2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (AndyOnThePiano2, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, 11 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tsukino Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I called around 30 of the music stores listed on Casio's list of stores from their website all accross Taiwan, and there were only two PX-350s left for sale in all of Taiwan. Both of them were white. I normally hate white as a color for gear because it gets dirty faster if you know what I mean.

I was very upset about this. I really wanted a black one. The last black one sold out twenty minutes before I was able to get to the store (I had called the previous day and got to the store just 40 minutes after it opened) and I became very depressed as a result. I was told by many stores that the model is so popular that even in Japan there is a shortage and it would take more than 2 months to get a black one. I heard the same story from more than 20 stores I called all over Taiwan listed on the Casio web page.

I fell in love with the demos and videos I had seen of the PX-350 and I could not stand to buy any other keyboard. I realize how illogical this is, honestly, the Yamaha 155 or higher end YDP would probably be great for me, or a lower end Roland 88 key. But I really like the sounds and especially the drum patterns and USB stick feature on the Casio PX-350 and I think the sound and action will be just as good for me as a beginner. I was very impressed with all of the skilled pianists I found on Youtube including Mr. Patterson who made some nice sounds.

The Privia 350 models are so difficult to find that someone tried to sell me a used PX-130 for $1250, and then a used CTK-4200 for $300. Dear Casio. Please do a better job stocking the next Privia model in Taiwan. I am actually very depressed right now that I had to order a White PX-350. But I suppose it will be okay in the end. Maybe I will get used to it. But really, I will always regret what happened. Please make sure you stock enough black versions of the next Privia you release. A "380"?

Thanks and good luck. Actually if anyone in Taiwan wants to trade a black one for a white one please contact me, thank you.

Last edited by Tsukino; 04/25/13 11:37 AM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Reckon the white one will look really good onstage .. .Don`t knock it! My next piano will be either white or red. If my wife hasn`t anything to do with it . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tsukino

I was very upset about this. I really wanted a black one. The last black one sold out twenty minutes before I was able to get to the store (I had called the previous day and got to the store just 40 minutes after it opened) and I became very depressed as a result.

Lesson learned.. he who hesitates....

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Tsukino
I called around 30 of the music stores listed on Casio's list of stores from their website all accross Taiwan, and there were only two PX-350s left for sale in all of Taiwan. Both of them were white. I normally hate white as a color for gear because it gets dirty faster if you know what I mean.

I was very upset about this. I really wanted a black one. The last black one sold out twenty minutes before I was able to get to the store (I had called the previous day and got to the store just 40 minutes after it opened) and I became very depressed as a result. I was told by many stores that the model is so popular that even in Japan there is a shortage and it would take more than 2 months to get a black one. I heard the same story from more than 20 stores I called all over Taiwan listed on the Casio web page.

I fell in love with the demos and videos I had seen of the PX-350 and I could not stand to buy any other keyboard. I realize how illogical this is, honestly, the Yamaha 155 or higher end YDP would probably be great for me, or a lower end Roland 88 key. But I really like the sounds and especially the drum patterns and USB stick feature on the Casio PX-350 and I think the sound and action will be just as good for me as a beginner. I was very impressed with all of the skilled pianists I found on Youtube including Mr. Patterson who made some nice sounds.

The Privia 350 models are so difficult to find that someone tried to sell me a used PX-130 for $1250, and then a used CTK-4200 for $300. Dear Casio. Please do a better job stocking the next Privia model in Taiwan. I am actually very depressed right now that I had to order a White PX-350. But I suppose it will be okay in the end. Maybe I will get used to it. But really, I will always regret what happened. Please make sure you stock enough black versions of the next Privia you release. A "380"?

Thanks and good luck. Actually if anyone in Taiwan wants to trade a black one for a white one please contact me, thank you.

If you are that depressed over a silly piano I would go to a therapist. You could also paint the piano. Are you near a paint store? I would have gone with the PX130 even though it is older it has better speakers.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
P
P
Don't be so upset.

I chose PX-350M BK as my first DP, and already paid full price on 17th. The store said I can get it on 24th. But on 24th they said there were not enough pieces so I'll need to wait until next cargo, which means 8th~10th May.

Speaking of popularity, actually PX-150 is several times popular than PX-350M. The store sold more than 7 PX-150s every week while 1 or 0 PX-350M a week.

Btw, PX-350MWE maybe still good-looking on stage light but it is rather 'silver white' instead of elegant pure white, which is not so much an eye candy to us in Taiwan(not half as beautiful as PX-5S either). I think most people here will choose black ones.

Last edited by priv; 04/28/13 04:50 AM. Reason: correct at least some of the poor english grammar
T
Tsukino Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by priv
Don't be so upset.

I feel much better about the piano now.

But I have another problem. I tried to use my Transcend 64GB usb stick with the piano and it says "No Media". I also tried a Transcend 4GB stick, freshly formatted. I can't find any news about this other than what PianoManChuck put on YouTube. Does anyone know for sure what USB sticks will work with this piano? If I buy a new USB stick just for this and it doesn't work I will be upset. Thanks.

I think the limit may be 32GB, I'll see if I can confirm.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
P
P
On Japanese site some working USB drives are listed:
http://support.casio.jp/information.php?cid=008&pid=57#sd06

32GB is maximum on the list. However on Piano Chuck youtube channel he reported that 128GB is not working, but he has a 64GB that works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qq6RBtsHIg

So it is possibly the file system...or not. Tsukino did you tried to format your drive on PX-350M yet? The manual do recommend to format USB drive on PX-350M before you use it.

Btw Mike, could US site make a similar list too? I didn't find English version of this document. Thanks.

Last edited by priv; 05/01/13 10:43 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission