2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, 12 invisible), 2,022 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I'm insinuating an insinuation.

(What does that mean? grin)

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
That you started it :P

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
How about if you two take this personal back and forth to PM's?

Greg
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
The intention was not to insult each other, we're just having fun. I'll stop now. grin

Regards,

Polyphonist
H
H
Thank you.

I'll stop too.

laugh

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Polyphonist
I've been researching some history here...and I have another question: why is this poster not banned yet?

Maybe because us a few of us (myself and 2 or 3 other twisted souls) find him hilarious? blush (OK, that's probably not the reason.)

My question to you, Polyphonist, would be: why ban him? He insults no one, yet he receives every form of insult and ridicule imaginable. He costs PW nothing because he seldom writes, and his recordings are stored at Box. He wastes no one's time because his threads, like all other threads, are mouse-selectable. So any time wasted is purely voluntary. So what's the harm?

Some might say that BachMach2 is an acquired taste, but he's not. He's an immediate taste. It only took you 20 seconds of listening to suggest banning him, and you're not alone. The first PW critique of his first recording (by liszt85) was: "The recording sucked as did the playing." Despite the heavy nuance of this comment, I think I caught the drift.

So if his very presence in this hallowed forum offends you, then by all means, seek a ban. Until then, I will continue to enjoy his "shtick". But could you just give me a "heads up", so I can accelerate my listening? I'm only up to Beethoven No. 11. laugh

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content

Originally Posted by Old Man
So any time wasted is purely voluntary.

You've hit the nail on the head !!!!!! thumb

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
[...] "The recording sucked as did the playing." Despite the heavy nuance of this comment [...]

LOL!!! Old Man hit the nail on the head twice in one post, with his own degree of nuance!

[...] So if his very presence in this hallowed forum offends you, then by all means, seek a ban. Until then, I will continue to enjoy his "shtick". But could you just give me a "heads up", so I can accelerate my listening? I'm only up to Beethoven No. 11. laugh

And since BachMach2 has said that, given enough time, he will play through everything, we have a lot to look forward to. Go BachMach!!! thumb

Last edited by Cinnamonbear; 05/03/13 07:29 PM.

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
....why ban him? He insults no one, yet he receives every form of insult and ridicule imaginable. He costs PW nothing because he seldom writes, and his recordings are stored at Box. He wastes no one's time because his threads, like all other threads, are mouse-selectable. So any time wasted is purely voluntary. So what's the harm?....

Looks like you have a pleasantly blind spot. grin

It's fraudulent.

For those of us who know what's going on, what you said is true. But people who don't (yet) know what he's doing, which is pretty much anyone who's fairly new here, DO have their time wasted. (Likewise people who aren't new who just don't buy what he's doing, but that's their problem.) ha

Originally Posted by carey
So any time wasted is purely voluntary.

You've hit the nail on the head !!!!!! thumb

See above. grin
You're having the the same blind spot.

H
H
What in the world is going on with the whole bachmach2 thing. Good lord.

Online Content

Mark -

ha Of course !!!!

But once those folks realize what's going on, the time wasted is indeed purely voluntary !! grin

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by carey
Mark -

ha Of course !!!!

But once those folks realize what's going on, the time wasted is indeed purely voluntary !! grin

Indeed! And it doesn't take long to realize what is going on. smokin ha If people really ignored him he would probably stop, but he keeps getting a lot of attention, so he keeps having fun. tiki

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Mark_C

Looks like you enjoy wasting your time.

Originally Posted by ChopinAddict
Indeed! And it doesn't take long to realize what is going on..... smokin ha

One might think so grin but, it took our "brain trust," our entire brain trust (such as there was) working together, utilizing all their brainpower (such as there was), about a month. ha

What I'm caring about is new members. As we've seen, they usually don't know for a while (how could they?), and waste time meanwhile.

Online Content
Wow! Someone might waste 5 minutes of their time! Must be some very busy and highly important person. What a tragedy!

The idea that someone's time is so valuable and important that losing a few minutes is a problem is beyond ridiculous and full of self importance.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 05/04/13 07:02 AM.
M
M
I didn't bother wasting 5 minutes of my time, but I did waste a whole 20 seconds after turning down the volume on my computer wasn't enough to make it bearable to listen to. Now I want my 20 seconds back (and my sanity). Seriously, this guy can play well enough to mock the music, but I doubt I'll be listening to any more smirk

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D

What I'm caring about is new members. As we've seen, they usually don't know for a while (how could they?), and waste time meanwhile.

But it seems, mostly, that you care that they think what you want them to think, as you waste more time in BM2 threads than anyone else.

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
....why ban him? He insults no one, yet he receives every form of insult and ridicule imaginable. He costs PW nothing because he seldom writes, and his recordings are stored at Box. He wastes no one's time because his threads, like all other threads, are mouse-selectable. So any time wasted is purely voluntary. So what's the harm?....

It's fraudulent.

For those of us who know what's going on, what you said is true. But people who don't (yet) know what he's doing, which is pretty much anyone who's fairly new here, DO have their time wasted. (Likewise people who aren't new who just don't buy what he's doing, but that's their problem.) ha

Mark, I think it may be you who has the blind spot. grin

Are you saying that among all the many thousands of threads on this forum, only BachMach2's contributions are a waste of time? All the rest are transcendental experiences, posts of great depth and profound insight? Speaking for myself, I've wasted plenty of time perusing threads that I found boring, silly, or simply "above my pay grade", so I could easily make the same claim. But since I control the mouse that sits on my desk, I don't feel that I need a protector.

Originally Posted by MarkC
It's fraudulent.

Fraudulent? Isn't "fraud" a legal term? Wikipedia says fraud is "intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual." What has BachMach "gained", beyond a few chuckles? And what damage has been inflicted upon the rest of us?

Here's a quick summary of BachMach's crimes, as I see it:

1. He posted an introductory essay ("What it 'means' to be a pianist"), an incoherent assemblage of non-sequiturs that I personally found hilarious, despite the fact I didn't understand a word of it.
2. He posts technically poor recordings of equally poor piano playing, which he prefaces with semi-delusional descriptions of their value.
3. He occasionally posts critiques of others' performances, which are also incoherent, but are never rude or strident.

Basically he confines himself to Members Recordings, he never forces himself on us, and his posts are clearly labeled. I think those few newbies who happen upon his threads will survive the experience without significant mental trauma.

Originally Posted by pianoloverus
[blah blah blah] ha

A lot of people (a whole lot) have only learned of what's going on because of such posts, and had kept wasting their time on these recordings till then. If you consider this a waste, fine. Because you're wrong. smile

....his posts are clearly labeled....

Not at all for what they are.

Online Content
Originally Posted by Damon

But it seems, mostly, that you care that they think what you want them to think, as you waste more time in BM2 threads than anyone else.
Exactly.

The whole idea that wasting a few minutes is something serious is ludicrous. The person who "wasted a few minutes" would have to be incredibly self rightoeus and self important to feel someone had committed some "fraudulunt" act if they fell for BM2's completely obvious and simple joke.

An absurd example of making something out of nothing.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission