Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2070592 - 04/25/13 11:36 AM Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan
Tsukino Offline

I called around 30 of the music stores listed on Casio's list of stores from their website all accross Taiwan, and there were only two PX-350s left for sale in all of Taiwan. Both of them were white. I normally hate white as a color for gear because it gets dirty faster if you know what I mean.

I was very upset about this. I really wanted a black one. The last black one sold out twenty minutes before I was able to get to the store (I had called the previous day and got to the store just 40 minutes after it opened) and I became very depressed as a result. I was told by many stores that the model is so popular that even in Japan there is a shortage and it would take more than 2 months to get a black one. I heard the same story from more than 20 stores I called all over Taiwan listed on the Casio web page.

I fell in love with the demos and videos I had seen of the PX-350 and I could not stand to buy any other keyboard. I realize how illogical this is, honestly, the Yamaha 155 or higher end YDP would probably be great for me, or a lower end Roland 88 key. But I really like the sounds and especially the drum patterns and USB stick feature on the Casio PX-350 and I think the sound and action will be just as good for me as a beginner. I was very impressed with all of the skilled pianists I found on Youtube including Mr. Patterson who made some nice sounds.

The Privia 350 models are so difficult to find that someone tried to sell me a used PX-130 for $1250, and then a used CTK-4200 for $300. Dear Casio. Please do a better job stocking the next Privia model in Taiwan. I am actually very depressed right now that I had to order a White PX-350. But I suppose it will be okay in the end. Maybe I will get used to it. But really, I will always regret what happened. Please make sure you stock enough black versions of the next Privia you release. A "380"?

Thanks and good luck. Actually if anyone in Taiwan wants to trade a black one for a white one please contact me, thank you.

Edited by Tsukino (04/25/13 11:37 AM)

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Special Financing on Digital Keyboards

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#2070659 - 04/25/13 01:01 PM Re: Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan [Re: Tsukino]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Reckon the white one will look really good onstage .. .Don`t knock it! My next piano will be either white or red. If my wife hasn`t anything to do with it . . .

""

#2070774 - 04/25/13 04:04 PM Re: Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan [Re: Tsukino]
Scott Hamlin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Tsukino

I was very upset about this. I really wanted a black one. The last black one sold out twenty minutes before I was able to get to the store (I had called the previous day and got to the store just 40 minutes after it opened) and I became very depressed as a result.

Lesson learned.. he who hesitates....

#2071770 - 04/26/13 07:23 PM Re: Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan [Re: Tsukino]
Possum SP280Krome Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Tsukino
I called around 30 of the music stores listed on Casio's list of stores from their website all accross Taiwan, and there were only two PX-350s left for sale in all of Taiwan. Both of them were white. I normally hate white as a color for gear because it gets dirty faster if you know what I mean.

I was very upset about this. I really wanted a black one. The last black one sold out twenty minutes before I was able to get to the store (I had called the previous day and got to the store just 40 minutes after it opened) and I became very depressed as a result. I was told by many stores that the model is so popular that even in Japan there is a shortage and it would take more than 2 months to get a black one. I heard the same story from more than 20 stores I called all over Taiwan listed on the Casio web page.

I fell in love with the demos and videos I had seen of the PX-350 and I could not stand to buy any other keyboard. I realize how illogical this is, honestly, the Yamaha 155 or higher end YDP would probably be great for me, or a lower end Roland 88 key. But I really like the sounds and especially the drum patterns and USB stick feature on the Casio PX-350 and I think the sound and action will be just as good for me as a beginner. I was very impressed with all of the skilled pianists I found on Youtube including Mr. Patterson who made some nice sounds.

The Privia 350 models are so difficult to find that someone tried to sell me a used PX-130 for $1250, and then a used CTK-4200 for $300. Dear Casio. Please do a better job stocking the next Privia model in Taiwan. I am actually very depressed right now that I had to order a White PX-350. But I suppose it will be okay in the end. Maybe I will get used to it. But really, I will always regret what happened. Please make sure you stock enough black versions of the next Privia you release. A "380"?

Thanks and good luck. Actually if anyone in Taiwan wants to trade a black one for a white one please contact me, thank you.

If you are that depressed over a silly piano I would go to a therapist. You could also paint the piano. Are you near a paint store? I would have gone with the PX130 even though it is older it has better speakers.
Korg SP280

Rokit KRK 6 monitors
MXL V67G microphone

#2072442 - 04/27/13 09:45 PM Re: Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan [Re: Tsukino]
priv Offline

Loc: Tapei, Taiwan
Don't be so upset.

I chose PX-350M BK as my first DP, and already paid full price on 17th. The store said I can get it on 24th. But on 24th they said there were not enough pieces so I'll need to wait until next cargo, which means 8th~10th May.

Speaking of popularity, actually PX-150 is several times popular than PX-350M. The store sold more than 7 PX-150s every week while 1 or 0 PX-350M a week.

Btw, PX-350MWE maybe still good-looking on stage light but it is rather 'silver white' instead of elegant pure white, which is not so much an eye candy to us in Taiwan(not half as beautiful as PX-5S either). I think most people here will choose black ones.

Edited by priv (04/28/13 04:50 AM)
Edit Reason: correct at least some of the poor english grammar

#2074702 - 05/01/13 02:59 AM Re: Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan [Re: priv]
Tsukino Offline

Originally Posted By: priv
Don't be so upset.

I feel much better about the piano now.

But I have another problem. I tried to use my Transcend 64GB usb stick with the piano and it says "No Media". I also tried a Transcend 4GB stick, freshly formatted. I can't find any news about this other than what PianoManChuck put on YouTube. Does anyone know for sure what USB sticks will work with this piano? If I buy a new USB stick just for this and it doesn't work I will be upset. Thanks.

#2074900 - 05/01/13 10:08 AM Re: Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan [Re: Tsukino]
Mike_Martin Offline

I think the limit may be 32GB, I'll see if I can confirm.

Casio Music Forums
Privia Pro PX-5S Audio Demos

#2074925 - 05/01/13 10:40 AM Re: Casio PX-350 sold out in Taiwan [Re: Mike_Martin]
priv Offline

Loc: Tapei, Taiwan
On Japanese site some working USB drives are listed:
http://support.casio.jp/information.php?cid=008&pid=57#sd06

32GB is maximum on the list. However on Piano Chuck youtube channel he reported that 128GB is not working, but he has a 64GB that works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qq6RBtsHIg

So it is possibly the file system...or not. Tsukino did you tried to format your drive on PX-350M yet? The manual do recommend to format USB drive on PX-350M before you use it.

Btw Mike, could US site make a similar list too? I didn't find English version of this document. Thanks.

Edited by priv (05/01/13 10:43 AM)

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
156 registered (accordeur, ando, ajames, 47 invisible), 1899 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75560 Members
42 Forums
156229 Topics
2294480 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is a Yamaha P35 appropriate for church services?
by Giancarlo Robles
07/28/14 03:59 PM
Need suggestions for Music Room
by Gatsbee13
07/28/14 03:39 PM
Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions
by Dwscamel
07/28/14 12:52 PM
What do you think made you passionate about music/piano?
by Spuds
07/28/14 11:45 AM
Tune lab question
by RonTuner
07/28/14 11:32 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission