Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2118723 - 07/16/13 07:42 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: pv88]
Mta88 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted By: pv88
Wanted to note that I have no interest in playing or buying the following:

1) AvantGrand(s)
2) Physis Piano
3) ilPiano

Having a "real" authentic grand action in an AG is not enough reason to spend the extra money when other console digitals by Yamaha and Roland are quite sufficient.

The other two models above are Italian-made and I won't buy anything made in Italy.

Italian products can't be all that bad can they?

Sony V6 Studio Headphones :: Presonus Audiobox USB :: Fiio E6 Headphone Amp ::
JVC 360Watt Stereo Speakers

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#2231024 - 02/13/14 02:52 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: Dave Horne]
joe80 Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Dave Horne
Worldwide, this is the first and the only electronic piano with the authentic keyboard, action and hammers of a grand piano, all perfectly regulated by hand to offer the perfect musical feeling.

Not exactly accurate.

Yes, it is accurate. Because the avantgrande doesn't have piano hammerheads. This has actual hammer heads. I think Yamaha have probably got it right by not putting expensive felt hammers on an instrument that will never actually use them!

#2231025 - 02/13/14 02:55 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: pv88]
joe80 Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: pv88
I did a screen capture from one of the pictures in the "Photogallery" and you can see that the roll top cabinet opens to highlight a grand-style action:

http://imgur.com/lN8wmsU

And, another action photo:

http://imgur.com/G6pJoM5

Have also sent a couple of questions to find out what the "il" (lower case "i" and "l") stands for in "ilPiano" and as to if and when it will become available in the US, including pricing.

il is the definite article. Like 'the' in English. So it's called thePiano. I think calling it ilPiano is like making a play on ipad though.....

By the way why won't you buy anything made in Italy?

#2231061 - 02/13/14 04:22 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: joe80]
Dave Horne Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: joe80
Originally Posted By: Dave Horne
Worldwide, this is the first and the only electronic piano with the authentic keyboard, action and hammers of a grand piano, all perfectly regulated by hand to offer the perfect musical feeling.

Not exactly accurate.

Yes, it is accurate. Because the avantgrande doesn't have piano hammerheads. This has actual hammer heads. I think Yamaha have probably got it right by not putting expensive felt hammers on an instrument that will never actually use them!

Alpha Piano

GRAND PIANO ACTION
All ALPHA Pianos utilize the full action of a concert grand piano, such as those used in a B÷sendorfer 280, Steinway D-274 or Yamaha CF-X. There is no other digital piano in the world that exhibits these properties. The uncompromising striving for perfection is complemented by an original Renner action and genuine felt hammer heads.

http://www.alpha-piano.com/en/alpha-pianos/alpha-piano-description

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#2246542 - 03/14/14 01:57 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
Fripp Offline

The ilPiano-series is according to their homepage being shown now at Musikmesse 2014.

http://www.schulzepollmann.com/?lang=eng

Is anybody visiting Musikmesse this year?

#2247019 - 03/15/14 01:26 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
maurus Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi - I checked out the Schulze-Pollmann today at Frankfurt's Musikmesse. Curious instrument. The action is very convincing - feels quite like a serious piano. I was not enthusiastic about the sound. And the looks... well, not like a piano at all, but rather a piece of furniture wink

#2247318 - 03/16/14 05:29 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: Fripp]
Gregor Online   content

Loc: M├╝nster, Germany
Originally Posted By: Fripp

Is anybody visiting Musikmesse this year?

I checked it out: embarrasing poorly regulated action. Uneven aftertouch. For me too little aftertouch at all.

There were 2 different models: one standard action without dampers and one WNG action with simulated dampers, i.e. a damper rail with weights on it. Unfortunately it was so bad regulated that the damper pedal did not lift the rail far enough. So, there was no difference between pedal or no pedal.

Gregor

#2247325 - 03/16/14 06:03 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: Gregor]
maurus Offline
500 Post Club Member

I agree about the regulation. But the fact that this thing *can* be regulated is a plus. When I was at their stand, someone was actually turning some screws in the action (perhaps a reaction to your feedback? wink ).

So I guess the status of this thing is: Interesting concept, but far from being mature. And: No competition for the Avant Grands unless some major changes are made. But then the Avant Grands also have a problem: Their sound engine is rather outdated by now.

There is a LOT to say for decoupling the action and the sound engine. Even if you consider console type instruments manufacturers could go for a modular concept....

#2247337 - 03/16/14 07:16 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: maurus]
36251 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: maurus
But then the Avant Grands also have a problem: Their sound engine is rather outdated by now.
Gee, my N2 still sounds like a piano?

#2247339 - 03/16/14 07:24 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: ando]
maurus Offline
500 Post Club Member

Good for you.

However if I were in the market for a Digital Piano with first class action and sound engine to be used with headphones or a PA I would look elsewhere. For silent use even the new Clavinovas might be better (in terms of sound).

#2247352 - 03/16/14 08:25 AM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: 36251]
dewster Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern NJ
Originally Posted By: 36251
Gee, my N2 still sounds like a piano?

Depends on what you mean by the word "like".

#2247442 - 03/16/14 12:36 PM Re: Yamaha AG has a rival - Schulze-Pollmann! [Re: maurus]
lwdp511 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: maurus
And the looks... well, not like a piano at all, but rather a piece of furniture wink

Very odd looking, indeed! It reminds me of college dorm furniture.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (AZNpiano, Asmodeus, Alux, AtomicBond, Atrys, 15 invisible), 1158 Guests and 55 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74318 Members
42 Forums
153721 Topics
2253479 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Eagles - Hotel California (Piano Cover)
by Mr. Pianoman
Today at 03:29 AM
Student growing tall
by pianoplayer84
Today at 02:41 AM
Whole tone scales leading to interesting series of keys
by caters
Today at 12:16 AM
Another beginner
by mojoe
Today at 12:02 AM
GH1 tuning pin torque
by awyaks
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission