Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2080632 - 05/11/13 06:40 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: wouter79]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Thaks Wouter! I still had to negotiate the free toolbars . . .they`re everywhere! how many toolbars does a guy need?

""

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2080634 - 05/11/13 06:45 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: peterws]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: peterws
Maybe I`ve unearthed a bit of a problem here. Though it only seems I`m affected by it. (nothing new there)
Audacity will not convert to mp3 without a (free) plug in. But with this free plug in comes a free toolbar. And Lord knows what else .. .! I had to download (free) malware stuff to get rid of a load of unwanted "extras" last time I downloaded a "free" file converter. So I haven`t got one now!
Therefore I submitted an mp2. Is that near enough? (for classics)
I really don`t know the difference between an mp2 or mp3 nor do I bl**dy care. . . I might have to learn to lol . .The Day of the Free Lunch seems to be OVER!!

peterws - I listened to it - sounds good. So looks like your submission is fine.

Sam

#2080638 - 05/11/13 06:51 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Sam S]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Sam S
Maybe I`ve unearthed a bit of a problem here. Though it only seems I`m affected by it. (nothing new there)
Audacity will not convert to mp3 without a (free) plug in. But with this free plug in comes a free toolbar. And Lord knows what else .. .! I had to download (free) malware stuff to get rid of a load of unwanted "extras" last time I downloaded a "free" file converter. So I haven`t got one now!
Therefore I submitted an mp2. Is that near enough? (for classics)
I really don`t know the difference between an mp2 or mp3 nor do I bl**dy care. . . I might have to learn to lol . .The Day of the Free Lunch seems to be OVER!!

peterws - I listened to it - sounds good. So looks like your submission is fine.

Sam

Usually when you are installing a program (or plug in) there is an option to "not" install the toolbar when you are in the install program wizard. If it doesn't have one I search for the program (or plug in) from a different source.

#2080675 - 05/11/13 08:50 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Sam S]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
That`s good news Sam! Thanks for getting back to me!

""

#2080706 - 05/11/13 09:39 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: wouter79]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Originally Posted By: wouter79
Originally Posted By: SwissMS
peterws - Another possibility is, if you have uploaded the piece to Youtube, you can use one of the free Youtube to mp3 downloaders to get a mp3 file. Just google Youtube to mp3. That is what I did. http://www.youtube-mp3.org

I would avoid that route because it involves many conversion steps that degrade the audio heavily. Youtube itself is already too much down conversion, apart from the other steps you need.

Thanks for the info Wouter79. I downloaded Lame and did an mp3 from my video file and resubmitted.

#2080709 - 05/11/13 09:46 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Good to hear that it worked out smile

#2081111 - 05/12/13 12:09 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: peterws]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
peter, you shouldn't need a plugin with Audacity, just a library. The Audacity website (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq_i18n?s=install&i=lame-mp3) points you to this download page for the Lame library: http://lame1.buanzo.com.ar/. Don't click on the big green "Download" button! (This may be where you ran into problems with other downloads -- usually this is an advertisement, and it downloads all kinds of junk.) Rather, look for a link called Lame_v3.99.3_for_Windows.exe (I'm guessing you're using Windows), or Lame_Library_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_OSX.dmg (if you are using a Mac).

#2081478 - 05/12/13 05:03 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Mar_red - see you're in with "Bring Him Home", another beautiful song from "Les Miserables" (I'm in with "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables") - you might want to note that the lyrics for both are by Alain Boublil and Herbert Kretzmer...looking forward to hearing your rendition of this gem!

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2081518 - 05/12/13 06:39 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Sam S]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted By: Sam S

Don't be left out! I predict a flurry of activity this weekend.

Sam

I can't submit anything right now. Gee...am submitting to Ecco Fatto in the next week. I do have one piece of music. I mentioned to my teacher. I was so impressed with it. It's brilliance. My teacher decided it was wise to teach me it now. Even if it takes a year. She said: "If we have to. We'll work on it one bar at a time." I think she understands what motivation like this does to a person. So...if anyone can guess the song... I'll post it in the recital when I finish it...might take a year...
My changed title to it is: GAFGC.....the second G is an octave down

#2082024 - 05/13/13 05:49 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
UK Paul UK Offline

Loc: Berkshire, England
Well, i came back from a weeks holiday, had a horrendous day at work and then spent my first day back somehow scraping a performance out of the pollonaise in gm.... recorded on phone and now submitted. I felt so disheartened before, during and after my session today. However i now feel rather upbeat and ready to get back to serious practicing from tomorrow. So much more work is planned on the piece, but i promised i would pop my recital cherry and things will get better with time.

#2082110 - 05/13/13 08:46 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
woo hoo! after numerous attempts, i finally got a good one (i think!). too bad you can hear my upstairs neighbors footsteps =\

#2082115 - 05/13/13 08:53 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: ElleC]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Originally Posted By: ElleC
...too bad you can hear my upstairs neighbors footsteps =\

We'd have quite a performance if we compiled all the extraneous sound effects that have been recorded for recital pieces - the neighbor's lawnmower, the kids yelling, church bells, thunder, upstairs neighbors foorsteps laugh

Cathy

#2082117 - 05/13/13 08:59 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
1000 Post Club Member

looking forward to hearing all the submissions

#2082129 - 05/13/13 09:28 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: earlofmar]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: earlofmar

I was going to submit Prelude in C major but for the sake of variety, I submitted an Aria instead. Can't wait to hear your interpretation.

#2082164 - 05/13/13 10:44 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: ElleC]
1000 Post Club Member

I was going to submit Prelude in C major but for the sake of variety, I submitted an Aria instead. Can't wait to hear your interpretation.

Most considerate of you ElleC, I am glad you had a second piece to choose from. Perhaps we can hear your Prelude in C major in the piano bar soon?

#2082217 - 05/14/13 01:32 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: jotur]
UK Paul UK Offline

Loc: Berkshire, England
Originally Posted By: jotur
...too bad you can hear my upstairs neighbors footsteps =\

We'd have quite a performance if we compiled all the extraneous sound effects that have been recorded for recital pieces - the neighbor's lawnmower, the kids yelling, church bells, thunder, upstairs neighbors foorsteps laugh

Cathy

My second phone started vibrating at one point... can be heard on the recording and i hesitated .... but plowed through like a soldier ;-)

#2082262 - 05/14/13 03:37 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I recorded mine - haven't listened to it yet. I will submit it tomorrow. Hopefully i can remember how to create the sound only file. I do recall having installed some program in my computer to do that. If I cannot remember I will submit the video version to piano bar.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2082284 - 05/14/13 06:19 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: FarmGirl]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
I recorded mine - haven't listened to it yet. I will submit it tomorrow. Hopefully i can remember how to create the sound only file. I do recall having installed some program in my computer to do that. If I cannot remember I will submit the video version to piano bar.

FarmGirl, if you want, I can try to help.

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#2082290 - 05/14/13 06:35 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Ugh... deadline is today?!? Somehow I had the 15th in my head as the deadline, not as the day of the recital.

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2082326 - 05/14/13 08:53 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: earlofmar]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy

you can skip mine, seriously grin

#2082417 - 05/14/13 11:55 AM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: aTallGuyNH]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH
Ugh... deadline is today?!? Somehow I had the 15th in my head as the deadline, not as the day of the recital.

Nope, it's 9:00 Eastern Daylight Time. That gives you, oh, about 9 hours to record and upload a decent take... nothing like a little pressure, huh? crazy

#2082467 - 05/14/13 01:50 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
It's still tomorrow here in Europe. Plenty of time left laugh

#2082496 - 05/14/13 02:53 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Starr Keys Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Finally got mine in a week before finals week. Luckily with the kind of finals I have (singing and playing), this constitutes studying, but I still have to get more focused on what I actually need to do. So I stayed up all night getting my video and app done at the last minute. God only knows what kind of hieroglyphics will appear on my entry form as I was so blurry-eyed by the time I submitted the application, I could barely see. I figured I'd still have plenty of time to modify it after I got home from school, though. Unfortunately, although I remember copying the confirmation number to do this, I can't recall ever actually pasting it anywhere and can't find it, so I may be stuck with what I've got, unless, that is, Monica once again is gracious enough to take pity on me and email it to me. Sorry, Monica. I'll understand if you don't have time and I apologize to everyone in advance for any gibberish they may be forced to look at in my description. smile

#2082508 - 05/14/13 03:35 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Mines in. Now if I could only find my 117 digit magic code to update the description part I'll be set.

#2082550 - 05/14/13 04:50 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Starr Keys]
3000 Post Club Member

Did you guys check the email for the confirmation mail? The code is in there

#2082554 - 05/14/13 04:54 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Allard]
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Allard
It's still tomorrow here in Europe. Plenty of time left laugh

confused I'm wondering what that means crazy I guess I need to read up on Einstein

#2082570 - 05/14/13 05:22 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Sorry, confusing grammar. In Europe, the recital is tomorrow, not today. (Except that it's almost midnight now, but never mind that).

#2082581 - 05/14/13 05:46 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Allard]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Allard
Sorry, confusing grammar. In Europe, the recital is tomorrow, not today. (Except that it's almost midnight now, but never mind that).

Well, it is to day now , but still yesterday in the USA....

#2082599 - 05/14/13 06:15 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Starr Keys and hunky:

Check your private messages. I've sent you your magic codes. smile

#2082638 - 05/14/13 07:38 PM Re: Recital #30 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Picking a recording now.. with over an hour to go! Better than the 1 minute to go like last time!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
86 registered (a-z0-9, AndrewJCW, AZNpiano, Austin D, 20 invisible), 1281 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75473 Members
42 Forums
156050 Topics
2291480 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My fingers know what my brain has forgotten
by PatrickBl
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos
by Paul678
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music?
by Alex1
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
Fugue in b Minor
by Ritzycat
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Missing Pedal rods for Bramburg (1890-ish?)
by Paul678
Yesterday at 04:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission