2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2079733 05/09/13 08:53 AM
Z
ZlynzZ Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
hello everyone, first time on this forum if i do little wrong correct me hehe

can i ask?
what the difference piano and keyboard? same? why the piano price so expensive? <i ask the music shop the seller say the board seem not right hm....>

i just buy keyboard yamaha psr-E333 <3 month>
still a newbie at piano

i don't have teacher piano/take a lesson etc2

is that right,i learn piano by myself is that possible withou teacher?
<current learning this song still stuck at page 3 almost 4 still first time took me one month too achieve 1 page thou( http://video.excite.co.jp/player/?id=4e5b6fbbc669120d&kw=%E3%83%94%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8E&pg=9&title=%E3%80%90+%E3%83%94%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8E+%E3%80%91Hesitation+Snow+-+fripSide+%E3%81%AF%E3%81%A4%E3%82%86%E3%81%8D%E3%81%95%E3%81%8F%E3%82%89Theme+Song ) >

can someone Translate this song too sheet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocujAHxU_Es
i really like this song but no in google T,T

Sorry for many Question teehee still newbie

Last edited by ZlynzZ; 05/09/13 11:58 AM.

I am Still begginer
ZlynzZ #2079877 05/09/13 02:58 PM
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
There are more helpful titles for a thread than a single misspelled word...

Originally Posted by ZlynzZ
what the difference piano and keyboard? same? why the piano price so expensive?

Yes, there is a difference. No, they're not the same. It's more expensive because it's a higher quality instrument.

Regards,

Polyphonist
Polyphonist #2079898 05/09/13 03:35 PM
K
K
Originally Posted by Polyphonist
There are more helpful titles for a thread than a single misspelled word...

Originally Posted by ZlynzZ
what the difference piano and keyboard? same? why the piano price so expensive?

Yes, there is a difference. No, they're not the same. It's more expensive because it's a higher quality instrument.
It should be fairly obvious from the content of the original post that the poster is not a native speaker of English; your prescriptivist and off-topic snark about spelling is very offputting.

To build on this, however, the main differences usually seen between a keyboard and piano is that keyboards are not usually built to emulate the mechanical action of a piano. Pianos are made of many moving parts that function together to get from pressing a key to making a sound, usually done by way of a hammer striking a string. Keyboards, on the other hand, are simply an electronic mechanism wherein striking a key "presses a button" that yields a pre-recorded sound. There is a bit of a "hybrid" in that there are now digital pianos that seek to somewhat emulate the feel and effect of an acoustic piano, although it depends on who you ask as far as whether or not digital pianos are considered to be pianos, and nonetheless they are usually considered a practice instrument, not one for performance.

With regards to acoustic pianos, the main reason they are so expensive is because the vast majority of the parts need to be handmade out of materials like wood which is a costly process. Unlike a plastic keyboard, piano parts are hard to exactly reproduce in a mold, so they need to be built by a very skilled piano maker. The costs of doing this, I'm sure you can imagine, is quite high.

As far as your questions about teachers, no, it's not usually recommended to study piano without the guidance of a teacher. I'm not sure what your area is like, but it's a much better idea to seek relatively cheap instruction by e.g. a university student than it is to teach yourself. Not only will you progress faster under experienced tutelage, but you can risk doing damage to your piano technique if you learn bad habits without having a more experienced teacher to correct them. You may also find deficiencies in other areas of your training, such as aural skills, musicianship, music theory, and repertoire choosing, if you don't have a teacher guiding you through these learning processes.

I wish I could explain this better in your native tongue, but I am afraid I'm not comfortable doing so right at the moment. While it's great to get involved in the many English-language forums and online resources, I'd encourage you to look at literature in your native language to facilitate the clearest understanding possible. smile

~Kea
ZlynzZ #2079914 05/09/13 04:14 PM
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Why do you write in that obnoxious purple color? In the Full Reply box, turn off "bold" and change the color to black.

Aside from that, most of the information you gave is accurate and should be helpful to the OP.

Welcome to PianoWorld! (both of you)

Regards,

Polyphonist
ZlynzZ #2079920 05/09/13 04:36 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Content, intent, and attitude count for 99%. Welcome Keakealani, and thank you for your carefully written informative post, in the aim of helping someone new to piano.

There are no rules about colour or bold, and again it's content and intent which matter. Readability matters too, so yellow on being wouldn't work too well, for example. laugh

Zzlynz - the best place for these kinds of questions is the Adult Beginner Forum (ABF). You've landed in a section for composition and related music theory. smile

ZlynzZ #2080073 05/09/13 11:18 PM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Well, Kea pretty much answered the original post. Bold and purple indeed doesn't help too much...

But my comment would be that the OP most probably copy pasted his post from elsewhere (thus the different formatting, etc), so my gut feeling is that he's spamming for views or something similar and we won't see a lot of him. I do wish I'm wrong, but at the moment and with 1 single post it does seem this way.

ZlynzZ #2080095 05/10/13 12:41 AM
Can't say I drew conclusions after a single post, but I followed both links. My impressions are different. I am seeing a young person who has become interested enough in music to try to play it, and for whom English as well as the script used are unfamiliar. And in struggling with a strange language, strange script, unfamiliarity with keyboards and music .... I dunno, you might be right ..... I'd hesitate about coming back. But then again, I suggest going to the ABF. It's usually a friendly place for novices. 1 single post, followed by encouragement, often leads to more single posts.

Actually I didn't know that PW was that restrictive. Makes me sort of want to avoid black.

ZlynzZ #2080286 05/10/13 11:24 AM
Z
ZlynzZ Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
ic2 sory2 haha i am indonesia ppl so my eng not very good

here i can bet no teacher coz small city and when i see keyboard user the attitue is like rather he is the only one and the best player so arrogant. . .

but the fact just for fun in my mind/hobby

I am Still begginer
keystring #2080541 05/10/13 10:57 PM
Welcome Zlynzz and Keakealani.

Keakealani, you wrote a wonderful first post so I enjoyed reading it. I am sure your post is very helpful.

I have no knowledge of the Yamaha keyboard Zlynzz has so I wondered if Digital Piano Forum can give him more specifics on his keyboard.

Originally Posted by keystring

Actually I didn't know that PW was that restrictive. Makes me sort of want to avoid black.

Crayola Crayons? I was not aware we can use crayons here on PW.

Charles Peck (American)--Metropolitan
Debussy--various pieces
Grieg--various pieces
keystring #2081672 05/13/13 02:37 AM
L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
I noticed that Zlyn has her/his ha ha, he he and the teehee down quite well. All that is needed is a liberal sprinkling of IMHO and LOL. I have not officially announced it yet, but I am soon starting a course called “Non-English for English Speakers” -- internet based, naturally.

Ed

In music, everything one does correctly helps everything else.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission