Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#2139638 - 08/27/13 12:03 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Jean-Luc Offline

Loc: France
What a beautiful kitty smile

Jean-Luc

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2139646 - 08/27/13 12:24 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Wow, really beautiful pianos, rooms and pets!
Here is my space with my digital. This picture shows my daughter - she was sick, at home - and it was taken in 2009. The bird has died last year frown

PS: I think I had already shown this picture on PW...

Edited by CarlosCC (08/27/13 12:30 PM)
Edit Reason: add PS

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

.:: Visit the 'European Piano Party 2014 - EPP2014' thread ::.

#2139659 - 08/27/13 01:13 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Boira Offline

Loc: Barcelona
Not exactly the general view pictures that show all the instrument, but here are some of my flat mates: A Petrof uprighth, a gralla (medieval precursor of the oboe) and a Fender precission bass.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boira-synnove/sets/72157625472826928/

#2139706 - 08/27/13 03:36 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Boira]
Sam S Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Boira
Not exactly the general view pictures that show all the instrument, but here are some of my flat mates: A Petrof uprighth, a gralla (medieval precursor of the oboe) and a Fender precission bass.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boira-synnove/sets/72157625472826928/

Love the one of the little pianist - I feel like that sometimes - too small for the music and the piano. Hope you don't mind if I link back to the image:

Sam
Every ABF recital since #13 Feb '09!
ABF Recital Index
My Recital Performances

#2139739 - 08/27/13 04:46 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Boira]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
Boira, these are wonderful photos!

#2139800 - 08/27/13 06:42 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: CarlosCC]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Your little one will be better now. Does she still play that piano? Has she taken to it? Hope so . . .

""

#2140031 - 08/28/13 03:55 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Boira Offline

Loc: Barcelona
Thank you very much, Sam and Sinophilia! I'm very glad you liked them.
I must confess that the little pianist plays a lot better than I do grin

There're really nice pictures in this thread, lovely instruments and not only pianos!

#2140318 - 08/28/13 04:05 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Here are a few old pictures of my Grotrian-Steinweg 189 and some sound coming from it smile

mendelssohn

rachmaninoff

more pics here

grotrian pictures

christmas pictures

#2142189 - 09/01/13 09:57 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
heathermphotog Offline

Loc: Georgia
I haven't been on here in a while, but I like this thread so I thought I would play along smile

Here is my beloved piano and this is normally how this room looks ... music everywhere between me and my 7-year-old daughter playing and practicing.

This room used to be a tiny dining room, then we turned it into a music room - this made more sense to use it like this. We bought a vintage couch to sit and listen to the piano and we enjoy this room very much.

Knabe WMV247
β€œWhen you play, never mind who listens to you.” ― Robert Schumann
β€œThe piano ain't got no wrong notes.” ― Thelonious Monk

#2142205 - 09/01/13 10:46 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: heathermphotog]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

I think it was a genius who invented the Sloping Fronted Piano . . . Just perfect for music! So`s the floor . . .

""

#2142208 - 09/01/13 10:54 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: peterws]
heathermphotog Offline

Loc: Georgia
wink yes ... Perfect!

Knabe WMV247
β€œWhen you play, never mind who listens to you.” ― Robert Schumann
β€œThe piano ain't got no wrong notes.” ― Thelonious Monk

#2142399 - 09/01/13 05:48 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
ClsscLib Online   content

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Northern VA, U.S.
It was once the Family Room, now "the Music Room." This cost me a lot of redecorating expense elsewhere in the house, but life is compromise:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

#2142408 - 09/01/13 06:06 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: ClsscLib]
Sam S Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ClsscLib
It was once the Family Room, now "the Music Room." This cost me a lot of redecorating expense elsewhere in the house, but life is compromise:

Is that one of those pneumatic benches? Very nice...

Sam
ABF Recital Index
My Recital Performances

#2142422 - 09/01/13 06:46 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: ClsscLib]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted By: ClsscLib

That's what I did! Remember my picture? smile Although mine is just a "tiny" bit on the lower expense sheet. You can imagine, from my living room (combo music room/exercise room) what my two spare bedrooms look like. smile I did, in fact, redecorate them! They are what cat's like. smile I seriously need to remind myself what's in some of those boxes. smile

Seriously....congrats....it's beautiful.

#2142432 - 09/01/13 07:01 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Morodiene]
255 Offline

Beautiful thread!
I envy you all for those awesome grand pianos! laugh

#2142654 - 09/02/13 03:36 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: ClsscLib]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Er . . .is that a plug next to your piano? sort of Electro-Acoustic design? Looks very interesting . . Seriously, you have a great room there!

""

#2145080 - 09/06/13 05:25 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Strings & Wood]
Tubbie0075 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Strings & Wood

Nothing touches the soul like the eyes of a Cocker.

What about a Labrador puppy? Here's our new family member, Max.

#2145098 - 09/06/13 07:08 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Michael_99 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada Alberta
Sam, I have read your post, here:

subject: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, funny!

as I have posted a million times before, I live in a shack that I bought in 1978 that was tiny - 450 sq ft - and was built in 1945 for the soldiers coming from the war (WW II) and were ripe to get married and start a family - having fought a war in Europe from when the war started and were 16 years old - were now 20 or 21 years old in 1945 - if they surived the war.

Sam, my whole shack is just as full of stuff as your room with the digital piano - but in my living room there is nothing except 3 small piano benches for My Yam Clavinova, my Yam P95 and Yam 3 legged piano and a washing machine because I can't afford to heat the basement so I only live upstairs so thus the only place was my living room for the washing machine and my bed is in the kitchen because I was sleeping in the livingroom and when I got my 3 legged acoustic piano BUT - I thew out the couch that was in the living room that I slept on and put a cot in the kitchen where I sleep now. Now people who know me ask me if my bed is still in the kitchen - they have seen it - and I say, of course, yes, the bed is still in the kitchen. .

Also when I bought the house/shack, the mortgage company wouldn't give me a mortgage because hanging from the ceiling of the kitchen was lamp wire with a light fixture - which, of course, could easily catch fire - or cause a fire. I told the mortgage people that I would plug everything into the electric stove because it had one good safe plug/receptical - so I would plug in the iron or the sear microwave - that still works today so from (1976 - 2013!) or an electric cloths dryer-120v, a portable dishwasher and an electric frying pan.- and the insurance company said they would then give me insurance and the mortgage company have me a mortgage with that understanding
that I would be careful. So that is why my house has holes in the walls and ceilings because I told the electrician, that it is a shack so just punch holes in the walls to put in the new wiring so it would be done cheap and quick. I also insulated the walls so it would be warm - and also so - I could't hear the traffic and hear the criminals pushing shopping carts down the sidedwalk day and night and now, of course, so criminal and honest people walking by the shack couldn't hear me playing the piano at 2:00 a.m. as they stagger home from the bars. I also put in new plumbing because I didn't want to die young of lead poisoning from the lead water pipes. And have never painted the place because paint is expensive and wasted on a shack with holes in the walls. The only thing I would add was that when I was a young kid, my parents told me that when they were first married a relative came to visit them and stayed for 6 months and mooched off of them - so I thought that I would keep that in mind and so - nobody has ever remotely suggested that they would like to stay at my place - which is cool - and as bad as it is - it is good enough that I can play my piano any time of the day or night and nobody will say squat!!

cheers,

Oh, yes, and for security reasons, I can't post a picture because if just one person on the planet that has ever seen the inside of my shack between 1978 to now 2013 would know instantly that it was my place and would tell the world and then the criminals would see what is inside and know where to look!

3S06CAP

Edited by Michael_99 (09/06/13 07:27 AM)

#2145125 - 09/06/13 08:20 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Tubbie0075]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Tubbie0075

Love that puppy, so cute!!!

Here is a photo of my new puppy... we pick Maggie up this weekend. Sorry Sam, for the high-jack. Can't help myself:-)

Schimmel K213 NWS

#2145163 - 09/06/13 09:42 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Strings & Wood]
Sam S Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

OK, since we are doing pets - here are some "pet" turkeys crossing my yard:

And here's Lovely Laurie and a snapping turtle in the road our house is on. We live about a half mile from a big muddy river, and the turtles come up to lay their eggs. I couldn't get her to stand any closer to the turtle. "Just a little closer, Honey, it'll make a great picture!" It's hubcap sized:

Sam
ABF Recital Index
My Recital Performances

#2145180 - 09/06/13 10:35 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
OH, puppies! The Labrador is a cutie, and I love Maggie's tail. Is she actually pointing at the ball, or is there a bird there somewhere?

And I love the setting of your house, Sam - beautiful country.

Cathy

#2145344 - 09/06/13 03:32 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida

my workspace

Estonia L190 #7284

#2145347 - 09/06/13 03:34 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: JimF]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Estonia L190 #7284

#2145351 - 09/06/13 03:39 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: JimF]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

cute pup, Tubbie. Here's a before........

Estonia L190 #7284

#2145353 - 09/06/13 03:43 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

.....and after...the current view from my piano bench.

not spoiled at all....that beach is just for them

Estonia L190 #7284

#2145356 - 09/06/13 03:48 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: JimF]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sam, the dogs were going balistic in the yard and I heard something on the roof one morning not too long ago....

Estonia L190 #7284

#2145376 - 09/06/13 04:20 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
Plowboy Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Such as it is.

Y'all have some nice spaces, that's for sure.

#2145400 - 09/06/13 05:29 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: JimF]
Tubbie0075 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: JimF
.....and after...the current view from my piano bench.

not spoiled at all....that beach is just for them

Very cute puppies that turned into very nice dogs. I wish I have a pool for our puppy Max. He certainly likes to be bath and keeps sticking his head under the water when we are watering the plants.

#2145444 - 09/06/13 07:53 PM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Michael_99]
Shey Offline

Loc: Greater Manchester, England
Hi Michael 99,
I have read lots of your posts in various places and can hear your love of piano playing.
I like the way you say you take your time with practise and the way you play your pianos.
It would be nice to see a picture of your pianos, but I understand you are concerned about theft where you live, this is why you are careful about letting people know where you live.
I hope one day you will not be so worried and would be able to show us your pianos, as you sound so proud of them.

#2145532 - 09/07/13 12:48 AM Re: Photos! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! [Re: Sam S]
mrm2 Offline

Loc: MA
Great thread! This one moved in with me about three weeks ago:

I sold a dining room table and four chairs, a recliner, and an exercise bike to make room for it.

Currently working on:
Liszt: Consolation no. 3
Scales and arpeggios ad infinitum

Mason & Hamlin A
Knabe Mignonette Console

"The drop of water hollows the stone not by force, but by persistent dripping."

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
190 registered (accordeur, acortot, 36251, adanepst, 52 invisible), 1794 Guests and 56 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153503 Topics
2249461 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1952 Bechstein Grand Piano - family needs appraisal
by feigede
04/16/14 05:43 PM
Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor
by Ruben1
04/16/14 05:14 PM
Question about monitor speakers with keyboard
by peabody
04/16/14 04:00 PM
Disklavier to replace digital piano?
by Big Cheese
04/16/14 03:42 PM
Happy Birthday TwoSnowflakes
by gooddog
04/16/14 02:23 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission