2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Cominut, Animisha, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,210 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Great piano - congrats!

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by 36251
by the time July rolls around, you'll probably wished you never asked that question here. smile

So what was this about?

And congrats on the piano and thanks for the update.

Previously: Kawai MP-10, 1980 Yamaha C7, 2012 Young Chang Y175
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Jonathon, congratulations on your new piano! I will most likely buy an NU1 within a year to compliment my N3.

The N1 and NU1 are really the best deals from Yamaha.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
The one in our piano shop had a perspex front panel; you could see and hear the action working. But I`m told it was a demonstration model and not for sale. If it was, I might`ve bit . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Ooh congrats. I hope it gets delivered professionally. Have you actually played one? ... and what is your ability and experience?

It will be nice to see a photo in its home.

Want to say thank you to everyone for the congrats, I am extremely excited.

A little about my playing experience. I never started young, I actually hated music and wanted nothing to do with it when I Was a kid. My parents wanted to get me involved with an instrument, in band at school, anything to just try it out -- but I wasn't going to bite on any of it -- and I didn't. It wasn't until I was about 17 or 18 that the bell went off in my head. I heard a few songs that had a piano in it, and I fell in love with the beautiful sound the piano makes -- it's so different, crisp and lovely. I told my parents that I wanted to try it out, so I got myself a cheap-o keyboard and began looking at different music and playing small, easy pieces and I absolutely fell in love. As it stands now, I am not traditionally trained. I've kind of meandered around but I plan to start taking proper lessons shortly, however I am not upset at how I've gone about it so far. I've learned so much on my own just from getting used to playing and understanding the piano as a whole a lot more. I also have improved my ear and hear things much better than I used to. That being said, I am still most definitely a student of the piano and likely will always be -- but I appreciate my development and I can't wait to get even better. I played the NU1 a little bit and I absolutely loved the idea of a hybrid piano. I play an acoustic upright right now, and the action of the NU1 feels better than my acoustic (My acoustic was just an old used piano). The NU1 gives the best of both worlds with a great grand piano sound with the action of an upright which I am used to playing. Compact and looks good as well. Absolutely can't wait to progress with it.

Thanks again all. Look forward to becoming a part of this community as well. Will post a few more pictures once it gets in the home Tuesday.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
post picturess... post Recordings of songs maybe? I'm very curious as to how this plays and sounds.

It is priced very competitively.

Korg D1:AKG K240 MKII:KRK Rokit 6 gen 3 Pair Studio Monitors::Pianoteq Bechstein, Petrof, Grotrian, Steinway B, Steinway D,:Garritan CFX:Ravenscroft:Modern U:Galaxy Vintage D, Galaxy Bluthner Baby Grand,
Acoustics:
KAYSERBURG UH 132 Royal Vertical:
1934 Danemann Upright:
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Congratulations on the NU1 dude.

Korg D1:AKG K240 MKII:KRK Rokit 6 gen 3 Pair Studio Monitors::Pianoteq Bechstein, Petrof, Grotrian, Steinway B, Steinway D,:Garritan CFX:Ravenscroft:Modern U:Galaxy Vintage D, Galaxy Bluthner Baby Grand,
Acoustics:
KAYSERBURG UH 132 Royal Vertical:
1934 Danemann Upright:
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission