Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 27 of 53 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
#1585317 - 12/27/10 08:58 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
an addendum to my Christmas playing. It was a very busy weekend with 4 Masses in 3 days. I was a bit shell shocked by Sunday, kind of tired. I scrambled to the piano from the organ. I didn't have time to put my shoes back on and noticed during the song that my socks were mismatched.

o well.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

Piano & Music Accessories
#1585511 - 12/28/10 04:06 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Apple, I envy your wardrobe options. I'm guessing you are somewhere up high where no on can see you. That sounds like a dream job to me. I joke a lot here about the ball gowns and the fancy clothes, but I am sick of the dress-up routine. I would like to be able to wear a bathrobe and my muffin feet slippers to work. Or a burqa with bling. Please! No more corsets or ruching or sequins that chafe under the arms. Give me that choir robe.
RHYTHM: A Novel
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1585546 - 12/28/10 06:55 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: apple*]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: apple*
We have our own castle here in my neighborhood.. a limestone beauty built at the turn of the century by fortunate Belgians.

the Caenen Castle

I see your castle offers "rehearsal dinners". Not a term I've ever heard. What are they?

#1585579 - 12/28/10 08:03 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Exalted Wombat]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Exalted Wombat
We have our own castle here in my neighborhood.. a limestone beauty built at the turn of the century by fortunate Belgians.

the Caenen Castle

I see your castle offers "rehearsal dinners". Not a term I've ever heard. What are they?

A rehearsal dinner is the meal you have after the wedding rehearsal, generally the day before the weding. Usually the bride, groom, members of the wedding party and the parents participate.

#1585596 - 12/28/10 08:35 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

one job I must dress for, and one I am up high (above the crowd and unseen). I could wear pajamas to the up high job.

I used to dress in rather formal skirts, and lovely shirts.. mostly black and white. Now that I play the organ a lot more, I must wear pants. I miss the flattering skirts. I sit in the middle of an arena basically. the pews circle around and I am next to the altar. I don't really like everyone watching me. I am prone to 'being expressive' and always have to think about keeping a lid on it.

I do play at another church occasionally... a Lutheran Church that loves Bach. I sometimes think of devoting my time to that place if they'd have me. It is designed a bit like this church with pics below, which recently burned, (discussed on the piano forum). This much smaller church focuses on music, and the music is mostly baroque. God sits back in the background and listens. I like that. the organ is exquisite.. a small, German pipe organ. The musicians are the stars and I MUST dress very nicely and formally when I play there. I have this dressy tuxedo thing that is feminine.

Most of the wedding bookings I get come from this Lutheran church. I am asked to play when they sing a program featuring Bach cantatas.. 2 X yearly. The regular organist does not like Bach quite as much as I do. I don't have a stellar reputation at my church for being the best wedding musician.. crazy

some great pics of this gorgeous church that burnt to the ground.

#1585605 - 12/28/10 08:50 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

... and I am thinking I would love to be a wedding pianist.. not for the services, but for the party. I would secretly drink champagne and have a stash of horsdoevres.

edit.. i should probably start a 'churchmusician' thread so I don't hijack this thread so often.

There are some real horror stories and I've been in a few. the organ that was stuck on loud, the organ that was transposed and I didn't notice... the organ i transposed up when i should have gone down. (transposing organs are like digital pianos. I'd rather play a poor pipe organ than a good electric). i do play a good electric and it's wonderful.. I still wish my regular was a pipe.

Edited by apple* (12/29/10 08:28 AM)

#1586819 - 12/29/10 10:18 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

I don't know, Apple, seems to me like church organs and wedding music have a lot in common. You play the ceremony, I play the cocktail reception. Too bad we don't live in the same town, we could offer a complete package, with Greg's band finishing up for us with dance music.

Every so often I get to play for the ceremony, and I love that, even though I don't get the champagne. But playing for the ceremony is like a concert. Nobody is talking or eating or crawling under the piano while you play.

I limit myself to one glass of champagne, but I enjoy every sip of it.

Clef, are you in the hospital? Thinking of you!!!
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1587171 - 12/30/10 12:03 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

i was kidding about the champagne.. Alchohol and playing does not work for me at all.

My sister would like to form a organ/singer duo. However, playing with/for my sister is just awful. She is not musically sophisticated and always wants to run the show, etc. I do have a few singers i do enjoy relying on.

#1587429 - 12/30/10 06:12 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: apple*]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
I am hopeful that at some time in the future I can supply a new gig story, based on the new toy I acquired this week.

Yes, an impulse buy of a thrift store accordion.

Or to be more precise, another impulse buy of a thrift store/yard sale accordion.

However this time is unique in that it actually works.

(Beware: most used accordions are past their lifespans. The reeds are held in place with wax, and the bellows are leather; both degrade with age. Rebuilding is more expensive than buying new, and buying new is REALLY expensive. Knowing that, I decided long ago never to buy another one. And this time I mean it. Hee, hee.)

An accordion is after all merely a portable self powered reed organ. Single manual, true, but then you have the pedals and chords in the left hand. Mine has two stops for the left hand and five for the right.

#1587576 - 12/30/10 11:43 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: TimR]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Very nice purchase, Tim! I once had a boyfriend who collected these beautiful old accordians, but the only thing he could play on them was what he called "Music of Contemplation." They all sounded awful, but they looked great. Now I know why.

Hey, check out this nice web page. Chris Connelly plays wedding piano in Scotland, and I like the way he has set up his site. Classy, elegant, pro-active.
Chris Connelly

See you all on the other side of 2010. I'm playing a New Year's Eve gig this evening, playing three other jobs this weekend, and then I have three weeks off! How great is that? Here's to 2011!
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1588877 - 01/02/11 07:51 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

i was jilted, stood up, I went to work yesterday and read the sign taped on the bulletin board.

"No evening Mass today. Happy New Year to all. Mary, I'm sorry I didn't have your number.

Father Joe"

#1588906 - 01/02/11 09:37 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: casinitaly]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly

the Caenen Castle

A rehearsal dinner is the meal you have after the wedding rehearsal, generally the day before the weding. Usually the bride, groom, members of the wedding party and the parents participate.

So you have to sit down to a formal dinner with the same people two days running? I hope no-one fights until the second one!

#1588966 - 01/02/11 11:37 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

I wonder if this is an American (US) tradition. It's almost always done... the rehearsal dinner.

fortunately the organist is almost always invited (altho I rarely go).

#1589010 - 01/02/11 01:09 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Exalted Wombat]
casinitaly Offline

So you have to sit down to a formal dinner with the same people two days running? I hope no-one fights until the second one!

The rehearsal dinner is generally much more relaxed and informal, at least in my experience.

#1589062 - 01/02/11 03:07 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: apple*]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
i was jilted, stood up, I went to work yesterday and read the sign taped on the bulletin board.

"No evening Mass today. Happy New Year to all. Mary, I'm sorry I didn't have your number.

Father Joe"

This is why with churches I always get my pay up front. Well, among other reasons.

#1589128 - 01/02/11 04:56 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: apple*]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I wonder if this is an American (US) tradition. It's almost always done... the rehearsal dinner.

Perhaps one of those "traditions" nurtured and encouraged by restaurants and wedding venues? Like Father's Day etc. :-)

#1589675 - 01/03/11 02:03 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Maybe so, EW. I'm surprised Hallmark doesn;t have a Happy Rehearsal Dinner card.

Apple, love the note on the door cancellation. Hard to get too angry at Father Joe for that.

CLEF!!! We miss you and hope you're okay. Hang in there.
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1590195 - 01/04/11 08:03 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

Originally Posted By: Piano Girl RMG

Apple, love the note on the door cancellation. Hard to get too angry at Father Joe for that.

CLEF!!! We miss you and hope you're okay. Hang in there.

Father Joe is a trip.. a real Italian with a pacemaker and little talent for public speaking. He talks for 15 minutes and often repeats his mantra 'everyone do your best, love God and say your prayers'. He is simple and to the point.

The "I'm sorry I didn't have your number, Father Joe" was a post it note on top of the sign made of plastic letters that one pushes into a board with slots.

Yes Jeff Clef.. i hope you are doing and feeling well.

#1590463 - 01/04/11 02:22 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
So nice to know you guys were thinking of me. I had an unfortunate sequel to the knee replacement (which was a great job by the surgeon and went well). My partner took me to the hospital New Year's Eve, where I was admitted. No memory, not able to make my own decisions or conduct my business, accelerated heart profile. Apparently, a freakish reaction to drugs they use in the knee procedure, of a class they used to call 'twilight drugs,' to make you 'forget' up to about an hour before the operation. For me, it was a week or more worth of memory, gone, any sense of my own identity, gone.

I'm out of the hospital now, doing much better, following up with the surgeon and my own doc, and re-starting the post-op in-home physical therapy (which I went to classes to prepare for and actually began the therapy, and which I now don't remember at all).

When you can't mentally function, the hospital takes care of it for you and makes all your decisions--- but it's the fast-track to 'non-person' status. About as frightening as the experience itself. No one even knew I was there, except my partner. But, I thought of you guys, too, and I think I could feel your good thoughts and caring, in some blind and groping way. But the beneficial power of concern and caring does help, even in such a dark time.

Haven't touched the piano yet. Did read a wonderful book about Prokofiev in the hospital. And I'm very glad to be 'myself' again. As Krishna remarked to Arjuna, "It's better to be a flop at your own dharma than to be a superstar at someone else's." I take it to mean that you can't do better than to be yourself, whether you think that's good or poor.

Edited by Jeff Clef (01/04/11 02:22 PM)

#1590519 - 01/04/11 03:30 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Jeff Clef]
jeffreyjones Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef
So nice to know you guys were thinking of me. I had an unfortunate sequel to the knee replacement (which was a great job by the surgeon and went well). My partner took me to the hospital New Year's Eve, where I was admitted. No memory, not able to make my own decisions or conduct my business, accelerated heart profile. Apparently, a freakish reaction to drugs they use in the knee procedure, of a class they used to call 'twilight drugs,' to make you 'forget' up to about an hour before the operation. For me, it was a week or more worth of memory, gone, any sense of my own identity, gone.

I'm out of the hospital now, doing much better, following up with the surgeon and my own doc, and re-starting the post-op in-home physical therapy (which I went to classes to prepare for and actually began the therapy, and which I now don't remember at all).

When you can't mentally function, the hospital takes care of it for you and makes all your decisions--- but it's the fast-track to 'non-person' status. About as frightening as the experience itself. No one even knew I was there, except my partner. But, I thought of you guys, too, and I think I could feel your good thoughts and caring, in some blind and groping way. But the beneficial power of concern and caring does help, even in such a dark time.

Haven't touched the piano yet. Did read a wonderful book about Prokofiev in the hospital. And I'm very glad to be 'myself' again. As Krishna remarked to Arjuna, "It's better to be a flop at your own dharma than to be a superstar at someone else's." I take it to mean that you can't do better than to be yourself, whether you think that's good or poor.

What an awful experience. It made me smile that you turned to music to help you through it, even if it was in the form of a biography. Glad the surgery went well and hoping for a speedy, full recovery.

#1590578 - 01/04/11 04:35 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
casinitaly Offline

Jeff, what an awful experience! I can only imagine how upsetting that would be - it sounds very very scary.

I'm very glad to hear you're doing better and on the road to recovery!

Heal well, heal quickly!

#1590637 - 01/04/11 06:11 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

Glad you are back, Jeff

#1590657 - 01/04/11 06:46 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Jeff Clef]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef

How scary, Jeff! I'm so glad to hear you're all right now, but that's one lousy way to bring in the new year. frown

But at least you know now that you don't respond well to those twilight drugs and will know to avoid them for future procedures.

#1590744 - 01/04/11 09:06 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Thanks again, guys.

The literature says that it takes three to five days to recover for each day in the hospital; by that standard, I am doing well.

It is interesting to contemplate how it happens that consciousness can be disconnected from the brain, and yet a well-disciplined nervous system can still do so many things, without the help of consciousness and without memory.

Yet consciousness comes back on its own... it must have been somewhere. Where? What? and How? Very interesting questions, at least, to me. No answers exactly, though.

At the hospital this afternoon, Maria, who is almost blind these days, was playing tangos on the rather lovely Boston grand in the lobby. That got them going, even the people in walkers. I wheedled a few more out of her just for the delight of watching and hearing. She usually plays a lot of show tunes, but the tango fired her up. It made me want to rent a hall and give a tango party--- what fun; what glamour. Then she followed it up with some Gershwin, including my favorite "Our Love Is Here to Stay."

Edited by Jeff Clef (01/04/11 09:11 PM)

#1592275 - 01/06/11 09:40 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Yesterday in Wedding History: January 5, 1759- Martha Custis marries George Washington. He was her second husband; her first having died and left her a lady of independent means.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Washington:

"Some think of Martha Washington as a rather frumpy woman who spent her days at the Revolutionary War winter encampments visiting with the common soldiers in their huts. But Nancy K. Loane, author of Following the Drum: Women at the Valley Forge Encampment, writes that the truth about Lady Washington is far more interesting.[4] Martha Washington was a spiffy dresser, assertive, and definitely a woman of independent means. And she was a woman who followed her man. Each year of the revolution, once the Continental Army settled in for the winter, General Washington wrote for his wife to join him at military camp. Each year after receiving the request Martha Washington—although she delighted in being at Mount Vernon with her large, extended family, and was lonely and anxious when away from Virginia—dutifully packed up her bags, got into the carriage, and started north. Martha Washington, determined and diminutive at five feet tall, had kept close to home before the revolution began; once the hostilities started, she traveled thousands of miles to be with her husband. (Martha Washington journeyed to the General because she supported the cause of freedom and also because, as General Lafayette once observed, she loved "her husband madly").

"Martha Dandridge Custis, aged 27, and George Washington, aged nearly 27, married on January 6, 1759 at the White House plantation. It seems likely that Washington had known Martha and her husband for some time. In March 1758 he visited her at White House twice; the second time he came away with either an engagement of marriage or at least her promise to think about his proposal. She was, at the time, also being courted by the wealthy planter Charles Carter.[3]

Their wedding was a grand affair. The groom appeared in a suit of blue and silver with red trimming and gold knee buckles; the bride wore purple silk shoes with spangled buckles.[3] After the Reverend Peter Mossum pronounced them man and wife, the couple honeymooned at White House for several weeks before setting up housekeeping at Washington's Mount Vernon estate. Their marriage appears to have been a solid one, untroubled by infidelity or clash of temperament.

Martha and George Washington had no children together, but they raised Martha's two surviving children.

"Content to live a private life at Mount Vernon and her homes from the Custis estate, Martha Washington nevertheless followed Washington into the battlefield when he served as Commander in Chief of the Continental Army. She spent the infamous winter at Valley Forge with the general, and was instrumental in maintaining some level of morale among officers and enlisted troops. She opposed his election as President of the newly formed United States of America, and refused to attend his inauguration (April 30, 1789). As the First Lady, Mrs. Washington hosted many affairs of state at New York and Philadelphia (the capital was moved to Washington D. C. in 1800 under the Adams administration).

Martha Washington and her husband both died at Mount Vernon, with Martha dying of high fever on May 22, 1802, slightly over two years after her husband."

And... let someone else forget to mention it: today is Alexander Scriabin's birthday, Jan. 6, 1872. I can't think of anything of his you could play at a wedding, unless it was a wedding in a Fellini film. Love him just the same, though.

#1592384 - 01/07/11 02:52 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Welcome back, Clef! Thank goodness you're okay after the extended Twilight Sleep episode. That's a horrifying story and I'm glad the worst of it is behind you.

Hope your physical rehab is going well. I've been thinking of you. My mom had knee replacement surgery several years ago, and I know it's not exactly an easy operation. Your anesthesia complications certainly complicated an already complicated recovery process. But from the tone of your last post, it seems you're already back in Clef-land! Who else would put Martha Washington and Scriabin in the same "Let's Talk Weddings" post? Brilliant.

Sending lots of music, light, and laughter your way . . .
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1593143 - 01/08/11 09:00 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"I'll Take Honeymoon Destinations for 200, Alex:"

January 5, 2005 – Eris, (more popularly and properly known as the Planet Xena), the largest known dwarf planet in the solar system, is discovered ...using images originally taken on October 21, 2003, at the Palomar Observatory.

January 8, 1297 – The Principality of Monaco gains its independence.
[Though] French is the only official language, Monégasque, Italian and English are also widely spoken and understood. Monaco's name comes from a nearby 6th century BC Phocaean Greek colony. According to an ancient myth, Hercules passed through the Monaco area and threw out the previous gods. The temple of Hercules Monoikos was constructed there,[and] the city was called Monoikos.

The [original] grantee... sold the royal concession [to] the Blancs, who had already set up a highly successful casino in Homborg, and who quickly petitioned Charles III to rename a depressed seaside area known as "Les Spelegures," or "Den of Thieves," "Monte Carlo," or "Mount Charles." They then constructed their casino in the newly dubbed "Monte Carlo" and cleared out the area's less-than-savory elements to make the neighborhood surrounding the establishment more conducive to tourism.

[*** You read that right--- slum clearance in Monaco.***]

Monaco's own citizens are not allowed to gamble in the casino. They pay compulsory social insurance premiums which total nearly 50% of their annual income, although there is no personal income tax as such.

Monaco's population is unusual in that the native Monegasques are a minority in their own country. A 'Monacoian' is the term used to describe a person living in Monaco who is not a citizen of Monaco.

The Princess Grace Hospital Centre,
[was named] in honor of Princess Grace of Monaco who, [not without irony,] died there as a result of injuries caused by a car accident in 1982 [apparently subsequent to a stroke suffered while driving the treacherous mountain roads while conducting a violent quarrel with her daughter, Princess Caroline.]

[synopsized from Wiki]

Well, let's put it this way. If you could choose, would you have Heart Attack Number One, suffered while shoveling snow somewhere in the Rust Belt, or Heart Attack Number Two, suffered after losing your last franc at the roulette wheel at the casino in Monte Carlo.

As many menus sternly remind us: "NO SUBSTITUTIONS."

I'm just saying.

And in Other Wedding News:

Happy Birthday Gypsy Rose Lee, January 8 1911. Three marriages, a son born to none of the husbands, authoress of two novels, a memoir, and a stage play.

Said a fan, "She took a full fifteen minutes to remove a single glove, and was so charming and entertaining I would have gladly given her another fifteen minutes."

Wives and prospective wives may want to give this statement some thought.

Edited by Jeff Clef (01/08/11 10:42 AM)

#1593369 - 01/08/11 03:03 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
casinitaly Offline

Very interesting Jeff - I wondered about the origin of the placename Monaco. What is odd,(to me) is that Italians call Munich "Monaco di Bavaria". After reading your post, I looked up Munich and discovered.

Its native name, München, is derived from the Old High German Munichen, meaning "by the monks' place". The city's name derives from the monks of the Benedictine order who founded the city; hence the monk depicted on the city's coat of arms.

Amazing how many European towns started off with monasteries! The town I live in had a major religious popularion in the 12-14th centuries, during which they (Cistercians) founded hospices for the elderly and infirm. Move to modern day .... we've got one of the top geriatric research centres in the country. Interesting how it all unfolds.

#1595057 - 01/10/11 11:40 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"Move to modern day .... we've got one of the top geriatric research centres in the country."

Fannie Flagg was being interviewed about her book "Fried Green Tomatoes," when the interviewer asked her for the recipe for this dish.

"I hate to give out this recipe," Fannie sighed. "It is no secret why the South has the best cardiac hospitals in the world: it is because of recipes like this."

Well, the interviewer couldn't let go of that. "Really, Fannie? Tell us."

"All right. Well, you just slice up some green tomatoes and shake them in a paper bag with some flour and salt and black pepper. Then you fry them up in a black iron frying pan in some old bacon grease. That's it."

Yes. I remember that coffee can full of bacon grease my mom used to keep on the back of the stove. That was so valuable you couldn't even buy it in a grocery store. And sure enough, 90% of my family has succumbed to either heart attacks or strokes. Besides that, the number of houses that have been burnt to the ground because of bacon grease too near an open flame is beyond any tabulation.

Edited by Jeff Clef (01/11/11 09:32 AM)

#1595059 - 01/10/11 11:46 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

"Gypsy" is perhaps my favorite musical. I learned all the words to "Gotta Have a Gimmick" when I was about eleven years old. Later in life I tried to channel her slow motion glove removal when I had my classical-pianist stripper gig. I had to cut holes in the glove fingers, though, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to bang out the Chopin.

I was in Munich in November, and, although the dirndls are cute and there's something to be said for the beer and giant pretzels, trust me, it's no Monaco.

Casinitaly, sounds like you live in a pretty cool place! Lucky you.

Hey, Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I am sincerely hoping for a Buttercup Blondeau sighting at the castle.
RMG is a Steinway Artist

Page 27 of 53 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  sharpsandflats 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
140 registered (aesop, AEMontoya, A Guy, accordeur, 43 invisible), 1230 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76007 Members
42 Forums
157168 Topics
2308310 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Frederick Historical Concert Season - Fall 2014
by Terrytunes
08/30/14 08:44 PM
Stravinsky - Valse pour les enfants
by Peter071
08/30/14 06:05 PM
Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch.
by TwoSnowflakes
08/30/14 05:24 PM
What's the value of my piano?
by Athos
08/30/14 04:51 PM
Portable keyboard stand for Kawai ES7
by gbitw
08/30/14 04:24 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission