2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Max, "McGiver" was a character in a television series here in N.A. who got himself out of bad situations by using devices he built out of scraps. He is often referred to when someone must make do with limited resources or uses unconventional methods.

Piano Technician
George Brown College /85
Niagara Region
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark R.
Max,
How would you evaluate your own tuning?

Thank Mark R, for your attention. Here it is necessary to understand me that I did consciously choose unstandard A4. Why not? Upright (36) years of age are not tuned for a long time, I'm afraid to break a string. I first identify the more or less correct-sounding sounds and correct their Intervals with the rest of the piano
D (D6) sounds no tuning? at 7:42 and 7:53 Sorry Mark, my ear is acceptable

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Emmery
Max, "McGiver" was a character in a television series here in N.A. who got himself out of bad situations by using devices he built out of scraps. He is often referred to when someone must make do with limited resources or uses unconventional methods.

And, he could work miracles with duct tape... oddly enough, I work in the field of HVACR and we do not use duct tape on HVAC ducts; it’s okay for a while but then disintegrates and comes apart after a short time... laugh

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member

maxim_tuner_bodger_McGiver from Kazakhstan. It's joke

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rickster

it’s okay for a while but then disintegrates and comes apart after a short time... laugh

Rick

everything in this world to break finally

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Bob
I would suggest to Max that perhaps he is not doing enough passes on this piano. This piano likely needed a pitch raise, and two additional passes - and even then would not be stable without another trip after the strings had stretched a bit. Belarus pianos I've seen here in the USA are not the best instrument, and were very unstable at first.

Bob,if you can detail write your feelings "Belarus" upright about. What it was in your practice many this piano? In my video it's was buyed about 35 dollars

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Bob

Also, I recommend ear protection while vacuuming.

Charlie Chaplin did not use thing protection in his films. It's joke

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
More than a year when Max tuned Daniel's upright "Belarus" . He took competition program now . Grand piano "Blüthner"
http://my.mail.ru/video/mail/golovkovdanila/_myvideo/9.html

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Maximillyan; 08/04/13 02:26 AM.
R
rXd Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
If nothing else, Max's threads bring to light that bad habits acuired in the early stages of learning are extremely difficult to erradicate later on.

Amanda Reckonwith
Concert & Recording tuner-tech, London, England.
"in theory, practice and theory are the same thing. In practice, they're not." - Lawrence P. 'Yogi' Berra.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by rxd
that bad habits acuired in the early stages of learning are extremely difficult to erradicate later on.

Yes it's so. But Max tries to come with it's. He shows in Daniel's clips as Dan plays on grand piano after one year study. Max knows about myself all. And him don't should write here about myself

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
I think what he's saying is that he knows you are right, rxd, but he is the only one who knows his situation and what is acceptable / necessary / required.

Does that sound right, Max? I feel your communication is improving, and with it your humility shines through. Thanks for these videos.

Your tuning is improving as well. The unisons still aren't particularly solid, and the temperament not particularly even, but nothing sticks out too much, certainly good enough to bring out the Bach this kid is playing.

Last edited by Phil D; 08/05/13 02:18 AM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Phil D
but nothing sticks out too much, certainly good enough to bring out the Bach this kid is playing.

Dear Phil D, for me a great honor to read your message now. I dare to hope that my temperament will improve, because I work a lot on it's. I've much read themes on our forum. A criticisms of technicians to helps me lift the level in side of improvement. I am happy that I can help children tuning piano in music school. A kids and their teachers thanked me for my work in this year.
Regards, Max

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission