2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (benkeys, Burkhard, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, 11 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
E
Mohan --beautiful tune! I could listen to it repeatedly (and I have!)

Rick -- such a showman you are. Wonderful performance!

SwissMs -- I'm not into jazz only cause I have no real exposure to it. But, that was a pleasure to hear. Is there a jazz piano bar?

Adult beginner since January 2013. My only regret is that I didn't learn sooner.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Here`s a hacked about ole Lennon McCartney one. . . . called "EL, Len or Rig.B?" It`s undisciplined I`m afraid . . . How on earth d`ya get a picture on here from Youtube vids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gmS4iTw8fjw

Last edited by peterws; 05/06/13 06:42 AM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Very polished style. Smooth as a glass of fine red . . I`ll have another! And you?

"[Linked Image]"
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
SwissMS that was so nice your playing sounded very relaxed which I know is hard to do.

peterws that was an amazing interpretation of a classic, nothing "hacked" about that performance

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A
A
While working on my paper I decided to listen to the piano bar. First chance I've had in a long time. I only have a few done so far.

Teodor- Autumn scenery- I liked it!:)
The etudes! Nice!:)
Saranoya- I’m not familiar with this piece, but I like the way it sounds, and you did a good job on it.
Newman- Your Mother should know- I liked it! I enjoy listening to you sing as well!:)
Sinophilia- Downton Abbey- Very pretty! Sets the perfect mood for typing my essay
Ladypayne- Sister I really miss our duets!:( maybe in four weeks we will have a chance to play some!:) Scarborough fair was very well played!
Riddler- Monk’s Mood- I enjoyed this piece a lot. Very relaxing

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS - That's exactly the kind of music I'd love to play. So graceful.

Rickster - When's your next gig? I'd buy tickets straight away! That's what I call having fun at the piano.

peterws - Oh my, so many notes! Did you arrange this yourself? Such mastery.

And thank you also to Codi and Augustina for the kind words.

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
PeterWS - Not a hack by any stretch. An improvisation - yes. It certainly got my attention. I know I will NEVER reach that level of playing. Well done!

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
Newman - NEVER say never! I`ll prob never improve although my classical stuff is doing, thanks to you lot. . . but I am havin` fun. And it costs nothing! That alone is enough to put a smile on any fella`s face . . . . whome

"[Linked Image]"
Mark, don’t know why you removed your first post. I thought your presentation was very good and I enjoyed listening to it. I hope no one said anything here to discourage you.

Teodor, nice presentation. You have a great piano playing future ahead of you!

Saranoya, for some reason, my computer would not play your piece… I was disapointed! I know it was great!

Newman, I liked your presentation; sounds a lot like the Beatles music; great!

sinophilia, I liked your piece! Sounds as good as any Classical music I’ve ever heard!

Ladypayne, your playing is amazing and more sophisticated than I remember! Your skills are definitely improving and maturing, from what remember in the past.

Riddler, very nice! I could imagine myself in an up-scale restaurant or lounge listing to that! Very impressive!

Weiyan, I enjoyed your piece! Your playing is progressing nicely!

Mohan Karthik, very nice! Soothing and comforting to listen to, and your playing was very accurate… as for me, hey, I make lots of mistakes; of course, you know the saying, “there is no such thing as a wrong note”. smile

SwissMS, you play very well! I enjoyed your piece and I could listen to it over and over!

Peterws, you play very well! Hey, I like “fast fingers” and you have em’. Great job!

And, thanks for the comments on my performance, All! As far as me being a good “showman” hey, when you are not a very good musician, (like me) you have to draw from other strengths! smile

All the best! smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you Rick!

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
peterws - Fantastic improv of Eleanor Rigby. I love the secondary melody playing through it. You really have a lot going on in this piece. Very impressive work!

peterws - Wow very amazing!

Thanks you all, for your encouraging words. TBH, I work on the basis of regularly hitting wrong notes. The hardest thing for me is to play a piece o` music AS WRITTEN! Those words strike fear into my inmost being . . . Neither my eyesight memory (I often forget what key I`m supposed to be in) or concentration are up to much. And why hit only one note when 5 will suffice? Have Fun!

"[Linked Image]"
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Peterws: Its nice to hear your piano singing Lennon McCartney's song. The video is very nice. In Tim Richard's book, first part of the piece is written. The second part is left hand rhythm and let the right hand improvise. This is big big big challenge to me.

SwissMS: I like the Jazz Reflections too.

Working on:\

J.S.Bach Prelude in C Min: No. 2 from Six Preludes fur Anfanger auf dem
Am Abend No. 2 from Stimmungsbilder, Op. 88
60s Swing No. 1 from Swinging Rhythms
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Very enjoyable SwissMS,

I have some "beginner" books that I bought on the recommendation of casinitaly. Haven't gotten into them much as yet but I am looking forward to seeing how I like learning this genre. Your submission is certainly an inspiration to take a close look soon. Thanks!

Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.

[Linked Image]
Well, nothing to watch but never mind. We can`t have this dropping off the edge; May`s not half done! (Too much going on elsewhere methinks)

"[Linked Image]"
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
Sinophilia~ great work on Downtown Abbey. I listened to a couple other tunes on your page. Very nice music you choose to play and how you play it.

Mohan Karthik~ Welcome to the piano bar! Thank you for sharing your arrangement of the famous Bollywood Song. I like how it speeds up as it gains in intensity. Nicely done!

Rickster~ Great to see you again in the piano bar! Hope you are fine. I always enjoy your energetic, foot-tapping blues piano. Thank you for your music.

SwissMS~ That was a most excellent arrangement you created. I really liked your careful delivery of this ballad-at-times tune.

Saranoya~ I very much enjoy Burgmuller – he wrote very interesting pieces and studies. You were really listening to yourself play and express the music. I really liked it.

Ladypayne~ your arrangement of Scarborough Fair was great. It’d be great to hear you play it with other instrumentalists.

Ed~ Monk’s Mood is fantastic! You bring out so many great aspects of the melody. Wow, very rich sounding. Great work, indeed!

Newman~ you knocked that one out of the park! Absolutely great. You continue to add new elements refinements to your arrangements - so very entertaining. That one’s a keeper.

Teodor~ Autumn Scenenery was really nice. I like the camera angle and your sense of touch on the piano – it gets better each month.

Peterws~ LNRRigby was really animated and entertaining. It sounded to me like you were really having a great time playing that song!

Glen

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Since this is recital month and the bar is slow, I will put my foot in the water here for the first time. This is a simple piece from Keith Snell's Essential Piano Repertoire Level One:

Morning Song

Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq / Garritan CFX

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Willy Wonka

[Linked Image]
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
very nice scorpio. I ordered Keith Snell's Essential Piano Repertoire Level three still waiting three weeks later

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Since the piano bar is apparently slow, here is my first piece for PW posted late last month in the Ecco Fatto Café

https://www.box.com/s/v5l0k7ps4lu9atw3ahng

I have been playing for five and a half months, this piece Fandango, is from Alfred's Piano course book 3

Last edited by earlofmar; 05/09/13 04:43 PM.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission