Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#2136990 - 08/22/13 07:41 AM Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
We're putting a new floor in our kitchen, so guess where all the stuff that was in the kitchen went? In my piano room. Can you find the piano in this picture? It's there somewhere behind the stove and the kitchen table. I am able to squeeze in there and practice, so I can't use that as an excuse for taking a break.

Here's what it is supposed to look like. Hopefully I can restore it to this condition some day soon:

It's been awhile since we had a photo thread - now that I have shown you mine, show me yours!

Sam

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2137004 - 08/22/13 07:58 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
This is a picture we put on Facebook in the hope of recruiting other music lovers among our friends and neighbors and get together in jam sessions...

#2137006 - 08/22/13 08:00 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Do we have to be in the midst of home repairs before posting new pics smile?

I have a painter coming in a few weeks, I'll wait for his arrival and disruption of my piano space !

#2137026 - 08/22/13 08:48 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Rickster Online   content

Good luck with the kitchen floor renovation project, Sam! Hey, I've been a guest at your home and you indeed have a lovely home and place in the deep woods of west central Georgia!

Here is a picture of my old Conover upright when I was treating the tuning pins with CA glue to tighten them up a bit. My method of tilting the piano back was unorthodox, but it worked!

The Conover renovation turned out great and I gave the piano to my dear sister as a house warming gift when she bought a new house. She loves the piano!

Rick

#2137034 - 08/22/13 09:05 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Here's a picture of my set up here in WI. I don't have any acoustic pianos up here during the summer, so I have to make do with the FP-7. The synth on the right is my newly acquired Yamaha MOX6 which I'm still learning how to use!

edited: for some reason I can't figure out how to get the actual picture here, so here's a link:

https://app.box.com/s/fgtxwc43ray6yaszh4ak

Edited by Morodiene (08/22/13 09:12 AM)
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2137039 - 08/22/13 09:19 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Rickster]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sinophilia - lovely instrument collection. I used to play clarinet - my wife still does occasionally.

Rick - that's a creative use of tractor hydraulics!

Morodiene - very cool keyboard setup - you could straddle the piano bench and play one with the left hand and one with the right...

Sam

#2137046 - 08/22/13 09:32 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]

Originally Posted By: Sam S
Sinophilia - lovely instrument collection. I used to play clarinet - my wife still does occasionally.

Rick - that's a creative use of tractor hydraulics!

Morodiene - very cool keyboard setup - you could straddle the piano bench and play one with the left hand and one with the right...

Sam
Haha....or look really impressive playing one hand behind my back!

#2137081 - 08/22/13 10:54 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Rick, can I be your sister? smile

(Riddler, it's ok, bro, I'm used to having many brothers, so I won't neglect you!)

Cathy

#2137095 - 08/22/13 11:29 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
keystring Online   content

Loc: Canada
My setup isn't quite as cluttered as it appears here, but it does reflect my life. My two-tiered work desk is in the front, and the piano is behind it with the new cable running from piano to computer. The "stair stepper" from a second hand store guarantees exercise when life gets out of hand.
https://app.box.com/shared/static/m4mgp2eljo3ta81za4uh.jpg

Even the monitors may have music in one corner, and work in the other.

This is the view I would prefer to have - away from work and at the piano. The open book is music history because I was playing their example when the phone rang and I never got back to it.
https://app.box.com/shared/static/3vnmo20n4pkuo52qmhy1.jpg

#2137108 - 08/22/13 11:48 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: jotur]
Riddler Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: jotur
Rick, can I be your sister? smile

(Riddler, it's ok, bro, I'm used to having many brothers, so I won't neglect you!)

Cathy

You didn't think I'd actually catch that, did you?

But it's OK. If Rick is your bro, he's mine too, and I can feel free to call on him for help whenever I need it. smile

Ed

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

#2137119 - 08/22/13 12:03 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Riddler]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Here`s mine . . complete with Super Massive Music Stand . . .The speakers have been returned to the loft; they`re not needed.

""

#2137129 - 08/22/13 12:19 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]

Hey, Peterws, that is a nice looking set of speakers you have there... I'll bet your DP sounds great.

And, Cathy, yes, you can be my sister... now let me see if I can find you a vintage upright. smile

Rick

#2137155 - 08/22/13 12:55 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]

peterws: love the music stand!

Keystring: you are like me, I leave something out as a nagging reminder that I should be doing that rather than put it away and forget about it smile

Sam s: I'm sure it's worth it to redo the kitchen floors, but I'm sure you will be glad to have your piano room back!

Rickster: what exactly were you doing to the piano?

#2137187 - 08/22/13 01:29 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Morodiene]
Allan W. Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Morodiene

Thought he was dragging it along the road at first... thought he knew better than that wink

#2137193 - 08/22/13 01:37 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Allan W.]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Well, it hasn't changed in 3 years:

Rick - thanks so much! I have a vintage upright, as you can see, a 1905 Howard. But it no longer holds a tune, and it, uh, doesn't sound the best, either. I suppose we'd have to deal with shipping from you to me? laugh

Riddler - whew! yes, I'd guess Rick will now help you out with anything (piano related) you'd need. Right, Rick?

Cathy

#2137198 - 08/22/13 01:46 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]

Originally Posted By: Morodiene

Well, the tractor is not in motion, and I’m certainly not dragging the piano down the road… I was on my concrete driveway behind my house.

What I was doing was treating the pin block with a tuning pin tightener, which was actually liquid “superglue” or CA glue. This is a very common method/procedure to add life to the pin block.

To do this correctly, the piano has to be tilted on its back far enough so the CA glues will run vertically into and around the tuning pin and pin block. It will not follow this path very well if the piano is upright in its normal position.

The tractor and boom pole worked well to tilt the piano on its back without straining my back… I’m not as young as I used to be. smile

Real piano technicians (or some of them) have a special jig designed to tilt the upright piano on its back for this kind of service. However, the tractor and boom pole worked well in my case.

Hope this explains it… smile

Rick

#2137212 - 08/22/13 02:06 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Piano RX Offline

Nice piano area Sam... how does one insert a photo into a post?

#2137258 - 08/22/13 02:55 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Rickster]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Originally Posted By: Rickster

What I was doing was treating the pin block with a tuning pin tightener, which was actually liquid “superglue” or CA glue. This is a very common method/procedure to add life to the pin block.

Yum! I sense a new opportunity to unleash my passion for extreme DIY!

Next week I'll tour a store full of old pianos...

#2137276 - 08/22/13 03:18 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Piano RX]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: PianoismyScrip
Nice piano area Sam... how does one insert a photo into a post?

The way I do it is to upload the picture to someplace free that stores photos - I use google photos, or I guess it's called google+ now. I used to use something called photobucket, not sure if that is still around.

Then I right click on the photo and copy the link to it.

When you are in the posting window there is a icon available to enter an image. You paste the link to the photo there.

Then do a preview to see if it actually worked!

Sam

#2137280 - 08/22/13 03:20 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

peterws, that is a serious music stand. Did you buy that somewhere? I've got a digital (which doesn't get much use) with a wimpy little stand...

Sam

#2137342 - 08/22/13 06:10 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or
Here is my little kingdom.

2010 Roland KR-115m
Alfreds AIO Level 2:
Working on (Simply Joplin) Solace, Peacherine Rag, A Breeze from Alabama:, (Burgmuller) Progres, Limpid stream.

#2137347 - 08/22/13 06:27 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: wj3]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Oh! What? That Roland looks the business. Wouldn't mind gigging that . . . .

""

#2137409 - 08/22/13 08:55 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: wj3]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wj3
Here is my little kingdom.

Cool piano, but I also like that artwork on the wall. Is that a print?

Sam

#2137443 - 08/22/13 09:51 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or
Yes it's a print. I call it "TheProfessor". It goes well in the room.

2010 Roland KR-115m
Alfreds AIO Level 2:
Working on (Simply Joplin) Solace, Peacherine Rag, A Breeze from Alabama:, (Burgmuller) Progres, Limpid stream.

#2137501 - 08/23/13 01:09 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Mr. Square Offline

Loc: Kalifornia
Ooh I love to see pics... I'll play. Come on, keep it going.

Open Arms
Primavera -Ludovico Einaudi

Adult beginner since April Fool's Day 2013. Seems quite apropos at times...

#2137508 - 08/23/13 01:32 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Clayman Offline

Loc: Prague, Czech Rep.
Great pics, everyone. smile My dear, shortly after unpacking.

Edited by Clayman (08/23/13 01:33 AM)

Learning to play the piano since 06/2013 on a Kawai CA-95.

Music is what feelings sound like. ~ Author Unknown

#2137514 - 08/23/13 01:54 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

It's a repost, but I'm proud of her. Mabel after her recent tuneup:

#2137529 - 08/23/13 03:45 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Whizbang]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
OK, I will play. Here is my little practice corner. The Avant Grand is against the back wall for silent practice.

#2137556 - 08/23/13 05:49 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Mr. Square]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Mr. Square
Ooh I love to see pics... I'll play. Come on, keep it going.

Nice! The dog matches the couch which matches the carpet! What are those things under the piano? Chinese dragons?

Sam

#2137557 - 08/23/13 05:50 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Whizbang]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Whizbang
It's a repost, but I'm proud of her. Mabel after her recent tuneup:

A Fandrich! Now that's a rare piano...

Sam

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (ando, ajames, AndresD, AmateurBob, 41 invisible), 1839 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75599 Members
42 Forums
156310 Topics
2295662 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Another reason to love the MP11
by Markarian
07/31/14 03:57 PM
Digital Piano for a Musical
by well23
07/31/14 03:39 PM
Carrying Bah for Rokit 6 G3 monitors?
by Mta88
07/31/14 03:39 PM
Supplemental instruction?
by TwoSnowflakes
07/31/14 03:15 PM
Mason & Hamlin BB with Live Performance
by eugene_bb
07/31/14 12:50 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission