2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R

01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major
Excellent performance, Andy. I often wish I had learned to play some of these Bach pieces, not only because they are so enjoyable in their own right, but because I think they must be the best way there is to learn hand independence. Well done.

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That
And something else too!!! Hey, that was delightful, catchy throughout, I will go around humming this for a while. Played with perfect expression. Well done.

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2
Isn't that a beautiful piece? I've always loved it, wish I could play it. Great job, Jeff.

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne
Wonderful piece, and really impresive playing. To me, this comes across like a perfect piece for a tragic movie. Must be hard to play because there is activity in the bass, mid section, and treble section, all at the same time, but you have mastered it and played it very well.

08. SwissMS/Doris - Arabesque 1
Beautiful piece, great playing! So many places where both hand are playing arpeggios at the same time, must be a terriffic challenge and a great lesson in hand independence. Wonderful expression!

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss
A lovely piece, played to perfection. You have a perfect touch for this kind of piece. Well done.

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1
Glen, very interesting! It sorta lulls you into a relaxed state of mind with the repetitive root-chord thing in the LH, but then takes you someplace you weren't expecting, with those unusual scales in the melody. Good selection, and as usual, excellent playing!

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em
Russ, that is such a sophisticated composition, and so well executed, it bowled me over. Well done.

22. PikaPianist - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3, Gb major
Wow, what a complex piece to peform, you should get a gold medal. Melody comes through at all times, without detracting from the accompaniment. Wonderful.

More later.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
36. timmyab - Sonata in C K545 You've played this sonata with the exact delicacy and articulation Mozart calls for. You kept the tempo perfect (this one can run away with one..) A very enjoyable listen, and to my ears, just perfect!

37. Monica K. - Discovery at Night I really like this piece with the contrasts you brought out so well. I love how you played that beautiful soft melody and and smoothly transitioned to those big chords and bass lines. Lovely all around!

38. JimF - Canon in D Minor I hadn't heard this piece before your performance. I like this very much and you play it confidently and smoothly bringing out the moodiness, which makes for somewhat of an introspective piece. Good to see you in the recital! Bravo!

39. Sandy - Consolation This piece was a treat to hear. I wasn't at all familiar with Mendelssohn's consolations You brought out the melody well considering all those big chords - not easy to do. Very nice performance.

40. Jake S - Gnossienne No.1 I love hearing two interpretations of the same piece in a recital. Yours is so different from Inlanding's. I like that (to me, anyway) this was edgier. I loved your dynamics - I felt like I was on a tour of Satie with your performance. Very nice, indeed!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Just a quick message to thank all the people who were so kind to comment on my piece. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely catchy, I might use it as my phone ringtone laugh

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Next ten - It`s great just listening to the different instruments being played. There are many surprises!

InlandingSeet Dark chocolate tines of the Steinway. Has to be played in semi darkness for max. effect, naturally. Satie`s stuff is good, but weird. Like my Citroen . . .Wonderful job, melancholy (slightly) nostalgic music on an ole piano. Just right for an ole fella like me . .!

Peyton Great resonances on that pee-anno and much expression. Your left hand is relentless and should be dropping off any second now. . . . well done!

Riddler Unmistakedly a Yamaha Steinway! I have one, too; they`re great. Very tuneful and interesting work, played with confidence. I enjoyed this.

Allard Minor key music is a feature of so much piano; gives things a wistful or melancholy ethos; you play this with much strength, however which adds plenty to the mix. Decent light and shade, and precision too!

Richard I`ve not heard this before, sounds quite modern but a tad hard to play, methinks; it is a long piece, yo do a fine job. Did you do it in one?

Jazztpt Magic chords; I loved it. Great jazz inclusion, very well thought out and executed! Abstract Musical Art, I`ll call it.

Mr Super Hunky Rythmic and well articulated music on a good PEE-ANNO!

Earlofmar Bach is fun and infuriating at the same time. You and piano sound fine!

PatH Dramatic, wonderful left hand; a great piec of music excellently played. The piano talked today! (must be female)

A Tall guy What a vid! Billy Joel`s done some great stuff in his time. Nicely rendered by you and Instrumemnt!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
41. MrPozor - Waltz in B minor I can hear that you love this waltz because your playing of it comes through so well to the listener. You have a nice touch with the melody. I really enjoyed listening! No mistakes heard here - it was lovely!

42. CarlosCC - Life ("Live from home" version) Carlos! You most certainly have a flair for developing an Einaudi piece. Cudos! So beautiful a melody and with such an exact emotion put into it. It's evident that this is what you love to play. Another truly inspired performance! Amazing!

43. Valencia - The Angel, Op. 30 No. 4 Boy, you sure do have the perfect touch and feel on this delightful & lovely piece. It really has a music box quality to it. I think you performed this lovingly and with true grace. A joy!

44. ladypayne - Canon (Pachelbel)I very much liked your arrangement, bringing some modern tones to the piece. I also really enjoyed the nature sounds which fit very well. Although I do think the extra sound effects overwhelmed your playing a bit. Very nicely done, and the recording is very good, also!

45. Sand Tiger - Avenue DI think this is a very commendable improvisational work. It has such a nice flowing melody, and you kept it all together very concisely. I enjoyed it very much, and am in awe of your improvisational skill! Good job!

46. joangolfing - Little Bird Totally delightful! You brought the bird-like sound and movement out perfectly in your performance. It sounds very tricky. I think you definitely mastered the technical aspects admirably. The whole piece put a big smile on my face. Wonderful choice for the recital!

47. Mar_red - Close Every Door Love those opening runs! (From Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Coat, is it not?) Excellent arrangement of a wonderful song. I also love all those harp-like runs. You really got the perfect mood with your performance. Wonderfully played. Love the ending!

48. Mile Hi Steve - Joy in G Wow! The sound is just perfect for this piece - nice acoustics, which add to the beauty of the piece! Your arrangement is so sweepingly beautiful, and you've brought out the melody perfectly to blend with your underlayment of bass and tenor voices. Such a rich performance. I truly loved it!

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Dainas No. 3 A new piece of music for me, and thoroughly enjoyable. Not having any knowledge of Medins, it sounds somewhat romantic and impressionistic at the same time. I liked the music very much, and, of course, your playing of this piece was wonderful!

50. Copper - Variation No. 14 Oh, such a smoothly, solemn performance. All the voices in this piece were balanced just right. Very moving for such a short piece. Really nice work!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
22-30, Off we go!

Pikapianist A lovely song, extremely well played. Moves most people deeply. I`m gettin` too emotional, (sniff, sniff) have to snap out of it!

Serge 88 I remember this, really nice arrangement, piano bass drums. I`ll have to try that . .soon!

Anne h Piano sounding lovely, gurl. Don`t remember the song, mind; you play it well.

Dumik
Super playing man! Lots of strength and precision there; bl. good for 6m . .

Dynamobt Real expression and ability her. Heard you cough . . Great piece of music; piano`s full of character and the recording seems fine!

Jotur A full lovely sounding piano; you`ll get `em dancing to that, lass! . Barn dance . .

Clavboy Hope you get motivated again soon; sounds good; your keyboard is a cracker!

(Was)Truebeginner Good work; rock steady melody and good left hand; what a room!

Dave in denton This sounds like a modern variant of that hymn. There`s some good stuff in there which sounds excellent. You`ll be put to good use in any church . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
peterws, that's real nice of you to say! That was hubby coughing across the room. You are the only one who has mentioned it!! Good ears! I'll take the compliment on my piano. It's a gem, and I am lucky to have it!!

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
1906 Mason & Hamlin Es
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Some more:

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major - I liked the range of notes that this piece has and you did an very nice job playing those "waves" that Gliere wrote. Very nice to listen to. Nice job!

14. Allard - Dreamer's Waltz - Allard, this is very nice and thanks for bringing another David Lanz piece to this recital. This piece has so many variations but we didn't get lost. I may add Lanz name to my "composers watchlist". Very nicelly done!

15. peterws - Contemplation 5 - Peterws, I've had the experience to send a (full) original piece to ABF Recital, but, my experience was limited to a one instrument - or "sound" -. You used lots of sounds which means you probably had many decisions and experiences to do. This is a very interesting work. I like it! Congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Huge thanks to all who help put these recitals on every three months! Monica, Mr. Super-Hunky, Malzeit, Mr. Pianoworld, Sam S., and all the participants. I think this may have been one of the freshest and enjoyable recital listening experiences yet! I'm in awe of everyone who has braved the red dot and become part of this community. And I'm so glad to be back! Thank you, all!

My last batch.....

51. Lady_Augustina - The North Sea I think you really captured the feeling of the ocean with your fine playing. Nice dynamics throughout. A lovely piece done very well! I enjoyed the "ebb & flow" of your performance.

52. WJ3 / Walt - Solace A Mexican Serenade (1909) Joplin is so much fun and not so easy at all. I think you have a really good feel for the rhythms in this piece. I love "Solace" btw. I think you have a very nice grasp of the whole piece - it only needs a little smoothing out. I also liked the sound you used giving a true period feel to the piece. Your last section was particularly nice. Good job!

53. carlos88 - Bruyeres (Heather) I just love these impressionistic preludes, and yours is by far no exception! I think you've done this piece justice by painting the picture the title suggests. Your very confident playing made this a wonder to listen to! Bravo!

54. AimeeO - Sonatina Op. 55, no. 1 I've always enjoyed Kuhlau works - reminiscent of other composers, but with a distinct personality of their own. You played this sonatina exactly as I can imagine it played. You have very good control over the notes and make them sing and dance. This was an enjoyable and fun listen!

55. BenPiano - Nefeli One of my favorite Einaudi pieces. (Methinks I'm not alone in this.) Wonderful playing injected with such emotion. I really enjoyed watching the video - you are so relaxed and sure at the keyboard - very enviable. I believe your relaxed style meshed with the music to make this an excellent listen!

56. Ohio_Mark - Minuet in F Major I'm happy you made it into the recital.
Very fine work on the Mozart minuet. You have a nice touch on the keys which made this little piece a perfect ending to another wonderful recital. Congrats!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
31. yester - 5 little preludes No. 1 - BWV 939
Short, but very sweet. Well done! Another very nice sounding Kawai.

32. Allan W. - Wind Scene - Chrono Trigger
Simply mesmerizing. The runs from 0:36 to 0:50 are perfection.

I rarely watch the videos, but decided to in this case... So worth it just to watch your technique, which is just as gorgeous as the music itself. Liked, Favorited, Downloaded, and Subscribed. Forcing myself to move on after several listens.

33. CMohr - "You've Changed"
I've been pretty disciplined about going through in order this time, but I inadvertently clicked on yours out of order (listening on my phone), and liked it so much that I kept listening through to the end. So, I've been really looking forward to getting back to it again.

I just love the casual elegance of your arrangement and playing style. Well done and looking forward to hearing more from you in future.

34. stumbler - A Lenda Do Caboclo W166
Thanks for bringing Villa-Lobos to us. I'm familiar with him from his guitar works, I didn't realize that he had this sort of range, so I feel as though I've been introduced to him anew. More from him in the future would be great.

I don't know if this was the better recording you had hoped to post or not, it sounded wonderful to me.

35. TrapperJohn - Medley: Drink With Me/Do You Hear The People Sing? (from Les Miserables)
I'm not familiar w/ Les Miserables, so this was new to me. How about a spoiler alert next time? wink

Seriously though, this was well done, and the explanation of the context was very helpful for appreciating the music and your performance.

"...when you do practice properly, it seems to take no time at all. Just do it right five times or so, and then stop." -- JimF

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

[Linked Image]XXIX-XXXII
S
S
Thank you Monika K, BenPiano, CMohr, casinitaly, aTallGuyNH for your kind comments.

This batch covers everything in the 2 minute range.

49. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White , Dainas No 3
I've listened to this several times. I love it when I get to hear a composer who is new to me. You play this very expressively.

45. Sand Tiger, Avenue D
A calm, contemplative piece. Congratulations.

13. Riddler (Ed), Prelude in D Flat Major
I need to look into Gliere more. This piece is very inseresting. At the start I think Debussy, then no it is something else a little bit haunting, then it seems a little like Rachmaninoff. I quite like it.

21. aTallGuyNH , New York State of Mind (intro only)
Pretty big steps for a "toddler". Well played. I enjoyed it even though I realize it is still a work in progress.

1. Andy Platt , Invention in E Major
You play this with elegance. I like the way you switched back and forth between different degrees of detached notes in the second half.

38. JimF, Canon in D Minor
Beautiful piece. I love how you play it. You have the 2 3 polyrhythms mastered in this piece.

30. daveindenton, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
What a cheerful uplifting piece. You really have this piece polished.

39. Sandy, Consolation
You convey the mood of this piece very well. Good tempo, phrasing, dynamics,....

43. Valencia, The Angel, Op. 30 No. 4
Nicely played. This piece has an innocent beauty.

27. jotur/Cathy Turner, Shine On Harvest Moon
Feels jaunty to me. I didn't realize that this song had so much character, but then I only remembered the chorus. Great fun.

53. carlos88, Bruyeres (Heather)
Thank you for bringing book 2 to my attention. I guess I've only heard book 1. Very well played.

46. joangolfing, Little Bird
Your playing sounds solid to me, a nice delicate touch.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Today I'm sore because I've been picking rocks out of the meadow all day. Plus I've got a bunch of ant bites on me-arse! It was nice to come inside and listen to some relaxing music for a change of pace.

Here we go.

21. aTallGuyNH - New York State of Mind (intro only) I like the fact that you are building a foundation with this tune that is performed at your current abilities. Not above them. This is the correct way to do it and it sounds like you are doing fine. Keep it up. The recording sounded fine btw. Not bad at all. Actually, pretty clear.

22. PikaPianist - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3, Gb major This was incredibly well performed as well as being an incredibly beautiful piece. This is the adult "beginner" forum however. Are you in the right place?

23. Serge88 - Manha de Carnaval This was relaxing Serge but I'd sure like to hear more 'you' and less garage band in a box.

24. Anne H - Julia arr. by Phillip Keveren Wow Anne there was a lot to love with this submission. I loved your performance of this piece as well as loved the dramatic melodies throughout this tune. Some of them were really dramatic. I love those! This is certainly another recital favorite. Excellent.

25. Dumik - Chopin nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 Very very impressive Dumik. You sound as though you've been playing for many years. An absolute joy to listen to. Well done.

26. dynamobt/ Marilyn - The Seasons, June Well first off I must say excellent taste in pianos. Secondly, I admire your approach to a one take recording. It is a more accurate representation of your abilities as opposed to many takes. Your piano sounded great as did the playing. Very clear with delicate emotion. Nicely done.

27. jotur/Cathy Turner - Shine On Harvest Moon No technical feedback but I can say that this piece had me boppin' and toe tappin'. It sounded like a lot of fun to play. I could listen to music like this for hours. I would like a crack at honky-tonk but I don't want to wreck my piano. Maybe on the digital someday.

28. ClavBoy - Minuet in D minor This sounded very nice Clavboy. You should consider playing music late at night to relax and unwind with as opposed to avoiding it as you say. Just noodle around and explore different sounds and melodies. They can come in very handy in the future. Give it a try.

29. (Was) TrueBeginner - Childhood Memories This was a nice piece that had a natural flowing melody about it. As a suggestion, try experimenting with dramatic half note changes in melodies in addition to the whole notes you are currently using. Sometimes when played correctly, the half note changes in pitch can be even more dramatic. As always, extra points for an original composition. Well done.

30. daveindenton - Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing I have to agree with you dave that this is an incredibly beautiful piece. Your performance and presentation of it was fantastic. Your playing is very professional and sounds much more advanced than your experience level. Great job.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major I like your slower tempo; it makes it easier for me to hear all the interesting stuff going on between the two parts. I also hear some nice articulation changes in different phrases. This is clean, elegant playing.

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That This was a fun, jazzy piece. It sounds great. You must be happy with it. Maybe this music is more your style?

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2 I played this a few recitals ago, so I know how difficult it is. You're making great progress with it. I like the lilting rhythm you use in the A section. (I could never quite get that when I played it.) The C section is very sweet. As you work further on this, maybe try adding some rubato in the B section which could really help to build the drama.

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne I really liked this piece. Thanks for playing it for us! I hadn't heard of Azarashvili before this. How were you introduced to his music?

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19b Just gorgeous, from the first note to the last! Beautiful voicing and dynamic variation. Your playing always touches my heart.

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
A
A
27. jotur/Cathy Turner - Shine On Harvest Moon
This song gives me the mental image of walking into a room with people chatting softly and you playing the upright piano in the corner. The

general mood is cheerful and everyone is welcome.

28. ClavBoy - Minuet in D minor
I didn't notice any lack of pedal, so it can't have been that bad, right? I hope you find your motivation to practise more. Making music can be so

much fun!

29. (Was) TrueBeginner - Childhood Memories
Definitely a lot of clipping. That's a shame; the music is nice. It could fit perfectly in a flashback moment looking back at one's childhood. The

final note really snaps me out of that moment, though. Should it really stand on its own like that?

30. daveindenton - Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Why do these hymns have to be this beautiful? The church-y names sound so awkward, but then it all sounds so good.

31. yester - 5 little preludes No. 1 - BWV 939
It sounds short and simple at first, but is actually quite intricate. This can't be easy to play.

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
16. Richard (zrtf90) - Die Zelle in Nonnenwerth - Richard, I believe it's very important to know the story behind a piece. This is an important step when we truly want to interpret a piece. And that was what you did. I appreciate the details you wrote, it helped me to better understand your work. Excellent job!

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em - Russ, I love the way you play and I love the sound of your piano. Your technique is excellent. Thanks for sharing.

18. Mr Super- Hunky - Rain (Cover) - Ah, I was waiting for this. MrSH, the melody is beautiful, and I like it a LOT at 0:45 because you play it in a gently but so intense way. The piece gives me a message of hope and happiness and it's amazing the arrangement you did for it - to be honest, it didn't remind me any kind of "rain", unless if you are a farmer waiting for the blessed rain... -. I love the "feeling" that you put into your pieces. A reference for me. Excellent!

19. Earlofmar - Minuet in G major (BWV Anh. 116) - It's incredible the way you play Bach. I'm not a big fan of his work, but I'm really changing the way I see it, just because so many of you do wonderful jobs in this quarter recitals. Good job!

20. patH / Patrick Hollstein - Der tanzende Schwan (The dancing swan) - Wonderful job Patrick. I can see some classical influence on your work . This is your first recital here right? Welcome.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
A
A
Thanks everyone who commented so far. Sharing music you love is awesome.

Doris - I hope you like playing from your new Lanz book and very much look forward to hearing you play. You play so well, it's got to be wonderful.

Monica - "Piano room" makes me sound rich and successful. Alas, it is also my living room. But yes, it's a good place to be smile

Marilyn - I'm pretty sure you are supposed to hear blurring from the pedal, especially in the chorus where octaves are piled up without releasing it. I try to make the final octaves louder so you can still hear them over the underlying cacophony. Many David Lanz pieces are played "with pedal", but this is one of the few that has explicit pedal markings, binding entire chords together that span two or more measures. I could probably tone it down a little, but that's pretty hard. I have preciously little experience beyond simple syncopated pedalling.

CMohr - Will you be playing Lanz on a later recital?

aTallGuyNH - It's pretty safe to list this piece under the "easier" David Lanz music. It has a constantly flowing rhythm of broken chords that are mostly built up in his usual way, with the third raised an octave. Knowing his music makes these chords very easy to read and play, where a year ago I would stumble greatly. I'd love to record with better equipment. *sigh* time for another investment.

Mr Super-Hunky Thank you for the advise. I'm not sure if the iPad has a "gain setting", but I'll either look for it or invest in better equipment. You're right, I have been playing louder on the piano. Got to practise playing softly... and have that piano tuned for an even nicer sound.

Wouter79 I may eventually play some Songs Without Words. Not very far into classical music yet - I'm struggling to make the first Clementi sonatina sound decent and my teacher isn't a wizard when it comes to classical music.

[Linked Image]
A
A
32. Allan W. - Wind Scene - Chrono Trigger
I love Chrono Trigger! Your previous experience shines through in your great playing. This is quite a dense arrangement, with ornaments everywhere. I have to listen carefully to hear the original melody everywhere. Will you play the 3 on 2 variation sometime? It sounds so magical.

33. CMohr - "You've Changed"
You Jazz people are always amazing. Single take, own arrangement, no doubt improvised where necessary. I have no idea how you do it!

34. stumbler - A Lenda Do Caboclo W166
A mystery composer. You play this so well. I love the cresendo parts and droning pedaled chords.

35. TrapperJohn - Medley: Drink With Me/Do You Hear The People Sing? (from Les Miserables)
I have never seen the musical, but am rather familiar with the music. My mother used to sing in a choir when I was a little kid. She was a fan of Les Miserables, and so was the choir director, apparently. I used to sing "Castle on a Cloud", imagining it was me playing the role. Your music brings back these memories perfectly.

36. timmyab - Sonata in C K545
Isn't it great that we are nowhere like Mozart? We'll listen in awe, without hurling insults or laughing. Well... maybe those runs up and down in the first movement could be more even. That's all I can find! The other movements are downright amazing. I'd love to hear you play this on a grand.

37. Monica K. - Discovery at Night
Almost all the pieces on the In a Time Lapse album are great. This one is of course better suited for solo piano than some others that demand a cello and violins. I'm not even sure if this is in the original Einaudi recording, but the bass line sounds particularly impressive to me. The only thing I don't like may have to do with either the recording or your piano, and that's the way the opening notes sound. It's just not right.

38. JimF - Canon in D Minor
Alternating left/right and multiple voices? Doesn't sound like the easiest way to learn 3 on 2 polyrhythm! Then again, you do make it sound easy enough.

39. Sandy - Consolation
Ow, that static is painful. Too bad you can't make a better recording frown

40. Jake S - Gnossienne No.1
This piece sounded strangely familiar. Then I realized we have two entries of this piece! As far as I can remember from several days ago, your take on the music is quite a bit different than Glen's. I like that. You can actually have multiples in the same recital and it doesn't matter.

41. MrPozor - Waltz in B minor
It was great to see and hear you play this live at the EPP! Saranoya's piano may have sounded a bit better, especially since being there clearly beats a recording laugh

42. CarlosCC - Life ("Live from home" version)
I don't get how you get such a beautiful sound out of the P85. This is amazing, Carlos. As I've been working on the written version, I can't help but compare. The introduction is a bit different, and you clearly opt to stick to the piano part, where the written version often incorporates the violin line. This arrangement expertly avoids the cacophony that makes up the second half of the original album version, resulting in a much sweeter Life. Bravo!

[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Went on a 5-hour road trip to Charleston, SC - but I burned CDs of the recital before I left so I could listen to everyone while I drove! Now if I can just remember who played what...

01. Andy Platt - Invention in E Major Andy, I agree about the inventions being very exposed - no room for errors that won't be noticed, which can mean a stressful performance, at least for me it does. You did great though. I love this invention, and I agree with the slower tempo. The ascending/descending lines should be smooth and flowing, and you did that beautifully.

02. Diana (sinophilia) - This and That You may be having too much fun with piano! It can become addictive (but you know that already)! I like the jazzy/sassy tempo too - well done.

03. Greener | Jeff Green - Waltz in C# Minor, Opus 64 No. 2 Another Chopin piece I would love to do someday - you did a great job with the ascending scales, and it was very expressive - loved it.

04. dannylux / Mel - Azarashvili Nocturne A very interesting mix of classical and popular styles. It sounds so familiar - is it a popular song? Well played.

05. MaryBee - Three Sinfonias Very brave of to learn 3 of the 3 part inventions at once! Nice choice of 3 to play together - they are a good contrast and mix. I especially like the middle one - very moody, and you brought that out well.

06. wouter79 - Andante con moto, first part of Sechs Lieder ohne Worte Op. 19b I have played this one too. Yes, I agree that the pedal is essential to bring this piece together. And I believe that composers of that period just didn't mark all the pedal that they would have used themselves. Nice dynamic changes. Well done.

07. lyricmudra - Nocturne in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15 No. 2 So smooth - I am seriously jealous. Outstanding job.

08. SwissMS/Doris - Arabesque 1 Oh yes, this is on y bucket list! One of these days... I only hope I can do it as well as you. Very smooth and convincing - excellent job.

10. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - First Loss Excellent beginning, and nice contrast between the connected chords and the detached chords and the more lyrical section. Thanks for sharing!

11. Inlanding - Glen - Gnossienne No 1 Satie is one of those composers I either love or hate, depending on my mood, I think. But I loved your rendition, so this must be a good Satie day. I liked the dynamic changes a lot, and they contributed some interest to a repetitive piece. Nice job.

12. Peyton - Message From Space: Part Four- A Journey to the Far Side of the World Love the paintings Peyton, the colors match the mode of the music - at least for me. The abstract ones look like we are flying high above a landscape and looking down. You are so creative - it's just a pleasure to look and listen...

13. Riddler (Ed) - Prelude in D Flat Major Tell the truth, you can play a jazz version of this, can't you? Just swing some of the rhythms instead of playing them straight - I can hear it! Just kidding - an excellent job on a classical piece - shows you have the chops to do both...

14. Allard - Dreamer's Waltz It's great when we improve to the point where we can play something that used to seem impossible. Excellent rendition.

15. peterws - Contemplation 5 Lot's of fun to listen to. I can hear the unicorns prancing into the moonlit meadow and the fairies sprinkling their dust...

16. Richard (zrtf90) - Die Zelle in Nonnenwerth I have never heard this, it's definitely not one of his more well-known pieces. But it is very intriguing. I loved you dynamics - you played it very sensitively.

17. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Em What errors? I didn't hear any errors. Very moody and evocative - loved it.

18. Mr Super- Hunky - Rain (Cover) I need to try the F.O.A.M. method on my next piece! Excellent as always Mr S-H. I can't imagine how you do this, but it sounds so impressive.

19. Earlofmar - Minuet in G major (BWV Anh. 116) Charming and so deceptively simple. I know how hard it is to put this together so it sounds smooth and cohesive - excellent job.

20. patH / Patrick Hollstein - Der tanzende Schwan (The dancing swan) What fun! A refreshing change of pace from the usual original compositions we here in the recitals. Real classical music in the style of Rossini (?) I absolutely loved it.

More to come - I have a 5 hour drive to get back to Georgia! I'll listen to everything again...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
21. aTallGuyNH - New York State of Mind (intro only) I love this introduction - though I have never really sat down and tried to learn it properly - way too hard! So great job tackling it. Obviously, as you say, you need to work on it more to get it a tad quicker and smoother but I think the way you handle the opening measures show that won't be a problem given time. And the piano does sound great!

22. PikaPianist - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3, Gb major I'm not worthy! This is one of those "in a few years pieces" but you make it sound so effortless. The way the melody just sings through the dense arpeggios is wonderful. The phrasing, tempo and dynamic range was spot on. Seriously, words cannot express how wonderful a performance this is!

23. Serge88 - Manha de Carnaval I'm glad you submitted this even though you haven't been able to practice. It has great tenderness and feeling throughout. It captures the ear from the moment it starts and doesn't let go.

24. Anne H - Julia arr. by Phillip Keveren I'll warn you that half of what I say will be meaningless ... wink This is a great arrangement of a piece I love. I'll have to look into his arrangements some more. You have some really smooth and nicely shaped arpeggios; for the most part the melody stands out but occasionally you should make it a little more prominent. But that's nit picking for someone who has been playing for as little time as you have. Very nice playing!

25. Dumik - Chopin nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 Great playing after just a short time. It took me years to get to this point! Nice tempo, good dynamic range. Work on the descending chromatic runs a little more so they become more of the piece. Hats off to you!

26. dynamobt/ Marilyn - The Seasons, June This is a lovely performance of one of the pieces I have on my list for the future. You shape the melody very nicely, the accompaniment is very sympathetic. I loved the slight rubato - very good control of tempo. One take is very impressive!

27. jotur/Cathy Turner - Shine On Harvest Moon Jaunty - I think so. It has a great bounce to it and you bring the dance nature out very well while still keeping it a little more low key. Very nice playing!

28. ClavBoy - Minuet in D minor These Bach pieces are a lot trickier than they look so good job. I think if you work on the hands separately you will get it smoother and it will fit into place but it was very nice as it is.

29. (Was) TrueBeginner - Childhood Memories Very nice composition - it has a wistful feeling to it which suits the title. You play it with great feeling and it comes alive wonderfully.

30. daveindenton - Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing This is a nice version of one of my favorite hymn tunes. I liked how the melody moved between the voices - you kept it (the melody) very clear even where the accompaniment is very dense. Wonderful playing!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
42. CarlosCC- This may be one of my favorite Einaudi so far. Maybe it's just the way you play it? That is one beautiful piece. I could listen to it all day. (I sat down to try and play along but man, one of us is way out of tune... smile )

35. Trapper John- Listening to you is always a bit more than just listening... it's an education. Lot's of fun John and always a kick to see how much better you get.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission