it before.

Hope to hear more from you in the piano bars and recitals around here!

I have the same problem trying to make my recordings louder without distorting or adding noise. Will let you know if I find out a way to get it right.

Edited by evamar (02/17/14 09:15 AM)

#2233251 - 02/17/14 03:27 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

As I said in another thread therightmoment, this is just beautiful, very nicely played

#2233335 - 02/17/14 06:01 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

therightmoment - congratulations on your recording, and well done! Hope to see you participating in lots of places in the ABF.

Cathy

#2249106 - 03/19/14 10:23 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: jotur]
ZeeZero Offline

Hey! I'm Zee, I have been playing since decemeber, and this is the first piece of music I have learned, titled 'Where is my mind' by Maxence Cyrin, original song by the Pixies.

The recording isn't great, I did what I could to get rid of the worst of the noise, but still some remains. I've been nervous to post it to be honest lol But I've done it now and can't take it back! ha hope you enjoy =]

https://app.box.com/s/p4bhmt8gti32s6ir1bsh

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Musescore playing my dp ?
by Pollux
09/19/14 10:58 AM
helpers wanted, interactive PC piano teaching game
by russellambrose
09/19/14 08:40 AM
4 vs 3, Practice slow or fast?
by Pover
09/19/14 07:24 AM
Cable Nelson Upright
by Paul678
09/19/14 07:12 AM
Studio monitors for a digital piano
by diegopefm
09/19/14 05:18 AM
Who's Online
130 registered (analarana, acollins, ajames, aesop, Abby Pianoman, 41 invisible), 1433 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76251 Members
42 Forums
157623 Topics
2315225 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission