Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#2073080 - 04/28/13 08:08 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: earlofmar]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for the kind words earlofmar,

I was trying to think of a descriptive word for it. Haunting is perfect. Was a fun piece to learn.

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2073081 - 04/28/13 08:10 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: rnaple]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Ron,

I'm glad I came to the Ecco Fatto Café to play it grin

#2073084 - 04/28/13 08:14 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
I never heard this piece before- what's it called?

It's "Lunar Eclipse" from Fabers Piano Adventures (3A I think). Thanks for the kind words.

#2073092 - 04/28/13 08:21 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Ragdoll]
stumbler Offline

Loc: Toronto
Regarding box account, I don't know if this helps, but with box I always make the mistake of entering my display name as my box user name. Box doesn't like it, I need to use my email address as username.

If this doesn't work for you, try the "forgot password" link. Box will send an email to the email account you registered under which contains a link to a box password reset.

#2073093 - 04/28/13 08:24 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: stumbler]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
If this doesn't work for you, try the "forgot password" link. Box will send an email to the email account you registered under which contains a link to a box password reset.

ha ha ha that's how I got on the endless Mobius strip yesterday. But thanks anyway.

#2073099 - 04/28/13 08:27 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Ragdoll, I enjoyed your recording very much! Congratulations on getting over the "first recording" hump laugh

And to the OP, this thread is wonderful! I never realized how many people were feeling too intimidated to post recordings and just needed a little push...
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#2073102 - 04/28/13 08:31 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
stumbler Offline

Loc: Toronto
Regrets.

BTW I wonder how Sisyphus would fare regarding a box account.

#2073103 - 04/28/13 08:31 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Sam Rose]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ragdoll, I enjoyed your recording very much! Congratulations on getting over the "first recording" hump laugh

Why thank you Sam, great praise indeed from someone of your caliber. yippie

#2073381 - 04/29/13 09:40 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Ragdoll]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Ecco Fatto Cafe is off and running! Everyone is doing great!

EdwardianPiano - Really nice improv! The forward motion of the music really kept the interest.

dynamobt - Nice interpretation of Bach invention #4. Both voices were very melodic. I find this one difficult to make musical. Well done!

Amaruk - Your son is quite talented. You have a future star on your hands. He did a great job singing and playing.

Ragdoll - Great first recording! I enjoyed your playing and that is a very beautiful tune.

Edited by SwissMS (04/29/13 10:59 AM)

#2073427 - 04/29/13 11:18 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Lovely piece, Ragdoll. Congratulations on the cross-overs - I stil don't do those laugh Very nicely played.

Cathy

#2073459 - 04/29/13 12:34 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: SwissMS]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ragdoll - Great first recording! I enjoyed your playing and that is a very beautiful tune.

Thanks SwissMS,

I put another (same song) on my page because I inadvertently posted a "practice recording" that I wasn't too happy with. Wanted a better version up there blush Glad you enjoyed it.

#2073460 - 04/29/13 12:36 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: jotur]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Cathy, see my response to SwissMS. Thanks for your kind words.

#2073629 - 04/29/13 04:28 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Ragdoll, well done!! That's a pretty piece, and it flows nice and smooth. You do it justice! Congratulations!
(and I'm so glad you overcame the technology portion, as it can be a real pain.)

#2073679 - 04/29/13 05:59 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Originally Posted By: EdwardianPiano

blush What earlofmar and Wayne uploaded were really good- enjoyed listening to them. I am an absolute beginner- so this is not very good! I was practising Scarborough Fair as I was thinking of polishing that to record and upload, but this impro came out instead...

https://www.box.com/s/x2xo3v48ciopu8oxvqs8

Probably doesn't help that I'm feeling a bit squiffy today.

Pretty darned good for a newbie feeling squffy! I think it's a great way to learn, to be able to go a bit outside the box and improv on what you are learning.

Edited by Peyton (04/29/13 05:59 PM)

#2073772 - 04/29/13 08:43 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ragdoll, well done!! That's a pretty piece, and it flows nice and smooth. You do it justice! Congratulations!

Thanks AimeeO,
This is a good place for beginners to post their first.
Quote:
(and I'm so glad you overcame the technology portion, as it can be a real pain.)

To say nothing of the dreaded RedDot grin

#2074330 - 04/30/13 04:06 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Ragdoll]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Originally Posted By: Ragdoll
Quote:

It's "Lunar Eclipse" from Fabers Piano Adventures (3A I think). Thanks for the kind words.

Is it a piece written for the piano book? It's nice.

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2074333 - 04/30/13 04:09 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: stumbler]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: stumbler
Regrets.

BTW I wonder how Sisyphus would fare regarding a box account.

I must admit I am perplexed at the Sisyphus reference- checked out this is a Greek myth...but cannot make the links somehow...I am quite tired tonight...

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2074338 - 04/30/13 04:12 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
EdwardianPiano - Really nice improv! The forward motion of the music really kept the interest.

Thank you Swiss MS- I had another pop at it for about 4 mins, so knackered tonight feel like I need to sleep for a century.... Anyhow think a few variations were trying to come on and even a little trilling. Thursday is a no work day so can play piano all afternoon if I want hurrah!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2074344 - 04/30/13 04:16 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Peyton]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Peyton

blush What earlofmar and Wayne uploaded were really good- enjoyed listening to them. I am an absolute beginner- so this is not very good! I was practising Scarborough Fair as I was thinking of polishing that to record and upload, but this impro came out instead...

https://www.box.com/s/x2xo3v48ciopu8oxvqs8

Probably doesn't help that I'm feeling a bit squiffy today.

Pretty darned good for a newbie feeling squffy! I think it's a great way to learn, to be able to go a bit outside the box and improv on what you are learning.

Many thanks for your kind words Peyton! I had overdone it on the cajun beans I think. I played Cecil Piano to try to take my mind off my churning tummy. LOL.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2074389 - 04/30/13 05:08 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
PianoStudent88 Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Quote:

Is it a piece written for the piano book? It's nice.

Yes, it's by Nancy Faber. (One half of Nancy and Randall Faber, the team who created Piano Adventures.) She wrote a lot of the music in Piano Adventures.

#2074446 - 04/30/13 06:52 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Edwardian Piano --- you've been misleading us about your ability my dear! That was good fun and a pleasure to listen to. It was a poem of tones indeed!

Amaruk - your son is adorable and talented. I also see he was playing the music by memory and just reading the words! I'm blown away and wish him great success with his musical future.

Wayne33 - Most enjoyable! (loved the background sound effects too!)

Dynamobt--- I could listen to this type of music all day. Delightfully played!

Ragdoll - Great dreamy piece, you captured the magical quality of the eclipse - and loved those cross overs!

This thread is going great guns! I hope those of you who have summoned the courage to post here will now consider joining in the Piano Bar or the ABF recitals..one of which is going to open for submissions tomorrow!!!

smile

#2074478 - 04/30/13 07:47 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Dulcetta Offline

Loc: U.K.
What a wonderful start to this thread, enjoyed listening to all the recordings very much.
Ragdoll I look forward to the day I reach that level on PA, a lovely piece.

#2074479 - 04/30/13 07:56 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Yes, it's in the PA "lesson book 3A". I had hoped it would be in the performance book too, possibly an enhanced version but it isn't there.

#2074483 - 04/30/13 08:05 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
I must admit I am perplexed at the Sisyphus reference- checked out this is a Greek myth...but cannot make the links somehow...

Each time he rolled the boulder to the top it rolled back on him. Kinda like when we practice something wrong for a couple days, then discover we've wasted a couple days. Or polish something new and then freeze when trying to record it. grin

#2074484 - 04/30/13 08:09 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ragdoll - Great dreamy piece, you captured the magical quality of the eclipse - and loved those cross overs!

Thanks Cheryl, it's not very hard to learn. wink I still have to polish up the pedaling.

#2074486 - 04/30/13 08:10 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Dulcetta]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
What a wonderful start to this thread, enjoyed listening to all the recordings very much.
Ragdoll I look forward to the day I reach that level on PA, a lovely piece.

Hi Dulcetta,
I bet you'll get there before you expect to.

#2075151 - 05/01/13 05:00 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Edwardian Piano --- you've been misleading us about your ability my dear! That was good fun and a pleasure to listen to. It was a poem of tones indeed!

Well thank you casinitaly! I had a little noodle again with it earlier- and some more variations evolved. I might show it to my teacher in Friday's lesson.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (05/01/13 05:00 PM)

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2075333 - 05/01/13 11:08 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Ragdoll]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Quote:

Thanks AimeeO,
This is a good place for beginners to post their first.
Quote:

To say nothing of the dreaded RedDot grin

That Red Dot. The way I tense up for it, you'd think I was playing for the entire world!

I'm so proud of all of our submissions so far! We have quite the pool of talent!

I wonder who'll be next? smile

#2076945 - 05/04/13 12:49 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
I thought I would ask first. Partly to patronize the thread. Partly... I have a simple piece of music from Alfred's 1. I liked it. I also went on and changed it. My teacher wanted to hear it how I changed it. She liked what I did. So I thought maybe I would record it and upload it here. Which I'll have to figure out. My Cantabile software that Ivory runs on is a little flaky as far as doing recording. It's a cut down version of Cantabile. Also not sure my computer can do recording on audacity and run ivory at the same time. Geesh... I really don't want to buy a little recorder right now. Would be handy. Any suggestions?
The song I changed is at the top of page 51. Love Somebody. So many people have played it. Easily familiar. Would like to know what people think of my change. Yes it is a simple little piece. Nothing impressive.

#2076958 - 05/04/13 01:21 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
rnaple, there are several ways:
Obviously you are using a DP therefore does your DP not have a recording function? - for once you have a midi file there are other things you can do.

1.If you can't get a midi file of your piece you could download Pianissimo which is a 14 day trial of a much cheaper version of the Ivory product and record to that (I quite like the sound of this virtual piano)

http://www.acoustica.com/pianissimo/download.htm

2. If you can get a midi file of your piece then you could upload it to Truepianos which will within five minutes send it back to you played on their virtual piano (I think Truepianos sounds is better than Pianissimo but it's subjective)

3. Option 3 is to load another piano plug in to Cantabile - I have 4Front Piano plug in which is acceptable but not as good as aforementioned.

http://www.4front-tech.com/proaudio-download.html

4. There is quite a detailed explanation of virtual instruments you may find helpful.

http://www.pianoclues.com/2008/03/15/how-to-use-virtual-instruments-with-your-digital-piano/

Good luck and look forward to hearing your piece.

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (Alex Hernandez, A Guy, 36251, 49 invisible), 1726 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74248 Members
42 Forums
153586 Topics
2250904 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Etude in G
by Polyphonist
47 minutes 12 seconds ago
A Piano Song With Notes In It
by Ritzycat
53 minutes 56 seconds ago
Playing the piano again
by Mr.Wolf
58 minutes 6 seconds ago
27/16 time signature!
by Polyphonist
59 minutes 14 seconds ago
Three great pianists/teachers celebrate the same birthday!
by music32
Today at 03:41 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission