2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
H
I'm not the poster who's being talked about here right? Is it really fraudulent? I'm going to be honest here, I had the ideas for about a year before I read these books, and these books were certainly enlightening. And these books were all free, Project Gutenberg(AWESOME). If I remember correctly there's a chapter where the author mentions something about having a teacher who recommended slow practice that destroyed her technique. I feel like the dreg of unfocused slow practice without musical concentration could do that. However, I like my method of slow practice, and was just trying to share it. I really hope I didn't offend anyone with my ideas. I was just excited to join the forum.
All the best!

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by hujidong
I'm not the poster who's being talked about here right? Is it really fraudulent? I'm going to be honest here, I had the ideas for about a year before I read these books, and these books were certainly enlightening. And these books were all free, Project Gutenberg(AWESOME). If I remember correctly there's a chapter where the author mentions something about having a teacher who recommended slow practice that destroyed her technique. I feel like the dreg of unfocused slow practice without musical concentration could do that. However, I like my method of slow practice, and was just trying to share it. I really hope I didn't offend anyone with my ideas. I was just excited to join the forum.
All the best!

HAHA

No, you're not the one being talked about. We're discussing BachMach2, the mysterious OP. Listen to the recording if you dare. grin

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Good lord where did my mind go o.o

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Maybe it was sucked away by the stupidity of this thread. ha

Leave for a few minutes and you'll recover. tiki

(what does tiki mean and why did I use it?)

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Maybe I'm just paranoid. O.O

Well I had a listen and you can really deliver on that melody voice. I think you have a tendency to stop a little too much at the end of a 'phrase', which since being inside the piece of music is never a real end but a new beginning.
You really keep the energy going!! There is crazy potential to get better with conduits that can then better the projection of what you hear in your head when you think about it!
It sounds like you could use some technical work to get those hands in shape and play a ton better!!
So I have an idea about those arpeggio kind of things in the beginning. It sounds like your left hand needs some work to get a softer attack on the keyboard with the crazy motions going on. So you could try practicing, idk, for me I've never played the piece so I'm going to go with a wild guess and say maybe I'd use 5-2-1 then 4-2-1 or something. So I would take the shape of the whole first arpeggio, whatever it is, and see if your hands can play that shape in unison on the keyboard. That could maybe help to develop unison relationships between your fingers. If it is difficult to develop independent finger control for you then maybe you could try pressing down the first note of the arpeggio, trying to control every tiny movement the whole push down, and then finding how much you need to keep pushing to hold it down, and then try to control the complete release of the finger and transfer the weight to a different finger, with the same concentrations on what is going on. The movement is kind of like a low as possible chain of arc movements on the keyboard. It is efficient!
So then if there is a thumb turn, I would practice 5-1-4 or 2-1-4 or 2-1-2, then maybe 52-4, with 5 and 2 going down together, 52-2, then 52-42 if it's possible with help from the wrists. It might help to focus the complete way between every movement to get control of finer actions!

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I'm afraid you've wasted your time, sir. ha

I will not say more.

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
That's a shame, don't you feel like life's things are worth sharing? You really shot down this BachMach2 kid, and he sounds pretty damn musical. Do you feel that he's not even worth a shot, that his 60-odd recordings are all so bad and having nothing to give, no individuality, that time shouldn't even be spent in an attempt to help him to become better at his hobby, and with the 60-odd recordings, maybe passion?

It's sad you won't say more.

I must say, from the posts I've seen from you, you are quite the character.

P.S. Especially because you could be recording glorious Beethoven sonatas to share with us.
Or could you link me to some? Is it against forum rules to not look myself?

Last edited by hujidong; 05/02/13 10:39 PM.
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
That's a shame, don't you feel like life's things are worth sharing? You really shot down this BachMach2 kid, and he sounds pretty damn musical. Do you feel that he's not even worth a shot, that his 60-odd recordings are all so bad and having nothing to give, no individuality, that time shouldn't even be spent in an attempt to help him to become better at his hobby, and with the 60-odd recordings, maybe passion?

It's sad you won't say more.

I must say, from the posts I've seen from you, you are quite the character.

P.S. Especially because you could be recording glorious Beethoven sonatas to share with us.
Or could you link me to some? Is it against forum rules to not look myself?

About BachMach2...I think you should take a look at some other opinions on him. I don't think they vary too much. ha He is obviously trolling and trying to bait us into replying to his stupid recordings.

I am definitely "quite the character" - isn't that a good thing? grin

I could be recording Beethoven sonatas - but I'm too lazy. ha

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Maybe all he has is a recording device that can't work well. And from the quality of posts I've been seeing on this forum, a lot of nooby bashing. Really nooby bashing. But to be honest I haven't read through this thread yet so I don't know.

If you are a real artist and you say that you are being lazy, then you are just being really selfish.

I think I've interested you into saying more, mr. sillysquares

Quite the character..

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Huji: He's a pretty fine pianist who is purposely playing lousy on these stupid recordings. smile

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
You're starting to get quite rude now, my friend. Cut it out before I message a moderator.

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Sorry, I have a short temper and a terrible allergic reaction that happens sometimes.
Good plan I guess.
Let's stop this flaming thing?
Sorry about the mess.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P

Let's stop this flaming thing?

Let's!

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
I tried sneakily sifting through your recent posts, but I couldn't find a recording of you. You must be really really good. Could you link us to any of your recordings??
Personally, I would love to hear you! Please?

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Why do you think I'm really good? grin

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Omg did I uncover your joke. It is hilarious. Hats off to you. bwahahahaha

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Omg did I uncover your joke. It is hilarious. Hats off to you. bwahahahaha

So you've come to the realization? ha

You found out faster than most people did. Unfortunately, I beat you...look back in the thread. laugh

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Amazing!
I read through it was like wow.
Let's play hangman!
P_y_h_p_t_

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
What are you insinuating? ha

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Random word, what are you :,(

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission