Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2076466 - 05/03/13 07:58 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Weiyan, that was a lovely rendition....doesn't look very easy so you did well to keep the whole thing flowing

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2076556 - 05/03/13 10:26 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Mohan Karthik Offline

Loc: Karnataka, India
Posting after a really long time....

Here's my contribution... Its an Piano Cover of an Indian Bollywood song. Hope you guys like...
http://www.youtube.com/user/nemesisnitt

#2076741 - 05/03/13 04:09 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Rickster Online   content

Loc: Georgia, USA
Hi All!

I've enjoyed all the presentations to the ABF Piano Bar, although I haven't commented on all of them.

As promised, here is my latest original blues tune "You know you got the blues".

It ain't all that good, but it is original! smile

I hope you all enjoy it!

"You know you got the blues"

Rick

#2076809 - 05/03/13 07:03 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Saranoya]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Sinophilia – Nice work. Have never seen the show but the theme seems familiar (and thanks)
EarlofMar – thanks
elleC – thanks (but you were at a bar listening to a live performace - it was 'recorded live' anyway) wink
ladypayne - a nice arrangement. I liked the echo of the melody idea
Riddler - very moody. A great exercise in chord progression
Weiyan – once again you demonstrate how much you have progressed. (You haven’t played a bluesy/12 bar piece for awhile – not following that any more?)
Mohan – I love Bollywood movies. (Although this tune isn't like the Bollywood fare I am used to hearing).
Rickster - Welcome back. A great little number. Great solo.

#2077502 - 05/05/13 05:41 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Hong Kong
Saronoya: Thank you for suggestion. The score had not paddle mark so I don't know where to add paddle. For Baroque music I don't know where the to add the paddle.

Newman: Thank you for remind me the Tim Richards' blues improvisation. None of my blues meets the books requirement, for I only played the written part but no improvisation. Will pick up this book again and improvise according to the instruction.

Mohan Karthik: Your cover of the Indian Hollywood song is very nice. Its the music flow from your heart.

#2077650 - 05/05/13 12:50 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Weiyan]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
"improvise according to the instruction."

Can`t get my head round that!

""

#2077664 - 05/05/13 01:34 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: peterws]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Reverse order.

Teodor Looks like the secret police are spyinh on ya man! Excellent work for an hour`s graft. I like your philosophy!

Saranoya These tunes can fly along sometimes. There`s everything to be said for holding back; they will sound more expressive and a lot nicer to listen to. Yours certainly does. It sings.

[/b]Newman [b]Vintage Beatles. One o` mine`s coming up soon . . .Lovely expressive job as usual. Those guys will never be o o fashion.

[/b]Sinophilia[b] D. Abbey is compulsive viewing for my missus. You`re making great progress. More!

[/b]Lady payne[b] One o` my all time faves (S and G) HAS A HARPY SOUND TO IT WHICH FITS INTO A MEDIEVAl setting. Wonderful bit of inventive stuff in there too!

[/b]Riddler[b] Monks mood - sounds like Monasterial re-mead-ial sophistication indeed!

WeiyanA really good listen indeed! Yer piano`s sounding good too!

Mohan Carthek Great! I liked the heavy/light contrast at the end particularly. The Clavs are good, aren`t they?

Rickster Watch out, man. The Stones`ll have this off ya before ya know it . . .and Jagger Richards`ll get the royalties . . .

Edited by peterws (05/05/13 01:38 PM)

""

#2077708 - 05/05/13 03:02 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: peterws]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Wow, it is only the 5th, and the piano bar already has lots of great music.

Mark - I love it when someone takes the time to record pieces to help others learn. I think your project sounds like a great idea!

Teodor- You did a beautiful job with this piece. It says a lot about how much your music has progressed to have this much expression after only one hour with the piece.

Saranoya I think your tempo worked very well for this piece. You played it very smoothly and musically. I think it would sound rushed at twice that tempo.

Newman - You really have a nice voice. You do a beautiful job on these Lennon McCartney pieces. Maybe the dog was just showing his appreciationa and trying to harmonize. Your musical interlude worked well.

Sinophilia - Excellent job on Downtown Abbey. You voiced the octaves well.

Ladypayne - That is a really nice arrangement of Scarborough Fair, beautifully played.

Riddler - I love the harmonies in this piece. Very nice, laid back, jazz.

Weiyan- Nice job on the Haydn. The rhythm was very good and you let the melody sing over the accompaniment.

Mohan Kartnik - That is a beautiful piece and you played it very sensitively. Very lovely.

Rickster - Just Wow! That was really cooking. You had my foot tapping along. You are an inspiration.

#2077732 - 05/05/13 03:37 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Codi Offline

Loc: Banksoda muddy river, Missouri...
Time must be going by fast. I've only gotten past the first page of listening.

Newman - You have a great voice for these Beatles tunes! I have a Beatles song of my own playing coming up if I can just get a good recording. (No voice though I don't do singing)

Teodor - You play so smooth, I can't believe you have just learned that so fast. It is very nice!

Saranoya - The slower tempo to me seems fine for that. I think it sounds lovely!

Ladypayne - Sounds like a very difficult piece that you played perfectly.

Sinophilia - Beautiful playing. I listened to more of yours on the sound cloud and all sound so smooth.

Weiyan - I always enjoy yours and your open piano. It is cool to watch and listen!

Riddler - Sorry but this reminds me of the rain, which I am so tired of now. No I joke I do like it! Sounds like from an old movie.

OK you have all inspired me to go work on my recording again!

#2077733 - 05/05/13 03:38 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: SwissMS]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Here is my entry for the month. This is a little soft Jazz piece called "Jazz Reflections". My husband liked this one!

https://www.box.com/s/a9ph25v45ezylqdr1km2

#2077745 - 05/05/13 03:53 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Mohan --beautiful tune! I could listen to it repeatedly (and I have!)

Rick -- such a showman you are. Wonderful performance!

SwissMs -- I'm not into jazz only cause I have no real exposure to it. But, that was a pleasure to hear. Is there a jazz piano bar?

#2077794 - 05/05/13 05:30 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Here`s a hacked about ole Lennon McCartney one. . . . called "EL, Len or Rig.B?" It`s undisciplined I`m afraid . . . How on earth d`ya get a picture on here from Youtube vids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gmS4iTw8fjw

Edited by peterws (05/06/13 06:42 AM)

""

#2077796 - 05/05/13 05:34 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: SwissMS]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Very polished style. Smooth as a glass of fine red . . I`ll have another! And you?

""

#2077799 - 05/05/13 05:38 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
1000 Post Club Member

SwissMS that was so nice your playing sounded very relaxed which I know is hard to do.

peterws that was an amazing interpretation of a classic, nothing "hacked" about that performance

#2077942 - 05/05/13 10:19 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Augustina Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
While working on my paper I decided to listen to the piano bar. First chance I've had in a long time. I only have a few done so far.

Teodor- Autumn scenery- I liked it!:)
The etudes! Nice!:)
Saranoya- I’m not familiar with this piece, but I like the way it sounds, and you did a good job on it.
Newman- Your Mother should know- I liked it! I enjoy listening to you sing as well!:)
Sinophilia- Downton Abbey- Very pretty! Sets the perfect mood for typing my essay
Ladypayne- Sister I really miss our duets!:( maybe in four weeks we will have a chance to play some!:) Scarborough fair was very well played!
Riddler- Monk’s Mood- I enjoyed this piece a lot. Very relaxing

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530

#2078076 - 05/06/13 02:37 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
SwissMS - That's exactly the kind of music I'd love to play. So graceful.

Rickster - When's your next gig? I'd buy tickets straight away! That's what I call having fun at the piano.

peterws - Oh my, so many notes! Did you arrange this yourself? Such mastery.

And thank you also to Codi and Augustina for the kind words.

#2078102 - 05/06/13 03:51 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

PeterWS - Not a hack by any stretch. An improvisation - yes. It certainly got my attention. I know I will NEVER reach that level of playing. Well done!

#2078143 - 05/06/13 06:47 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Newman]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Newman - NEVER say never! I`ll prob never improve although my classical stuff is doing, thanks to you lot. . . but I am havin` fun. And it costs nothing! That alone is enough to put a smile on any fella`s face . . . . whome

""

#2078163 - 05/06/13 08:02 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Rickster Online   content

Loc: Georgia, USA
Mark, don’t know why you removed your first post. I thought your presentation was very good and I enjoyed listening to it. I hope no one said anything here to discourage you.

Teodor, nice presentation. You have a great piano playing future ahead of you!

Saranoya, for some reason, my computer would not play your piece… I was disapointed! I know it was great!

Newman, I liked your presentation; sounds a lot like the Beatles music; great!

sinophilia, I liked your piece! Sounds as good as any Classical music I’ve ever heard!

Ladypayne, your playing is amazing and more sophisticated than I remember! Your skills are definitely improving and maturing, from what remember in the past.

Riddler, very nice! I could imagine myself in an up-scale restaurant or lounge listing to that! Very impressive!

Weiyan, I enjoyed your piece! Your playing is progressing nicely!

Mohan Karthik, very nice! Soothing and comforting to listen to, and your playing was very accurate… as for me, hey, I make lots of mistakes; of course, you know the saying, “there is no such thing as a wrong note”. smile

SwissMS, you play very well! I enjoyed your piece and I could listen to it over and over!

Peterws, you play very well! Hey, I like “fast fingers” and you have em’. Great job!

And, thanks for the comments on my performance, All! As far as me being a good “showman” hey, when you are not a very good musician, (like me) you have to draw from other strengths! smile

All the best! smile

Rick

#2078197 - 05/06/13 09:19 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Rickster]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bulgaria
Thank you Rick!

Recitals:

#2078208 - 05/06/13 09:30 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Teodor]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

peterws - Fantastic improv of Eleanor Rigby. I love the secondary melody playing through it. You really have a lot going on in this piece. Very impressive work!

#2078220 - 05/06/13 09:49 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Codi Offline

Loc: Banksoda muddy river, Missouri...
peterws - Wow very amazing!

#2078228 - 05/06/13 10:17 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks you all, for your encouraging words. TBH, I work on the basis of regularly hitting wrong notes. The hardest thing for me is to play a piece o` music AS WRITTEN! Those words strike fear into my inmost being . . . Neither my eyesight memory (I often forget what key I`m supposed to be in) or concentration are up to much. And why hit only one note when 5 will suffice? Have Fun!

""

#2078532 - 05/06/13 08:02 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Hong Kong
Peterws: Its nice to hear your piano singing Lennon McCartney's song. The video is very nice. In Tim Richard's book, first part of the piece is written. The second part is left hand rhythm and let the right hand improvise. This is big big big challenge to me.

SwissMS: I like the Jazz Reflections too.

#2078721 - 05/07/13 08:51 AM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: SwissMS]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Very enjoyable SwissMS,

I have some "beginner" books that I bought on the recommendation of casinitaly. Haven't gotten into them much as yet but I am looking forward to seeing how I like learning this genre. Your submission is certainly an inspiration to take a close look soon. Thanks!

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2079314 - 05/08/13 01:22 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well, nothing to watch but never mind. We can`t have this dropping off the edge; May`s not half done! (Too much going on elsewhere methinks)

""

#2079551 - 05/08/13 10:59 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
Inlanding Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Colorado
Sinophilia~ great work on Downtown Abbey. I listened to a couple other tunes on your page. Very nice music you choose to play and how you play it.

Mohan Karthik~ Welcome to the piano bar! Thank you for sharing your arrangement of the famous Bollywood Song. I like how it speeds up as it gains in intensity. Nicely done!

Rickster~ Great to see you again in the piano bar! Hope you are fine. I always enjoy your energetic, foot-tapping blues piano. Thank you for your music.

SwissMS~ That was a most excellent arrangement you created. I really liked your careful delivery of this ballad-at-times tune.

Saranoya~ I very much enjoy Burgmuller – he wrote very interesting pieces and studies. You were really listening to yourself play and express the music. I really liked it.

Ladypayne~ your arrangement of Scarborough Fair was great. It’d be great to hear you play it with other instrumentalists.

Ed~ Monk’s Mood is fantastic! You bring out so many great aspects of the melody. Wow, very rich sounding. Great work, indeed!

Newman~ you knocked that one out of the park! Absolutely great. You continue to add new elements refinements to your arrangements - so very entertaining. That one’s a keeper.

Teodor~ Autumn Scenenery was really nice. I like the camera angle and your sense of touch on the piano – it gets better each month.

Peterws~ LNRRigby was really animated and entertaining. It sounded to me like you were really having a great time playing that song!

Glen

March piano audio
https://app.box.com/s/evl3yyp1kj52ve8l069u

A Bit of YouTube

PTG Associate Member

#2079908 - 05/09/13 04:09 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
scorpio Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Since this is recital month and the bar is slow, I will put my foot in the water here for the first time. This is a simple piece from Keith Snell's Essential Piano Repertoire Level One:

Morning Song

Yamaha P-155

#2079919 - 05/09/13 04:28 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
    1000 Post Club Member

very nice scorpio. I ordered Keith Snell's Essential Piano Repertoire Level three still waiting three weeks later

#2079925 - 05/09/13 04:42 PM Re: May Day, May Day Piano Bar... [Re: Mark...]
    1000 Post Club Member

Since the piano bar is apparently slow, here is my first piece for PW posted late last month in the Ecco Fatto Café

https://www.box.com/s/v5l0k7ps4lu9atw3ahng

I have been playing for five and a half months, this piece Fandango, is from Alfred's Piano course book 3

Edited by earlofmar (05/09/13 04:43 PM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
    What's Hot!!
    Our latest Issue is available now...
    Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
    -------------------
    HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
    -------------------
    Sharing is Caring!
    About the Buttons
    -------------------
    Forums Rules & Help
    -------------------
    ADVERTISE
    on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
    (ad) HAILUN Pianos
    Hailun Pianos - Click for More
    Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
    Seiler Pianos
    Sheet Music
    (PW is an affiliate)
    Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
    (125ad) Dampp Chaser
    Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
    (ad) Lindeblad Piano
    Lindeblad Piano Restoration
    Who's Online
    137 registered (A Guy, aesop, 36251, 45 invisible), 1586 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Forum Stats
    75609 Members
    42 Forums
    156342 Topics
    2296203 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
    New Topics - Multiple Forums
    Yamaha P-85 closer to a Grand Piano action than any Upright!
    by Paul678
    08/01/14 07:22 PM
    Do someone have a Sciortino Insta-COILER
    by Olek
    08/01/14 06:55 PM
    Buying used piano for school district - need advice/cautions
    by ChoralScholar
    08/01/14 05:34 PM
    Help with a leg!
    by igirl
    08/01/14 04:53 PM
    Have you had to fire your piano teacher? Why?
    by alans
    08/01/14 04:02 PM
    (ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
    | Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
    | Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
    | |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
    No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission