2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 4 invisible), 1,184 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
L
here's my submission for the month. Another version of Scarborough Fair. I used sheet music but improvised a little from it. I also made up a section near the end that sounds a bit different from the rest. You should be able to tell which part I am talking about :P Anyway enjoy!

Scarborough Fair
https://www.box.com/s/y15tyccfz279csszp92y

I am currently uploading all of my written piano sheets onto my blog to make things easier. I also have written out a few more sheets. All free check it out if you want smile Any questions, PM me

http://myuniquepianomusic.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/paws1528
S
S
Teodor -Autumn Scenery - quick work. Beautiful little piece
Cramer Etude 1 - I'm not familiar with Cramer, but I wish you luck.

Saranoya - Bergmuller Adieu - It sounds nice at this speed. Must be scary to play at 184!

Newman - Your Mother Should Know - Your playing stands up even when aren't singing.

sinophilia - Downtown Abbey Theme - Nice playing. Your tempo is rock solid. I can't hear any difficulty, you've mastered this one.

ladypayne - Scarborough Fair - This is a nice arrangement. It sounds really good on your piano.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
E
E
Sinophilia -- easy or not...you played it very nicely. And I did hear your highlights =)

ladypayne -- that was beautiful rendition of Scarborough Fair. I loved how the notes just flow from one to another...very musical.

Adult beginner since January 2013. My only regret is that I didn't learn sooner.
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
My piece this month is Monk's Mood, by (guess who?) Thelonious Monk.

I attended several Monk concerts in NYC, Newport, etc in the 50s and 60s, always loved to hear him play this song, and tried to play it by ear, but never got those beautiful chords (or the pedal point thing) quite right. Lead sheets opened my eyes to a whole new world!

Monk's Mood

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Sinophilia: You play beautifully. It is apparent that you have taken the time to learn the right way. You play very precisely with strong attention paid to playing ON TIME !

You have not gotten ahead of yourself by trying to play all sorts of things that are beyond your skill level.

You serve as an inspiration for all beginners.

Your music is a pleasure to hear.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Thank you everybody, you're too kind as usual! smile

Saranoya, this sounds so good! I have some Burgmuller music somewhere and I'll have to dig it out when I decide to try classical music. Next year maybe.

Teodor, that is beautiful! It must be so rewarding to pick up a piece and just learn it and play it in an hour...

Newman, I never say anything but I always listen to your songs, I'm so jealous of the great playing and singing!

ladypayne, your Scarborough Fair gives goose bumps even through the speakers of my laptop! Wow!

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Ladypayne - that was a lovely arrangement of Scarborough Fair, simply beautiful, has put me in a nice frame of mind after a hard week.

Riddler - even although the music was unfamiliar listening lifted my tired weary spirit

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
There are so many good music this month. I hope not to miss any of these good music.

Mark, very nice piece. This is my first time hear the Emperor's New Clothes piano cover.
Teodor: Very nice etude.
Saranyona: You are Bergmuller expert here.
Newman: Your voice is very good.
sinophilia: Your playing is flowing. Very nice. Keep on.
ladypayne: Your rendition of Scarborough is very good. You seems interact with the music.
Riddler: Monk's Mood. It matches today's mood. Its whole day raining, without sunshine, without birds singing, without dogs barking....

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This is my contribution this month.

Menuet in F maj. by Haydn.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Weiyan: I've played that! Nice piece, isn't it? It would be even better if you'd add a little pedalwork wink.

Plodding through piano music at a frustratingly slow pace since 9/2012.

Standard disclaimer: I teach many things. Piano is not one of them.
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Weiyan, that was a lovely rendition....doesn't look very easy so you did well to keep the whole thing flowing

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posting after a really long time....

Here's my contribution... Its an Piano Cover of an Indian Bollywood song. Hope you guys like...
[video:youtube]-O1GAKwQ9A8[/video]

Learning Music is hard. But enjoying ones own music makes it soo much easier!
Yamaha CLP-430
https://soundcloud.com/mohankarthik
http://www.youtube.com/user/nemesisnitt
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi All!

I've enjoyed all the presentations to the ABF Piano Bar, although I haven't commented on all of them.

As promised, here is my latest original blues tune "You know you got the blues".

It ain't all that good, but it is original! smile

I hope you all enjoy it!

"You know you got the blues"

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Sinophilia – Nice work. Have never seen the show but the theme seems familiar (and thanks)
EarlofMar – thanks
elleC – thanks (but you were at a bar listening to a live performace - it was 'recorded live' anyway) wink
ladypayne - a nice arrangement. I liked the echo of the melody idea
Riddler - very moody. A great exercise in chord progression
Weiyan – once again you demonstrate how much you have progressed. (You haven’t played a bluesy/12 bar piece for awhile – not following that any more?)
Mohan – I love Bollywood movies. (Although this tune isn't like the Bollywood fare I am used to hearing).
Rickster - Welcome back. A great little number. Great solo.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Saronoya: Thank you for suggestion. The score had not paddle mark so I don't know where to add paddle. For Baroque music I don't know where the to add the paddle.

Newman: Thank you for remind me the Tim Richards' blues improvisation. None of my blues meets the books requirement, for I only played the written part but no improvisation. Will pick up this book again and improvise according to the instruction.

Mohan Karthik: Your cover of the Indian Hollywood song is very nice. Its the music flow from your heart.

"improvise according to the instruction."

Can`t get my head round that!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Reverse order.

Teodor Looks like the secret police are spyinh on ya man! Excellent work for an hour`s graft. I like your philosophy!

Saranoya These tunes can fly along sometimes. There`s everything to be said for holding back; they will sound more expressive and a lot nicer to listen to. Yours certainly does. It sings.

[/b]Newman [b]Vintage Beatles. One o` mine`s coming up soon . . .Lovely expressive job as usual. Those guys will never be o o fashion.

[/b]Sinophilia[b] D. Abbey is compulsive viewing for my missus. You`re making great progress. More!

[/b]Lady payne[b] One o` my all time faves (S and G) HAS A HARPY SOUND TO IT WHICH FITS INTO A MEDIEVAl setting. Wonderful bit of inventive stuff in there too!

[/b]Riddler[b] Monks mood - sounds like Monasterial re-mead-ial sophistication indeed!

WeiyanA really good listen indeed! Yer piano`s sounding good too!

Mohan Carthek Great! I liked the heavy/light contrast at the end particularly. The Clavs are good, aren`t they?

Rickster Watch out, man. The Stones`ll have this off ya before ya know it . . .and Jagger Richards`ll get the royalties . . .

Last edited by peterws; 05/05/13 01:38 PM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Wow, it is only the 5th, and the piano bar already has lots of great music.

Mark - I love it when someone takes the time to record pieces to help others learn. I think your project sounds like a great idea!

Teodor- You did a beautiful job with this piece. It says a lot about how much your music has progressed to have this much expression after only one hour with the piece.

Saranoya I think your tempo worked very well for this piece. You played it very smoothly and musically. I think it would sound rushed at twice that tempo.

Newman - You really have a nice voice. You do a beautiful job on these Lennon McCartney pieces. Maybe the dog was just showing his appreciationa and trying to harmonize. Your musical interlude worked well.

Sinophilia - Excellent job on Downtown Abbey. You voiced the octaves well.

Ladypayne - That is a really nice arrangement of Scarborough Fair, beautifully played.

Riddler - I love the harmonies in this piece. Very nice, laid back, jazz.

Weiyan- Nice job on the Haydn. The rhythm was very good and you let the melody sing over the accompaniment.

Mohan Kartnik - That is a beautiful piece and you played it very sensitively. Very lovely.

Rickster - Just Wow! That was really cooking. You had my foot tapping along. You are an inspiration.

Time must be going by fast. I've only gotten past the first page of listening.

Newman - You have a great voice for these Beatles tunes! I have a Beatles song of my own playing coming up if I can just get a good recording. (No voice though I don't do singing)

Teodor - You play so smooth, I can't believe you have just learned that so fast. It is very nice!

Saranoya - The slower tempo to me seems fine for that. I think it sounds lovely!

Ladypayne - Sounds like a very difficult piece that you played perfectly.

Sinophilia - Beautiful playing. I listened to more of yours on the sound cloud and all sound so smooth.

Weiyan - I always enjoy yours and your open piano. It is cool to watch and listen!

Riddler - Sorry but this reminds me of the rain, which I am so tired of now. No I joke I do like it! Sounds like from an old movie.

OK you have all inspired me to go work on my recording again!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Here is my entry for the month. This is a little soft Jazz piece called "Jazz Reflections". My husband liked this one!

https://www.box.com/s/a9ph25v45ezylqdr1km2

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission