Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#2071174 - 04/26/13 01:53 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
I look forward to hearing your future recordings EdwardianPiano. While I love to hear a traditional version done well, I love even more to hear someone improvising.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2071286 - 04/26/13 07:43 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: earlofmar]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Originally Posted By: earlofmar
I look forward to hearing your future recordings EdwardianPiano. While I love to hear a traditional version done well, I love even more to hear someone improvising.

Thank you that's very kind. I look forward to hearing more of your recordings also. I aim to upload Scarborough Fair to the next piano bar. The version I have of Scarborough Fair is from 8 notes I think it is. I can play it but when I was playing it last year I changed and added some notes. I don't know what the usual key for it is but this version is in D minor.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (04/26/13 07:43 AM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2071304 - 04/26/13 08:37 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I have two versions of this wonderful song, D Minor is the scale in both. So we can all look forward to Scarborough Fair soon.

#2071386 - 04/26/13 10:44 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: EdwardianPiano
It was nerve wracking for me but also rather cathartic- a hurdle I overcame and now it makes me more enthusiastic...I look forward to looking back on that first recording in the future and seeing some progression. Maybe now I can work on something better for the May piano bar.....

Yay!! That is the whole point of this thread... to encourage people to participate via sharing their recordings.

The way you talk about your playing (having seen your posts over many months) makes it sounds as though you barely make it through Mary Had a Little Lamb after agonizing weeks of practice! We now have tangible evidence that you can play better than you've been letting on. smile

I love old pianos like Cecil B... my theory is that the age of the wood creates a tone that is impossible to duplicate in a new piano. I have no idea what I'm talking about though, just a sense I have when I hear that tone.

Amaruk -- How old is your son? He looks a lot like me at that age, so watching him was interesting from that perspective. He is adorable and quite musical.

Dynamo -- Those trills sound awfully tricky, particularly in the left hand. Re: wanting to improve more, have you checked out Josh Wright on YouTube yet? He's excellent and might be a good source to augment your teacher's instruction. Unlike your teacher, Josh is available 24/7. smile

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2071505 - 04/26/13 12:39 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
dynamobt Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
You are right Edwardianpiano that this was kind of liberating!! I was by myself last night, except for our dog. I just kind of up and decided to do it without thinking too much. I'm still kind of in shock that I ended up with a file I could share. Though, I think I should change the link to my recording to the loaded "Play" page and not the folder that it is in. I really am just wandering through these technologies and figuring things out as I go. Anyway, without this thread, I'm not sure I would have jumped in at this point. I worry and overthink things too much sometimes. It was good to just do it and get it over with!!!

Everyone really well done not only on their playing but jumping in and taking part!! The playing was really the easiest part for me. It's these audio technologies that baffle me!!!

#2071509 - 04/26/13 12:45 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

I'm viewing this thread as a "gateway drug" to participating in the recitals. smile

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2071545 - 04/26/13 01:36 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: dynamobt]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Originally Posted By: dynamobt
Y Anyway, without this thread, I'm not sure I would have jumped in at this point. I worry and overthink things too much sometimes. It was good to just do it and get it over with!!!

Everyone really well done not only on their playing but jumping in and taking part!! The playing was really the easiest part for me. It's these audio technologies that baffle me!!!

Ecco Fatto! hehehehe
Since that is the whole point of the thread, I'm really happy to hear this.

#2071559 - 04/26/13 01:52 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: dynamobt]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Though, I think I should change the link to my recording to the loaded "Play" page and not the folder that it is in.

That would be helpful; otherwise it's hard to know which to click on once the listener gets to the folder.

Quote:
I really am just wandering through these technologies and figuring things out as I go.

Me too! Congratulations on figuring it out.

#2071585 - 04/26/13 02:24 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: PianoStudent88]
500 Post Club Member

I successfully edited my post to change the link to the file itself. Slowly by surely, I will get the hang of all of this. The truth is that even the unedited recording was much better sound quality than I had anticipated. Next time, if I could have my music ready and glasses on, I could eliminate much of that dead space prior to the music starting!! Audacity is not intuitive to me. Figuring out the H2n was easier.

Who would have thought that this is FUN!!! I'm so glad I found PW!!!

#2071624 - 04/26/13 03:15 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: earlofmar]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: earlofmar
I have two versions of this wonderful song, D Minor is the scale in both. So we can all look forward to Scarborough Fair soon.

The one I have is just one page- that's enough for my ability right now...not played two pages of anything yet!

But maybe I can repeat it and maybe find a you tube tutorial to expand on it.

Funnily enough I was learning the Paul Simon version on acoustic guitar 3 years ago. I never finished it as I got bad eczema on my hands and never went back to guitar as piano is my instrument really. But I will at some point go back to guitar. The adult education centres here have beginner's guitar classes.

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2071632 - 04/26/13 03:21 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: aTallGuyNH]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH
[quote=EdwardianPiano]It was nerve wracking for me but also rather cathartic- a hurdle I overcame and now it makes me more enthusiastic...I look forward to looking back on that first recording in the future and seeing some progression. Maybe now I can work on something better for the May piano bar.....

Yay!! That is the whole point of this thread... to encourage people to participate via sharing their recordings.

The way you talk about your playing (having seen your posts over many months) makes it sounds as though you barely make it through Mary Had a Little Lamb after agonizing weeks of practice! We now have tangible evidence that you can play better than you've been letting on. smile

I love old pianos like Cecil B... my theory is that the age of the wood creates a tone that is impossible to duplicate in a new piano. I have no idea what I'm talking about though, just a sense I have when I hear that tone.

Thank you ATallGuy! Believe me though I do have days when I fluff tunes as simple as Mary Had A Little Lamb!
I was talking to a work colleague today about my piano learning and this wonderful forum. ( She plays piano herself). I had previously told her of my struggles and my slowness and she had said that my progress was normal. I told her today that I think I might be doing better than I thought. My piano teacher has been telling me that, but I thought he was just being kind.

I think you are right about older pianos like my Cecil- they do have a deeper richer sound to my ears. I have CDS of music played on pianos from the c.1700s- mid 1800s and wow do they sound different.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (04/26/13 03:22 PM)

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2071636 - 04/26/13 03:25 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: dynamobt]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

You are right Edwardianpiano that this was kind of liberating!! I was by myself last night, except for our dog. I just kind of up and decided to do it without thinking too much. I'm still kind of in shock that I ended up with a file I could share. Though, I think I should change the link to my recording to the loaded "Play" page and not the folder that it is in. I really am just wandering through these technologies and figuring things out as I go. Anyway, without this thread, I'm not sure I would have jumped in at this point. I worry and overthink things too much sometimes. It was good to just do it and get it over with!!!

dynamobt I bet your dog is great company. smile I'm glad you shared your recording as it gave me confidence to share something myself. I'd never uploaded a music file to a site myself either but Box is fairly straightforward.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (04/26/13 03:25 PM)

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2071637 - 04/26/13 03:27 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: aTallGuyNH]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH
I'm viewing this thread as a "gateway drug" to participating in the recitals. smile

Me too. A question though- once we have linked a recording here is is just for the first recording only and then just one each til we go to the piano bar?

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2071728 - 04/26/13 05:48 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: EdwardianPiano

Me too. A question though- once we have linked a recording here is is just for the first recording only and then just one each til we go to the piano bar?

That is correct EdwardianPiano, Ecco Fatto Cafe is a one of chance for beginners to get over the hurdle of recording and putting themselves out there. From here it's to the piano bar and recitals we must perform. I am a little nervous about that.

#2072089 - 04/27/13 12:23 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Edwardian: Yes, just one. Ecco Fatto is to help you get your feet wet!

Earl: Don't be nervous.. they are encouraging in both the piano bar and the recital. smile

#2072902 - 04/28/13 03:49 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Well after an extremely frustrating 12 round bout with YouTube I was finally able to creat an account and log in and promptly uploaded the wrong file. Rather than tax myself again with technology it'll have to do. This piece is completely unpolished and only my second attempt at recording it sorry `bout that, but I want my ECCO FATTO right NOW! It is much better now...no really it is grin

My First

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2072913 - 04/28/13 04:03 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Ragdoll congrats on your first contribution and not giving up on setting a YouTube account! Btw, I like the angle of where you placed your cam...what cam set up do you use?

#2072921 - 04/28/13 04:18 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
stumbler Offline

Loc: Toronto
Ragdoll I enjoyed your recording.

#2072927 - 04/28/13 04:24 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: ElleC]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ragdoll congrats on your first contribution and not giving up on setting a YouTube account!

Thanks ElleC, man they want a LOT of info for an acct and still I had problems logging in since yesterday. I was expecting a request for a DNA sample any minute.

I use a ZOOM Q3HD and it's set on a regular (adjustable) photo tripod right behind my right shoulder.

#2072929 - 04/28/13 04:29 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: stumbler]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks stumbler, I'm mad at myself for uploading the wrong file though. It's much too slow, hesitations and several wrong notes. I have a much better video now. And it's still named ZOOM on the one I posted heh heh heh. At least it done now. AHhhhh!

#2072947 - 04/28/13 04:57 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Ragdoll]
500 Post Club Member

Well done Ragdoll!!! I just now went to YouTube thinking I could upload an MP3 file. Nope!!! Had to download "Movie Maker" and make some visual presentation to go along with the sound!! Boo hiss!!! I may find myself using BOX only. The easy part is playing the piano!! All these media technologies are what get me! Good for you figuring out YouTube!! And Congratulations on your first PW recordng presentation!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

#2072954 - 04/28/13 05:05 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ragdoll, I enjoyed your playing. Thanks for sharing it. I didn't notice any wrong notes or hesitations. Is that a Piano Adventures piece? It sounded familiar. I like PA music a lot.

#2072963 - 04/28/13 05:12 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ragdoll, despite you saying it wasn't polished it was still very enjoyable and the piece had a lovely haunting melody that was maintained nicely. Great job.

#2073009 - 04/28/13 06:18 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Thank you Ragdoll. That was music. Mistake? Yadda Yadda...it don't matter. What's important is you're not banging out parrot copy. You play music.

#2073013 - 04/28/13 06:25 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Earlofmar, I'm kind of late to the party here but just wanted to chime in and add my kudos to a job well done. Enjoyed it greatly. For only 5 months you have fantastic control.

#2073044 - 04/28/13 07:11 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Peyton]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Peyton
Earlofmar, I'm kind of late to the party here but just wanted to chime in and add my kudos to a job well done. Enjoyed it greatly. For only 5 months you have fantastic control.

Thank you Peyton, very kind. These have been a great five months, trying to unlock the secrets of music. I look forward to many more years of trip, fall get up and try again.

#2073045 - 04/28/13 07:15 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: wayne33yrs]
UK Paul UK Offline

Loc: Berkshire, England
Originally Posted By: wayne33yrs
I think this is a great idea, and am willing to share my FIRST EVER RECORDING! I don't mind if people ptsl, I was really happy to have achieved playing it lol. There you go, no-one need to be embarassed posting now lol wink

Well done mate :-)

#2073061 - 04/28/13 07:44 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

I liked your recording Ragdoll. I never heard this piece before- what's it called? Nice melody. I'm not on crossing over hands yet- well done!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2073075 - 04/28/13 08:03 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: dynamobt]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thank you dynamobt, Yep I have a box acct supposedly but am unable to log in there. Same for soundcloud. It's disgusting how they make it so hard to do sometimes. Like an endless Mobius strip returning to the login screen cursing

#2073079 - 04/28/13 08:06 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: PianoStudent88]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Is that a Piano Adventures piece?

It is... it's called Lunar Eclipse. I just got it last week for a lesson assignment. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
Today at 08:28 PM
RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS
by Steinway K
Today at 07:31 PM
Help with forum for Musette in D Major...
by ieatglitter14
Today at 05:27 PM
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
Today at 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
Today at 02:28 PM
Who's Online
119 registered (ajames, A Guy, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1375 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158403 Topics
2326205 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission