Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1649606 - 03/28/11 03:07 PM Do you play more than one instrument?
Piano Online Tutor Offline

Apart of the piano, do you play other instruments?

#1649776 - 03/28/11 07:06 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
HwyStar Offline

Guitar, Bass, Drums, a little Keyboard, and now piano. The keyboard was in a pro band were I played Guitar and keys as a side line.

My inspiration is Ken Hensley from Uriah Heep back in the 70's. He was an excellent guitarist as well as accomplished pianist and keyboard player. I have always really respected people that play more than one instrument well!

#1650399 - 03/29/11 04:45 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
EJR Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bristol, UK
Hey HwyStar,

A Blackmore fan? (I've been squinting at your avatar...)

Daily ramblings....

#1650859 - 03/30/11 09:04 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
HwyStar Offline

You got it EJR! The guy totally rocked and still does for being in his sixties! That is the picture of him from the inside of Made In Japan. My favorite live recording of all time. But I am biased since I still play the CD and play along with it whenever I can!

You know your players Man!

#1651507 - 03/31/11 08:28 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
EJR Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bristol, UK
Hi HwyStar,

I agree about Made in Japan! I have the CD, but prefer the original vinyl that I bought when it first came out!

"The guy totally rocked and still does for being in his sixties!"

Too right!

Daily ramblings....

#1675382 - 05/11/11 12:30 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
kniden Offline

Yes! Flute and soprano voice and like to play penny whistle, fife, and cane flute. Does directing a choir count? smile

#1740165 - 08/25/11 02:18 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Froglegs Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Classical guitar, viola,

#1745656 - 09/03/11 01:51 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Inky Offline

Loc: England
I'm a Mezzo Soprano, with piano as my second instrument ^_^

#1746691 - 09/05/11 06:24 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
SamOnThePiano Offline

Loc: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Guitar and the bass use basically the same technique doesn't it? laugh

So I can play the piano, guitar and bass. I've dropped the strings tho~

Founder of my own dreams, to become a concert pianist.

I am Samuel Cho(click!) and music is what I'm here for.

#1755526 - 09/19/11 05:58 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: SamOnThePiano]
Oriol Barcelona Offline

Loc: Spain
Piano and clarinet. And a bit of guitar smile
My Youtube Music Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/olopcall
Oriol - Arranger/Composer

#1762906 - 10/01/11 02:21 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Oriol Barcelona]
kylefty Offline

Loc: Bardstown,Ky
Also play clarinet, have started violin lessons, and sing alto in the church choir.

#1763160 - 10/02/11 01:27 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Bech Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Indiana
Chromatic harmonica (one with the "button."), guitar, banjo, piano.

How well do I play these instruments? As well as I can.

Bech

#1763647 - 10/02/11 11:04 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
KHen Offline

Loc: North America
Cello and alto sax here.

#1765085 - 10/05/11 10:12 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
I4Future Offline

Loc: Youngsville, LA
oh man, ummm, with out having to name them all I'll just say all brass. I'm sure there are a few brass instruments I haven't messed with but seriously once you have mastered the main ones the others shouldn't be much different.

I have played a few different woodwinds, Flute, Clarinet, and Sax. Never touched a double reed instrument.

I have a Fender Electric and was getting somewhat descent then my step brother hooked his bass up to my amp and blew it up. I haven't bought a new one yet, (its been 2 years) I am sure I am not as good anymore.

I played percussion with my local symphonic group. Nothing demanding like snare. Marimba type of things.

#1774501 - 10/21/11 05:12 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Glowry Offline

Loc: Banned
Originally Posted By: Piano Online Tutor

Apart from Piano, I am perfect in brass, drum and flute. I like to play flute in loneliness.

#1786177 - 11/10/11 12:49 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
brownsmith Offline

Loc: Gujarat, India

================
hello,
Yes with Piano. I can play drum, Guitar, Flute and some keyboards.

#1797428 - 11/28/11 07:32 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: brownsmith]
DadAgain Offline

Loc: Brisbane, QLD
Yes - see signature for details....

oh and I've been known to bang on the drums occassionally in a recording studio have grappled with playing various sampled noises using a standard QWERTY computer keyboard on stage whilst doing keyboard work, have sung on rare occassions and have even performed on stage playing the Kazoo!

If you bang it, hit it, stroke it, pluck it or blow it - I've probably had a go at some point! (I'll admit my harp playing wasnt up to much in the 20 minutes I had a go!)
Vague Guitar & Bass player.... (former minor income stream 15 yrs ago)
Former conductor... (been a long time since I was set loose with a magic wand!)

#1797531 - 11/28/11 10:15 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
raptor Offline

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
I've recently stated learning violin. It's great learning more than one instrument. You get to look forward to lessons more than once a week. smile

#1809794 - 12/21/11 04:30 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: raptor]
msirukandjisting Offline

Loc: Australia
Yes - violin - both acoustic and electric

Bongo Drums

#1813600 - 12/28/11 06:33 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
HyperMusic44 Offline

Loc: -- choose --

I play guitar (electric and acoustic), a bit of drums and I sing in both my bands

#1832269 - 01/26/12 11:55 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
salton Offline

Loc: USA
yes i play piano and Fluit both

#1849475 - 02/22/12 05:55 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: HwyStar]
ProGuitar Offline

Wow, that's like playing almost every instrument. For me besides the guitar, it is just a little bit of keyboards...to use my controller.

Edited by ProGuitar (02/22/12 05:57 AM)

#1850670 - 02/24/12 11:16 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Banjoman Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Clawhammer Banjo, Old Time Fiddle, Classical Guitar, Folk/Blues Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele, Soprano Recorder, Keyboard. Also I just ordered a Sitar and I'm looking for a cheap Hurdy Gurdy...

#1914497 - 06/16/12 12:11 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
skripka Offline

Loc: Serbia
Violin: acoustic and electric, piano, brazilian instruments: surdo and caixa..would love to know how to sing jazz..

#1916789 - 06/21/12 02:34 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Harpsichord Offline

Loc: US
Guitar and Keyboard. However I haven't been focusing much on guitar as I myself isn't that proficient in Piano which is my main instrument... ._.

I'm inspired by Allman Brothers' keyboardist and I like blues. However I yet able to play anything like that. Not even a normal accompaniment. frown

#1921699 - 07/02/12 08:56 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Vibraphone. My father bought me a set when I was 15, to play along with him on Piano and Organ (b3 in the living room.) I guess it was suppose to be a father/son bonding thing and keep me away from drugs. We worked out some pretty nice stuff at the time.

Dad is deceased now for many years, so vibes are now a nice looking piece of furniture (mostly) in my condo.

Now that I am playing/practicing more, I would be very interested to hook up with someone else that is also interested in both (piano and vibes) and work out some arrangements.

Vibes are a beautiful instrument (in my opinion) but do really need accompaniment.

#1945783 - 08/19/12 08:57 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Michael Thompson Offline

Started out on trumpet in school, then moved on to guitar. I can play acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, mandolin, trumpet, and now I'm re-teaching myself piano. I also have a mandocello on order that's being built for me, but it's the same discipline as mandolin.

#1981163 - 10/31/12 10:56 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
Farmerjones Offline

Loc: USA

My main inst. is Jazz/Blues violin/fiddle. Mandolin, acoustic and electric guitars, and five string banjo. I've played bass and other strings but not fluently.

#1986729 - 11/14/12 06:13 PM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
cox12000 Offline

Loc: Florida
Instruments I do other than my piano are the Ukulele, Electric Violin, 12 string guitar, classical guitar, electric and accoustic guitars, Didgeridoo, and the Organ.

Violin and Organ were my first instruments to learn.

#2102392 - 06/14/13 10:01 AM Re: Do you play more than one instrument? [Re: Piano Online Tutor]
ThreeWestCreative Offline

Hi there,

Just joined Piano world. smile

I can play every member of the Clarinet family, Bassoon (although I wish I could deny this), valve trombone (sadly, they do make these), Tuba (all time favorite), Trumpet, a little guitar, piano and drums.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Heading to the junk pile...
by Emmery
10/25/14 07:39 PM
Piano make
by ali123
10/25/14 06:24 PM
Yamaha UX vs WX
by goldmund
10/25/14 11:34 AM
Need help with chords
by Shirz
10/25/14 07:52 AM
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
10/25/14 03:17 AM
Who's Online
133 registered (36251, Alan_Dublin, A Guy, alfredo capurso, accordeur, 38 invisible), 1406 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76656 Members
42 Forums
158494 Topics
2327612 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission