Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2084196 - 05/17/13 02:17 PM Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum)
Emphursis123 Offline

I'm looking for the piano arrangement of 'The Worcestershire Suite' by Julius Harrison, that, according to Wikipedia at least, exists.

I've scoured the internet, but all I can find is that one recording of the orchestral version linked above, plus a couple of links to buy an album of his works.

Does anyone happen to have a copy tucked away in a dusty cupboard?

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#2084200 - 05/17/13 02:27 PM Re: Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum) [Re: Emphursis123]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Have you tried imslp? It's borderline, but there's a chance..

Found a copy in a google search:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Eys4AQA...p;q&f=false

You may have to purchase it. Not sure whether this exists in public domain (the original work is in that 50-70 year gray period after the death of the composer/author). But there is at least one copy circulating..

I glanced over the sheet.. not the easiest piece to learn by any stretch (particularly the later movements). You may need to jazz up some of it.. inner woodwind lines in the first movement weren't accounted for, etc. But it looks like a decent go at the suite..

Edited by Derulux (05/17/13 02:36 PM)

#2084206 - 05/17/13 02:35 PM Re: Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum) [Re: Emphursis123]
Emphursis123 Offline

Yep, already checked there but no joy.

EDIT: Just seen the additions to your post, thank you!

EDIT2: Am I being particularly daft, or is there no way to actually look at it from your link? You said you'd glanced over them, but I can't seem to work out how!

Edited by Emphursis123 (05/17/13 03:41 PM)

#2084297 - 05/17/13 04:23 PM Re: Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum) [Re: Emphursis123]
pianoloverus Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Probably the best place to try to find a transcription that's not at I'm Asleep is
http://www.pianophilia.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=11

Just make sure to ask for it on one of the already existing threads(do not start a new thread asking for a specific piece).

Edited by pianoloverus (05/17/13 04:24 PM)

#2084305 - 05/17/13 04:31 PM Re: Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum) [Re: Emphursis123]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By: Emphursis123
Yep, already checked there but no joy.

EDIT: Just seen the additions to your post, thank you!

EDIT2: Am I being particularly daft, or is there no way to actually look at it from your link? You said you'd glanced over them, but I can't seem to work out how!

Weird.. on my browser (Firefox), I can scroll through the entire thing. Opens like a google document would. If you're looking at the thumbnail, trying clicking preview or front cover.. should open it up.

#2084312 - 05/17/13 04:46 PM Re: Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum) [Re: Emphursis123]
Emphursis123 Offline

I don't have a preview option on the page you linked. If I add it to my 'to read' list, I can hover over it and there *is* an option to preview, but you can't click on it.

#2084533 - 05/18/13 02:55 AM Re: Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum) [Re: Derulux]
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
Originally Posted By: Derulux
Have you tried imslp? It's borderline, but there's a chance..

Found a copy in a google search:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Eys4AQA...p;q&f=false

You may have to purchase it. Not sure whether this exists in public domain (the original work is in that 50-70 year gray period after the death of the composer/author). But there is at least one copy circulating..

I glanced over the sheet.. not the easiest piece to learn by any stretch (particularly the later movements). You may need to jazz up some of it.. inner woodwind lines in the first movement weren't accounted for, etc. But it looks like a decent go at the suite..

I was able to download a pdf from that page. The copyright date was 1920, so it is public domain. I moved the pointer onto the red EBOOK-FREE box, and there was a Download PDF option there. That took me to a captcha screen, and I guess I got the letters right.

#2084708 - 05/18/13 11:35 AM Re: Looking for some sheet music (sorry if wrong forum) [Re: Emphursis123]
Emphursis123 Offline

It says 'No ebook available' for me.

I think I know why though, you all seem to be from the US, whilst I'm from the UK, so maybe the ebook isn't available here.

Any chance you could PM me the pdf?

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
10/21/14 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
10/21/14 02:28 PM
Maurizio Pollini at Carnegie Hall
by Works1
10/21/14 12:53 PM
Steinway event
by Radio.Octave
10/21/14 11:18 AM
Some Questions About "Piano Magic"
by newbert
10/21/14 10:58 AM
Who's Online
143 registered (alfredo capurso, ajames, accordeur, 39 invisible), 1714 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76608 Members
42 Forums
158400 Topics
2326069 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission