Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#2117350 - 07/14/13 02:57 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
A little late but.. smile
That was neat, Mark! I too liked the voice you chose. That's what's fun about digitals - you get to play with all the sounds. It sounded great and hope to hear more for you soon!

Edited by AimeeO (07/14/13 02:58 AM)

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2117921 - 07/15/13 07:59 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
UKIkarus Online   content

Loc: England, South East
Posting for reference...

Will pop back on here tonight when I get home and have a listen/comment smile

#2119216 - 07/17/13 06:02 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Anne H Offline

First recording from me! I tried to record a more complicated tango, but ended up going back to this simple George Winston piece to make things a bit faster. I'll try the tango again later this week.

Apologies for the hesitation about 75% of the way through....I thought I was stepping on the sustain pedal and it turned out to be the dog's tail instead.

Troubadour by George Winston
Bach Inventions
Einaudi - Berlin Song, Reverie

#2119262 - 07/17/13 07:52 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AZ_Astro Offline

Loc: Tempe, Arizona
I just caught this thread for the first time and I listened to the first recording, and the last!

Wow. Great job!

Anne H. I really liked the Troubadour piece and I thought you played it beautifully with nice pace and touch. I think I would like to learn this song. Did you learn it from the score??? By ear? I also loved the sound of your piano. What kind of piano do you have? Thanks.

Edited by AZ_Astro (07/17/13 09:31 PM)

#2119292 - 07/17/13 08:57 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Anne H]
Palmpirate Offline

Loc: B.C.Canada
Great stuff! Well done. Howls of delight - not from the dog but - from those of use who support you !

#2119300 - 07/17/13 09:15 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AZ_Astro Offline

Anne H from above has inspired me to post my first recording... Here goes!

I have been playing for just over a year and a half and am making some headway but it's a struggle! I recently signed up for the Grieg recital and I am learning a Grieg piece to play and post to that thread.

But - since there are a few technical issues involved, I thought I would go ahead and record something and post it here, basically so that I can get all the technology hurdles out of the way.

For your listening pleasure, I recorded an arrangement of the theme to the movie Castaway. The arrangement is my own but follows the score of an instrumental version of the song and I also used bits and pieces of fingerwork that I picked up from other versions of Castaway on YouTube.

The recording was done on my Korg keyboard using the American D sampled piano in the Ivory II product by Synthogy.

Links to the .wav audio file and the .mid midi file:

Castaway Audio file:
https://app.box.com/s/dgphi8v5feimraj9itf7

Castaway Midi file available as download only for your use in Synthesia or other midi file program:
https://app.box.com/s/9tw81vhnm9l1btr9m0bm

Thanks for listening.

Edited by AZ_Astro (07/18/13 11:55 AM)

#2119356 - 07/17/13 11:19 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AZ_Astro]
Anne H Offline

Thanks AZ_Astro! It's sheet music (my ear is awful!) and doesn't look like it's available US side. I have a copy from a friend that looks like it may be Japanese. If you want to private message me, I can pass it on to you! It's a nice easy one page piece, but it's great for reading lots of flats and makes a nice warmup even when you're experienced. If you're a year and a half in, it will be right in your wheelhouse.

Thanks for the lovely compliments about my piano. It's fairly new to me, although it's a 1963 Steinway console. It was very well cared for by it's first owner. I've only had it a few months, but I'm pretty in love with it. I know there are lots of mixed feelings about those pianos, but I've deeply enjoyed mine so far.

Edited to add: Your Castaway piece is very nice! You've made lots of progress for a year and a half - you've clearly got lots of natural talent.

Edited by Anne H (07/17/13 11:22 PM)
Bach Inventions

#2119396 - 07/18/13 01:10 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Anne H - your piece (and I am sorry I seemed to have missed it first time around) is so hauntingly lovely. Your previous experience shines through and I wish you all the best for regaining the level prior to your illness. In the meantime I look forward to hearing you progress at a dizzying speed.....not putting any pressure on lol

Edited by earlofmar (07/18/13 02:23 AM)

#2119405 - 07/18/13 01:34 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Anne H - I liked the sound of that, but I expected a dog barking about 75% of the way thru laugh You did a really nice job on this piece, very lyrical.

Cathy

#2119413 - 07/18/13 01:39 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

AZ Astro -

That's a very stately piece and you had just the right feel for it. What a great idea to test out the recording practice before you record the Grieg piece - that should take some pressure off when the other recital gets recorded.

Cathy

#2119425 - 07/18/13 01:48 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Anne H Offline

Thank you, EarlofMar! I always thought George Winston was kind of awful when I was younger, but I've really grown to appreciate his approach to arranging. I love some of the nearly mournful harmonies that he uses. Thanks for the encouragement - I admit that I get pretty frustrated at times with how slow things seem to come back, so it's nice to hear the encouraging words of total strangers! :-)

Jotur- Luckily my poor dog is a whiner and not a barker, which meant I got to take it out in editing! I did apologize profusely to him after I was done. He's a music fan, I guess, since he likes to sit under the piano and listen to me play.
Bach Inventions

#2119449 - 07/18/13 03:22 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
AZ Astro, lovely arrangement, great evocative playing and a lovely sound from the Ivory II well done

#2119528 - 07/18/13 09:21 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Palmpirate Offline

AZ Astro, that was lovely! I am sure your Grieg will be wonderful too.
Midi link didn't work for me for some reason.

#2119594 - 07/18/13 11:54 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AZ_Astro Offline

Hmmm. It just worked for me. Did you click on Download?

The link won't do a preview if that's what you were waiting for.

Then - after downloading and if you've used a midi file before, you need to load it into something like Synthesia to play it. Hope that helps.

FYI and best wishes.

Edited by AZ_Astro (07/18/13 12:04 PM)

#2121057 - 07/21/13 02:50 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Anne, first, all animal-related delays are perfectly understandable. I know he forgives you- he just wanted to be part of it too!

I'm not familiar with the piece or the composer, but I really enjoyed it! I like the sadness of it too, and now I am going to have to hunt some Winston down. You do a fine job of letting the emotion of the piece shine. Welcome, and congrats on your first post!

AZAstro, welcome and congrats to you as well! I am quite jealous of your arrangement skills. I love how solitary and introspective the piece is. Thanks!

I look forward to hearing you both in the Grieg recital! Don't worry - I'll be first, which will make everyone feel more confident about their own grin

#2121059 - 07/21/13 02:53 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Oh, just out of curiosity, how many of you that did your first post here are going to take part in the quarterly recital? I hope you feel like you can do it!

#2121091 - 07/21/13 03:44 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
yester Offline

Originally Posted By: AimmeO
Oh, just out of curiosity, how many of you that did your first post here are going to take part in the quarterly recital? I hope you feel like you can do it!

This thread gave me the confidence to post a second piece in the june bar and after that I signed up for the grieg recital. And yes, I think I will also join the quarterly recital.

My daily exercise time has increased because there is so much work left for the pieces I want to record... the only thing I regret is, that my time to read other posts and listen to other recordings has shrinked.

I'm sure all this would not have happened without the Ecco Fatto Cafe!

#2121412 - 07/22/13 08:20 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
UKIkarus Online   content

Loc: England, South East
Had a listen to a few of the others posted by you lovely folks, keep up the good work smile

I really should post something here some day, I just lack the confidence.... (probably didn't help that the one time I thought I was alone 'Borrowing' a small piano in a church hall I turned around to about 30-40 people with big smiles, should have seen me tremble! :D)

#2121503 - 07/22/13 12:45 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: UKIkarus]
yester Offline

Originally Posted By: UKIkarus

I really should post something here some day, I just lack the confidence....

UKIkarus, believe me, you don't need confidence for this particular thread. It's vice versa, you will get enough confidence for other recitals after posting your recording here. Come on, give it a try!

#2122572 - 07/24/13 11:32 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Mr. Square Offline

Loc: Kalifornia
Okay I said I would so here it is. Please forgive all the hesitations and the VERY simple nature of the tune. I have read many laments that there are not enough REAL beginner videos in this tread. I'm doing my part to rectify that. Less than 4 months behind the keys and... well my apologies to the Steinway Corporation and my instructor.

Recorded straight to Ipad and it sounds like it...

http://youtu.be/RF0W9kA2oMs

Ecco fatto!

Edited by Mr. Square (07/24/13 11:36 PM)

Open Arms
Primavera -Ludovico Einaudi

Adult beginner since April Fool's Day 2013. Seems quite apropos at times...

#2122579 - 07/24/13 11:55 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Great song choice, Mr. Square! And you can just claim expressiveness - heaven forbid there were any hesitations laugh And seriously, you played with great care, and that's a good thing - if there were nerves they didn't get in the way. Great first recording, and really good listening, too. Congratulations - and hope there's many more.

Cathy

#2122595 - 07/25/13 12:43 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Anne H Offline

I love your rendition of Yesterday, Mr. Square! You're doing very well for four months.

I am thinking about taking on the quarterly recital as well, despite not having anything truly "ready". I spent two hours trying to record my Grieg today without luck, but hopefully will get a clean take tomorrow. After that I would have time to work something simple up for the recital, I think. I just have no idea what!
Bach Inventions

#2122639 - 07/25/13 02:34 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Mr. Square]
Palmpirate Offline

Bravo Mr Square! The ipad does a great job. I shall have to try myself since i'm technically,and keyboard, challenged - but ipads are easier!

#2122646 - 07/25/13 03:06 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Congrats MrSquare....encore...encore.... ! smile
Your playing is good for four months. Can't criticize.
You might think about setting your stool higher. Get your elbows a little higher. ???
I would try to set up a sound deadener against that wall. Think about thick drapes for the patio door. The bouncing echo's aren't swift.
I like your: "Secretly working on Fur Elise" ..... cute ....

#2122653 - 07/25/13 03:45 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Mr. Square]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Good stuff Mr Square! In another 4 months you`ll be surprised how far you`ll have come. What you`ve got here is methodical and rudimentary. That`ll give way to dexterity and fluency! Have fun!

""

#2122714 - 07/25/13 09:36 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Mr. Square Offline

Loc: Kalifornia
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. I started working that song about a week and a half ago. My instructor went to Europe for a few weeks and in his absence I got bored... So I added this one to the mix.

Thank you all, again.

Open Arms
Primavera -Ludovico Einaudi

Adult beginner since April Fool's Day 2013. Seems quite apropos at times...

#2122721 - 07/25/13 10:14 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Mr. Square]
HalfStep Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Originally Posted By: Mr. Square
Okay I said I would so here it is. Please forgive all the hesitations and the VERY simple nature of the tune. I have read many laments that there are not enough REAL beginner videos in this tread. I'm doing my part to rectify that. Less than 4 months behind the keys and... well my apologies to the Steinway Corporation and my instructor.

Recorded straight to Ipad and it sounds like it...

http://youtu.be/RF0W9kA2oMs

Ecco fatto!

I have been following this thread and everyone is doing so well! Admittedly, I'm a huge Beatles fan and you'll be brilliant if you're less than four months at the keys! Wow.

#2123135 - 07/26/13 02:57 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Yester, 2 piano bar submissions, Grieg, and the recital?? That's awesome!

Mr Square, that is incredible for 4 months. Excuse me, a week and a half on that particular piece!

No need for apologies there, sir!

Your hesitations were in the right places, too. I agree with everyone else. Artistic pauses!

#2123800 - 07/27/13 01:09 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
diodor Offline

Here's my first more serious piece, after a couple of years of not too disciplined or hard working self taught practice : https://soundcloud.com/pocket_eggs/chopin-e-minor-prelude , criticism appreciated.

Edited by diodor (07/27/13 01:12 PM)

#2123816 - 07/27/13 01:57 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Very nice, diodor - a nice listening break from own practicing smile Hope to hear more from you on our other venues.

Cathy

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
98 registered (36251, Allard, aesop, Al LaPorte, Abby Pianoman, 30 invisible), 983 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75969 Members
42 Forums
157106 Topics
2307300 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does it get easier?
by Pover
10 minutes 16 seconds ago
Correct fingering
by johan d
29 minutes 55 seconds ago
An update on Ethan Hawke's docu about Seymour Bernstein
by music32
Today at 04:36 AM
Tuning the 7th octave
by AaronM
Today at 01:29 AM
Some Swan Lake
by harpon
Today at 12:53 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission