Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2110599 - 06/30/13 12:50 PM Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez?
pianolover85 Offline

Hello Everyone. I have been recently recommended by some members on this forum to get the Fundamental Keys Piano Method by Rachel Jimenez. I have been to her website and have actually plan to go through her method, as it seems very original and classical in nature. She also has videos that I plan to purchase.

However, it seems after 2011 she has not been active on her website. I hope everything is OK with her. I have read some of her older posts on this website and hope she is well and can continue the videos for her great method. She was actually my inspiration to play and practice arabesque!

Anyone has been following her method and has new news?

Warm Regards,

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2110606 - 06/30/13 12:59 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: pianolover85]
dmd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: pianolover85
Hello Everyone. I have been recently recommended by some members on this forum to get the Fundamental Keys Piano Method by Rachel Jimenez. I have been to her website and have actually plan to go through her method, as it seems very original and classical in nature. She also has videos that I plan to purchase.

However, it seems after 2011 she has not been active on her website. I hope everything is OK with her. I have read some of her older posts on this website and hope she is well and can continue the videos for her great method. She was actually my inspiration to play and practice arabesque!

Anyone has been following her method and has new news?

Warm Regards,

I believe you are mistaken about her not being active. If you go to the forum on her website you will find entries from her for this year. You could drop her a line there also and see what her status is. She appears to be alive and well. smile

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq 5

#2110625 - 06/30/13 01:40 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: dmd]
pianolover85 Offline

Well...Thank god she is well, but where are you looking at on her website? I have read most entries from the forum (community section) and I have not seen anything beyond 2011. Please let me know where have you looked.

2-3 months ago I also sent her a message, but I got no response. I heard she has been busy, and perhaps I should E mail her on her professional E mail and not her Gmail.

Thanks and please let me know

Regards,

#2110628 - 06/30/13 01:52 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: pianolover85]
dmd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: pianolover85
Well...Thank god she is well, but where are you looking at on her website? I have read most entries from the forum (community section) and I have not seen anything beyond 2011. Please let me know where have you looked.

2-3 months ago I also sent her a message, but I got no response. I heard she has been busy, and perhaps I should E mail her on her professional E mail and not her Gmail.

Thanks and please let me know

Regards,

This is her website: http://fundamentalkeys.com/index.html

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq 5

#2110702 - 06/30/13 04:40 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: pianolover85]
4evrBeginR Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: California
pianolover85, Rachel is doing well, and keeping busy. She recently recorded an awesome rendition of Chopin's G Minor Ballade that you could listen to here: https://soundcloud.com/rjpianist/chopin-g-minor-ballade-op-23

#2110847 - 06/30/13 08:45 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: pianolover85]
pianolover85 Offline

Great...All the best to her...I wish she continues posting videos about the fundamental keys books. It is very unique and only self-paced classical method available today (Except conservatories). As a learner who has been through and researched every hyped up method, I really appreciate the value of her classical instruction.

Best wishes to her...I hope she continues.

#2110862 - 06/30/13 09:00 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: 4evrBeginR]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: 4evrBeginR
pianolover85, Rachel is doing well, and keeping busy. She recently recorded an awesome rendition of Chopin's G Minor Ballade that you could listen to here: https://soundcloud.com/rjpianist/chopin-g-minor-ballade-op-23

Indeed!

#2110966 - 07/01/13 03:16 AM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: 4evrBeginR]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: 4evrBeginR

Wow, I always have Martha Argerich's rendition in mind when I hear this one, but Rachel's is awesome too!

#2212361 - 01/10/14 06:03 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: pianolover85]
LS35A Offline

Loc: Hayden, ID
Fundamental Keys is worlds better than any other 'learn piano' method I've seen.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Here is a nice video from Rachel introducing her book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTokSbkvWxM

#2238203 - 02/26/14 11:22 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: pianolover85]
4evrBeginR Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: California
Rachel Jimenez just posted an update on her site regarding Fundamental Keys for all those who found her method book helpful.
http://fundamentalkeys.com/community/vie...c307bbf779b9f45

#2238285 - 02/27/14 03:25 AM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: 4evrBeginR]
pwl Offline

Loc: Bay Area CA
This is good news from Rachel. I hope we don't have to wait TOO long for the expanded version!

I bought all of her current videos - still working on them. I went ahead and registered in the community area (which I hadn't felt the need to do previously) in order to respond to her request for feedback. I'm going to request more instruction in technique - not so much how to play a particular passage, but more generally how to play "effortlessly and without tension". Altho really, I just want whatever wisdom and instruction she can impart - whatever she thinks is important.

#2258361 - 04/07/14 08:11 PM Re: Any new news about Ms. Rachel Jimenez? [Re: pianolover85]
Marie5 Offline

Loc: Nashua, NH
I bought Fundamental Keys by Rachel 4 years ago. That book really got me back to piano playing. I went along by myself, then hired a piano teacher, who really liked the book. I am still taking lessons and have really progressed! Thank you, Rachel!

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai Grand Feel Let-off
by Beemer
1 minute 24 seconds ago
baldwin 2nd hand
by johan d
Today at 09:44 AM
a steinway rebuilt and a mason hamlin rebuilt
by koap
Today at 09:27 AM
Chopin Étude No 12 in C minor, Op 10 'Revolutionary'
by Maximillyan
Today at 09:25 AM
Sustaining vs Dead On Unison
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
Today at 08:48 AM
Who's Online
131 registered (ajames, accordeur, Alexander Borro, aesop, amt976, 39 invisible), 1573 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76399 Members
42 Forums
157948 Topics
2319570 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission