2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by Polyphonist
Schubertslieder, your aggressive behavior towards me borders on something I'm ready to report to the administrators/moderators. I have not disrespected you in any way, and it seems logical that you would return the same respect. Please discontinue these references to me. Now.

If you really knew as much about music as you pretend to, you would not have brought up that thread.

Are you threatening me?

Charles Peck (American)--Metropolitan
Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
Schubertslieder, your aggressive behavior towards me borders on something I'm ready to report to the administrators/moderators. I have not disrespected you in any way, and it seems logical that you would return the same respect. Please discontinue these references to me. Now.

If you really knew as much about music as you pretend to, you would not have brought up that thread.

It feels and sounds like a threat so I need to know if you are threatening me.

Last edited by Schubertslieder; 04/29/13 03:05 PM.

Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Schubertslieder

I certainly hope you are threatening me in any way shape or form.

You hope I'm threatening you? Surely that's not what's implied by the tone of the post...

You can't even write correct English. Stop trolling and get off these forums. There are many sites where your ludicrous behavior would be received much better. This site is for intelligent people who are serious about music, or serious about learning it, and any posts that do not promote that environment are inappropriate.

Edit: before I was even done typing this post you threw in a few more useless posts, with a few more blatant grammar errors to boot. If you could see how you are perceived by the PianoWorld community you would delete your account and never join an Internet forum again.

Regards,

Polyphonist

If you thought I am here to be threatened or abused in any way shape or form, you are terribly mistaken.

Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
You have now succeeded in destroying the OP's thread. Congratulations.

Regards,

Polyphonist

Did you just discredit my knowledge in music?
Let me just make myself very clear. I am not here to be threatened or abused.

Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P

Oh, you've made yourself plenty clear - you've replied to the same post about 8 times in a row, without adding any value, either to the thread or even to your own argument (is there really an argument? wink ). Is your goal to set a record for the most posts in one thread in a row, or what?

I am not here to be threatened or abused.

Well then, I must ask: what ARE you here for? I see no value in what you have posted on this thread, at least, in reply to me (which now comprises a large part of your total posts on the forum).

Regards,

Polyphonist

Oh, you've made yourself plenty clear - you've replied to the same post about 8 times in a row, without adding any value, either to the thread or even to your own argument (is there really an argument? wink ). Is your goal to set a record for the most posts in one thread in a row, or what?

What ARE you here for?

As long as you understand that I am not here to be discredited, threatened or abused, we can continue with conversation.

Do you or do you not understand that I feel threatened, abused and discredited by your posts?

Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Schubertslieder :

We all often have things we wish to say that refer not to the topic directly, but, as an off-shoot of the topic, to what someone else on the thread has said.

The manner in which we post is our own style. That said, however, I wonder if it is possible for you to pause, gather your thoughts on a given issue, and then present them coherently in a single post rather than post multiple, consecutive posts as you have recently being doing?

I seriously believe that it does stretch your credibility among us when you post as you do.

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I have a question.

Are you threatening me?

I certainly hope you are threatening me in any way shape or form.

Are you threatening me?

It feels and sounds like a threat so I need to know if you are threatening me.

If you thought I am here to be threatened or abused in any way shape or form, you are terribly mistaken.

What ARE you here for?

As long as you understand that I am not here to be discredited, threatened or abused, we can continue with conversation.

Do you or do you not understand that I feel threatened, abused and discredited by your posts?

Can you explain why you posted each of these replies?

Edit: cross-posted with Bruce, who made the same point in a different way.

Regards,

Polyphonist
I am simply posting what I feel.
My feeling is that I feel discredited, abused and threatened by Polyphony on this thread as well as the other thread by Joey Townley.

Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I am simply posting what I feel.
My feeling is that I feel discredited, abused and threatened by Polyphony on this thread as well as the other thread by Joey Townley.

Here is my advice for you, Schubertslieder.

1) Post what you feel all you want. But do it in one post so as not to wreck the thread.

2) When you refer to members, make sure to spell their usernames right.

3) If you feel abused, by all means report me to a moderator. I can assure you that they will agree with everything I have said on this thread and the other one regarding your behavior.

In fact, I hope one of the moderators will contact you about this issue sometime in the near future. I am getting progressively more annoyed with each meaningless post you make.

Regards,

Polyphonist
M
M
Also, wouldn't it be a nicer route to just continue your conversation in PMs? It seems like half of the threads in the last few days are devoted to Polyphonist and Schubertslieder one upping each other or Polyphonist and someone else one upping each other. It's a bit narcissistic to think that half to two thirds to all of each thread needs to be you proving your manhood to one another. What about if you took a running count of what percentage of the thread is devoted to your retorts and counter retorts, then if it's over 10%, just message that person directly? That might make the rest of the community a bit more satisifed.

If he's bothering you, and I can well imagine he is, ignore it and respond to other people's posts.

Thanks for the advice. I will take it.

Best

Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by mermilylumpkin
Also, wouldn't it be a nicer route to just continue your conversation in PMs? It seems like half of the threads in the last few days are devoted to Polyphonist and Schubertslieder one upping each other or Polyphonist and someone else one upping each other. It's a bit narcissistic to think that half to two thirds to all of each thread needs to be you proving your manhood to one another. What about if you took a running count of what percentage of the thread is devoted to your retorts and counter retorts, then if it's over 10%, just message that person directly? That might make the rest of the community a bit more satisifed.

When counting the percentages of posts on the thread made by Schubertslieder and I, the discrepancy is remarkable. On one hand you have strings of posts making one point at best, or usually no point at all. On the other you have a few sensible posts from me scattered through the mix, each devoted to a different attempt to get him to see how he is spoiling the forum for the rest of us and repeatedly asking him to stop.

Regards,

Polyphonist
M
M
OP - Congrats on getting your piece performed. That must be awesome for you!

[a demonstration. You see what I did there?]

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by mermilylumpkin
If he's bothering you, and I can well imagine he is, ignore it and respond to other people's posts.

I understand, but I should not have to deal with a poster like this on a supposedly well-moderated, sophisticated forum.

Regards,

Polyphonist
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Thanks for the advice. I will take it.

Best

The advice was directed at me, not you. Your posts do not warrant such a civil reply.

I am leaving this thread for the time being.

Regards,

Polyphonist
FYI...locking this and another thread.

I have to start teaching soon and don't really have the time or interest to go back through and figure out who started it or who's at fault.

All I know is that two people have ruined two threads, so I'm locking them. Regardless of who's fault it was, either could have ended it and chose to keep the nonsense going.

Since no one was willing to step forward and stop the madness, I'm happy to oblige...

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission