Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2069801 - 04/24/13 08:03 AM Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"]
mjkpiano Offline

Loc: Turin [Italy]
Hi.
There is a theme ["Senza nuvole"] I composed for a short movie in 2009: "Desiderio, histoire d'un bagnard".

If there are music producers... I'm looking for opportunities to give prominence to my compositions... thanks smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0259EZKaYc

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#2069814 - 04/24/13 08:42 AM Re: Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: mjkpiano]
mjkpiano Offline

I wait for opinions, impressions, musical moods etc. Thanks

#2069892 - 04/24/13 10:44 AM Re: Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: mjkpiano]
LoPresti Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Welcome to the Composers’ Forum. It is not clear to me if you are Gian Marchisio, or someone with the initials MJK (maybe Marchisio, John K.), or something else. Senza nuvole certainly merits us knowing who composed it.

You are obviously heavily influenced by the master, Ennio Morricone. I liked the theme and variations format, and I loved the fact that you take your time to be “careful” with each note in the playing of the piece, giving everything its due. There is a sweep to the dynamics that is lost in most "modern" works. Equally, I recognize the constraints of attempting to write to fit a particular movie scene, or an expanse of time. But from a purely musical point of view, a flow of melodic variations that lasts this long, and that are that similar, need some contrast in the middle -- a few dark clouds, as it were, or perhaps a wind -- so when the crystal clear sky again returns, it is even more striking.

Everyone is looking for funding, by the way. If you find any, let us know.
Ed

#2069899 - 04/24/13 10:56 AM Re: Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: mjkpiano]
mjkpiano Offline

Gian Marchisio is abbreviation for Giancarlo Marchisio, my real name.
I'm looking for music producers because in Italy it's impossible to emerge. Can you help me ? In USA could be easier to find visibility ? Do you know producers that could be interested ?

#2069957 - 04/24/13 12:27 PM Re: Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: mjkpiano]
rada Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: pagosa springs,co
That is the million dollar question...." Do you know producers that could be interested?" Nowadays there are plenty of independent artists trying to find their own way and in the process there are other artists who have developed websites[ businesses] to be the go between for the artist and their music. So it seems it's a matter of looking around and trying to find the right fit for your music. I guess you can say having the internet at your fingertips helps save on the cost of traveling. I don't have any personal friends that are producers but that's not to assume that is the answer anyhow. Good luck!

rada

#2070103 - 04/24/13 05:14 PM Re: Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: mjkpiano]
mjkpiano Offline

Thanks for all the opinions and observations smile Here in Italy the general cultural background is becoming very confused and the economic crisi is very hard. For young people under 35 the future is quite dark and there are no investments in culture frown Many young artists are trying to leave Italy because our nation and our governemnts don't guarantee a decent life. For these reasons I'm trying to spread my compositions in USA or Australia, because Italy doesn't appreciate nothing. Can you help me ? Are there music producers that could help me ? Thanks

#2070381 - 04/25/13 01:11 AM Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: mjkpiano]
LoPresti Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Salve ancora, Giancarlo,

Bisogna una traduzione?

You have shown us a nice little composition, very well played. You have asked if any music producers are interested in the work (your work). You asked for opinions on your Senza nuovle, and also about producers. Receiving a somewhat technical opinion, you told us how tight the climate is in Italy, and asked for help finding a producer. You received some good advice about how many composers go about trying to find exposure and funding. You again asked if any music producers might be interested in your work(s).

I am not a music producer, nor do I personally know any. Most of us on the Piano World Forum are musicians. I can tell you that there is fierce competition among EXPERIENCED, PRACTICING composers for the comparatively few commissions and projects, including cinema scores. Especially with our federal and state governments drastically cutting funding support to organizations like National Endowment for the Arts, and the New York State Council on the Arts, it is more difficult that ever to earn a living through composing (or arranging, or conducting, or soloing.)

My educated guess is this: For a novice composer, it will not be any easier to find someone who wants to support and market your music; not easier here in the USA, nor in Sydney, than it is in Milano. Last I knew, the Italians still valued good art. Perhaps I am reading your intentions incorrectly -- What is it you want a producer to do for you?

Ed

#2070443 - 04/25/13 05:23 AM Re: Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: LoPresti]
mjkpiano Offline

Here in Italy the whole system is heavily influenced by political power. A clear example is Giovanni Allevi, a pianist-composer that can be supported by a very high political "sponsor" (he played at Senato, where only few musicians have played). His music is very overrated in my opinion, but his political "friends" are too strong in the public opinion. In this contest Italy has lost the capability of valuing his talents and the music producers in Italy are more and more "slaves" to the "Italian system". I think that in USA or Australia or Canada the musical world is more free and indipendent from political power.

#2070579 - 04/25/13 11:18 AM Re: Theme from a short movie [Gian Marchisio - "Senza nuvole"] [Re: mjkpiano]
rada Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: pagosa springs,co
I can think of many artists who might fall into the overrated category but it doesn't really matter is they have found a way to earn an income from their craft.
I am sure there are plenty of situations where the music writer/producer of music in this country had a strong connection to help get started. I think that having connections is a universal theme. Why not try Spotify or other companies emulating their ideas?

rada

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
George R Walter upright
by landorrano
09/19/14 05:19 PM
Does anybody know about Hayes London?
by Sam4
09/19/14 05:16 PM
Mason & Hamlin Opinions
by Hunt
09/19/14 03:23 PM
contacting with someone of VI Labs
by imyself
09/19/14 03:02 PM
My Initial Thoughts on Left/Right Hand Independence
by Visalia
09/19/14 01:23 PM
Who's Online
121 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, 36251, aesop, Alan F, 38 invisible), 1490 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76251 Members
42 Forums
157632 Topics
2315310 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission