2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 11 invisible), 1,910 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Ines Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Next week , I have to choose my first and only piano. I was always playing on a good yamaha keyboard.
And now,I find some difficulties to choose between those piano :

pearl river UP 108
ritmuller UP110R2
yamaha clp 430

I don't know which is the best for me.
Can someone give the advantages and disadvantages and help me to choose smile

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Have you looked at the PIano Buyer's Guide? There is a link for it on this website.

I'm a little puzzled by your choices here. You have two Pearl River uprights in about the $4k range, and one digital piano at about $3k USD. IMO, if you can get a good acoustic, then that will always win out over a digital.

Have you looked at other piano manufacturers? Pearl River/Ritmuller isn't really the best bang for your buck as far as I know. It would be good to have some other good pianos in the same price point for comparison at the very least. Look at acoustic Yamahas, Kawais, and Hailun among your search.

Take your time in purchasing. This is not something you want to make a snap decision on.

You may want to post your question on the Piano Forum elsewhere on this site. Good luck!

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
C
C
I prefer the feel and sound of the acoustic that I take lessons on. But a digital was the best choice for my home because of the headphones and also because my home temperature is often above 80° which makes acoustic pianos unhappy. The ability to play midi files is a huge plus as well. I bought a Yamaha Clp 440, which is not a whole lot different from the 430 you are interested in. I am very happy with my choice.

Yamaha CLP 440 Delivered on April 16 2013
Started playing piano April 16 2013
B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member
B
You might try also asking the question on the Piano Forum and Digital Pianos Forum as they may have more/better input as well as possibly other suggestions to consider.

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by carolinagirl
I prefer the feel and sound of the acoustic that I take lessons on. But a digital was the best choice for my home because of the headphones and also because my home temperature is often above 80° which makes acoustic pianos unhappy. The ability to play midi files is a huge plus as well. I bought a Yamaha Clp 440, which is not a whole lot different from the 430 you are interested in. I am very happy with my choice.

I think you may have just answered your question. wink

I would say if you are going acoustic upright, check out Schimmel. I played one at Cunningham in Philadelphia back in the spring, and it was outstanding as far as uprights go. The sound and touch were very very good. Price is a little higher, but not too much.

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
I
Ines Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thank you very much for the response , everyone smile
We don't have those pianos in my country. We Surely have yamaha and I tried it.The sound was soft and I loved all about this but my family can't afford it .
I finally have to choose between the pearl river up 115,
ritmuller and yamaha digital piano clavinova
That's completely true " This is not something you want to make a snap decision on "

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Ines,

Take your time. Your statement about preferring sound and feel of an acoustic piano is definitely an important part about what you're saying.

Asking your question in the piano forum, as others have suggested, is also a really good idea. There are a lot of people there who know a lot about pianos.

Every bit of information you can find anywhere, books, internet, wherever, is helpful. But in the end let your fingers and ears make as much of the decision as possible. As you play the pianos that are in the group you'll choose from you'll eventually know which one you appeals the most to you.

Something else to take into consideration is the dealer. Because the piano will need service over time. So a dealer whom you feel is responsive to your needs and concerns can be very helpful ....

Hope this helps ...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I think you should at least try the Yamaha NU1 before deciding on anything.

If you are serious about an acoustic, I would try to get the Ritmuller UH118R. The Ritmuller UH are good. Can't say the same for the Ritmuller UP.

Both Pearl River UP and Ritmuller UP are the same, so don't pay more for a German sounding name. Hopefully, it will not be your last piano if you end up deciding on those.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Perhaps you should also consider Roland FP-7

Be yourself

I
Ines Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I finally chose ritmuller but I 'm not very happy with my choice.
I could say that when tuned , the voice of ritmuller was almost similar to the yamaha and I was so happy .The tuned lasted almost 5 months.
I could say that I sometimes feel blue about my choice,and I'm sometimes thinking about selling it.
At first, I was going for the clavinova. As a beginner, it could have helped me a lot and I would not disturb anyone with my playing.
I aim to be a piano virtuoso, but I'm not practising a lot cause I really don't like the voice of not tuned piano.
Those days, I start feeling blue again and couldn't say it cause it was a gift and that selling a piano is not an easy thing.
I hoped that someone could convince me that I'am wrong or convince me that clavinova wasn't a good choice.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
It sounds to me like it is time to call the tuner!

Learner
If you bought the piano new, you can expect it to need tuning much more frequently in the first year or 2 as the new piano strings are settling (stretching). So, get it tuned and then give it a chance to become more stable.

If there are swings in temperature and humidity with the seasons, that can also change the tuning. And people who live where the weather varies with summer and winter often have the piano tuned twice a year if they are sensitive to the changes in sound caused by the weather changes.

Cynthia

Roland FP-50
Conover Upright, 1888/9, but a very low mileage piano. http://www.pbase.com/schnitz/conover_upright_piano__1888_or_9 .
Tuneless = Don't play piano yet but getting there.
I'm technically very capable. I love my piano and love tinkering with it.
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
The piano I grew up on was a Young Chang upright and I have always considered it an excellent piano.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission