Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
115 registered (Anita Potter, allakart, accordeur, A Guy, 36251, 34 invisible), 1395 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2236498 - 02/23/14 07:24 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
argerichfan Online   sick
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.
Originally Posted By: Orange Soda King
Two new videos. These come from when he did the complete solo piano works of Mozart throughout the 1990-1991 season.

More treasures. Thank-you so much for sharing these with us!

The older I get ... ha ha!... the more I have come to love and appreciate every note of Mozart. After all the empty rhetoric and sickening emotional impotence of the Rachmaninov sonatas, what a bloody relief.

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#2236499 - 02/23/14 07:29 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: argerichfan]
pianoloverus Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Originally Posted By: argerichfan
After all the empty rhetoric and sickening emotional impotence of the Rachmaninov sonatas, what a bloody relief.
Why so endlessly critical? Do you realize how many negative statements you include in your posts? This is just one of many, many examples.

#2236508 - 02/23/14 08:01 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: pianoloverus]
argerichfan Online   sick
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.
Originally Posted By: pianoloverus
Why so endlessly critical?

But not above being critical of my posts, and those of several others here? You constantly whine about that stuff.

Interesting that you missed the whole point of my post. And going back some months to the utter fool you made of yourself in criticizing my sincere love of Liszt's Il lamento, well nothing much you say here means anything to me, how could it possibly?

Please put me on ignore, and beyond my reply here I have no desire to interact with you in the future.

Thank-you and good evening.

#2236518 - 02/23/14 08:30 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: argerichfan]

But not above being critical of my posts, nor those of several others here? You constantly whine about that stuff.

Interesting that you missed the whole point of my post. Going back some months to the utter fool you made of yourself in criticizing my sincere love of Liszt's Il lamento, well nothing much you say here means anything to me, how could it possibly?

Please put me on ignore, and beyond e future.

Thank-you and good eveningmy reply here I have no desire to interact with you in th.
What you call whining others would call pointing out that continually negative and nasty posts are inappropriate and arrogant. Criticizing another poster for the contents of their post is different from criticizing a great composer in particularly nasty language.

I certainly didn't miss the point of your post in the slightest. What I noticed is that you, as you do so often, found it necessary to throw in a mean spirited jab.

Edited by pianoloverus (02/23/14 08:40 PM)

#2236537 - 02/23/14 09:17 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: pianoloverus]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there

But not above being critical of my posts, nor those of several others here? You constantly whine about that stuff.

Interesting that you missed the whole point of my post. Going back some months to the utter fool you made of yourself in criticizing my sincere love of Liszt's Il lamento, well nothing much you say here means anything to me, how could it possibly?

Please put me on ignore, and beyond e future.

Thank-you and good eveningmy reply here I have no desire to interact with you in th.
What you call whining others would call pointing out that continually negative and nasty posts are inappropriate and arrogant. Criticizing another poster for the contents of their post is different from criticizing a great composer in particularly nasty language.

I certainly didn't miss the point of your post in the slightest. What I noticed is that you, as you do so often, found it necessary to throw in a mean spirited jab.

I must agree with argerich, but not regarding Rach. You're a whiner, plover. You seem to feel you're THE ONLY one above it all... to the point that you are the only one entitled to criticize anyone or anything. But the reality is that YOU are one of the more arrogant, nasty posters on the site and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#2236546 - 02/23/14 09:37 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Polyphonist]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
Originally Posted By: Polyphonist
The difference is that PL's nastiness is usually more of the passive-aggressive nature. Posting "joke" threads mocking other threads and so forth.

Although in PL's defense...

Interesting that you missed the whole point of my post. And going back some months to the utter fool you made of yourself in criticizing my sincere love of Liszt's Il lamento,

...this is quite hypocritical, as you have just trashed a great piece yourself.

Off-Topic Discussion Alert - let's not get too sidetracked. Even though I just contributed to it. grin

His "joke threads" don't bother me at all.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#2236547 - 02/23/14 09:38 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky, United S...
Guys, not on this thread, please...

I've got another couple videos coming within the next hour or so, including another Beethoven recital that came from the season he did the complete solo piano works of Beethoven.

Edited by Orange Soda King (02/23/14 09:41 PM)

#2236563 - 02/23/14 10:10 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
bkw58 Offline

Silver Supporter until December 19, 2014

Loc: Conway, AR USA
Thank you for posting more of Mr Luvisi's recitals.

#2236564 - 02/23/14 10:12 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Kuanpiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
OSK just sent me samples of Lee's Gaspard de la Nuit, and it's INCREDIBLE. Do listen when you get the chance!
Franck - Violin Sonata

#2236574 - 02/23/14 10:30 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Thanks for listening! Here, some temporary links to the Gaspard until I get the YouTube video up.
Ondine: https://app.box.com/s/1qv2ybkkrzkuqt9wsmxk
Le Gibet: https://app.box.com/s/gmmc8ix485d4cx82yw13
Scarbo: https://app.box.com/s/ixxab6jh45einm50bt5f

It also contains Bach's Capriccio on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother BWV 992, Haydn Sonata in A-flat Major HOB. XVI/43, Mozart Prelude and Fugue in C Major K. 394, and complete Chopin Preludes.

#2236580 - 02/23/14 10:39 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Polyphonist Online   content
7000 Post Club Member

I listened to Ondine, and it's much too mechanical and mundane for me. It's a fairy without its magic.

Polyphonist

#2236626 - 02/24/14 02:39 AM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
Two new videos. These come from when he did the complete solo piano works of Mozart throughout the 1990-1991 season.
Four piano sonatas: K. 282, 284, 533/494, and 576

Thanks for sharing this. This is such a great listen I ended up playing the whole video today. I think it's a great selection that really shows the contrast between earlier and later works by Mozart. Especially the 2nd movement of 533 is really adventurous.

#2236673 - 02/24/14 07:43 AM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Polyphonist]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist
I listened to Ondine, and it's much too mechanical and mundane for me. It's a fairy without its magic.

Says you. He keeps it a little restrained in the beginning, but there is so much color and depth in his sound. The way he builds up to the climax as the first time really digging into the piano... Incredible! Not to mention his liquid touch.

Path breaker, glad you enjoyed, it really is incredible stuff!

#2236959 - 02/24/14 06:25 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Ralph Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Delaware (slower/lower)
I saw him play some years ago at Curtis for one of their alumni recitals. He played the Beethoven sonatas Op 101, 106, 109 and 111...it was truly sublime. An experience I will never forget.

#2236975 - 02/24/14 06:53 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
7000 Post Club Member

101, 106, 109 and 111 all in the same concert? That's the heaviest program I've ever heard of. laugh

Polyphonist

#2236978 - 02/24/14 07:04 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]

Anton Rubinstein played 8 Beethoven Sonatas in one recital. Moonlight, Tempest, Appassionata, Waldstein, Op.90,101,109,111.

Kuerti played all 5 Beethoven Concerti and the Choral Fantasy in one evening with a break in the middle for dinner.

#2237009 - 02/24/14 07:48 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
7000 Post Club Member

Musithons. grin

Polyphonist

#2237362 - 02/25/14 11:52 AM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Ralph Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Yea it was a heavy concert but what an experience. I was spent by the end. Just an incredible emotional drain, but his playing was fantastic.

#2261048 - 04/13/14 01:21 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

More videos!

Selections from Bach's WTC, Book 1

Selections from Bach's WTC, Book 2

Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit and Chopin's complete Preludes

Beethoven: Andante Favori, Sonata in A-flat Major Op. 26, Six Bagatelles Op. 126, Sonata in F Major Op. 54, and 32 Variations in C Minor

#2274965 - 05/12/14 04:51 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Here are the final two videos from what he gave me. A Haydn sonata recital, and another personal selection of various works by various composers, taken from a 30-year span of concerts. I hope you all enjoy!

Four Haydn Sonatas
Sonata in C Minor, Hob. XVI/20
Sonata in E Major, Hob. XVI/31
Sonata in D Major, Hob. XVI/42
Sonata in E-flat Major, Hob. XVI/52

A Personal Selection II
1. Bach: Capriccio on the Departure of his Beloved Brother, BWV 992
2. Scarlatti: Sonata in G Major, K. 14
3. Scarlatti: Sonata in A Major, K. 24
4. Haydn: Adagio from Sonata in G Major, Hob. XVI/6
5. Mozart: March in C Major, K. 408
6. Mozart: 3 Country Dances for Count Czernin, K. 269b
7. Mozart: Prelude and Fugue in C Major, K. 394/383a
8. Beethoven: Rondo in G Major, Op. 51, No. 2
9. Schumann: Papillons, Op. 2
10. Chopin: Nocturne in G Major, Op. 37, No. 2
11. Chopin: Etude in G-flat Major, Op. 10, No. 5
12. Brahms: Adagio from Sonata No. 3 in F Minor, Op. 5
13. Kreisler-Rachmaninoff: Liebesleid

#2275039 - 05/12/14 06:41 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
bkw58 Offline

(The first link won't load; the second goes to an unrelated video. Am I doing something wrong?)

#2275099 - 05/12/14 09:53 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
Ralph Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Wow! What a great collection of masterpieces played by a master. Thanks for posting these and thank Mr. Luvisi for giving them to us. This thread should be made permanent so it's never lost and available for everyone in the future.

#2279472 - 05/21/14 11:54 PM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: bkw58]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: bkw58
(The first link won't load; the second goes to an unrelated video. Am I doing something wrong?)

Sorry, try these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_5WLBQyxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100BcVmDDTA

#2279663 - 05/22/14 11:51 AM Re: Lee Luvisi recitals to be put on YouTube [Re: Orange Soda King]
bkw58 Offline

Originally Posted By: bkw58

Sorry, try these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_5WLBQyxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100BcVmDDTA

Thanks! For those who may be interested in a little LL memorabilia:

Lee Luvisi

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway legs?
by Klavimaniac
22 minutes 19 seconds ago
1875 legs and lyre where to get?
by Klavimaniac
Today at 06:02 PM
"It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't...
by prout
Today at 04:43 PM
Yamaha CP33?
by Possum SP280Krome
Today at 04:16 PM
E4 Just Won't Come Into Tune
by Cobra1365
Today at 03:49 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159406 Topics
2341620 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission