Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#2069746 - 04/24/13 03:56 AM Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here!
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
For those of you who have always wanted to post a recording, but were nervous about jumping in: this thread is dedicated to you!

It takes guts to post your first recording. There are plenty of places to do so: You can post it in the monthly Piano Bar, or participate in a themed recital, or take part in the Quarterly ABF Recital. We would love to have you participate, no matter what your level is. You can even start your own thread and title it “Listen to me!” Go for it!

Not all of us have that rock star confidence, though. With all of the continuously progressing players around here, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. And if that doesn’t bother you (and I hope it doesn’t), it’s awfully hard not to be nervous. It’s the Internet, and a lot of people might hear you!

It took me a while to participate, myself... I get anxious if I even think that the neighbors hear me! I am notorious for hesitating and losing my place in my pieces, and polishing my pieces are not my strong suit. So I never even thought I should bother. But one day I was peer-pressured (ha!) into a themed recital and nervously posted a recording. But I'll tell you what - the kind words and encouragement I received from forum members after posting that piece put me at ease. These people are amazing! It also helped me focus more on my weaknesses, and want to give better performances, instead of blowing through pieces. I can’t tell you how helpful it is, and I wish I’d done it sooner.

So I would like to encourage you not to wait as long as I did!
It can be your first piece from Alfred’s, Ode to Joy. It can be that first piece that feels like “real music” to you. A Lady Gaga piece you learned from a YouTube Tutorial. Or you’ve just come back from a 30 year hiatus from playing and want to dust off Clair de Lune. The C scale. Or, if you’ve just learned where middle C is and want to show us. That’s an accomplishment! We want to hear it!

There are no deadlines, and only one requirement.. that your recording is your first musical offering to PW. Please tell us about yourself, too!

Already posted something on PW? Feel free to lend your support to the newcomers – we’ve all been there.

Come play with us!

FAQs:
How do I record myself?
Recording your piano
Recording using Zoom

How do I share my recording?
Use Box as an audio link to your recording
Create a Youtube Video

How can I create a video using an audio recording?
Creating a Youtube video with an audio recording

What does ecco fatto mean?
It's Italian for "There! It's done!" You will think this with relief after you get your recording finished. Hop to it!

Edited by AimeeO (04/24/13 03:58 AM)

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2069791 - 04/24/13 07:04 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Yeah, I get to be first:

https://www.box.com/s/v5l0k7ps4lu9atw3ahng

Up until recently I was a mad ultra running nut. I lived for the sport, trained nearly every day and had just competed in my first 100 kilometre & 100 mile events both in 2012.

Unfortunately age has caught up with me and I have stopped running completely, but now I have poured all that normal energy into learning piano. I have been playing for five months and love the instrument and all it's complexities.

I am currently taking lessons and playing from a wide range of music including the Alfred's all in one course from which this song comes.

Edited by earlofmar (04/24/13 07:06 AM)

#2069796 - 04/24/13 07:31 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: earlofmar]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: earlofmar
Yeah, I get to be first:

https://www.box.com/s/v5l0k7ps4lu9atw3ahng

I am currently taking lessons and playing from a wide range of music including the Alfred's all in one course from which this song comes.

This is great earlofmar - nice steady tempo, and the trills or ornaments or whatever they are called are clear and lively. Congratulations on posting your first recording!

I too, am feeling my age - I'm going on a 100 mile hike in June - but I plan to take a whole week and it's definitely not a race!

Sam

#2069800 - 04/24/13 08:01 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Earlofmar - congrats on being the first! I really enjoyed listening to this piece and I think you're making wonderful progress after six months! You must practice often and efficiently!

I particularly liked the ornatmentation, and you really sound "in control" all the way through, no rushing or fumbling about ----I could picture a raven haired couple, he in black and white, she in stunning red, dancing about and clicking their heels. She of course had a fan.

Most enjoyable!

AimeeO --- what a super thread -great intro and background information - wonderfully encouraging - I'm sure this thread is going to be very active!

#2069802 - 04/24/13 08:04 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: earlofmar]
tlh1 Offline

Loc: Florida
Great job earlofmar! And this after only 5 months--amazing. I've been learning this song very recently and my main problem was the timing of the trills (probably the wrong word but I hope you know what I mean). Mine are often too fast and I also wonder whether yours have the right length. In any case, it sounds very good and fluent. I'm curious to see what pieces you'll be playing by the end of the year. Best wishes, Oliver

#2069822 - 04/24/13 08:51 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Nice playing, earlofmar!
In Portugal "Fandango" is a traditional music and is danced in a very special way:

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#2069836 - 04/24/13 09:18 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Earlofmar, that's very nice. The song consists of several simple elements, but then has those ornaments that can be pretty tricky when just starting out. Thanks for sharing!

(This would totally fit in the upcoming recital, by the way.)

#2069857 - 04/24/13 10:00 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
keystring Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Very nicely done, earlofmar.

#2069863 - 04/24/13 10:06 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: keystring]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Excellent job Earlomar! You showed great expression and steady rhythm throughout. That is quite a lively tune. Great progress in just a few months!

#2069875 - 04/24/13 10:21 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Kristina1 Offline

Loc: UK
I do have a recording of my very own version of "Greensleeves".
I sometimes record my playing "to check up" whether I still would like my version of a piece if I would "only listen to it", but I have never filmed myself because that does not seem important to me in the context of my learning how to play the piano.

Would that do or is it important to have it filmed as well?

Thanks from Kristina.

#2069876 - 04/24/13 10:23 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: Kristina1]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Kristina1
I do have a recording of my very own version of "Greensleeves".
I sometimes record my playing "to check up" whether I still would like my version of a piece if I would "only listen to it", but I have never filmed myself because that does not seem important to me in the context of my learning how to play the piano.

Would that do or is it important to have it filmed as well?

Thanks from Kristina.

Just audio is FINE smile !

#2069881 - 04/24/13 10:33 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
Congratulations, earlofmar, on the being the first to post in the new thread and making your first post on the forum.

For five months you're not short of confidence. This is a very enthusiastic performance and you've captured both the spirit and the rhythm very well.

Well played!

#2069894 - 04/24/13 10:47 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Congrats earlofmar! Nice work on the fandango and nice that you've been able to focus your energy in another kind of activity. Piano is wonderful, isn't it?

#2069903 - 04/24/13 10:58 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Well, that made me smile, which is hard to do this early in the morning. As others have said, nice trills - but what I really think is cool that is that you kept going - the music comes first! It was really quite lively and spirited - just right, very clear and musical. Excellent.

Kristina - I never submit videos - audio only. So it's perfectly acceptable to me.

Cathy

#2069904 - 04/24/13 10:59 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Oh, and Aimee - great post, and great title for this place! I'm getting fat already laugh

Cathy

#2069907 - 04/24/13 11:00 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I'm not going to post any recording cause I've already "popped my cherry" at the April's Piano bar . But, as a newbie pianist and forum member, I'd like to take this oppotunity to formally introduce myself.

My name is Michelle (or Elle). Started piano in January cause I was jealous of my 7 year old niece laugh My parents never really pushed me to take up any kind of instruments as a child but I've always had the desire to learn as I was growing up but never the time and money to take lessons (or buy a piano for that matter). I'm at a point in my life now where finances are stable and I have the time to commit to learning this art, I figured it would be the best time to learn. I was never the one to think that it's too late to learn anything so here I am...obsessed with piano. I'm not in to running like earlofmar, but I am passionate about snowboarding and cooking.

#2069938 - 04/24/13 11:47 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
I'm glad to see this thread get off the ground! Could someone make it into a sticky, perhaps?

Earlofmar: pretty polished performance of the Fandango! I'd heard it before, but there is something about the conviction with which you play that makes this into something more than just a person going through a piece from a method book. You've managed to make the music 'speak'.

And yes, I know that's very vague and mushy and everything, but this is me: I think and speak primarily in terms of the feelings it evokes in me, when it comes to music. That's the most important bar to clear for me: even if it's not technically perfect, does the music tell a story? And you've cleared the bar admirably. Way to go!

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19, 25
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2069955 - 04/24/13 12:24 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
dynamobt Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
ooooh, all my recording equipment came this morning by FedEx!!! Time to get cracking!!! Thank you so much for the links in the initial post to this thread! Just the step by step instructions I need! It will take me a bit of time to get things figured out. But, thank you for this thread as first foray into recording on PW!!!

#2069997 - 04/24/13 02:20 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: earlofmar]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
earlofmar

Sorry to hear you can`t run so well now. I`m having the same trouble and looking . . ,.ever looking for a solution!

Your debut was confident and well played. Onwards and upwards!! Nice piano too.

""

#2070011 - 04/24/13 02:45 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bulgaria
Excellent first recording! Mine was nothing like that, it was messy!

Recitals:

#2070036 - 04/24/13 03:39 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
dynamobt Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
earlofmar, just got to have listen. Great job. Very snappy and very musical. Could envision Fanango dancers going wild. A very respectable first attempt at recording. Heck, you sound like a pro!!!

#2070077 - 04/24/13 04:41 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Earlofmar,

That was a great performance, particularly for someone playing just 5 months. Congrats, you are off to a great start.

To other potential 1st time submitters: I fear you may be put off a bit by how good earlofmar did on his first submission.... DON'T BE! Trust me on this, most first submissions are far, far, less polished. The whole idea is to just get over the hurdle and put something up, so don't let yourself hestitate waiting for that "perfect" performance.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2070107 - 04/24/13 05:20 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
I think this is a great idea, and am willing to share my FIRST EVER RECORDING! I don't mind if people ptsl, I was really happy to have achieved playing it lol. There you go, no-one need to be embarassed posting now lol wink

#2070111 - 04/24/13 05:27 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
This will show the very beginners just how far somebody can come along in less than two years Wayne, as you have done, what with the Glass and Satie and mendelssohn.

well done indeed.

Dipsey saw you topless and said "have you been to the gym?"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#2070121 - 04/24/13 05:41 PM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Earlofmar, that is wonderful! Great job keeping the tempo up! It's very musical as well, which can be hard when you're starting out. I could dance to that smile I'm glad it's proven to be such a good outlet to replace some of your running.

Kristina, welcome! I for one would love to hear your rendition of Greensleeves. You don't have to do video - you can post it through Box, or you can take the sound file and put a picture on it and make it a video (I usually use pictures of my garden).

Nice to meet you, Elle!

Dynamobt, I can't wait to hear your first submission!

And thanks so much to everyone else for popping in! Nice topless shot, Wayne wink

#2070378 - 04/25/13 01:08 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Earlofmar, that was wonderful!! You're gonna be fun to watch as you get better and better.

To the OP, should I post my first piano recording? I can dig it up somewhere. It's most certainly private wherever I have it posted because it is certainly awful. That might help inspire some people to come out of the woodwork. smile
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#2070392 - 04/25/13 01:22 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Hm. I *think* the idea here is to get people to post their first PW recording in real time - those that are leery of posting a recording at all. Those who have posted other recordings are past that leeriness. I don't really think - I could be wrong - that it's meant for me to post my first recording, which was a Joplin rag in a study thread.

This thread came from a discussion about how to encourage people who have never posted a recording to post one, so they get the experience of the kind of feedback we have here, and might then go on to play in a recital, or the piano bar, or whatever, rather than being intimidated by the more experienced postes.

But hey, I could be wrong -

Cathy

#2070398 - 04/25/13 01:39 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
I believe Cathy is right. This thread as it was originally envisioned is for those who have never shared anything on PW, before.

There was another idea doing the rounds, though: that of a 'baby pictures' thread, where the more experienced and accomplished members could show us where they started. That, IMO, could also help mitigate the reticence some people feel about posting recordings of themselves here. But I do believe we shouldn't confuse the two.

So, who's going to start the baby pictures thread? wink

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19, 25
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2070418 - 04/25/13 03:42 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: casinitaly]
Kristina1 Offline

Loc: UK
Well done, Wayne, I admire your courage to make your first public appearance on the Internet;
I haven't got that far yet and I wish you all best for future examples of your playing, thank you,

and thank you, Earlofmar on your wonderful timing and rhythm:
you obviously have found the secret of how to learn the piano most efficiently
and the way you play sounds very inspiring!

Thank you for your kind encouragement, casinitaly, it is very much appreciated.

I have been thinking what AimeeO said, that it takes courage to participate...

It also takes complete trust in the Internet and unfortunately I am not quite sure
if I am already “hardened enough” to display my playing.
I think I need a little bit more time to consider...

Thanks from Kristina.

Edited by Kristina1 (04/25/13 04:03 AM)

#2070441 - 04/25/13 05:16 AM Re: Ecco Fatto Café – post your first recordings here! [Re: AimeeO]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Thanks folks for all the very kind comments, I am quite touched by them.

Up until now only my wife and piano teacher have heard me play so finding this forum has given me the opportunity to show what I have been up to.

I look forward to hearing other submissions, so just be brave everyone and get it out there.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (accordeur, 36251, Alkanaut, AndreiN, A Guy, 48 invisible), 1802 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75566 Members
42 Forums
156230 Topics
2294504 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Intro to Elton John's 'Nikita'
by Visalia
8 minutes 55 seconds ago
Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services?
by Giancarlo Robles
Today at 03:59 PM
Need suggestions for Music Room
by Gatsbee13
Today at 03:39 PM
Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions
by Dwscamel
Today at 12:52 PM
What do you think made you passionate about music/piano?
by Spuds
Today at 11:45 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission