Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2148127 - 09/11/13 10:25 AM Can someone help me to choose my piano ?
Ines Offline

Next week , I have to choose my first and only piano. I was always playing on a good yamaha keyboard.
And now,I find some difficulties to choose between those piano :

pearl river UP 108
ritmuller UP110R2
yamaha clp 430

I don't know which is the best for me.
Can someone give the advantages and disadvantages and help me to choose smile

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2148203 - 09/11/13 12:32 PM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: Ines]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Have you looked at the PIano Buyer's Guide? There is a link for it on this website.

I'm a little puzzled by your choices here. You have two Pearl River uprights in about the $4k range, and one digital piano at about $3k USD. IMO, if you can get a good acoustic, then that will always win out over a digital.

Have you looked at other piano manufacturers? Pearl River/Ritmuller isn't really the best bang for your buck as far as I know. It would be good to have some other good pianos in the same price point for comparison at the very least. Look at acoustic Yamahas, Kawais, and Hailun among your search.

Take your time in purchasing. This is not something you want to make a snap decision on.

You may want to post your question on the Piano Forum elsewhere on this site. Good luck!
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2148228 - 09/11/13 01:12 PM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: Ines]
carolinagirl Offline

I prefer the feel and sound of the acoustic that I take lessons on. But a digital was the best choice for my home because of the headphones and also because my home temperature is often above 80° which makes acoustic pianos unhappy. The ability to play midi files is a huge plus as well. I bought a Yamaha Clp 440, which is not a whole lot different from the 430 you are interested in. I am very happy with my choice.

#2148376 - 09/11/13 05:48 PM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: Ines]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California
You might try also asking the question on the Piano Forum and Digital Pianos Forum as they may have more/better input as well as possibly other suggestions to consider.

#2148417 - 09/11/13 07:10 PM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: carolinagirl]
Derulux Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By: carolinagirl
I prefer the feel and sound of the acoustic that I take lessons on. But a digital was the best choice for my home because of the headphones and also because my home temperature is often above 80° which makes acoustic pianos unhappy. The ability to play midi files is a huge plus as well. I bought a Yamaha Clp 440, which is not a whole lot different from the 430 you are interested in. I am very happy with my choice.

I think you may have just answered your question. wink

I would say if you are going acoustic upright, check out Schimmel. I played one at Cunningham in Philadelphia back in the spring, and it was outstanding as far as uprights go. The sound and touch were very very good. Price is a little higher, but not too much.

#2152284 - 09/17/13 04:07 PM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: Ines]
Ines Offline

Thank you very much for the response , everyone smile
We don't have those pianos in my country. We Surely have yamaha and I tried it.The sound was soft and I loved all about this but my family can't afford it .
I finally have to choose between the pearl river up 115,
ritmuller and yamaha digital piano clavinova
That's completely true " This is not something you want to make a snap decision on "

#2152349 - 09/17/13 05:45 PM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: Ines]
Mark Polishook Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Leicester, UK
Ines,

Take your time. Your statement about preferring sound and feel of an acoustic piano is definitely an important part about what you're saying.

Asking your question in the piano forum, as others have suggested, is also a really good idea. There are a lot of people there who know a lot about pianos.

Every bit of information you can find anywhere, books, internet, wherever, is helpful. But in the end let your fingers and ears make as much of the decision as possible. As you play the pianos that are in the group you'll choose from you'll eventually know which one you appeals the most to you.

Something else to take into consideration is the dealer. Because the piano will need service over time. So a dealer whom you feel is responsive to your needs and concerns can be very helpful ....

Hope this helps ...

http://www.polishookstudio.com - The Blog of the Improvised Line
http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkPolishookStudio - Youtube Channel
http://tinyurl.com/TinyJazzPianoLessons - Tiny Jazz Piano Lessons on Twitter - #tJAZZpl

mark@polishookstudio.com

#2152734 - 09/18/13 02:45 AM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: Ines]
4evrBeginR Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: California
I think you should at least try the Yamaha NU1 before deciding on anything.

If you are serious about an acoustic, I would try to get the Ritmuller UH118R. The Ritmuller UH are good. Can't say the same for the Ritmuller UP.

Both Pearl River UP and Ritmuller UP are the same, so don't pay more for a German sounding name. Hopefully, it will not be your last piano if you end up deciding on those.

#2153386 - 09/18/13 11:17 PM Re: Can someone help me to choose my piano ? [Re: Ines]
Tubbie0075 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Perhaps you should also consider Roland FP-7

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
157 registered (Almaviva, 36251, adanepst, 43 invisible), 1734 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153498 Topics
2249349 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Troubleshooting the Gravity Drop/Weight Transfer etc.
by bledredwine
Today at 11:16 AM
Stories in SoundBook 2 Valerie Roth Roubos
by DameMyra
Today at 10:48 AM
Teaching memorization
by clarikeys
Today at 07:45 AM
Accepted Procedure for Having a Piano Tech look at a piano?
by Paul678
Today at 07:19 AM
Tips for playing a piece through
by Hemmingway
Today at 06:40 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission