2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (bcalvanese, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, 13 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
imyself Offline OP
OP Offline
i just buy VI Labs True Keys, (i fall in love with) but i do not see any (or i miss them) existing standard presets as there is for Galaxy VD, Ivory Italian, or Pianoteq ...

i absolutely don't know how to well settle : release volume, key noise, resonance volume,etc...

if someone may help me,
by advance,
thank you

Kawai VPC1/Synthogy American D/Pianoteq 5 Pro/Galaxy Vintage D

"Remember to take the time ... before time takes you"
V
V
Hello imyself. I happened to be working on some things related to this forum and noticed your post pop up.

I'd be happy to help you configure presets. We tried to make True Keys so easy to use that simply opening it get most people the sound they're looking for, but if you're looking for a certain type of sound I'm happy to help you dig in.

e-mail me at ryan@vilabsaudio.com and we'll get you all taken care of.

Thanks for purchasing True Keys! We appreciate your business.

imyself Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Ryan, i have send you a email

Here is the email i send:

Hello,

First, let me tell you:
I think you have with True Keys, finally found a way to restore the very essence of the piano ... and this is not a compliment that I make, but a simple fact that you have succeeded where almost all others have only get closer...

The reason that leads me to ask what could be the best settle for the perfect features, the same that I actually find up in your demos, and that reminded me of what really is the sound of a piano ... is that: while having the chance to have what is called in French "musical ear" ,
I think she is "polluted" to have, for many recent years, (*) per bond, exclusively used virtual piano sounds, and getting used to the settings certainly imperfect, that I do.

(*) I must explain that I am in the physical impossibility to go "refresh" my ears in a piano shop ...

I think i just now realize that i just have to load any of the three piano, put a reverb (i found it now), and that's it...

My only regret is that, because of True Keys, I fear that i walk me away from a long-time friend who was still yesterday, my best companion.
So, my dear VD, thank you for all these years in your wonderful company. You are the best...
(euh! sorry to say that: not anymore in front of True Keys wink

All my compliments for this wonderful work you do with True Keys.
I sincerely wishes that everyone realize that you have made, on today, the perfect piano sound.

Regards

PS: I do not take the time to go through google translate, and it is, I admit, an error on my part, which can lend to a misinterpretation of my words. I use google translate here smile

[/quote]

H
H
Hi imyself, congrats on your purchase! Nice to see another happy True Keys owner here.

I've used True Keys extensively in the past months, with the American Grand being my favourite of the three pianos. As I always use headphones for playing, I prefer to use the player perspective without any of the other microphone positions mixed in.

Of course, sound is subjective and the standard settings on the pianos indeed sound very good.
But my general recommendation for you is to try increasing the resonance volume above the standard setting. You don't need to be afraid to put it on the maximum setting - in contrast to the Vintage D the resonance on all the True Keys Pianos still sounds very nice and natural when increased to maximum. Definitely not more than I experience when I practice on a real grand (a Bluethner in my case).
Also, if your computer can handle it, you can put the "custom polyphony" and "harmonic polyphony" settings to the max, to prevent note dropout and get the most realistic sympathetic resonance.

Hope you enjoy your new virtual pianos for a long time to come!

Pianist & Composer.
Steingraeber & Söhne C-212 CF, Kawai Novus NV10
VI Labs Ravenscroft, True Keys: Pianos; Garritan CFX Concert Grand, Synthogy Ivory II
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKuqH6G1C9TuJosOx1dXaQ
https://holgerstiefpiano.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/holgerstiefpiano
imyself Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Aeons Holle
Hi imyself, congrats on your purchase! Nice to see another happy True Keys owner here.

I've used True Keys extensively in the past months, with the American Grand being my favourite of the three pianos. As I always use headphones for playing, I prefer to use the player perspective without any of the other microphone positions mixed in.

Of course, sound is subjective and the standard settings on the pianos indeed sound very good.
But my general recommendation for you is to try increasing the resonance volume above the standard setting. You don't need to be afraid to put it on the maximum setting - in contrast to the Vintage D the resonance on all the True Keys Pianos still sounds very nice and natural when increased to maximum. Definitely not more than I experience when I practice on a real grand (a Bluethner in my case).
Also, if your computer can handle it, you can put the "custom polyphony" and "harmonic polyphony" settings to the max, to prevent note dropout and get the most realistic sympathetic resonance.

Hello Aeons Holle,

thank you for the tips...

in fact, my question was only the value of Keys Noise which are off by default, it seems that the "good" of the original adjustment is set to 0dB.

personally i only use the presets with "registered name" of each instrument. they are "heavy" presets, but how wonderful !!!

PS: I hope to soon buy a VPC1 or CA 65 ...

Regards

Last edited by imyself; 06/03/13 01:09 PM.

imyself Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Aeons Holle

Definitely not more than I experience when I practice on a real grand (a Bluethner in my case).

Re,

your ears are,without any doubt, certainly use to real piano sound, i have follow your tip, and you are right for the player position.
i just prefer use TK Piano in Cubase and use it with a reverb of my choice

Thank you,

Regards

PS: if you often use headphones, you maybe know this plugin: http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-isonesurround/

you will like it.

H
H
Actually I didn't know this one... thanks for the tip!
I remember dabbling with a plugin of Reaper called ReaSurround on recommendation of a member here (think it was Temperament), but didn't really get satisfying results with headphones.
And later with the True Keys player perspectives I was happy enough, so I didn't further investigate in surround simulation plugins.
But I will definitely check that one out!

Pianist & Composer.
Steingraeber & Söhne C-212 CF, Kawai Novus NV10
VI Labs Ravenscroft, True Keys: Pianos; Garritan CFX Concert Grand, Synthogy Ivory II
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKuqH6G1C9TuJosOx1dXaQ
https://holgerstiefpiano.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/holgerstiefpiano

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission