Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 160 of 228 < 1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 227 228 >
Topic Options
#2101860 - 06/13/13 08:32 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
It felt so free and light and smooth - THIS IS what is is all about. A rare and wonderful (and I pray to be repeated) moment!

Yay! It's these moments that make all the hard work and study so rewarding. Congratulations Cas .

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2101890 - 06/13/13 09:57 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Saranoya]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Originally Posted By: Saranoya
...The fact that I can *never* play the same way for someone else as I know I can play when I'm alone, is a major frustration to me...
Me too! I dream of the day when I can just immerse myself in the music and ignore anyone that happens to be listening!

Originally Posted By: sinophilia
... I'm in the middle of most of my pieces, the worst part, when I know the notes but I have to start speeding up and everything falls apart...
If you figure out the magic formula for this awkward phase, let me know. I do the same thing!

Originally Posted By: Palpirate
...Much better yesterday and did a good 2 1/2 hrs. Now i am on track again and feel like i am master of my own domain.,,
Sorry you were under the weather. 2 1/2 hours is a really good practice!

Originally Posted By: yester
hen Schumann first publishes his album for the young he originally wanted to publish his company rules and maxim (in english called "advice to young musicians" ) together with the notes. He wanted his album to be pedagogical.
- I am enjoying all the background on pieces that you have provided. It makes the music so much more personal!

Originally Posted By: dynamobt
I too am very impressed at how people keep track of what other people are doing
- Don't worry about trying to keep up with comments to everyone. I do it when I have time, and at other times I am only able to reply to a few. It is not expected, and we all do what we can.

Originally Posted By: torquenale
My AOTW is that I'm slowly and lazily starting again to practice something "serious" (another Bach dance from the French suite in E)
Isn't it great to get started on a new project? Bach is always good for a challenge!

Originally Posted By: ElleC
...also, 2 of my coworkers now want to learn to play the piano when they found out i was taking lessons...
It is great that you inspired others to consider playing piano! You could have a piano club!

Originally Posted By: warlock214
Well I have two AOTW. I successfully learned to play Gavotte* and the English Folk Song.
Learning two new songs is an achievement. Will we get to hear them in recital or piano bar?

Originally Posted By: Wisebuff
My achievement is working through the first section of the Mozart Viennese Sonatina #1...
That is a very pretty piece. Mozart is never easy!

Originally Posted By: Casinitaly
...I was playing without any tension what so ever, with dynamics as I would like to have them, using the pedal effectively with my fingertips lightly dancing over the key, as in a dream.

It felt so free and light and smooth - THIS IS what is is all about. A rare and wonderful (and I pray to be repeated) moment!
Ah, this is what it is all about! Congratulations for feeling that flow! I think as adult amateurs we have a hard time letting go of the self judging or the fear of making mistakes, and just play uninhibited. It must have been a wonderful feeling to be so one with the music.

Originally Posted By: Farmgirl
I have been practicing everyday on my company's Yamaha grand.
- I think it is fantastic that your company has a grand piano that you can practice on while you are at headquarters. That is a pretty nice perk!

Originally Posted By: rnaple
My teacher, in her wisdom, has encouraged me to work on a piece that I really love.
I know what you mean about getting excited when you start a piece that you love that seems just out of reach!

Originally Posted By: Plowboy
Tonight was my school's annual recital. Me and 30 8 year-olds! I had a biff early in my Prelude in C, but after I got that out of the way, settled down and it went well.
Congratulations on your recital! I think I would be pretty intimidated by 30 8 year olds!

And on to my AOTW! My piano party is going to happen July 7th! My teacher proposed it to her other adult students and they were excited about it. It sounds like we will have four to six "players" and their significant others. Fun!! This will be my warm up for the European piano party, I guess!

My other AOTW is that the Arabesque is ready for recording. My teacher said my assignment for the week is to record it and send it to her. I'm sure there will be some tweaking after that, but at least she considers it "ready"!

#2102065 - 06/13/13 04:27 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
SwissMs,

Don't forget....we want pictures of your piano party grin! (and that goes double for you EPP folks too!!!)

Are you having your teacher there? We have done it without ours both times, at her suggestion, so that everyone can play relaxed and not feel like it is part of their lesson...not to mention that she would essentially be adding unpaid work to her schedule.

My AOTW is getting back into full swing after a week of post-recital kind-of-goofing-off-but-still-practicing-every-day funk. Had a good lesson on Tuesday and have a new piece to add to the Scriabin. It is another beautiful melodic piece from MacDowell's Forgotten Fairytales suite. My teacher said it is a lot easier than my last MacDowell, just harder to read (six flats). Funny, I don't seem to mind keys like Gb-major too much....just keep reminding myself that there's only one note that is not flattened. First sight it looks pretty easy, probably be giving me fits in a week or two. smile

Estonia L190 #7284

#2102092 - 06/13/13 05:16 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
SwissMS, getting your Arabesque polished up ready to record is great ! Will we hear it?

Your piano party is just 1 week before the EPP ... you will be in good form!

Jim, glad to hear you are feeling back on track. Your MacDowell piece sounds challenging... what is it called (I like to google pieces folks are playing to hear what they are like!)

(Edited to add: um..right, it is in your signature line !!!)

I went to the kids' recital tonight - I wanted to hear 2 of the students I've chatted with over the past year.
They did really well. I saw my former teacher and had a nice chat, and 2 of her students played pieces I'd introduced to her! Rag-time do-si-do, and Sneakin' Round. It was really funny to listen to pieces I know so well.

Edited by casinitaly (06/13/13 05:18 PM)
Edit Reason: not being observant.

#2102255 - 06/14/13 12:33 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
JumF - I am going to learn McDowell piece called Wild Rose! I heard its a great piece for weddings. I believe most of the girls have hidden / not-so-hidden wild side to them. Besides his music is very beautiful. One of my piano friends played it in the last studio. Do you have a publisher that you can recommend for this?

Cheryl - sounds like you had a good time ? at the kid's recital. Is it a bit awkward to see your former teacher?
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2102270 - 06/14/13 02:19 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: FarmGirl]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
JumF - I am going to learn McDowell piece called Wild Rose! I heard its a great piece for weddings. I believe most of the girls have hidden / not-so-hidden wild side to them. Besides his music is very beautiful. One of my piano friends played it in the last studio. Do you have a publisher that you can recommend for this?

Cheryl - sounds like you had a good time ? at the kid's recital. Is it a bit awkward to see your former teacher?

No, it wasn't actually. It was fine.
I sat beside her and when I exclaimed "Oh!" for the 2 pieces that I play (and which I had introduced to her - I gave her copies of 2 or 3 of the books as a gift) we laughed together. We had a chat afterwards too. It was very pleasant.

#2102322 - 06/14/13 07:21 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Ya know, cas? I think teachers consider it the height of their achievement to see their students who have outgrown them. That's what it's all about for a teacher. Congratulations that you can experience this with your teacher.

My teacher was on vacation. Started again yesterday. She had given me a bunch to do. I had a bunch of technical and other problems that blew up. Like my teacher said: It's good it happened while she was away. Didn't waste lessons. So true.
I played those 6 bars for her from Shindler's List. She was stunned. She said I got it all, the dynamics, the mood, I got it. She then asked about the left hand. I told her it was horrifying. She said to work on the right hand for the rest of the page. She wants to hear that out of me for next week. I think she knows it will get to me and make me really want to fill in with the left hand after that. She really knows what she's doing. She also wants me to look forward to going through the higher levels of this same piece. Go look for what is listed as the Original version. That is the top toughest level. I haven't found one listed that way yet for piano. Found Orchestra versions. Not piano. Need to find it.

#2102364 - 06/14/13 09:14 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
went to the kids' recital tonight - I wanted to hear 2 of the students I've chatted with over the past year.
They did really well. I saw my former teacher and had a nice chat, and 2 of her students played pieces I'd introduced to her! Rag-time do-si-do, and Sneakin' Round. It was really funny to listen to pieces I know so well.

Sounds like fun cas, I have also intro'ed my teacher to pieces from my supplemental books that they went on to teach others grin. Something similar occurred this past lesson but I'll save it for my own AOTW later. yippie

#2102368 - 06/14/13 09:20 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
My AOTW is getting back into full swing after a week of post-recital kind-of-goofing-off-but-still-practicing-every-day funk.

I find those short GOBSPEDFs (is that anything like gob smacked?)refreshing after a period of stress no matter the cause. Glad to see you're back on track. smile

#2102381 - 06/14/13 09:33 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Ragdoll]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Something similar occurred this past lesson but I'll save it for my own AOTW later.

No AOTW with my current pieces except steady progress on both. My real AOTW is that I took one of my supplemental books to my lesson and loaned it to my teacher. We have disagreed in the past as to what I would study next and she has been gracious to allow me to pick them lately. SO anyways, she will pick from this book my next study. This is a Gershwin collection and although I do have a preference I'll take on whatever she picks out for me... and I do hope it's not something too lively eek but maybe something like Summertime or Embraceable You for starters smile

#2102397 - 06/14/13 10:17 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

I survived my NY trip! Yay! I'm on my way back home. My piano, puppies and hubby are waiting for me:) I have a week until my next trip to UK. Ok now I have to turn it off. Flying soon.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2102553 - 06/14/13 03:45 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Toastie Offline

Loc: UK
It's Friday night and I am going to spend it with my piano and my cat, which is, in my opinion, the best way to spend an evening. I just looked at the comments in my lesson book and it says "you are playing really well". This had made me extraordinarily happy. I am as motivated by praise as any small child!!!
Grade 1 Sight Reading - finished
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
The Easy Piano Collection Classical Gold
Yamaha U3

#2102729 - 06/15/13 01:35 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
ATOW this week was just to get through it and still keep practicing piano. Week before last I bumped my head and didn't notice I had broken the skin (it was in my eyebrow) which became infected and started to worry me. I trip to the doctor and before I knew it I was in hospital with nothing but my music books (I had just been for my lesson). 24 hours later and with a large amount of antibiotics in my system I was released relieved to get back home to get some practice in. Half my face is swollen up and my eye half closed but that hasn't stopped me getting a few hours in each day.

#2102773 - 06/15/13 04:15 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: earlofmar]
Toastie Offline

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: earlofmar
ATOW this week was just to get through it and still keep practicing piano. Week before last I bumped my head and didn't notice I had broken the skin (it was in my eyebrow) which became infected and started to worry me. I trip to the doctor and before I knew it I was in hospital with nothing but my music books (I had just been for my lesson). 24 hours later and with a large amount of antibiotics in my system I was released relieved to get back home to get some practice in. Half my face is swollen up and my eye half closed but that hasn't stopped me getting a few hours in each day.

I really love the dedication here! You poor thing, hope your face gets better soon, so impressed you are still practising!
Grade 1 Sight Reading - finished
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
The Easy Piano Collection Classical Gold
Yamaha U3

#2102777 - 06/15/13 04:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Ouch, earlofmar!

Make sure to keep the wound as clean and dry as you possibly can. Change the bandage regularly (though I've been told it's better to leave it open to the air as much as possible when you're in a clean and safe environment, provided that there isn't any discharge going on). If you've been given oral anti-biotic pills, definitely take them regularly and all. And get all the rest your body tells you to!

I'm sure one or more doctors already told you all of this. It bears repeating, though. I've been down the road you are on twice in the last year, and both times, it wasn't exactly a fun ride. I hope this clears up soon. My thoughts are with you!

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmüller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19, 25
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2102789 - 06/15/13 05:46 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks guys, yes I am making sure I do all the right things, can't be too careful.

#2102792 - 06/15/13 06:06 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: earlofmar]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
earlofmar, that sounds awful! It must have been quite and infection if they kept you in the hospital! Here is to a speedy recovery. Enjoy distraction with the piano while you are on the mend!

Edited by SwissMS (06/15/13 06:08 AM)
Edit Reason: sometimes I just cannot spell correctly!

#2102824 - 06/15/13 09:07 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Ragdoll - glad your teacher is working with you now. There is so much material available, it is great she is opening up to new stuff!

Toastie- sounds like a great evening - and how great to see positive comments in your book!

FarmGirl - welcome home!

Earlofmar --- ouch!!!! That sounds like a nasty experience! Do take care of yourself!

#2102851 - 06/15/13 10:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
I love to read this thread but I can't give an individual comment to every achievement... Sorry about that and congratulations everyone.

Just to say that I was in the audition for the contest that my company is organizing.

Well, the ambiance was like "America got talent" or similar, and I wasn't expecting something so "serious". There was a small stage and 3 judges: the HR director of my company - he's pianist -, the administrator of the largest concert hall in Lisbon - he's who organizes the largest and the best music concerts in Portugal -, and the last winner of the Portuguese "America got talent" - yes, we have a contest like this, too. They are who will decide the 3 finalists. And, I saw some staff guys beyond a sound table and a cameraman surrounding the stage and some other people in the audience.

After presenting myself I asked If I could play something before starting playing "Indaco". I explained that It's not easy to play an acoustic piano at 11AM without doing a warming up... They accepted and I play 2 or 3 minutes of "Life" - the piece I'm working on -, and I felt it was my day. The piano had a celestial sound, perfect for "Indaco". I was relaxing.
Then, I play the version I did of "Indaco". I made two or three imperceptible errors, but I was concentrated and I was really enjoying my playing. The cameraman was surrounding me which was a little bit annoying, but I was doing my job. At the end I ear enthusiastic applauses. I wasn't expecting that...

Now, among various, the most interesting comments:
- The administrator of concerts was the first to speak: "How many years did you studied in the Conservatory?" Note: The Conservatory of Lisbon is the most important high school of arts in the country. I said: "None. I'm a self learner since December 2009.". He wasn't believing. He said that I had born with "natural talent".

- The HR director asked: "Why did you entered in this contest?... Because I can fell you play for your own enjoyment; it's like an intimidated playing.". I said: "Just because I love to play and I wouldn't miss the opportunity to have a professional video of me playing."

- The portuguese "America got talent" star: he was amazed... He asked again what was the theme and the composer and how could I play with such dynamics without having a teacher and only with 3 years of work... He was interested about the steps I do in order to achieve such level. Well, frankly I explained that I just like to play and that it's all about work and dedication. He was impressed.

So, I think I was fine. It was not my best interpretation because I'm not use to play in acoustics and the atmosphere was more serious than I could guess. I don't know If I will pass to finals - I don't know the other 11 competitors -, but, at least, I won a beautiful BIC pen with the logo of the company. Let's wait for the results.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2102856 - 06/15/13 10:54 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Carlos - what a fantastic experience - and such great feedback! wow! You must be feeling pretty content!

Best wishes for the final results - but congratulations on how well you have done so far - you've already got a lovely accomplishment under your belt!

#2102860 - 06/15/13 11:08 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
CarlosCC - I love following your story! You made me grin this morning smile

Cathy

#2102939 - 06/15/13 02:50 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
yester Offline

Wow CarlosCC, congratulations! I think you won’t forget this pure happiness feeling for the rest of your life, great!

And Earlofmar - hope your job isn’t being a model, in this case I fear you will be out of engagement for a while... All jokes aside I hope your injury is healing fast and you are not to much pain-bothered. Get well soon!

#2102943 - 06/15/13 02:57 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: rnaple]
yester Offline

Originally Posted By: rnaple

I played those 6 bars for her from Shindler's List. She was stunned. She said I got it all, the dynamics, the mood, I got it.

wow a really nice AOTW! Think this is the nicest guerdon for hard work someone can achieve!

#2102945 - 06/15/13 03:01 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Gee earlofmar.... Odd how little things like that can blow up into something serious. Best of luck.

Oh Carlos... Congratulations! Interesting being in a competition like that.

That's a good way to spend an evening, Toastie. Enjoying the journey.

Ragdoll.....Hope your teacher choses something you want.

FarmGirl.... You're racking up those frequent flier miles, aren't you?

#2102992 - 06/15/13 05:13 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Cheryl - Yes, it was a great experience. Mostly because I'm not a competitive guy but I realized that I was indeed in a competition. I'm feeling content, the comments are always important, but I don't care about the results. I fell pretty confident after this audition - my first audition ever, and the first time I was on a "real" stage playing for someone - and that's a good reward.

Cathy - "My" piano story is mostly done here in PW. Today, was only an episode to remember later. I feel more confidence talking and playing for you than playing for 3 strangers that I don't know nothing. Just because I feel that, here, we "grow" together in this adventure and we can enjoy the progress and the achievements of each other. For me, that's more significant than to be "evaluated" for others that don't know nothing about us. That's the reason I will keep telling the story for you.

yester and rnaple - Thanks! It's a moment to remember later. For sure!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2103038 - 06/15/13 08:17 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I haven't posted here in a while, but I had a really nice experience on Friday that I wanted to share.

I'm currently in Minneapolis (I've been here for over a week, since a friend of mine got married. I plan to leave in the next day or two). My host has a Yamaha GH1 that hadn't been tuned in probably 10 years at least, so I tuned it, and it's actually a decent enough piano for its size, but on Friday, I went to Schmitt Music to get my fix on a better piano. They were very nice and told me to play all I wanted, so I played a bit, until I realized that a kids recital was starting.

I sat in on it and listened to all the kids play, and tried to imagine myself up on the stage playing, in order to simulate the experience. Then when the kids were all done, I went up on the stage and played a bit while the people were milling around. The recital piano was a short Boston grand that was dreadfully out of tune (very surprising for a recital piano), and I left the recital room and started playing on a GORGEOUS Kawai RX-6.

A woman, who was apparently waiting for her son to finish his guitar lesson, came and started listening to me play, and then talking to me. She told me she had just started taking piano lessons about 10 months ago. I asked if she wanted to hear my favorite piece, and she said yes, so I played the G minor ballade, and it was probably my best "performance" of it yet (as far as minimizing nerves and staying in control go). When I was finished, she didn't say anything, but just came up to me and gave me a hug. It was such a sweet gesture, and I don't think I'll ever forget it. I guess that qualifies for an AOTW smile
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#2103094 - 06/15/13 10:44 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
1000 Post Club Member

CarlossCC & Sam Rose - both very uplifting stories, so pleased you shared them with us

#2103131 - 06/16/13 12:35 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sand Tiger Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Congratulations to CarlosCC. Oowie for Earlofmar. Sam Rose, in your honor, a group hug for all of the AOTW tribe. Cheers.

Week 66: I attend a concert, Ceora Winds, a chamber music ensemble featuring bassoon, flute and clarinet.

Most of my piano week is spent on composition. I bought a printer for the computer. It seems to help, but having a lot more paper around is a downside. The new piece is close to its potential. My critical mind tells me that it isn't much. However, it is a step forward. It will be my first composition with original lyrics and piano music. It is also writing to a title, which isn't always so easy. Now if I could only sing (and then sing and play).

#2103157 - 06/16/13 02:45 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

CarlosCC - A star was born! It's such a fantastic experience. Congratulations playing your compositions too! I concur with the director that you are born with natural talent.

SamRose - congratulations for yet another successful performancs. It's wonderful that you could move people by your music, i mean, you reach out to people's hearts through your performance. That must be an unforgettable experience.

#2103158 - 06/16/13 02:47 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Earlofmar - hope you get better soon.

Page 160 of 228 < 1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 227 228 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (ABC Vermonter, 36251, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1309 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75609 Members
42 Forums
156343 Topics
2296253 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha P-85 closer to a Grand Piano action than any Upright!
by Paul678
08/01/14 07:22 PM
Do someone have a Sciortino Insta-COILER
by Olek
08/01/14 06:55 PM
Buying used piano for school district - need advice/cautions
by ChoralScholar
08/01/14 05:34 PM
Help with a leg!
by igirl
08/01/14 04:53 PM
Have you had to fire your piano teacher? Why?
by alans
08/01/14 04:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission