2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Everything is OK except when I select the value up button and some of the others but not all, there's a slight delay then a very audible click like a relay switching.

It's not a major problem but I just wondered if any other MP6 users are having the same issue, it doesn't happen while actually playing only when selecting buttons but not all of them.

Is this a fault or nothing to worry about?

Cheers

Martin

Last edited by MFBlueFly; 06/18/13 11:09 AM.

Cheers

Martin
M
OP Offline
M
Well, it turns out it's just the buttons sticking then slowly releasing and popping back up causing the click, it sounded like it was inside the unit but I actually noticed the one button do it so it'll probably give over time, hopefully.

Panic over, all's well. :o)

Cheers

Martin

Cheers

Martin
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Martin, to be honest, the buttons shouldn't stick - they should go down and pop-up immediately after being released.

If the buttons on your MP6 are sticking, I'd contact the dealer and ask them to send a replacement instrument.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for your reply James.

I would ask for a replacement but it's such a pain lugging these things back and forth.

I recently traded my Korg Krome 88 for a Korg SV1 which turned out faulty so I ask for a brand new Kawai MP6, which I now have however there are some issues which I should address as the right side isn't seated correctly and the action seems misaligned, however saying all that it plays well and sounds great so I'm reluctant to keep changing as knowing my luck I'll end up with a right lemon.

Do you think Kawai would just send an engineer out to check it over?

Cheers

Martin

Cheers

Martin
I believe some retailers will sent a new board together with the Fedex (or whatever delivery company they use) paperwork to ship the damaged product back. Definitely worth giving them a call and seeing how the ground lies.

As for an engineers visit, this really depends on Kawai America's policy, however given that the board arrived with damage, I expect they will recommend you send the board back to the store and request a replacement.

Kind regards,
James
x

M
OP Offline
M
Sorry James should have said I live in the UK.

I have emailed UK support so I'll wait and see what they say, what worries me is I'm the sort of bloke who always does the wrong thing which is why I'm hesitant about returning this one cus it just plays so good and there's no key clicking or anything like that with the action, as this issues don't effect the playability I'm thinking should I just live with it.

Decisions, decisions....... :o(

I'll let you know what UK Support says and what I decide to do.

Thanks for your input James, much appreciated.

Cheers

Martin

Cheers

Martin
Ah, sorry...I'm not sure why I assumed you were based in the US.

But yes, definitely drop the UK technical support chap a line and ask what they recommend. It could be that the MP6 just needs to be opened-up and have a few bits and pieces reseated.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
James
x

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I wish you good luck with this, too, Martin. It's worth adding that, contacting the dealer as soon as you realize there's a problem, is better than letting too much time go by--- though it's a fact, repacking and hauling a big keyboard back for exchange is a chore. In some cases, there's a pretty short window in which retailers will accept a product for exchange, as short as 30 days for some of them.

I don't know how the local dealer will prefer to resolve it, but Kawai is very good about making things right. One reason they might prefer to exchange the unit, is so they can see with their own eyes what went wrong. You may not be expected to transport it to the dealer. Sometimes a return carton is shipped to the customer, along with the maker's RMA paperwork. Once packed, the shipping company will pick it up at your residence.

Clef

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Jeff

I have contacted Kawai UK via email so just waiting on that but I will also contact the dealer today.

I sometimes wonder if I'm just not destined to get a piano that is as it should be without any issues, if it wasn't for this casing issue and the sticking buttons this piano would be perfect.

The dealer is good and will pick it up but I have to have them come to my work place so I have to pack up the keyboard shove it in my car and transport to work then swap it when the courier arrives then lug the new one home again, unpack it, set it up all over again and these things ain't light. If I could just get an engineer to call and sort it at home I'd be well happy.

Oh well, suppose I better get on and sort it out.

Cheers

Martin

Cheers

Martin
M
OP Offline
M
Just an update, kawai uk contacted the dealer and is arranging a replacement unit.

Emailed Sunday, responded to me Monday and should have a replacement by the end of the week.

Excellent service Kawai.

Cheers

Martin

Cheers

Martin
Good stuff, thanks for the update.

Fingers crossed the replacement board is not damaged during shipping...

Cheers,
James
x

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission