2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, dh371, 20/20 Vision, admodios, 8 invisible), 1,230 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2148092 09/11/13 08:51 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hi everyone, new to the forum so hello!

I'm currently looking at purchasing a digital piano as a gift, have a fairly low budget of around £5-600 and have been looking around online and a few stores in the area for the past few days. I just wondered if anyone had dealt with UK Pianos before, and if anyone has ever experience the 'Broadway B1'.

http://www.ukpianos.co.uk/broadway-b1

I have read on a few sites to steer well away from the none - big brands like Yamaha, Koig and Roland and have indeed followed that by 'raising my nose' up at items such as the cheap D10s etc found on Amazon. But I came across the UK Pianos site which has extensive reviews on many pianos, and the experiences of the Broadway B1 appear to be fantastic, at a really healthy price especially if I go for a 2 month old one. My worry is I want to do viewings and it's too far away, but am willing to take a risk if I know the quality is right – The person receiving this has a great ear, and I was searching for actual pianos for a while, but the logistics of transporting them and risk involved of a second hand one for the cost being a dud are too much – But I just mean, she knows how authentic ones sound!

Any help hugely appreciated! smile

Last edited by wengerstoybus; 09/11/13 09:01 AM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the forum.

Buying a piano as a gift is a lovely idea. However, in reality, there's a strong chance that the person receiving the instrument will not warm to it.

Instead, it's often recommended to make the present an invitation to a piano store, with a view to purchasing the instrument that the loved one enjoys. Of course, there's a strong chance that this will exceed your £600 budget...

As for the piano itself, I've never heard of that brand. However, if I had £600 and was looking to buy an entry-level digital piano, I'd stick with a reputable brand such as Casio, Yamaha, Korg, or Kawai.

Best of luck!

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
I agree with KJ, buying an instrument for a musician of almost any level is a mistake. The gift is letting them choose. But as KJ says budget maybe a problem for a 'furniture style console' model like that Broadway (never heard of it, rebadged cheaper asian model my guess). Does it have to be a console? The choice from the main brands is better in your budget for a slab style. Then we have to ask what minimum features or functions are needed.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Broadway (never heard of it, rebadged cheaper asian model my guess).

Correct.. they are made by a Korean company called "Dynatone".

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission