2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (bcalvanese, BillS728, APianistHasNoName, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, danno858, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2121756 07/23/13 01:36 AM
J
j4cong Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We are looking for Piano teacher for over 6 and 8 years old in San Francisco Bay Area, Ca.
Preferably someone who is really able to connect with kids and also able to teach the music theory.
Appreciate any recommendation via PM.
Btw, we live in Santa Clara county.

Thanks,
Jcong

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'm Greek and live in Greece so I can't help you in any case but I can't help but wonder: The more traditional ways of finding a teacher (ad list, telephone call, etc) isn't it better, since it involves actually talking to the teacher?

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
MTAC.ORG will help you
Just type in your zip code

Piano lessons in Irvine, CA
Follow my 4YO student here: http://bit.ly/FollowMeiY
J
j4cong Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I just did that and got in first page over 75 people with 3 miles radius from my house. I guess that explain it why I would rather narrow it down with some recommendation from students and their parent first before pick up the phone and call!
I did not know so many qualified Piano teachers live round around us! pretty impressive!

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Santa Clara is one of those areas with a GLUT of piano teachers. You will not have a problem finding a well-qualified teacher. The problem might be which well-qualified teacher to hire!

Private Piano Teacher and MTAC Member
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
My suggestion to you would be, if you move to new place and you currently still do not know anyone who plays piano and could give you recommendation, you could google search teachers name (you said 75 teachers in 3 miles radius, right?) and see if you can find some of their website to read more about them.

Piano lessons in Irvine, CA
Follow my 4YO student here: http://bit.ly/FollowMeiY
M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by j4cong
I just did that and got in first page over 75 people with 3 miles radius from my house.

Yes you live in the middle of Pianoteacherville. Most MTAC branches keep a list of teachers currently accepting students. Probably many of those 75 are not. I'd suggest contacting the branch - there should be a branch website - and ask for a list of teachers currently accepting new students. That should give you a smaller list to get started with.

Best wishes on your family's musical journey!

Pianist and Piano Teacher
J
j4cong Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Than you all for wonderful help. I still take any recommendation from any parents whose child has a great piano teacher in area we live.

Last edited by j4cong; 07/25/13 10:35 AM.
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
J4cong,

Try asking at a reputable piano store in your area who DOESN'T have their own studio. Russell Kassman in Berkley has been a mover and shaker in the Bay area piano scene (and nationally) for something like 30 years. He knows everybody. Maybe give him a call.
If your children's school has a mailing list, you can reach out for local referrals that way. All of our local schools have such discussion groups and it is quite common to get tradesman and teacher referrals from it.
I always get a kick out of the fact that I went out to the internet to do a citywide search for a teacher after my kid's first teacher went a little loopy and I found the teacher that lives literally across my back fence. Well, across the back fence and down one house but still...

good luck,

Kurt

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
Hi Jcong, can you be more specific about which part of Santa Clara County? I have some excellent contacts up there that may be interested in taking on new students.

R
R
My daughter has a piano teacher that has been a really good fit for her. She is in the 94002 area, which I think would be a rather long drive from Santa Clara.

Last edited by rlinkt; 07/26/13 12:05 AM.
J
j4cong Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We are in. 94087 area code and yes 94002 is long drive!
Thank you both.
Jc

Hi Jcong, I apologize for the late reply in getting back to you.

My colleague in your area is Katherine C. She is a wonderful teacher with a resume 1000 miles long and has taught children's piano for a very long time.

She's in Cupertino which appears to be about 5 miles from your 94087 zip code. You can read more about Katherine and contact her at:

http://www.onlessons.com/instructor/view/xe9eef13

Good luck!

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission