2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 10 invisible), 1,965 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 81 of 119 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 118 119
J
J
Hello everyone smile

I'm Jess, and I would love to chat about Einaudi with you.

I've recently discovered him and it has actually changed my life. (In a non-creepy way LOL) I have really enjoyed looking back through this thread and finding some great song suggestions and techniques so thank you.

I played classical for 9 years then took a break, now back into it again as a multi-tasking Mom (play 5 minutes, feed kids, play 10 minutes, break up fights, you know how it goes)

I started and got hooked, with I Giorni, moved onto Primavera, Fly, then Divenire. They each took about a week to learn, then 3x as long to put the soul in, you know what I mean eh?
I picked up I Due Fiumi in a day today - what a sweet little song!

I'm now learning Andare and Oltremare. - I do have some technical questions about those if anyone plays them and can help?

My hubby thinks I'm a little possessed with how quickly it's taken off, but Einaudi is just so....refreshing after the classics. Not to knock my lovely Chopin but this music gets under my skin in a way that nothing else has.

Anyway, I have my last two on the go to tackle, but am now obsessed with finding the sheet music to Questa Notte. But ARGH I can't find the music online! My usual site Musicnotes doesn't have it, and I don't want to pay a billion $ to join another one frown

Does anyone have a pdf of it they're allowed to share? (Mods please let me know if this isn't ok)

ETA: It's really nice to be here, I'm finding it a bit lonely having no one in real life to talk with about this music!

Last edited by Jessiebear; 08/24/13 08:15 AM. Reason: added more

Inspired by Einaudi and Tiersen.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Jess and welcome to PW.
Nice to know that Einaudi's music "changed" your life smile I know what you're feeling and I'm also a big admirer of his work.

I'm sure you'll find here lots of members to talk about music (and other subjects, of course) and it's a great location to share your music and progress. We'd love to hear some of your pieces!

Take a look to: ABF Recital Index: Ludovico Einaudi , It's a great resource of pieces of Einaudi played by ABF members.
Good luck!

PS: I think I can help you with "Questa Notte". Check your Messages wink

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
J
J
Hi Carlos thanks for your welcome smile
I don't have a way of recording my stuff but will look into it. Thanks for the Recital Index, that will be interesting to go through!

Thanks for your PM, yay!

So happy to be here laugh

J
J
Hi all, I've just listened to AnthonyB's rendition of Indaco on the Recital page and it doesn't seem too hard. Has anyone else played it? What did you think of it?

J
J
Oh and I have allllmost nailed Andare apart from a section which has totally confuzzled me, but I will conquer it, never fear LOL. How did you all find Andare?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Jessiebear,

"Indaco" is one of the pieces I worked a lot. I can say that has some tricky rhythms but it's not too hard. As in many pieces of Einaudi, you just have to work "beyond" the printed notes.
The piece is beautiful but I did some adaptions...

I don't want to make comparisons, but you can listen the version I did for Recital 26.
Link: Indaco - CarlosCC, recital26

No clue about "Andare".

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by Jessiebear
Oh and I have allllmost nailed Andare apart from a section which has totally confuzzled me, but I will conquer it, never fear LOL. How did you all find Andare?

So devilishly difficult I haven't even attempted to tackle it. help

J
J
Thanks Carlos, listening to that now. I just love this song!

Monica, the triplets in Andare aren't too bad, they run off the fingers smile It's just two bars on the second to last page where the timing goes all out of whack, to put it mildly, sounds great but BLEURGH! LOL.

J
J
Ok I've got the hang of the triplets in Oltremare that were totally stumping me. Turns out I needed to play it faster, doing it slow was too complicated.

But now I have fatigue in my right arm that is turning into a bit of RSI. And the culprits are the triplet sections of both!

Will have to limit myself to small blocks I think! Very frustrating when these two are so beautiful to play.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Has anyone here played La Linea Sicura? I tried looking in this thread, but it's so long! Anyway, I took a look at it yesterday and decided to put it into my practice menu. It's "easy" on some levels, but on the other hand, it will really challenge my ability to keep tension out of my RH. In that regard it's like the reverse of Yann Tiersen's Comptine d'un autre ete: l'apres midi.

After looking through some of the posts in this thread, I've also decided to start working on Nefeli (thanks Monica! smile

Anyway, if anyone is playing La Linea Sicura please share your thoughts.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm pretty sure AnthonyB played and recorded it at one time. I haven't tackled it myself.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
From the looks of my "Work in Progress" folder on Box.net it appears I had been working on LLS around December of 2012...but I don't think I ever finished the piece for some odd reason. smile

I had made and uploaded 3 small recordings on Dec 12th which I likely shared with Monica and is likely what she's recalling me playing. smile

As far as hand tension I'm afraid I cannot recall. Maybe that's why I gave up the piece in the end before nailing the whole thing down...

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Monica and Anthony, thanks for replying!

I practiced La Linea Sicura today (and also Nefeli, I couldn't help myself! smile

Anyway, I haven't played LLS enough to say yet, but I don't think it's going to be like Tiersen's Comptine was for me (initially I had a really hard time with it because I would get a cramp in my LH). But the key obviously is to have a very relaxed arm and fluid movement in the RH. Although Nefeli is more "work" to read/play through, I feel like LLS will be more challenging to polish and play. (Although we'll see if I say the same things about both of them a few weeks from now!)

One more question (please forgive me if this has been discussed in previous pages). I don't actually own a copy of Nefeli, and although I could just buy it as an individual recording, I was thinking of getting the album it's on, Islands. For those of you that have it, is Islands all solo piano, or does it have a lot of pieces with strings?

Last edited by ShiroKuro; 09/02/13 09:41 PM.

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J
J
ShiroKuro I'm listenting to LLS now, wow what a lovely song! It would be a good challenge to play, and you're right about tension in the RH from stuff like that.
(I am finding it with Oltremare too. It feels better the more I roll my wrist.)

Would love to hear it once you're happy with it!

Shiro, "Islands" is a greatest hits collection for Einaudi. I would say that less than 1/3 of the pieces involve strings, with the rest being piano solos. It's an excellent choice for people who are going to buy only one Einaudi album, but you may find yourself with a lot of redundancy if you can't help yourself and end up going back and buying all the original albums. help

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Jessie, I haven't been doing much recording lately, not having an acoustic at home kind of takes away the motivation, and this piece is definitely one that requires the beautiful, 3-dimensional sound of a good instrument (sigh).

I can't figure out the right way to articulate the "tension" thing, but when I listen to the recording there's a softness, especially in the non-melody notes in the left hand. And I think if you can't get that in your own fingers, LLS will just sound bland. We'll see. At least I can hear it, and that's the first step to being able to create it. smile

Monica, I noticed that, but then I went ahead and bought Islands anyway! whome I have not had Nefeli to listen to before, so so far that's all I've been listening to, maybe on my walk home I'll actually listen to some of the other pieces I don't know yet! smile

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
I am really enjoying Islands! Especially Nightbook.

I guess it's time to get over my "solo piano only" snobbery whome

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A
A
My sister finished college and has decided to pick up violin lessons. Can't wait to try playing some Einaudi together laugh (but it will probably take a while - plenty time to get her interested in Einaudi, right?)

David Lanz - Skyline Firedance Suite
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Main Theme
[Linked Image]
J
J
Allard: Plenty of time! Wish I could get my sister interested in piano again. Silly Ukelele has taken her over...

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Ugh. I just bought Oltremare. (thank you, SheetMusicDirect). I am totally possessed.

But I can't start it until Nov. Because I'll be doing Nefeli in Oct. laugh

La Linea Sicura isn't giving me too many problems... I'm even following the pedal markings (even though I don't like them very much on my digital, but this way when I play an acoustic I won't feel awkward).

If I don't finish my dissertation, it will be Ludovico's fault.

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 81 of 119 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission