2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (benkeys, 1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 162 of 540 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 539 540
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
How lovely to play your own composition and get compliments on it Sand Tiger! Malkin - stickers Yay! yippie

T
T
Sorry have been busy this week and not been around much, so lots to catch up on. My achievement isn't really an achievement it's more of an event... The piano is being delivered tomorrow after work. It's only 4pm, but I'm tempted to go to bed now, so the time will pass faster. At half past four tomorrow (24 and a half hours) the piano will be in my house.

Had one of those lessons that happens occasionally where you just talk and it's actually more beneficial than trying to play at that particular time.

Complete Beginner August 2012
'Play Piano' Book 1 - finished
'Play Piano' Book 2 - finished
Grade 1 Sight Reading - finished
Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
The Easy Piano Collection Classical Gold
Yamaha U3
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
OOOOOOH Piano is arriving!!! I'm excited for you Toastie!!!!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Toastie
Had one of those lessons that happens occasionally where you just talk and it's actually more beneficial than trying to play at that particular time.

I love those lessons!

Chris

Playing since May 02 2009
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
The Slurs piece p23 and The Old Mill Wheel p25 of Aaron book 1 -are small pieces, kept me on my toes, but made for good music for the ears.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EdwardianPiano
I had my piano lesson and my teacher said my sight reading has really improved and my timing- said whatever I have been doing is working and to keep at it! Part of it is down to his teaching methods and part of it the help I have got on this brilliant forum.
You forgot to mention all your hard work!

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you Mary Bee but I don't know if it was that- certainly I practise, but not always every day and it is about 30- 40 mins a day. I should do more really. I know I could do loads more.

F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
Non achievement- it looks like I put my comment for the recital to # 27 instead of # 28. Cheryl was the only one noticed it. I don't know how to copy those back the right thread. I will just have to type over when I buy my iPad for Christmas. It's hard to type on this (iPhone).

MaryBee I really like your interpretation of Fur Elise. It's serene and poised and undoubtedly yours. It's hard, isn't it. I mean to be expressive. The Brahms piece I'm doing now is kind of similar. It's not so bad to get the notes but very difficult to play it well. It requires much more control than I thought. It's one of those nakid pieces that relentlessly expose technical and musical deficit of a pianist. I count Fur Elise in this category and practically all the Mozart pieces. I'm in the middle of the struggle, playing the piece phrase by phrase.

My teacher will come to my house the day after the Thanksgiving. Since we both have day off, we decided to have 2 hours or 3 hours of piano playing. I might have told you that I knew her since 20 years ago. We were both students then. She was a doctorate (Music) student and I went back there for masters (Not music, Business). I'm very happy that we are getting good friends again. I worked very hard on both pieces today. (Bach f minor P&F from Book II and Brahms Intermezzo 118 #2). I also threw in the third movement of Beethoven's Pathetique that I've been reading by myself. I think she is going get a chuckle seeing all three B's. None of them is memorized or performance ready. It's just now I can play through while reading the notes.

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Malkin --- what a true achievement -connecting with autistic children through your music! That must have been a moving moment. Congrats on your sticker for the Jelly Bean Rag is a fun achievement too!

ATallGuyNH -- your story of your daughter doing a slow motion ballet to your slow practice made me laugh! How old is she?

Paperclip-- I guess everyone has their own ideas of when to take on harder pieces. I would be too frustrated with them, but if your teacher is showing you how to manage them without stress, that is fantastic and it must be very satisfying!

EdwardianPiano - congratulations! I think you're breaking down barriers and you've really found the key (no pun intended) to reading your music. And it all seemed to turn around in the blink of an eye! You had been building up to it without realizing it. What excitment to feel that sort of progress!

SandTiger - I continue to marvel at your progress and composing skills!

Toastie - I'm so glad your piano will be with you soon ..you've got oh....8.5 hours or so I reckon smile I will be watching for photos!

Micheal 99 --- Isn't it wonderful when we find little gems that just sound so sweet though they may not be complicated? Very satisfying indeed!

Farmgirl - you are enjoying your music so much more these past few months - I don't hear any of that frustration that you used to have. I think working with your new teacher, and getting back together with your old friend who is also a teacher has been a big positive change for you! I'm happy for you!

My ATOW was....I got the piano tuned ! smile
I played after the tuning was done and the tuner said she noticed a difference in how relaxed I was playing and how more at ease I seemed with managing the piano compared to when she was here last time. (Just as a note, I would not normally expect my tuner to me but being a foreigner does tend to catch people's attention and also the fact that I do work on tuning my own piano a bit... Well, I can see that she might remember me.) That was a nice bit of feedback.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
@Toastie: I'll quote my favorite movie to express what you must be feeling right about now.
Morgan Freeman voice: "I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain."

Enjoy the piano and I EXPECT PICTURES (when and if you can pull yourself away from the piano for a moment or two)!! yippie yippie

Playing since age 21 (September 2010) and loving it more every day.
"You can play better than BachMach2." - Mark_C
Currently Butchering:
Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $
F

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
Toastie - congratulations for you new piano. I can hardly wait for the picture.

SamR - I heard your piece on the recital. As musical as ever. You are one of the truly talented people I got to know. Keep up with your good work. I'm certain you will be an incredible pianist.

Cheryl - wow that's amazing. The praise from tuners is hard to get since they do see a lot of people. My tuner tunes pianos for Phoenix Symphony. So he meets practically all the soloist who come to perform with the symphony. No wonder he is dead silent on my playing.

SandTiger- congrats on performing your own composition. I feel like a total beginner when it
comes to song making. I created birth songs for my two dogs that I made up, sadly that's the extent of my compositions.

T
T
Just had a text from delivery company. They'll be here in 15 minutes!!! I'm a ball of nervous excitement. Have paced up and down for ages, so am attempting to distract myself as the minutes are dragging by.

Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Heh, then you have now the piano! Congrats!

Chris

Playing since May 02 2009

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
I bet Toastie is playing her new piano right now! smile

Congratulations!!!

[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yay Toastie's Piano has arrived!

T
T
How do I upload a picture?!

Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Toastie
How do I upload a picture?!

Follow this link!!!

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/fileuploader2.html

[Linked Image]

T
T
Doesn't seem to work on my iPad. Will have to do it on the computer later as boyfriend's daughter is on there doing homework. It is truly beautiful, even boyfriend admits this and he was very reluctant about having a piano in the first place.

Grade 1 Exam Pieces
Grade 1 Scales
Yamaha U3
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Congrats to everyone on their achievements! Toastie congrats on your new piano finally arriving! Looking forward to the pictures. smile

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
J
J
Last night I learned about half of the Minuet in D Minor from the Notebook for Anna Magdalena. It is well under tempo and still shaky, but it was great to get so much done! My teacher wants me to be able to play it hands together for our next lesson after Thanksgiving break, and I will be out of town so I don't have a ton of time.

Also, I finally seem to be able to play the C Major scale four octaves without messing up too much. That one took a while...

Page 162 of 540 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 539 540

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission