Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 28 of 32 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#2141904 - 08/31/13 05:28 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Renjer]
AZ_Astro Offline

Loc: Tempe, Arizona
Originally Posted By: Renjer
Testing out my new recording software - here is Vanished Days: (my first ever recital smile )

Comments?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vryibuz779fuwwi/Vanished%20Days.mp3?m

I don't really know how to upload files yet, so I am using my Dropbox user account. Youtube doesn't seem to like "audio only" files.

Super! Quite a challenging piece! A lot of time went into that. I would imagine you are reading and playing? You put a lot of dynamics into it and your piano held up nicely as well.

I uploaded a trial video of my piece to Youtube today. I used Windows Movie Maker and it would be very easy for you to put add a couple of pics and turn your piece into a slideshow. I used, I think, 9 pics for a 1:40 piece.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2141996 - 08/31/13 10:13 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
Renjer Offline

Thanks for your comments, yes, I was going through the PDF sheets from my iPad. I first heard about Vanished Days while browsing through one of the exam syllabuses of either the RCM or the London College, can't remember now. Then I heard a recording of this piece (youtube) from someone who joined the Grieg's Piano Competition and I was hooked since. I just had to learn this up.

Anyway, it was just a trial recording and perhaps when the due date comes I hope to make less mistakes while playing this piece. Er, is there a due date for the recitals?

As a second thought, I am also learning the "Wedding Day at Troldhaugen" and I find it much more difficult to play than this one.

Edited by Renjer (08/31/13 10:13 PM)

#2142086 - 09/01/13 02:17 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
AZ_Astro Offline

I think we're supposed to be ready by Sept 15. I think one opus is going to be published (by the moderator for each opus), starting with Opus 12.

My work is op 12 no 8 and we are planning to have our videos all done and submitted well before the 15th.

#2142196 - 09/01/13 10:12 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Renjer, welcome! The way the themed recitals work is that at the beginning of the organizational process, back when this thread started, people pick which piece they'd like to play, one person per piece. People then submit YouTube videos of their playing to the organizers, and the videos are published in order when the performance of the recital opens, which will be Sept. 15. The list of performers and pieces is filled out already now. So unfortunately your recording won't be part of the official themed recital. We're delighted to hear it though. Consider posting it to the September Piano Bar. There are also quarterly recitals on your choice of piece -- submissions for the next Quarterly recital open on Nov. 1 and run to Nov. 14. Also keep watching ABF for an announcement of the next themed recital. Hope you'll be a part of it!

#2142199 - 09/01/13 10:13 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

AZ_Astro, we're asking for submissions by Sept. 10. That gives the organizers time to put the threads together before the recital opens on Sept. 15, and also time to deal with any last minute problems.

#2142594 - 09/02/13 12:54 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
Renjer Offline

@Pianostudent88: That's ok then, I wasn't aware that all Grieg's Lyric Pieces were already taken. Has the Sonata in E Minor been taken yet? I'm interested in the Andante Molto section because I vaguely remember this piece having appeared in the exams some years back.

Unfortunately in November I will be having guests in my house for quite some time so I can't really play the piano. Perhaps I will have to wait for the next one (February 2014, perhaps?)

I noticed there was an Alkan recital as well on the Pianist forum, however, I don't think my piece is up to an acceptable standard yet.

#2142618 - 09/02/13 01:49 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Renjer, yes, the next Quarterly recital after November is February.

For this themed recital, we're only playing Grieg's Lyric Pieces. You could record the Sonata for the Piano Bar, or record it early and submit it to the November recital (or later). There's also the Ecco Fatto thread for submitting your first PW recording, if you wish. (Ecco Fatto = Italian for "There! It's done!")

You can also always just make a thread and post a piece for feedback or just to share.

There will be another themed recital coming up, but the theme and timing have not yet been decided. Look for information on that sometime after the Grieg recital finishes being posted (we'll have one opus per day starting Sept. 15, so finishing up on Sept. 24).

#2142975 - 09/02/13 05:36 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: PianoStudent88]
AZ_Astro Offline

Right! Thanks.

#2142986 - 09/02/13 05:56 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: PianoStudent88]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: PianoStudent88

There will be another themed recital coming up, but the theme and timing have not yet been decided. Look for information on that sometime after the Grieg recital finishes being posted (we'll have one opus per day starting Sept. 15, so finishing up on Sept. 24).

Can we do Schumann next time? Lots of pieces that are playable by intermediates.

Or Bartok - he gets no love in the ABF recitals. But the Mikrokosmos have something for all skill levels. I don't know why they aren't more popular.

Or we could make the New Age fans happy and have an all New Age recital wink Oh no, Einaudi!

Sam

#2143001 - 09/02/13 06:19 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Sam S]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted By: Sam S

Can we do Schumann next time? Lots of pieces that are playable by intermediates.

Or Bartok - he gets no love in the ABF recitals. But the Mikrokosmos have something for all skill levels. I don't know why they aren't more popular.

Or we could make the New Age fans happy and have an all New Age recital wink Oh no, Einaudi!

Sam
Hey, hey, hey, now! I haven't even begun to record my Grieg pieces, so let's hold off on discussing what's next until we're done with what's now! smile

Don't mind me, just a little under the gun crazy
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2143212 - 09/03/13 01:57 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: PianoStudent88]
keystring Online   content

Loc: Canada
AZ_Astro, we're asking for submissions by Sept. 10. That gives the organizers time to put the threads together before the recital opens on Sept. 15, and also time to deal with any last minute problems.

Oh dear, I was counting on the 15th. I didn't see about the 10th. I've been working round the clock on a project that came up and don't know how fast I'll be finished. Before the 10th might happen, but what if I cant make it that soon?

#2143243 - 09/03/13 03:27 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: keystring]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Before the 10th might happen, but what if I cant make it that soon?

Worry not! You`ll sound like the rest of us . . . .

""

#2143372 - 09/03/13 11:03 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]

If I can't get a recording in, then I won't sound like anything. That's what I mean. I blithely thought the date was the 15th. I actually expected to be early until this came up.

#2143378 - 09/03/13 11:10 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

keystring, contact your opus leader and check that they could accept the piece after the 10th and still put together their thread.

#2143476 - 09/03/13 02:29 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Some of us are done, done, done....

Yeah, I know ...

Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#2143920 - 09/04/13 08:56 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: keystring]

Originally Posted By: keystring

Oh dear, I was counting on the 15th. I didn't see about the 10th. I've been working round the clock on a project that came up and don't know how fast I'll be finished. Before the 10th might happen, but what if I cant make it that soon?
I'm kind of feeling under the gun as you are. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to have French Serenade 62/3, From the Early Years 65/1, and Halling 71/5 recorded this weekend.

The two new pieces, Butterfly 43/1 and Brooklet 62/4, however, could really use more work given the short time allowed to work on it. So I'm hoping for some mercy from the respective OPleds wink .

From what I heard of your playing if your piece, keystring, it is in fine condition, so then the real concern is just when you'd get a chance to record it. I'm sure they'll be able to make an exception for you if need be.

#2143994 - 09/04/13 11:38 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
Dipsy Offline

cool Piano Dad - I'm impressed. Though I wish you hadn't been smug about it. Especially when some of us lesser mortals arerushingaroundlikeheadlesschickens! (word association; SALT. WOUND. RUBBING IN)
eek

#2143998 - 09/04/13 11:49 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Morodiene]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

"So I'm hoping for some mercy from the respective OPleds wink ."

Consider it done, young lady! 43-1 has to be in the hands of the Chief Whip by the 17th. If you get it to me for the 15th I should be OK . . (Famous last words) grin

""

#2144016 - 09/04/13 12:31 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: peterws]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Sent in my third of 3 this morning, so I am done. None of them are without mistakes, so the rest of you stop being such perfectionists...

Sam

#2144114 - 09/04/13 04:02 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Dipsy]
Piano*Dad Offline

Originally Posted By: Dipsy

cool Piano Dad - I'm impressed. Though I wish you hadn't been smug about it. Especially when some of us lesser mortals arerushingaroundlikeheadlesschickens! (word association; SALT. WOUND. RUBBING IN)
eek

grin

Schaden : Freude
Grotrian 192 #156455

#2144117 - 09/04/13 04:06 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Piano*Dad]

Originally Posted By: Piano*Dad

Schaden : Freude

Disaster : Joy

The two sides of life.

Or did you mean to say Schadenfreude? grin
(Happiness at others' misfortunes)

#2144122 - 09/04/13 04:17 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
Dipsy Offline

Touche! smile

#2144249 - 09/04/13 08:26 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
Piano*Dad Offline

Why thank you! smile
Grotrian 192 #156455

#2144501 - 09/05/13 08:51 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]

Thanks, peterws! You're a good, merciful Opled indeed! laugh

#2144764 - 09/05/13 06:31 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
My piece is definitely getting there.

I recorded it for the heck of it last night -I knew it wouldn't be awesome quality, since BillyO was playing his Telecaster through the Marshall, but naturally I got a great take, with just enough buzz to be annoying.

So I tried again a little while ago, and got decent takes - with very loud cicadas buzzing in the background. (Bill measured the sound recently - 80 decibels!)

So hopefully, later tonight, I will get the take I want, if the universe decides to take a nap smile It's by no means perfect (it's sooo hard to keep the melody loud and the rest quiet), but I'm pretty pleased with what I've done.

#2144796 - 09/05/13 07:18 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Mine's still a right mess pmsl, wink

#2144803 - 09/05/13 07:26 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Finally finished recording my four contributions this morning. Interesting experience !!

NOW - would someone please "re-post" the instructions for submitting our recordings? I plan to use Windows Movie Maker to create a video for each. I also have a youtube channel. How should I proceed?????

THANKS !!!!!

(And yes - I know we have contact persons for each opus number grin)

#2144807 - 09/05/13 07:31 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: Rostosky]
dynamobt Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
Make a separate video for each piece. Then upload them to your YouTube channel. Then send the separate links to each video to the appropriat Opled.

Also send in a brief blub about each piece to the Opled. It can be what was diffiult, what you learned, anything that you have to say about the experience of learning the piece.

Edited by dynamobt (09/05/13 07:32 PM)

#2144829 - 09/05/13 07:57 PM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: dynamobt]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: dynamobt
Make a separate video for each piece. Then upload them to your YouTube channel. Then send the separate links to each video to the appropriat Opled.

Also send in a brief blub about each piece to the Opled. It can be what was diffiult, what you learned, anything that you have to say about the experience of learning the piece.

THANKS !!!!!!! thumb

#2145024 - 09/06/13 01:50 AM Re: Grieg recital: Proposal..... [Re: carey]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hello Carey; I just need your Youtube link and accompanying notes you may have on your music!. Send it to me on a "personal message" (Opus 43 6) and I`ll sort it . .

""

Page 28 of 32 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chopin Schirmer Editions
by Works1
10/31/14 11:12 AM
Bach. Has he ever played a piano?
by amt976
10/31/14 11:12 AM
Isn't this a Better way to Measure After-touch?
by Paul678
10/31/14 09:33 AM
The cutest!
by Rich Galassini
10/31/14 09:12 AM
Midi keyboard full setup (Kawai VPC1 + .. ? )
by Rockstar
10/31/14 05:18 AM
Who's Online
129 registered (amt976, ajames, accordeur, ando, Alan_Dublin, 39 invisible), 2211 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76712 Members
42 Forums
158633 Topics
2329851 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission