Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2117651 - 07/14/13 06:52 PM Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann!
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Thought this was interesting. Odd looking thing. A bit light on for details. Maybe a tad vaporware? Would be interesting to know what it costs (and if you can actually buy one).

http://www.schulzepollmann.com/?IDC=48

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Special Financing on Digital Keyboards

Click Here

#2117662 - 07/14/13 07:28 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
pv88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ando
Thought this was interesting. Odd looking thing. A bit light on for details. Maybe a tad vaporware? Would be interesting to know what it costs (and if you can actually buy one).

http://www.schulzepollmann.com/?IDC=48

Looks like they are located in Italy as the abbreviation "RSM" is the Republic of San Marino.

There are no "Details" given for the last four categories:

1) "Keyboard and Action"
2) "Optical Sensors"
3) "Control Panel"
4) "Sound"

Does this hybrid piano have an Italian-made action?

#2117668 - 07/14/13 07:42 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I would imagine it does, but the real question is its availability. It could be one of those things listed to test interest levels. Who knows whether they have actually sold one, what sort of sound module it uses etc. It may be so new that they haven't even finished the website material. Obviously it will need sound samples, videos, dealers and specifications to get any interest. No doubt it will be pricey. May go the way of the Petrof controller a few years ago. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

#2117673 - 07/14/13 07:51 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
pv88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Looks like all we have for now is an e-mail address to send our questions to:

info@schulzepollmann.com

More "Details" have yet to appear on the website.

#2117789 - 07/14/13 10:40 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA

Roll-top desk style key cover--- that's different, anyway.

It's a good question, whether and where they might be available in the US. Schultze-Pollmann is an Italian piano maker--- nice pianos; expensive; known for their beautiful veneer work and sunny sound; not many outfits carry them in the US, but there are some.

I'm just a little tempted to inquire at that "info@" address, out of curiosity... though the light-colored stain on the cabinet wouldn't suit my decor. But I imagine they're trying to break through the 'housewife barrier.' Many gentleman players have had a problem with this: "You're not going to put that in my living-room!"

No need to quote the rest of the conversation.

Edited by Jeff Clef (07/14/13 10:49 PM)

#2117818 - 07/14/13 11:32 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
pv88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I did a screen capture from one of the pictures in the "Photogallery" and you can see that the roll top cabinet opens to highlight a grand-style action:

http://imgur.com/lN8wmsU

And, another action photo:

http://imgur.com/G6pJoM5

Have also sent a couple of questions to find out what the "il" (lower case "i" and "l") stands for in "ilPiano" and as to if and when it will become available in the US, including pricing.

#2117863 - 07/15/13 03:46 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Wow! That looks cool! And still room for an ashtray on top . . . .

""

#2117865 - 07/15/13 04:03 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Clayman Offline

Loc: Prague, Czech Rep.
Wow, the piano in the pic looks like a giant wooden bread case with a keyboard and pedals.

Don't like it very much, I'm afraid. frown

Learning to play the piano since 06/2013 on a Kawai CA-95.

Music is what feelings sound like. ~ Author Unknown

#2117890 - 07/15/13 06:07 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Trinidad and Tobago
Very odd look...

Sony V6 Studio Headphones :: Presonus Audiobox USB ::Rokit 6 G3::

Kayserburg UH132 Grand Upright Piano

#2118139 - 07/15/13 06:09 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
dewster Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern NJ

It appears they have the hammer shanks (or whatever you call them) hitting a padded bar. Odd, I'd think they would want the felt part (business end) of the hammers hitting that bar.

The roll-top is really weird looking. It's not like there are strings and a soundboard in there, so there is no need to "let the sound out" - right? Letting the backwave of those speakers out would probably kill the bass.

But I imagine it allows curious little children to cause a lot of damage that much faster and easier - which begs the question: was this designed by/for toddlers?

How do you keep dust off the keys when it's not in use? Does the whole thing slide in or something? Or does the speaker board somehow fold down?

#2118141 - 07/15/13 06:15 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
Worldwide, this is the first and the only electronic piano with the authentic keyboard, action and hammers of a grand piano, all perfectly regulated by hand to offer the perfect musical feeling.

Not exactly accurate.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#2118148 - 07/15/13 06:26 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: dewster]
Pete14 Offline

The action on this thing will be very loud when the "hood" is open.

#2118158 - 07/15/13 06:43 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: dewster]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: dewster

How do you keep dust off the keys when it's not in use? Does the whole thing slide in or something? Or does the speaker board somehow fold down?

It's got a sliding dust cover - like those old fashioned roller desks.

#2118165 - 07/15/13 06:59 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Vid Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
And it sounds like?

#2118179 - 07/15/13 07:55 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Would a technician be able to regulate and service the action by just sliding the wooden panel up?

IT is a very curious design. Are those two speakers the only speakers in the piano that we can see or are there more, hence the design to slide the wooden panel up.
Maybe they are just tweeters and the real sound comes from inside?

#2118180 - 07/15/13 07:56 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

There is nothing in english on their website unfortunately. Yet... when u click the english flag there is no text.

I wonder how they are gonna price this.

#2118182 - 07/15/13 08:00 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
36251 Offline
500 Post Club Member

One must beg the question - has this company ever seen an Avant Grand? This Schulze-Pollmann is strangest thing I've ever seen.

I'm all for competition but please take it up a notch.

#2118188 - 07/15/13 08:11 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Pete14 Offline

It sure is strange. A Roland RG-3F with a grand piano action would be nice, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Edited by Pete14 (07/15/13 08:11 PM)

#2118198 - 07/15/13 08:25 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
dmd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
All the negativism aside ...

My guess is that if it has a beautiful sound, all the negativism will be set aside.

Just a guess.

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq 5

#2118313 - 07/16/13 12:35 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: dmd]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: dmd
All the negativism aside ...

My guess is that if it has a beautiful sound, all the negativism will be set aside.

Just a guess.

I agree, and I think it will be available in darker wood finishes, probably also black, so it won't be as controversial as it first seems. It will come down to whom they have commissioned to build the sound module. The action looks fine.

#2118316 - 07/16/13 12:47 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: 36251]
dewster Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern NJ
Guitar Centers across the nation will have to construct special demo rooms to accommodate the vast array of roll top desk DPs debuting at this year's summer NAMM. I feel lucky to be alive right now.

#2118317 - 07/16/13 12:52 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

I'm just glad that yamaha may have some future competition in the hybrid department. Competition is never really a bad thing from the consumer point of view.

just wish the roland V-piano would get some good competition. Price is way too high.

#2118318 - 07/16/13 12:55 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

If this product is priced like the nu1, sounds good and marketed properly it will be a good thing.

Unlike the nu1 this gives you a grand piano action vs upright.

A dark mahogany model will look decent too.

Lets hope it makes it to the us.
God knows the physis pianos are taking their jolly good time. Lol

#2118449 - 07/16/13 09:28 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
I hate to be negative, but I think we can probably assume it will not be priced competitively. It's hand built in Italy by an exclusive piano maker. When has anything hand built in Italy been cheaper than an equivalent cranked out of a factory in indonesia run by an aggressive Japanese multinational?

#2118459 - 07/16/13 09:46 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: gvfarns]
36251 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: gvfarns
I hate to be negative, but I think we can probably assume it will not be priced competitively. It's hand built in Italy by an exclusive piano maker. When has anything hand built in Italy been cheaper than an equivalent cranked out of a factory in indonesia run by an aggressive Japanese multinational?
That rolltop alone probably cost more than an AG

#2118461 - 07/16/13 09:54 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: gvfarns]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: gvfarns

You've got a point

#2118462 - 07/16/13 09:55 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Either way though..It's still competition.. Hopefully Kawai and roland will try one as well.

You never know lol..

#2118613 - 07/16/13 04:10 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
pv88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Here is the reply I just received, copied here:

Good Morning Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in our newest product ilPiano.

In Italian “il” means “the” (article). We are not sure yet when ilPiano will be available in the USA and its pricing. If you can tell us the city and state where you live we will pass the info to our US distributor and they will contact you once the info you have requested is available.

Thank you for your attention and for your consideration.

Best Regards,
Paolo Rossi
Servizio Clienti

Extra note:

I went ahead and sent back the info they requested which was "city and state" and added my zip code in the USA.

#2118659 - 07/16/13 05:42 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: dewster]
EssBrace Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: dewster
Guitar Centers across the nation will have to construct special demo rooms to accommodate the vast array of roll top desk DPs debuting at this year's summer NAMM. I feel lucky to be alive right now.

Tut. So cynical.

Imagine the burglar's disappointment - he thinks he's found the family bureau - all the cash and interesting stuff will be inside. "Oh crap. It's a sh*tty piano. Just for that I'm going to wreck the place".

#2118687 - 07/16/13 06:22 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
pv88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Wanted to note that I have no interest in playing or buying the following:

1) AvantGrand(s)
2) Physis Piano
3) ilPiano

Having a "real" authentic grand action in an AG is not enough reason to spend the extra money when other console digitals by Yamaha and Roland are quite sufficient.

The other two models above are Italian-made and I won't buy anything made in Italy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question on Dampp Chaser installation
by electone2007
10/02/14 02:56 AM
Help to choose between upright Yamaha JU109 & Ritmuller110r2
by yurana
10/02/14 02:01 AM
I've got it! Who remembers that Steinway O project?
by TwoSnowflakes
10/02/14 01:29 AM
A study of the practice behaviors of effective pianists
by lyricmudra
10/01/14 10:37 PM
Ease of play - Yamaha p35 or p105
by DeadPoets
10/01/14 10:37 PM
Who's Online
58 registered (AZNpiano, barbaram, adrpiano, AtomicBond, Baroque Style, beet31425, 9 invisible), 1070 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76399 Members
42 Forums
157943 Topics
2319488 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission