Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#2132987 - 08/14/13 09:27 PM Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum “Beginners and Beyond” Recital #31!!!

Please use this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital #31 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital #31 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music! heart

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2133071 - 08/14/13 10:25 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Last recital I didn't get the time to comment, and I felt bad about that. So this time I took the time-honored method of cheating and started listening early, abusing greatly my admin privileges in the process. laugh But at least I got a head start on my comments, and I hope to get to everybody else in the next couple of days.

I had an epiphany about the recitals, though: One of my favorite parts is reading people's comments about their pieces and the learning/recording process. I think I learn so much about the music, and the performers, reading those comments, and I gain much more than I would by just listening to the recordings alone. thumb

01. Andy Platt – Invention: I never have much intelligent to say about the Bach pieces in the recital, other than my hat’s off to all of you who attempt Bach, given the difficulties in playing the various voices. Andy, you do a great job of conveying the playful nature of this piece while at the same time controlling the tempo carefully.

02. Diana/ sinophilia – This and That: Oh, what a cute, jaunty piece. Love that deep bass note at the end! It’s clear you had a lot of fun playing it, and I had fun listening to it. I agree with you on the tempo; it flows nicely at its current pace, and I don’t think it would sound as good any faster. Wish it were longer, though.

03. Greener – Waltz in C# minor: You’re to be commended for tackling such a famous Chopin waltz, and I think you did a credible job on it. Those ornamentations sound very very hard, but what I was impressed most by was the smoothness and delicacy of your runs up the keyboard.

04. Dannylux / Mel – Nocturne: We can always count on you to introduce us to less known composers who deserve to be better known! I love the beautiful melody that opens this piece; it sounds much like a lullaby. Your playing suits the lush and romantic style of the piece well.

05. MaryBee – Three Sinfonias: I could probably copy and paste my comments for Andy here: Anybody who tackles Bach gets a big shout-out from me given how difficult it is to articulate all the voices. I liked your second invention the best; it has a more wistful air that I find more enjoyable than the typical Bach composition.

06. wouter79 – Andante con moto : Love the dark, slightly ominous key changes around the 1:50 mark. Good use of dynamic variation. I think your use of the pedal works well with this piece (admittedly, I am a huge fan of the pedal!).

07. lyricmudra – Chopin Nocturne: You may win my vote for most difficult piece played well! That run right around 2:10 had my jaw dropping. wow Very impressive!

08. SwissMs – Debussy Arabesque 1: I really liked those cascading downward runs. I kept envisioning a waterfall in a creek splashing among rocks on a beautiful spring day. Well done.

09. Sam S – Chopin Nocturne: Achingly beautiful. I took one look at the sheet music in your video, saw all those ornamentations, and promptly swooned. But you make it sound so effortless. You nailed the dynamics.

10. Casinitaly – Schumann: This piece has such a delicate poignancy. Expression is everything in it, and you do a fantastic job of playing expressively.

#2133120 - 08/15/13 01:35 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
46. joangolfing - Little Bird - I really like this - Grieg, like Tchaikovsky, could really use music to tell a story. Well done passing this story along! smile

47. Mar_red - Close Every Door - I'm confused as to how to respond to this:

Do I compliment the difficulty in this piece, or compliment how wonderful your Schimmel sounds, or compliment how excellent your playing is?

I've never heard this before, so I thank you for introducing me to this. I don't think I could ever play this as well as you did here, so I'm glad you're the one presenting this one for all of us! smile

As far as the choice of compliments above, I have no choice but to submit all three. wink

48. Mile Hi Steve - Joy in G - a wonderful rendition of this classic - excellent!

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Dainas No. 3 - Like you stated, I have recording problems as well, but I don't know what you're talking about after listening to this. If you do have red-dot problems, you've managed to cover them up superbly. Nicely done and an enjoyable listen!

50. Copper - Variation No. 14 - Lovely piece, well done!

51. Lady_Augustina - The North Sea - Very nice! I'll surely have to look this one up!

52. WJ3 / Walt - Solace A Mexican Serenade (1909) - Nothing by Joplin is "easy"! Nice job tackling this one!

53. carlos88 - Bruyeres (Heather) - Well done on this prelude by Debussy - you've inspired me to learn 6 preludes as well (or a couple, sounds difficult!).

54. AimeeO - Sonatina Op. 55, no. 1 - Something I'm familiar with - all I can say is "Well Done!" on a difficult piece!

55. BenPiano - Nefeli - I would suggest getting a teacher but even that wouldn't help your sorry ass.

56. Ohio_Mark - Minuet in F Major - I've really enjoyed these minuets from Mozart - I've found them very helpful along my way. You played this spot on - I hope it has helped you on your way!

#2133123 - 08/15/13 01:41 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Whizbang Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Congratulations to everyone who bravely put their talents on display. I'm enjoying my listening experience.

#2133128 - 08/15/13 02:15 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Everyone on acoustic, as usual please give me a PM if you want my feedback.

#2133133 - 08/15/13 02:59 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: wouter79]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
This recital looks like the best selection of music yet! I am really enjoying listening. Here is my first group of comments:

01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major I really love this Invention. There is so much going on. I thought your tempo worked well, and the voices were well balanced. Loved it!!

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That Such a jaunty tune! You played it well. I liked your interpretation.

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2 This is probably my favorite Chopin Waltz. You did it justice. I love the Piu Mosso secton. Your tempo was perfect. I lot of people rush this in my opinion. Well played!

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne Thank you for introducing me to a new composer. What a beautiful piece! Your playing gave it a bittersweet feeling. Very nice balance with the melody moving from hand to hand.

05. MaryBee - Three Sinfonias Gorgeous, well balanced playing on these three part inventions. I especially liked #14. You set a standard I hope to reach someday!

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19b It does sound sad for E Major, which I always think of as uplifting. Your playing brings out this sadness very well. Nice dynamics and phrasing!

07. lyricmudra - Nocturne in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2 Beautiful playing of this gorgeous nocturne. It does sound challenging! I like your shaping of the phrasing, and those lovely cascades! Watching your video, your hands look so relaxed and expressive at the keyboard. You make a good role model!

09. Sam S - Nocturne Opus 37/1 Another nocturne that is new to me! Very sensitively played. Those ornaments do sound challenging, but you pulled them off effortlessly! You have put yet another nocturne on my list of pieces I want to play!

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss Such a sad piece. I like the contrasting dynamics with sudden accents. Nice transfer from hand to hand. Very nicely played!

Working on:
Handel - Allemande in A Minor
Bach - Inv. #14
Beethoven - Sonata #79 2nd mvmt
Kuhlau op. 88 - 3

#2133140 - 08/15/13 03:30 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Here is the part where I tell you what things sound like.. excuse my lack of technical knowledge.

01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major I like your rendition – it has a gentle, mellow feel, while still getting the point across. I don’t think it sounds monotonous at all. You got the meaning piece across without “forcing” it.

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That That’s not lazy, it’s a strut and a saunter with sass! I like it.

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2 I think you’re doing quite well in your pursuit of this piece. It’s one you’ll grow with – and you’ve definitely got a strong hold on it. I think it sounds pretty awesome as it is right now.
04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne That’s a great find, and you play it beautifully. It sounds very familiar – where is it from?

05. MaryBee - Three Sinfonias Those are always a joy to listen to, and your performance is no exception. I especially like the excitement you inject into no 15. That piece could very easily sound chaotic, and you keep it in check.

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19b 19 no 1 is one of my favorites, and I’m so very glad you didn’t speed through it! Your tempo choice was ideal, and it is a wonderful performance.

07. lyricmudra - Nocturne in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2 One thing I’ve learned from these recitals is how much Chopin there is out there that I don’t know. That’s a stunning piece! I really enjoyed it. Your performance sounded so natural – like you were breathing that piece. Most impressive.

08. SwissMS/Doris - Arabesque 1 Having dabbled(and ran far away from) that piece, well done.. It sounds fantastic!

09. Sam S - Nocturne Opus 37/1 Another Chopin piece I never heard, but it sounds gorgeous. I can give you nothing but admiration.

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss Your admiration for the period is shining through in your performance .. I was getting depressed over some poor kid’s first loss! Well done!

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1 I was going to stop at 10, but then I heard Satie and had to keep going. When I think of the Gnossiennes, I think of Satie cycling through his grief over that woman that moved away. I think your rendition has a great, brooding feel to it that suits it remarkably. And I also must say that the bass on that O is amazing.

And thanks for the compliment Ben - I know you've played it, so it's even more appreciated smile

I might pull a Ben and do my next batch from the end. Seeya tomorrow!

Edited by AimeeO (08/15/13 03:33 AM)

#2133156 - 08/15/13 04:43 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major What a delightful recital opener. This is one of those pieces that "sounds" simple on the surface, in great part because it is played so well. You have to listen attentively to hear the complexities! Lovely job on this Andy, I think the pace is fine and suits the piece well. Bravo!

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That Loved this jazzy number. I can see that could be played at different tempos for different effects - but I do like this one! You really caught the feel of it, and your efforts on coordinating LH RH paid off very nicely. This indeed an entertaing piece you should be very pleased with! Complimenti!

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2 Our first Chopin - This is one of my favourites. It is clear that you've put in a lot of work on this. I think that I would suggest you slow it down a notch to make it more evenly balanced throughout -and then bring it up to speed. Interestingly enough the faster parts seem to flow off your fingers more smoothly than the slower, which makes me curious to look up the score and see what kind of torture Mr. C sets the performer up for in those bars! I would love to hear this again in a few months!

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne I read your introductory remarks with trepidation. I am not a fan of discord. However, the effect was not to be feared. A very interesting piece- a wistful, sad -perhaps nostalgic piece. I could see it as the background music to a series of black and white photos, or an old b&w film from the 20s. Life scenes, touching moments. Very evocative. An elegant piece indeed - loved the rich full sound in the last part!

05. MaryBee - Three Sinfonias To tackle one of thise would have been challenge - to do all three! Wow. A true delight to listen to, with the typical intricacies and interweaving voices! Your work on the 32nd notes shines. Thank you for such a pleasurable listening experience!

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19b I read your introduction with interest, and actually had to look up seufzer! This piece, I would describe as pure poetry. This type of music really brings out the beauty of your piano's voice and your dynamics bring out the drama and tension in the "story" as it unfolds. As always, I'm impressed with how far you've come in a relatively short time.

07. lyricmudra - Nocturne in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2 I watched your video - it was great to see your hands moving so lightly and relaxed. This was a truly beautiful performance of a wonderful piece of music. I loved listening to you!

08. SwissMS/Doris - Arabesque 1 Wonderful! Mr. Casinitaly and I both watched your video and he said -"ah - she played that at the piano party!" - smile Ironically, I had a better view of your hands in the video than when you played in person and I loved watching your relaxed flowing movements as your fingers danced over the keys. This was a wonderfully confident performance. You made it look very easy-- which it clearly isn't!- but this is one of the key signs of a good performance, the audience (in general) has no idea how hard it is to do, they are just carried away on magical carpet of listening delight.

09. Sam S - Nocturne Opus 37/1 I watched the video so I could see the score - becuase I know I can't understand how complex his pieces are until I look at the score. For example in the heavy chord section - who knew there would be so many notes in both hands? You say there were a lot of mistakes, but I don't think they are glaringly obvious, I will confess I'm not sure I could hear them at all. I think you did a great job on the ornamentations, as well as managing the deep resonating sounds in contrast with the higher, more delicate passages. Definitely a performance to be pleased with !

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss What can I say. I still feel like I'm missing something on this - I'd like to review it with my teacher again in the fall. Overall this is actually one of my top performances (of this piece) and I'm happy about that. I just have this niggling feeling that I'm missing some nuance. I am indeed in love with music of this period though, so I'm sure I'll get more practice and improve more along the way!

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1 Satie is indeed a particular composer - and don't you just love his notes to the performer? - Your performance of this piece made me think of some kind of mystical experience - possibly drug induced - there is an exotic feel too it - hinting at the orient - rich dark tones, slightly discordant mocking lighter tones- and yet it is a relaxing piece. I envisage someone walking through a dense fog, and at odd moments the fog clears to allow a brief glimpse out of the corner of the walker's eye. Fascinating music, beautifully played Glen! I hope your recovery keeps coming along so that you can enjoy your music more (and share it with us!)

Well, that's the end of part 1 --- looking forward to the next session!

#2133169 - 08/15/13 06:08 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Random and pithy comments:

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That - delightfully blusey & far too short...

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne - sparklingly serene - masterfully played - listened 3 times...

More to follow...

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2133176 - 08/15/13 06:50 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Just in case... I created a copy of all the files:

ABF Recital #31 BACKUP

The music player has compatibility with mobile devices too, so, there is no excuse to not listen all the pieces smile

Edited by CarlosCC (08/15/13 07:10 AM)

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2133185 - 08/15/13 07:31 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
#56. Mark- A nice way to start the day. Mozart, short and sweet. Well done.
#55. Ben- If not for these recitals I would never hear these lovely pieces. Very nicely played.
#54. Aimeeo- Hey, you are really moving with this one. You got my foot tapping and everything. smile
#53. Carlos88- I used to listen to so much Debussy and it was always such a rewarding (if not frustrating) challenge to try to learn. You are doing a fantastic job with this. You sound like a pro! Really.

#2133231 - 08/15/13 09:09 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Woohoo, new recital! Let's listen to some beautiful music.

01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major
Is this supposed to be played faster? It sounds perfect at the current tempo. Wouldn't change a thing.

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That
Short and sweet. The bass may be simple but it gets the point across. The melody is clear and not so simple. Very nice!

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2
This sounds pretty difficult and as of you're not entirely comfortable with the piece yet. It can only get better from here smile

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne
I never managed to get this kind of sound out of my Yamaha digital frown Never heard of this composer, of course. You learn a lot of new music at these recitals.

05. MaryBee - Three Sinfonias
I can hear why you don't like the left hand trills; the right hand ones are noticably better. These sinfonias are quite beautiful. Almost makes me want to play some Bach.

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19b
You are playing many of my favourite classics for these recitals, Wouter. It's amazing how well you do with only four years experience.

07. lyricmudra - Nocturne in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2
Beautifully played. I'm really enjoying all the Chopin music every recital.

08. SwissMS/Doris - Arabesque 1
Even better than what you played for us at the EPP. Your music is very enjoyable to listen to when there's no muttering about mistakes wink

09. Sam S - Nocturne Opus 37/1
You don't have trouble with the ornaments anymore, do you?

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss
Cheryl, since the piano party, I want to hear this played on a grand. When are you upgrading? You know you're good enough for one laugh

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1
Satie's "song titles" are as different as his music. What's a gnossienne? Apparently a slow moody piece that conveys its emotions perfectly.

12. Peyton - Message From Space: Part Four- A Journey to the Far Side of the World
Yeah! I liked this one very much. I love exploring, so why not to the far side of the world. I hear the music there is good.

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major
Regarding difficulty: those little kids kick my behind, and so do you! Good to hear you play classical.

14. Allard - Dreamer's Waltz
Comparing this to other recordings... I really need a better recording device. There is so much noise.
And no, I don't know why someone is doing fireworks in july, either. If it's to distract this loud neighbour, it didn't work :p

15. peterws - Contemplation 5
Argh, my ears! :p What's that noise doing in the intro and outro? The other voices are so sweet.

16. Richard (zrtf90) - Die Zelle in Nonnenwerth
Ahem... the sheet music isn't the only thing that's four pages. I almost feel bad sticking to only one line of commentary, but that's just what I do...
okay, here you go: bravo!

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em
Awesome!

18. Mr Super- Hunky - Rain (Cover)
Mmm... noodling... noodles. After lunch, I think I'll go outside and play in the rain.

19. Earlofmar - Minuet in G major (BWV Anh. 116)
Be careful that you don't bite the dust, playing too much and eating too little! You're learning fast.

20. patH / Patrick Hollstein - Der tanzende Schwan (The dancing swan)
The main reason why I took on twenty pieces for my first listening sessions: patH's Der Tanzende Schwan! A pleasure to hear you play again.

#2133247 - 08/15/13 09:45 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Copper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia

Thank you Monica, mahlzeit and Sam S.!

#2133286 - 08/15/13 10:51 AM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Hmmm... I tried to fix the problem with the thread title having a # sign, but all it did was change it on the first post. Not sure what/how to fix it so it changes it for all the posts. frown help

#2133288 - 08/15/13 10:52 AM Re: Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

testing, testing...

Edited by AB Forum Recital (08/15/13 10:52 AM)

#2133290 - 08/15/13 10:52 AM Re: Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

testing a second time.

#2133292 - 08/15/13 10:53 AM Re: Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AB Forum Recital Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I guess I had to change it at the end of the thread to apply to all subsequent posts. Let's see if this works.

#2133294 - 08/15/13 10:57 AM Re: Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
It works for me now Monica - and that's all that's important, right? smile

Thanks,

Sam

#2133311 - 08/15/13 11:39 AM Re: Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]

Second batch!

12. Peyton - Message From Space: Part Four- A Journey to the Far Side of the World You had me from the first "ping" - I very much enjoyed this, along with the presentation of your art. My favourite pieces were the first 2, the one at 2:00 and the next one with the wee white dog. I liked the meditative flow of the piece and it is great fun to be following the ongoing messages from outerspace. Do keep them coming!

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major Ed, never pay attention to kids playing pieces you are playing. It is just a bad idea. I remember Glen playing this piece, it was the first time I had heard it too. It reminds me a bit of Debussy's Arabesque - I think you've done a charming job on it - you've achieved a lushious flow and delicacy that is just wonderful to hear. Well done indeed! Thank you!

14. Allard - Dreamer's Waltz It was a pleasure to hear you play this at the EPP, and now we've got a recording we can listen to whenever we like. It is quite impressive to see what you are able to do after just a year and a half, with control and dynamics...Great work!

15. peterws - Contemplation 5 Well, that was very interesting-- I was - at first- disconcerted by the sounds of nature, but once I got into it, that was a lot of fun. The music was very pretty, relaxing, and enjoyable!

16. Richard (zrtf90) - Die Zelle in Nonnenwerth Richard, I read your intro with great interest. I found the sound of the piece was much more modern than I expected - which was interesting. What an array of sound, sensation, sentiment. So many contrasting sections- I loved the part with the arpeggios in the right hand and the melody in the left. I found, more than once that I felt I was hearing bells for calls to prayer through out the day. Perhaps without the background notes that thought may not have entered my mind, but it did and I enjoyed the idea. I can see that this piece would require a great deal of skill and concentration - you brought both to it, with rich results. Complimenti!

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em What a great piece. You've create a real atmosphere and a period feel with this music. A great pleasure to listen to.

18. Mr Super- Hunky - Rain (Cover) Well, what a talent you have for listening and then being able to play a piece.
I am not familiar with the orginal of this piece - but your version is charming. It is the kind of music that lets you intensify the mood you're feeling- there are levels of mixed emotions - wistfulness, optimism - a hint of foreshadowing, a cloud on the future - joy and contentment. This is a performance I plan to listen to more! Your lunch sounds tasty too - even the weird combo for dessert smile

19. Earlofmar - Minuet in G major (BWV Anh. 116) Delightful! I could listen to Bach all day. Your performance is graceful, delicate and yes, I think the dancers would be inspired to take to the floor ! Most enjoyable!

20. patH / Patrick Hollstein - Der tanzende Schwan (The dancing swan) Patrick! So glad you could join us for this recital! It was tremendous fun to hear you play this at the EPP, and so much fun to have a video to call up now whenever the whim takes me. This is just a pure delight- so playful, lively and energetic!

#2133354 - 08/15/13 12:36 PM Re: Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Second batch:

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1 I like the uneasy feel of this this piece. You captured the almost otherworldly feel it has. Beautifully played!

12. Peyton - Message From Space: Part Four- A Journey to the Far Side of the World I have enjoyed following your continuing saga! Your paintings are beautiful. I like the warm colors and pastels that you used. The music matched the feeling of the paintings very nicely.

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major I can see why you liked this piece. Beautiful arpeggios, very well played! I like how the melody flows in and out of the arpeggios.

14. Allard - Dreamer's Waltz What a wonderful dedication to Saranoya! You played this with wonderful sensitivity. Absolutely beautiful. You have a lot of musicality for less than two years on the bench! By the way, your playing at the EPP caused me to buy a David Lanz book! Oh, and in answer to your comment on my piece - yes, I think I would play better if I duck-taped my mouth!

15. peterws - Contemplation 5 This is music for meditation! I visualized myself at a spa relaxing with the sounds of nature all around. Very nice!

16. Richard (zrtf90) - Die Zelle in Nonnenwerth What a pensive piece! I appreciate your including the harmonic analysis. It adds a lot to the listening experience. I think you captured the celestial nature of the piece well. The restraint you gave it really set the mood. I enjoyed it!

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em Em should be pleased! Very nice, relaxed jazz. I liked the free form improve feeling you gave it.

18. Mr Super- Hunky - Rain (Cover) I am in awe of how you can hear it in your mind, just play it back, and it comes out like this! You have created a beautiful arrangement and played it very sensitively. I really enjoyed it.

19. Earlofmar - Minuet in G major (BWV Anh. 116) I really like this minuet. I remember learning it and finding out that it is not as easy as it seems. You did a very nice job with it. Good balance between the voices, and nice dynamics. It will get smoother with time!

20. patH / Patrick Hollstein - Der tanzende Schwan (The dancing swan) This is even better than at the EPP! You have created such a playful fun piece! Really great listening!

Working on:
Handel - Allemande in A Minor
Bach - Inv. #14
Beethoven - Sonata #79 2nd mvmt
Kuhlau op. 88 - 3

#2133408 - 08/15/13 02:46 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
Just in case... I created a copy of all the files:

ABF Recital #31 BACKUP

The music player has compatibility with mobile devices too, so, there is no excuse to not listen all the pieces smile

NOTICE
Someone is using the backup site (box.com) to do individual comments of the pieces.
Please, write here (in PW) your individual comments. Comments written in BOX.COM site will not be copied to here.

Thanks.
CarlosCC

EDIT: Of course anyone can check if there is any comment on box.com files. But this is not pratical and this is not the objective of the backup site.

Edited by CarlosCC (08/15/13 02:49 PM)

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2133412 - 08/15/13 02:58 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
dynamobt Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
OK, determined to do better regarding comments this time around. So, here is the first batch. Yes, I am critical sometimes. But that's because the level of playing is very high already. It's nuances I'm picking on. Just little things that could bring things to an even higher level. All in all, WELL DONE!! Really enjoying listening!!!

01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major- I always enjoy listening to Bach. He seems to create order in the world where sometimes there is none. You’ve done a very good job with this piece. Very distinct melodies. I think you could have played a bit more with dynamics to make the piece flow a bit better. But very enjoyable to listen to as is. I like the tempo. It’s contemplative.

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That – I like it!! Kept me wondering where it was going to go. Nice effects on the digital piano too. I’ve been looking at digitals with more interest lately. Back on topic, very nicely done! There’s kind of a sassy sway to it. Very nice!

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2 – Ahhhh, Chopin! As you say, “A work in progress”. Very nice moments. But might I suggest taking a deep breath and going a big slower so the tempo reductions in the difficult sections are not so noticeable. Also, think about phrasing a bit more. It’s OK to inhale at the end of a phrase! Piano is the only instrument that can be played without reaching the end of a bow draw or running out of breath! So we more than other instrumentalists have to sing our melodies and create definite singing lines. Keep at it. Would love to hear it again when more polished.

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne – Oh my gosh is this a pretty piece!! Very haunting melody. Nearly moved me to tears. And that’s the truth!! Nice job bringing out the melody in each hand. A very enjoyable listen!

05. MaryBee - Three Sinfonias – Ahhh, more Bach!!! Very accomplished playing indeed!! My only suggestion is to work on bringing out the voices more when in the left hand. Your right hand came on a bit too strong in places. This is really good playing of Bach. But there is always more to discover when it comes to Bach!!

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19
- The singing line is everything in this piece. And while I think you manage it in some places, I don’t hear it throughout. More pedal? More relaxation in your hand? Now granted, this is picking on some very high level details. But your playing indicates that you are ready to take the next step to even more beautiful playing. Still, very enjoyable to listen to.

07. lyricmudra - Nocturne in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2 – Wow, no teacher?? You are really doing well on your own!! You have a great feel for the music. Your phrasing and rubato are really right there. Very nice touch on the piano. Hope you can find a teacher because you are very talented. Very nice!!

08. SwissMS/Doris - Arabesque 1 – Debussy= not easy!! You play him very well. The hardest part of this piece is the descending arpeggios and you played them the best!! A little stiff in the middle of the piece. But you relaxed at the end and played the ascending arpeggio very nicely! Well done!!

09. Sam S - Nocturne Opus 37/1 – Ahhh, the first Chopin Nocturne I ever learned! And yes, the ornamentals nearly gave me a heart attack at first too!! The Alfred edition has them a bit different than how my teacher taught them to me. Still, very nice. I differed in the tempo of both sections from you. A bit faster in the A section a bit slower in the B section. But the end result is very enjoyable to listen to. Very nicely done!

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss – Schumann, one of my favorites!! He is the master of these short but very moving pieces. You did a nice job with this. I think the melody could have been sustained and sung more. But still well done!

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1 – You nailed this!! Beautiful phrasing, dynamics, singing melody! My only suggestion might be to soften the left hand chords a bit. But, that’s being mighty picky!! Very nicely done! Really enjoyed this!!!

#2133416 - 08/15/13 03:07 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1 I love this Satie piece; somehow it manages to be both sad and playful at the same time, and you do a wonderful job of conveying both emotions.

12. Peyton - Message From Space: Part Four- A Journey to the Far Side of the World This is my favorite installment of your “Message From Space” series, perhaps because it is has such a beautifully mellow, almost melancholy, air. But it’s not too slow: the section starting around the 3:05 mark makes the urgency of your traveler apparent. Love the video, by the way, and the slide show of your artwork. smile

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major I don’t care how many little kids play this piece, it doesn’t sound easy to me! The nonstop runs would give me fits, but you handle them well and do a nice job of bringing out the melody. I really like the part that starts around the 1:00 mark.

14. Allard - Dreamer's Waltz This is one of Lanz’s prettiest compositions. Your playing captures well the delicacy of the melody. And your piano room looks heavenly. smile

15. peterws - Contemplation 5 I really enjoyed this composition. As I listened to it, I thought it would make a great recording for a guided imagery or meditation session. The “horse clop” percussion effects were a pleasant surprise that added a nice touch to the piece.

16. Richard (zrtf90) - Die Zelle in Nonnenwerth I will confess that I often find Liszt to be a little too frenetic and angry for my taste. But this piece is simply gorgeous with all those delicate arpeggios and soft repeated chords. I really enjoyed your in-depth description of the piece, too; I think I would probably resonate to classical music much more if I could take a music appreciation class with you!

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em This was the perfect mellow jazz to listen to on a beautiful summer afternoon. I sure didn’t hear any bloopers, only lots of intricate jazzy runs played flawlessly.

18. Mr Super- Hunky - Rain (Cover) You are truly a gifted arranger of music. I really like what you’ve done with this piece. There’s a delicate music box quality intermingled with some interesting key changes and (of course) delicious deep bass notes from your mighty Mason. smile

19. Earlofmar - Minuet in G major (BWV Anh. 116) Good job on a challenging Bach piece. I think the hand independence required for this one would give me conniptions, but you deal with it admirably. I really liked the quality of your video, as well. Sharp picture, great viewing angle, and dramatic lighting.

20. patH / Patrick Hollstein - Der tanzende Schwan (The dancing swan) That’s an impressive composition, and quite classical in tone! I would’ve guessed it had been composed 100 years ago by some famous guy. smile

#2133420 - 08/15/13 03:11 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: CarlosCC]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
I am thoroughly enjoying listening to everyone's recordings. After being away from PW for a few months, I am very glad to be back in the mix. Congrats all!

01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major Excellent playing, Andy. I enjoy the tempo you've employed - you've made both voices sing. And your dynamics are spot on! You've given this invention a warm non-academic feel - not easy to do. Very enjoyable.

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That Love it! Really great bluesy feeling you've conveyed. I also enjoyed the "jazz sparkle" sound giving this little piece a nightclub feel. Very nicely done - I wish it was a little longer, too! smile

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2 You've got this waltz pretty well in hand. Your transitions are done perfectly. The feeling you put into this makes it a joy to listen to. It seems you became more comfortable as the piece progressed. Nice work!

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne I always look forward to your choice in recital pieces. This is an incredibly beautiful nocturne, played impeccably. I also really enjoyed the classic nocturne feel meshed with the more modern. Another wonderful introduction to a new-to-me composer. I loved it!

05. MaryBee - Three Sinfonias Marybee! Wonderful playing - very confident and articulate. I love the 3 part inventions. #11 is my personal favorite. (I used to play this one but it lacked your precision.) Your ornaments were so clean and appropriately executed, and added to the melodic feeling in all three. Yikes! #15 - amazingly well played! Brava for putting the three together for the recital.

more to follow.....

#2133424 - 08/15/13 03:16 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

21. aTallGuyNH
piece: New York State of Mind intro only
technical:
clipping: a lot. Auto volume at its 'finest'...
balance L/R: ok
noise: yes, ticking of ice, breathing, clipping, something buzzing in the camera, white noise blooming when the volume drops during long chords, distorted dynamics.
bass: nice
depth of field: little
piano sound: nice. Rediculous sustains due to auto volume smile

musical:
overall impression, like:
Beautiful chords. Sounds very soothing. Sounds like you got all the right chords, I didn't hear a sudden cringing chord. It's nice already to play it like this.
But still a long way to go still to get the jazz feel and rythm. Just keep working at it, and book the piano for next recital wink
I like the twinkling of the ice (in the cocktail I guess?) at start and end and during the playing laugh.
Phrasing, rubato, speed changes: dunno, it's too slow for me to judge that smile I think you were mainly stuggling to get the chords down.
Dynamics: Try switching off the auto volume please. You loose all dynamics, if there were any.
articulation: lot of pedal. In beginning a few runs without pedal and I think these are heading the right way.

#2133428 - 08/15/13 03:29 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: wouter79]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Andy Platt Starting at the beginning. Bach`s work seems to depart from the rhythmic repetitive LH and takes time and patience! Well done! You had fun . .

Sinophilia Lovely job on a software piano and accompaniment. Enjoyed greatly!

Greener My missus played this before arthritis set in. Some do it at a mad pace. Sound better slower. Great stuff, man! Chopin ain`t easy. I don`t do him . .

Dannylux Good LH melody and expressive playing; reminds me of the "Onedin Line" theme tune . . .

Marybee Bach makes excellent jazz. I can nearly hear a double bass clonking in . . . your 2nd was more relaxed; the 3rd was a good lively finish. Very well done!

Wouter 79
I think you know a bit about playing and recording. This piece and how you handle it typifies why Mendellsohn is popular. Nice, nice! Loads of feel good . .

Lyricmudra Sooo relaxed. Hard to imagine the problems of Chopin`s day; maybe this helped them forget. A drink would complete the illusion! Excellent!

SwissMs Debussy ain`t easy! Rather you than me . . .A good atmospheric rendition of his work. It paints a lovely picture!

SamS Not a big Chopin fan bt I understand the complexities of his work. That`s why I`m not a . . .Heay, big chords, quite contemplative in character and hard ornaments! Well done!

CasinItalyYour Schumann flows nicely and is very expressive!

Edited by peterws (08/15/13 03:46 PM)

""

#2133476 - 08/15/13 05:07 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
500 Post Club Member

Second batch. The high level of playing contiues!!! You people set the bar high!!!!!

12. Peyton - Message From Space: Part Four- A Journey to the Far Side of the World – Very interesting landscapes along with the music audio. This is not my cup of tea in music. But, the theme was very haunting. Kudos for you for being up to sharing your own creations!!

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major – Very pretty piece! I don’t care if it’s easy or not, you did a nice job of this! Nice singing lines. Very enjoyable!

14. Allard - Dreamer's Waltz – Very nice touch on the piano for someone with only less than two years of lessons! Maybe a little less sustain pedal. But otherwise, very nicely done!

15. peterws - Contemplation 5 – Truly an audio/video production!! Love the sound of your digital piano and the background of wind, water, birds, weather etc!! A fun listen.

16. Richard (zrtf90) - Die Zelle in Nonnenwerth – Liszt! Quite the accomplishment!! I was surprised at the range of dynamics you achieved on the digital! I think you did get “whisper quiet”. And expressed the range of emotions in this piece very well. Thank you for this undertaking. It was beautiful!!

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em – I liked this!! And if you hit wrong notes, I couldn’t tell. Very moody and contemplative. I liked your digital. Nice sound. Got very good acoustic like effect from it!

18. Mr Super- Hunky - Rain (Cover)- Gee, I like your piano!! Wonder why?? (I have one too) Yours is voiced a bit differently than mine. But still has that lovely lower register!!!! This was a pleasant listen. Not knowing the music, I wouldn’t know a wrong note. So, well done!! Know all about new blades, oil, gas for the machines. When you own land there is always a lot to do to keep things running! I suppose your road is a long term project!!

19. Earlofmar - Minuet in G major (BWV Anh. 116)- This is very good playing for less than a year at the piano!!! You have a nice touch on the keys. Very little tension. Which is great because so often you see people banging out Bach at first. You should be very pleased with your progress!! You are playing very well for the time spent at the piano. Good work!!! Keep it up!!!

20. patH / Patrick Hollstein - Der tanzende Schwan (The dancing swan)- Wow!! This is not beginner compositon! This was mighty good! I felt like I was listening to the overture to an opera! Quite floored with your composition ability!! Playing is not so bad either. Love the photo behind the piano!!

21. aTallGuyNH - New York State of Mind (intro only)- The tempo made it difficult for me to follow the melody. But, given your amount of experience, this is still quite a good effort, jingling and all!! Work to bring out the melody when you play. I’m anxious to hear the whole piece. Hope we get that pleasure soon!!

22. PikaPianist - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3, Gb major – VERY well done!! This is a wonderful example of that singing melody I’ve been mentioning. Beautiful singing lines that I didn’t think were possible on a digital. So, call me impressed!!! Beautifully played. Just the right tempo. Phrasing very good. I thought you did a very good job of keeping the underlying accompaniment soft. Very nice!!!

#2133484 - 08/15/13 05:25 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]

And here I am again!

This has been a wonderful day... and more so many more pieces to enjoy tomorrow too!

21. aTallGuyNH - New York State of Mind (intro only) Well that was fun! In particular what fun to play in such a venue. I didn't hear the bottle cap bracelet rattling, but I do believe I saw it. (I am still wearing an anklet my niece made for me last July... but it doesn't interfere with my playing). I would very much like to hear the full version of this when you get around to it- this part is flowing nicely ...c'mon, now for the rest!

22. PikaPianist - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3, Gb major I don't recall having heard this piece before, it is certainly rich in contrasts, and very dramatic! I don't know how many takes you needed to get this recording - but it was worth it. Though I can see it has to be difficult to play, the way if flows from your fingertips looks so smooth, you make it look so effortless! That means there was a lot of work put into the piece. Congratulations on a splendid performance, most enjoyable.

23. Serge88 - Manha de Carnaval Pass me a cigarett and a scotch -- wonderful laid back piano-bar stuff. I liked the overtones of drum - your own little ensemble. Definitely an atmospheric piece! Nicely done.

24. Anne H - Julia arr. by Phillip Keveren Welcome to the recitals! You're really getting settled - Grieg and the ABF recital! This is beautifully played - it isn't familiar to me, but I found it very relaxing and a happy listening experience.

25. Dumik - Chopin nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 Another newcomer to the recitals! Welcome! And a new piano! I remember the first efforts I made with the pedal - I was quite intimidated by the bigger sound! This is one of my favourite Chopin works. You've made your piano sing very beautifully. I am very impressed with your skill after only six months! My compliments to you!

26. dynamobt/ Marilyn - The Seasons, June One take! Good for you. I've done that a few times, but I can't always bring myself to present the first take.....This is a splendid piece - and you have given a stirring performance - great dynamics and embellishments, and that ending! Wow. Delicious. Most enjoyable! Thank you !

27. jotur/Cathy Turner - Shine On Harvest Moon I started humming the tune in my head even before listening. I am nodding my head and tapping my feet as I listen - This is sweetly played and good entertainment! There seems to be a hint of ragtime in it which is the cherry on top! Thank you for this cheery interlude!

28. ClavBoy - Minuet in D minor Sorry to hear you are demotivated about your job. That can make everything feel more difficult that it would be otherwise. This is a charming minuet, I watched the video and enjoyed your performance.

29. (Was) TrueBeginner - Childhood Memories I always enjoy your compositions and this is no exception. Thinking about the title of the piece and the sound - it seems like a reflection of contentment and quiet happiness - thoughtful appreciation, with a hint of wistfulness.

30. daveindenton - Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing It is amazing how many folks had lessons as a kid, gave up and came back. It sounds like you are making up for lost time here! This is a wonderfully uplifting piece - your mom must be delighted. I enjoyed your performance very much.

31. yester - 5 little preludes No. 1 - BWV 939 More Bach! I read in one of your posts that it is important for you to have fun and de-stress at the piano - this piece certainly sounds like you were having fun - and I don't know what is better than Bach for distracting you from other thoughts! Once Bach is in your brain there's no room for anything else! Welcome to the recital!

#2133487 - 08/15/13 05:29 PM Re: Recital #31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
500 Post Club Member

Thank you Cas for your kind comments!! I thought I was ahead in listening and commenting and then you popped in with selections done to #31!! LOL!!! Lots of good listening in this recital!!

#2133542 - 08/15/13 07:04 PM Re: Recital 31 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
I am wowed by the performances this time around!

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19b Your first notes always grab me - the approach to the keyboard is done perfectly. For me, your use of pedal seemed appropriate and done with restraint. You brought out the beautiful melody so that it stood above the wonderful left hand harmonies. Very good flow throughout with excellent dynamics. Beautifully played, Wouter! (Excellent recording, as always).

07. lyricmudra - Nocturne in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2 I can't imagine this played any better. Outstanding feeling, dynamics and control. You most certainly captured the nocturne mood with aplomb! Just achingly beautiful playing. Great recording, too.

08. SwissMS/Doris - Arabesque 1 I'm in awe of your ability with Debussy. This is wonderfully played! For such a flowing piece, you made every note stand out to paint a wonderful picture. Lovely!

09. Sam S - Nocturne Opus 37/1 I love watching your videos with the sheet music - such a great idea. Your phrasing was really well done. I think I felt that first of all. Dynamics were very nice, indeed. For what I would call a rather somber nocturne, you've conveyed delicacy and grace along with the very solemn middle section. Well done contrast. Just marvelous!

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss I suppose I'm always amazed at your progress. You've really put the appropriate feeling and touch in this deceptively simple piece. (Aren't many Schumann pieces deceptively simple?) You have conveyed the intent of the composer very well with your playing. Lovely!

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1 Glen, your piano sounds fantastically perfect for Satie. I love this piece. Everything - tempo, feeling, dynamics are in perfect order. Of course, your precise and careful touch bring out the feeling and mood of the piece. You've done well to allow the listener to "feel", not just hear this music. Just an excellent performance, Glen. (although I do miss your jazz...) This was a real treat!

12. Peyton - Message From Space: Part Four- A Journey to the Far Side of the World I was very taken with the "traveling" undertone of the left hand under your somewhat haunting and illustrative melody. Your music of the message from space series paints such a spectrum of being (if that makes any sense) . Your composition is emotionally superb and, might I add, your artwork is as well. Just very cool all around!

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major What a surprise! A classical piece from one of our jazz guys! I love the somewhat modern sound of this prelude. Beautifully played and what a nice departure. A real joy to hear. Of course your arpeggios are enviable always! (I think it is really great that we can inspire each other on this forum - Glen inspires you, you inspire us, and so on...)

14. Allard - Dreamer's WaltzI'm a Lanz fan so this was a treat to hear in the recital. You've done some really great work for just under two years. You have delicacy and richness and strength in all the right places. A beautiful piece done very well!

15. peterws - Contemplation 5 I love the melody and lightness it evokes. This is just pretty darned cool! With all the other sounds incorporated you've constructed quite a complete picture. Very innovative and a delight to hear!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
DVD recording
by jtattoo
09/20/14 12:45 PM
upgrade from Kawai CN34 to CA65 - how much to pay
by khopin
09/20/14 12:39 PM
Seiler 186 Maestro Grand
by Sam4
09/20/14 12:13 PM
Pain in hands while playing piano - looking for advice!
by Justin_B
09/20/14 10:15 AM
Buying a piano
by tim1889
09/20/14 09:45 AM
Who's Online
118 registered (accordeur, alfredo capurso, allakart, Abby Pianoman, Alex75001, 39 invisible), 1357 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76260 Members
42 Forums
157643 Topics
2315538 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission