Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
57 registered (AndyP, Anne H, Anticlock, 15 invisible), 1007 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#2082372 - 05/14/13 10:51 AM Why do I get so nervous??
carolinagirl Offline

This infuriates me no end. lol. I have been playing for about a month and have made good progress. I can play the beginning part of Fur Elise and it sounds wonderful. I can play a simplified version of 12th Street Rag too, as well as a bunch of songs from my lesson book. But if I try to play or someone else, it's like I never saw that music before in my life. I miss half the notes. I stumble over notes during my lessons that I KNOW. this is driving me nuts. How can I get over this stage fright? Thanks!

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2082374 - 05/14/13 10:54 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
I get nervous too; extremely nervous...

Just wait until you mess up in front of 2500 people. smile

Of course, I learned a valuable lesson... the art of recovery. smile

Rick

#2082377 - 05/14/13 10:59 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
carolinagirl Offline

I read once that if you hit a bad note it's better to play through it and not flinch but of course I can't do that.....I try the note again and that just makes the mistake even more noticable. Playing in front of 2500.....not gonna happen. ever. lol

#2082378 - 05/14/13 10:59 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Most of us suffer from nerves of one form or another. The ones with your teacher should gradually disappear; it's rare that I mess up any worse in my lesson than I do at home now.

In small "friendly" groups I'm getting better too. In front of bigger groups (not 2500!) I tend to still shake and memory can be a problem.

What do we do? Well, exposure helps. Deep breathing and relaxation help. But mostly we have to realize that we have to know a piece 25% better (I'm making the number up) to play it for someone else. If you don't really know it, all those little slips will just come right out.

You've been playing a month. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Kawai K3

#2082388 - 05/14/13 11:17 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Farmerjones Offline

Loc: USA
Think about reading aloud, or even speaking. Is what you say perfect in diction, grammar, sentence structure, etc? One typically corrects one's speaking without even knowing it. Now remember, you've spoken since shortly after birth. How long have you played piano, and you expect perfection? Personally, I want to be a bit better than I was yesterday. Actually, I wouldn't kick myself if I wasn't. Reason being, I trust time. It will get better, if you keep at it. Trust time.

Edited by Farmerjones (05/14/13 11:18 AM)

#2082394 - 05/14/13 11:24 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
rada Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: pagosa springs,co
Play the song 100 more times....knowing a piece extremely well puts you in the position of being a partner with the piano. You know your part now lets see what the piano has to offer.

My favorite quote I've picked up [ I believe from PW] is amateurs practice until they get it right whereas professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

SO much fun.

rada

#2082395 - 05/14/13 11:24 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Lost Woods Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Well known problem and big problem for me too..
What I do since a few days.. try to play for as many people as possible. Let them listen to you. Let their eyes burn through you. Get used to the situation... can't say if it helps, just began with it (with family members).

Playing piano and performing piano is a whole different situation. You need to have a very good focus on your playing. Listen to the music, play it.

Once I learned this pop song as a special surprise for my mom (one of her favourite "songs")... I went through it but my fingers where shaking and I've never been so nervous while playing piano. I think it's good too to let someone listen and pretend you play the piece special for them. Cause if you can do that, playing a piece in front of other people should be much less hard.

#2082401 - 05/14/13 11:32 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
carolinagirl Offline

these are all excellent ideas. I am glad to know it's pretty normal. My husband hears me play quite often, but I'll ask him to actually stand next to me and watch me play. It's funny....if someone is sitting on the porch or in the room and I know they are not concentrating on my playing (but can still hear it), I can play pretty well. It's only if I am actually playing FOR them that it becomes nearly impossible.

#2082407 - 05/14/13 11:41 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Michael_99 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada Alberta
carolinagirl, I have read your post, here:

This infuriates me no end. lol. I have been playing for about a month and have made good progress. I can play the beginning part of Fur Elise and it sounds wonderful. I can play a simplified version of 12th Street Rag too, as well as a bunch of songs from my lesson book. But if I try to play or someone else, it's like I never saw that music before in my life. I miss half the notes. I stumble over notes during my lessons that I KNOW. this is driving me nuts. How can I get over this stage fright? Thanks!

Some people can read a book while all sorts of things are going on around them. You are impressive playing Fur Elise after a month. I have been playing for a year and am probably 6 months or more months away from learning Fur Elise. If you opened book 1 of learning to play the piano, and you played those easy pieces while answering or talking on the phone, you would soon be able to play those pieces and the other pieces you learned while talking on the phone or someone watching you. If you are making food or diving a car or riding a bike, you can talk - the same for playing the piano - you need to have the experience. Obviously, if you learned to drive a car a month ago, you probably wouldn't be able to drive in 7 lanes of traffic in rush hour while talking and looking out the windows of the car. You would need more experience. So you can read and play the music as you are talking. It is likely you will make a few mistakes at first but gradually you will be able to read and play while talking for being watched.

Edited by Michael_99 (05/14/13 11:56 AM)

#2082413 - 05/14/13 11:47 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: Rickster]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By: Rickster
I get nervous too; extremely nervous...

Just wait until you mess up in front of 2500 people. smile

Of course, I learned a valuable lesson... the art of recovery. smile

Rick

Like Rick and you, I have this same problem. Unlike Rick, I haven't yet had the distinctive pleasure of doing this in front of 2500 people.

A few things helped me to begin to overcome this:

1. Ensuring I know every note in the piece, that I'm not just "brushing" them, but actually "playing" them. The more solidly I do this, the less my nerves can affect me.

2. Playing in public frequently, even if it's at a mall when they're showing pianos, or a Sam Ash on a digital. Anywhere you can go where people might be listening. Then, find your inner comfort zone.

3. Record yourself. When I'm recording, I know "this is the only take I'm going to get," and that ratchets up the nerves just like playing in public. Helps to practice in as similar a situation as possible, so you learn how to fight through it, or better yet, overcome it.

#2082471 - 05/14/13 01:56 PM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
You get nervous when you're not entirely confident about something; not just in music. As Derulux wrote, practising more lowers the chance that you mess up when you get nervous. But you'll still be nervous. On the other hand, playing in public frequently (and to a lesser extent, recording, since it's not entirely the same) takes the nerves away. After you played once for 2500 people - and performed well enough to feel more confident - the second time should be far easier.

#2082476 - 05/14/13 02:03 PM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
All very useful thoughts, above.

Know a piece about twice as well as you think you need to. Play in public as often as possible. And record yourself. Yep, yep and yep.

Once you've got all of that down ... remember that making mistakes is allowed.

Starting to play while reminding yourself that it's not forbidden to make a mistake will already ensure that you make less mistakes. And then, even if you do make a mistake, it's not the end of the world. It's the end of the world *to you*. But nine times out of ten, your audience won't even have noticed.

You are not a concert pianist participating in an international competition. And even those people are not entirely immune to flubs, though their flubs might be so minor as to be literally inaudible to most mere mortals, and they are probably much better at cover-ups than we are.

The point is: if you tell an engaging story with your music (or 'play with your soul', as someone recently said to me), it doesn't matter that you missed a couple notes. People forget minor details like that. But they remember the feeling you evoked in them. So focus on that.

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19, 25
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2082556 - 05/14/13 04:57 PM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Derulux
Like Rick and you, I have this same problem. Unlike Rick, I haven't yet had the distinctive pleasure of doing this in front of 2500 people.

Well, what I thought was a dream come true turned out to be a nightmare. In fact, I wrote a long story about it, with all the details here on PW a few years ago. Here is the thread if anyone cares to read it.

Not to be too wordy, or overbearing, but I know a lot of us at PW like a good read; we participate in PW to learn, to share and for general entertainment purposes.

Here is post I extracted from the archives about me messing up in front of 2500 people... some of you may have read it before, but I thought it would be interesting to those who have not.

The bottom line, as has been mentioned here, a lot of things can contribute to severe stage fright...

I was invited to perform the special music at my college graduation ceremony back in June, 2009. I was flattered to no end that they would ask me to perform at such an event. I had about 2 months to practice my song, (“Wind beneath my wings”). I practiced it and practiced it and practiced it some more and felt comfortable about my upcoming performance. Everybody that heard it told me how good it was and how much they enjoyed it.

A few weeks before the graduation, I got to practice on the 9 foot Kawai concert grand at the facility (a large church in the area) a few times. I thought I was all set. I was comfortable with my arrangement of the song and my playing and singing.

On the day of the graduation, (with an expected attendance of about 2500 people) I got to the church a couple of hours early and practiced some more. I felt really good about my pending performance. As a member of the faculty of the college, I had to march in with the faculty. While we were standing in line, a couple of the faculty members asked me what I would be performing and I told them ‘Wind beneath my wings”. They (two men) began to make jokes about my song. They were sarcastically singing “wind beneath my wig” and “you’re not my hero” to each other, like children, even though they were supposed to be educated professionals. Those silly comments by my colleagues really bothered me. In fact, it bothered me a lot, but I didn’t want to give them a piece of my mind at that moment; but the comments were even more detrimental to my nerves, my fear, and my performance anxiety.

Next, there was a quartet of professional musicians who were hired to play the marching music, “Pomp and circumstance” when the faculty and students were marching in and out. One played the violin, one the flute, one the cello and one the piano. They were very good musicians, by the way. And, for some reason I was extremely nervous to be competing with those professional musicians (even though it was not a competition, per-se). Plus, I was further intimidated because they were sitting so close to me when it was my time to perform. They were within arms length and I could just feel their eyes trained on me sizing me up and scrutinizing my musical ability to no end.

All this tension and excess anxiety that I was not expecting, more or less, got the best of me. In spite of all the practicing I had done and all my good intentions, I was as nervous as a cat. At the moment it was my time to perform, I was wishing I had declined the invitation to perform. The pressure was enormous. I thought to myself that I am too old and too poor of musician to put myself in this position. There I was, in font of all my colleagues, the president of the college, board of directors, local and state dignitaries, and community business leaders and all the graduates and their families. I began to feel really uncomfortable to the point of being nauseated and sick at my stomach.

As I made my way to the piano, through the maze of professional musicians, who had moved my microphone from where I had it to start with, and sat down at the concert grand, I was almost ready to have a heart attack! What was I doing there, I thought to myself. Why am I punishing myself this way, I thought to myself. Okay, it was my turn and all eyes were trained on me. There were TV cameras there and two large flat panel viewing screens for all to see. As I sat down at the magnificent concert grand piano and began to play, my wonderful introduction completely escaped me. I messed up immediately with the introduction. I thought to myself, O-my-God, I can’t believe this is happening!

Once I fumbled around with the failed introduction I was back on course and things seemed to be going a little better. I was trying to smile and act like I knew what I was doing. I tried to focus on my task at hand and my song that I had practiced probably hundreds of times. As I proceeded with the performance, things were a little better and the song was coming together and sounding pretty good, as far as I could tell. I remember cameras flashing and I would glance up at the huge monitor and see myself sitting at the piano. I knew I had to follow through and make the best of the situation. I kept thinking about those musicians sitting right behind me and next to me. I thought about how they must think I’m the worst musician they have ever heard, and what was I doing there. I thought to myself, O-my-God, I have screwed up in front of all my colleagues, administrators, graduates, and their families. While I was performing, I was fantasizing that I was crawling inside of a dark whole somewhere so no one could see me and I was at peace, and not under the immense pressure I was under. I thought about how my dream come true had suddenly become a nightmare.

As the performance continued, parts of it were good, as I had rehearsed it many times. Then, as my thoughts wondered and I lost my focus again, I missed a beat in the measure. Maybe someone who was not familiar with the song or music wouldn’t notice. But, I’ll bet those professional musicians sitting beside me noticed.

Anyway, the closer to the end of the performance I got, the better it sounded. The ending was much better than the beginning and I got a big round of applause from the audience. When the president of the college got up to introduce the guest speaker, he had some flattering words to say about me and my musical ability. So, the performance was not a total disaster.

What did I learn from the experience? The art of recovery from a musical fumble during a performance is just as important as the art of a flawless performance. Do nerves and anxiety play a role in a musical performance? Absolutely!

Sorry for the long post, but after I reread it, it did seem like a good read!!

Rick

Bottom line, I think you have to grow and mature into playing for a large audience… it is not something you jump right into… thing is, I had rehearsed my piece hundreds of times and thought I had it down pat… boy was I wrong. smile

Keep working at it and take advantage of every opportunity to play in front of others… it gets better (to some degree) with experience.

Rick

#2082560 - 05/14/13 05:03 PM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
dmd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
I have the same problem with "stage fright". But I have one piece that I can play with absolutely no stage fright ... Bach's Minuet in G ... and that is because I have continued to play it regularly for about 3 years now. I know that piece so well that I have absolutely nothing to be worried about. I rarely miss a note and can play it while talking to someone.

My point ?

Repetition is the key.

You have to know a piece so well that you hardly have to think at all when playing it.

Then "stage fright" will disappear.

I do not think there is any other solution.

Edited by dmd (05/14/13 05:04 PM)

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq 5

#2082680 - 05/14/13 09:23 PM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
blueston Offline

Loc: MA, USA
Several good comments here already. Here is another one I did not see yet.

Try to figure out if you are doing anything differently physically. You should strive to make practicing and performing as close to the same motor activity as possible.

If you are a recent beginner it may be a little too early to talk a lot about technique and weight, but try to observe if you play differently.

Are you pulling back, like you are afraid to touch the keys? This can happen if you are uncertain about what you are playing (kind of like speaking too softly when you are nervous). To compensate for that you could purposefully apply more weight from your arms/hands/finger onto the keys which might help you stay more solidly connected to the piano. In other words try to push each key all the way down until it bottoms out. It may help you feel more in control. However, don't overdo it either, otherwise you will create a different set of problems.

#2082762 - 05/14/13 10:30 PM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: Rickster]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By: Derulux

Well, what I thought was a dream come true turned out to be a nightmare. In fact, I wrote a long story about it, with all the details here on PW a few years ago. Here is the thread if anyone cares to read it.

Not to be too wordy, or overbearing, but I know a lot of us at PW like a good read; we participate in PW to learn, to share and for general entertainment purposes.

Here is post I extracted from the archives about me messing up in front of 2500 people... some of you may have read it before, but I thought it would be interesting to those who have not.

The bottom line, as has been mentioned here, a lot of things can contribute to severe stage fright...

I was invited to perform the special music at my college graduation ceremony back in June, 2009. I was flattered to no end that they would ask me to perform at such an event. I had about 2 months to practice my song, (“Wind beneath my wings”). I practiced it and practiced it and practiced it some more and felt comfortable about my upcoming performance. Everybody that heard it told me how good it was and how much they enjoyed it.

A few weeks before the graduation, I got to practice on the 9 foot Kawai concert grand at the facility (a large church in the area) a few times. I thought I was all set. I was comfortable with my arrangement of the song and my playing and singing.

On the day of the graduation, (with an expected attendance of about 2500 people) I got to the church a couple of hours early and practiced some more. I felt really good about my pending performance. As a member of the faculty of the college, I had to march in with the faculty. While we were standing in line, a couple of the faculty members asked me what I would be performing and I told them ‘Wind beneath my wings”. They (two men) began to make jokes about my song. They were sarcastically singing “wind beneath my wig” and “you’re not my hero” to each other, like children, even though they were supposed to be educated professionals. Those silly comments by my colleagues really bothered me. In fact, it bothered me a lot, but I didn’t want to give them a piece of my mind at that moment; but the comments were even more detrimental to my nerves, my fear, and my performance anxiety.

Next, there was a quartet of professional musicians who were hired to play the marching music, “Pomp and circumstance” when the faculty and students were marching in and out. One played the violin, one the flute, one the cello and one the piano. They were very good musicians, by the way. And, for some reason I was extremely nervous to be competing with those professional musicians (even though it was not a competition, per-se). Plus, I was further intimidated because they were sitting so close to me when it was my time to perform. They were within arms length and I could just feel their eyes trained on me sizing me up and scrutinizing my musical ability to no end.

All this tension and excess anxiety that I was not expecting, more or less, got the best of me. In spite of all the practicing I had done and all my good intentions, I was as nervous as a cat. At the moment it was my time to perform, I was wishing I had declined the invitation to perform. The pressure was enormous. I thought to myself that I am too old and too poor of musician to put myself in this position. There I was, in font of all my colleagues, the president of the college, board of directors, local and state dignitaries, and community business leaders and all the graduates and their families. I began to feel really uncomfortable to the point of being nauseated and sick at my stomach.

As I made my way to the piano, through the maze of professional musicians, who had moved my microphone from where I had it to start with, and sat down at the concert grand, I was almost ready to have a heart attack! What was I doing there, I thought to myself. Why am I punishing myself this way, I thought to myself. Okay, it was my turn and all eyes were trained on me. There were TV cameras there and two large flat panel viewing screens for all to see. As I sat down at the magnificent concert grand piano and began to play, my wonderful introduction completely escaped me. I messed up immediately with the introduction. I thought to myself, O-my-God, I can’t believe this is happening!

Once I fumbled around with the failed introduction I was back on course and things seemed to be going a little better. I was trying to smile and act like I knew what I was doing. I tried to focus on my task at hand and my song that I had practiced probably hundreds of times. As I proceeded with the performance, things were a little better and the song was coming together and sounding pretty good, as far as I could tell. I remember cameras flashing and I would glance up at the huge monitor and see myself sitting at the piano. I knew I had to follow through and make the best of the situation. I kept thinking about those musicians sitting right behind me and next to me. I thought about how they must think I’m the worst musician they have ever heard, and what was I doing there. I thought to myself, O-my-God, I have screwed up in front of all my colleagues, administrators, graduates, and their families. While I was performing, I was fantasizing that I was crawling inside of a dark whole somewhere so no one could see me and I was at peace, and not under the immense pressure I was under. I thought about how my dream come true had suddenly become a nightmare.

As the performance continued, parts of it were good, as I had rehearsed it many times. Then, as my thoughts wondered and I lost my focus again, I missed a beat in the measure. Maybe someone who was not familiar with the song or music wouldn’t notice. But, I’ll bet those professional musicians sitting beside me noticed.

Anyway, the closer to the end of the performance I got, the better it sounded. The ending was much better than the beginning and I got a big round of applause from the audience. When the president of the college got up to introduce the guest speaker, he had some flattering words to say about me and my musical ability. So, the performance was not a total disaster.

What did I learn from the experience? The art of recovery from a musical fumble during a performance is just as important as the art of a flawless performance. Do nerves and anxiety play a role in a musical performance? Absolutely!

Sorry for the long post, but after I reread it, it did seem like a good read!!

Rick

Bottom line, I think you have to grow and mature into playing for a large audience… it is not something you jump right into… thing is, I had rehearsed my piece hundreds of times and thought I had it down pat… boy was I wrong. smile

Keep working at it and take advantage of every opportunity to play in front of others… it gets better (to some degree) with experience.

Rick

Thanks for re-sharing that! It happened right in the middle of my hiatus, so I missed it the first time around. Despite the flub, you're able to say you got through it, and now you have one heck of a story for people about perseverance and overcoming nerves. smile

I let go of a weapon once performing a demonstration in front of about 500 of the most important martial artists in the US. I was asked because I had won the world championships that year with that same weapon. No matter how much experience you have, or how well you know something, flubs happen. The more mistakes I make, the more I realize: you just have to shrug it off, pick yourself up, and carry on.

#2082873 - 05/15/13 02:22 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California
But I Play Better At Home!

http://practisingthepiano.com/?p=2343

The problem is a combination of being nervous and falsely thinking we can play something a lot better than we actually can (recording and listening back to ourselves can help bridge this gap considerably, if not entirely).

Edited by Bobpickle (05/15/13 02:24 AM)

#2082983 - 05/15/13 08:43 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
carolinagirl Offline

My sincere thanks to all who contributed. There are some really great and useful comments here! I think I better understand the "why" and now I just need to put some of these ideas into practice and work through this.

#2082991 - 05/15/13 08:50 AM Re: Why do I get so nervous?? [Re: carolinagirl]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Do a search on this website for stage fright or performance anxiety. It has been covered at length and there's some very good info out there. Just keep in mind that it is a process and little by little you'll get better if you keep at it, reassessing after each performance how you did, what didn't work, what did. Knowing how you react when you play and teaching yourself to keep you focus on the music and not get distracted by the fact you are performing will get better if you are deliberate about it.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is Yelp reliable for evaluating piano stores?
by Le Chiffre
12/21/14 02:08 AM
Guide to Teaching
by Arghhh
12/21/14 12:39 AM
Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway
by nphase
12/20/14 10:24 PM
Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!!
by Piano_Brazil
12/20/14 09:19 PM
Rzewski: De Profundis
by pianoloverus
12/20/14 09:17 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160031 Topics
2350041 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission