Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2114436 - 07/08/13 12:53 AM Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :)
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Trinidad and Tobago
So My P105 arrived. IT is awesomeee!!!!

The Back corner is cracked tho,, but I don't care because it doesn't affect the keys. Got damaged in shipment.

The built in sound is obviously not great, but more than playable.

I'm using Galaxy vintage D with a jvc stereo system

And it just sounds awesomeeee..
Turned the dynamics to 1/4 of it's original value. the piano is overly soft otherwise. Have to slam on the keys.

customized the tone to be very warm..

My goodness. How far we've come with samples.

Will get some rokit 5s later..

I love the GHS..
Anything stiffer would be very uncomfortable for me.

Thanks for everyone for all the advice leading up to this purchase.

I'm gonna play some Piano!

yay... muahahahahahaha!

sry.. thanks again everyone for all the help!

Sony V6 Studio Headphones :: Presonus Audiobox USB ::

Kayserburg UH132 Grand Upright Piano

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Your Next Keyboard is at Sweetwater

Click Here

#2114447 - 07/08/13 01:03 AM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

But seriously though.. What's up with the built in sound ... Even with headphones it sounds very artificial. I was expecting better from yamaha considering it is sampled from a so called cf grand or whatever.

They marketed that like crazy..

The ghs is much stiffer than I remembered.

The dgx 605 felt light. This doesn't for some reason. Feels a lot heavier. Same with galaxy Vintage D as well.

Is there a chance that they changed GHS action?

It feels completely different.

Better i might add. Stiffer. Maybe it just needs to loosen up?

#2114545 - 07/08/13 08:10 AM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
semo Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Congrats mta88, have lots of fun!

#2114566 - 07/08/13 09:29 AM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
Clayman Offline

Loc: Prague, Czech Rep.
Haha, seems like you're more than happy with your new toy, Mta88. wink Have great fun playing!

Learning to play the piano since 06/2013 on a Kawai CA-95.

Music is what feelings sound like. ~ Author Unknown

#2114718 - 07/08/13 02:59 PM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
G. Bonner Offline

Boy, you changed your tune in a hurry. Went from loving it to criticizing almost every aspect of it. I liked almost everything about mine except for a few ringing notes. I'll probably regret taking it back in about 3 months or so. smile

#2114735 - 07/08/13 03:39 PM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
MTA88, Nothing`s perfect! Too many of us have fixations about DP`s - they`re never good enough, we scour the music shops looking at the latedt stuff in case there`s something better . . . and if there is, we must have it!

The music is forgotten. I`ve complained here about the GHS action. But honestly, unless you compare it with anything better, you get used to it, even with difficult to play (initially) passages. Enjoy it`s feel even.. . .

Get playin, man! WE want to hear it!

""

#2114886 - 07/08/13 09:09 PM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: peterws]
Possum SP280Krome Offline
500 Post Club Member

Glad you got your P105- I have also learned nothing is perfect and yes I am guilty of being too critical;

I think the GHS changed from the P95- it was bouncier.

Sometimes I miss my P95.
Korg SP280

Rokit KRK 6 monitors
MXL V67G microphone

#2114898 - 07/08/13 09:27 PM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
o0Ampy0o Offline

Originally Posted By: Mta88
...Is there a chance that they changed GHS action?

It feels completely different.

Better i might add. Stiffer. Maybe it just needs to loosen up?

I am a piano noodler not a piano player but I have had a chance to get my hands on several different keyboards of the same and different brands and models. Even between identical pianos there can be differences that I am able to perceive. On the other side of the spectrum, sometimes just the sound you have selected influences your perception of the feel. I think this even carries over to the mood you are in or your general well-being on a given day. There are some days where nothing sounds harmonious or melodic. There are other times when I listen to something that sounded great at one moment and I hear all sorts of flaws. It helps to go back to the same instrument over a longer period of time when evaluating anything to help eliminate temporary factors.

#2114998 - 07/09/13 02:47 AM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Don't get me wrong I like the action. I was just pointing out some differences. It is better than other ghs I've tried that's for sure.

Combined with the galaxy Software it sounds really really good and the piano is very expressive.

I honestly don't mind the stiffer action. Infact it feels better today than yesterday.

As for the bouncyness, it is definitely not as bouncy as the dgx 640. Not even close.

The action feels great. Whether its all in my head , who knows.

I don't know .. But I honestly think they modified the action somehow. Maybe the dgx I played was old and worn out.This could very well be the case because it looked as though it was sitting there for a while. Was the only weighted keyboard in the store actually (yes I know retail is sad here at times)

I was never planning to use the on board sound.

Even the cvp 605 I didn't like. (Sells for 45 000$ tt). About 7000us or so.. Maybe a little more

I guess I was being a bit critical with the sound. I just think its amazing the difference between onboard sound and VST sound.

But I lurvvvv vintage D by galaxy. .

Changed the dynamics back to normal and turned my stereo up and it sounds even better at the default settings. The sound of the midrange makes me melt.

Using the built in soundcard alone with my studio headphones the sound is almost inaudible fsr. , started a new thread to figure out the difference between soundcards and USB sound interfaces to learn about them.

I would probably need something with a built in preamp

I might have to get one and and also replace my stereo with some studio speakers because they can't handle the higher frequencies at all. Plenty distortion unfortunately(with the speakers alone , not headphones when plugged into the stereo)

My setup is a work in progress but is a thousand times better than what I had before so I am indeed extremely happy and excited. laugh

If u guys have any advice on audio interfaces and sound cards(that support windows 8) feel free to share..

I'm sure nothing is perfect but you gotta admit native instruments are coming pretty darn close!

for fun I learned the beginning of the gladiator song "honour him" from a dude with a Steinway and sons piano on YouTube..

I played it on galaxy vintage D and got all warm and fuzzy inside as I heard how strikingly similar the sound samples were.

Alas I must try to not overindulge due to my muscle condition. My muscles will go berserk if I do so I shall exercise some self control. Lol

Thanks for all the advice guys..

Edited by Mta88 (07/09/13 02:49 AM)

#2115001 - 07/09/13 02:54 AM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

It's 3 am here so off to sleep for me. I shall scour the forum for more info tomorrow. Hopefully i stumble across a post on audio interfaces. Someone mentioned that USB interfaces adds up to 12msec latency. Yikes!

#2115124 - 07/09/13 11:55 AM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: o0Ampy0o]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
"There are other times when I listen to something that sounded great at one moment and I hear all sorts of flaws. It helps to go back to the same instrument over a longer period of time when evaluating anything to help eliminate temporary factors."

It also helps if you keep yer granddaughters OFF it . . . when they get started, every conceicable sound blatters out. At full volume . . . .it never feels the same after! My dadsaid that about his bike after I`d ridden it . . .

""

#2115419 - 07/09/13 11:21 PM Re: Got my p105! Finalllyyy.... Yayyyy!!!! :) [Re: Mta88]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

lmao at peterws.

Who knows it may inspire one of them to become a great concert pianist one day wink

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
143 registered (Abby Pianoman, *windowlicker*, AaronM, 36251, ABC Vermonter, 43 invisible), 1326 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75971 Members
42 Forums
157111 Topics
2307390 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can someone list the rules of accidentals?
by xorbe
8 minutes 7 seconds ago
Kawai ES-7?
by shndany
Today at 10:12 AM
Kawai MP7 - hidden gem
by Kevin Keys
Today at 09:21 AM
Paying to be a vendor
by Bob
Today at 08:39 AM
Does it get easier?
by Pover
Today at 07:10 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission