Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 60 of 65 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 64 65 >
Topic Options
#2208499 - 01/05/14 05:50 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
marka87uk Offline

Hi! I've been playing piano for quite some time but I've just signed up to hopefully discover new artists and gain some tips! smile

Einaudi is my favourite pianist both to play and listen to - his music really resonates on me.

I have my own YouTube channel where I've covered quite a few of his pieces (and also other artists), so if you have some time I'd love for you to check it out and let me know what you think! smile

http://www.youtube.com/marka87uk

Thanks!

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2208577 - 01/05/14 11:04 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Welcome to PW marka87uk!
It's always nice to meet another Einaudi admirer. Your music is great, and I enjoyed listen to your channel.

I hope you can paticipate in our PianoWorld e-recital. thumb
Lookin forward to listen more from you.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2208725 - 01/05/14 03:03 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Jessiebear Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Welcome Mark! I have had a nosey on your channel, what good stuff! I especially loved your Brothers/Orbits medley, and how you managed those top notes smile

#2208826 - 01/05/14 05:05 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum, Mark, and especially to the Einaudi thread! smile

I've been listening to your arrangement of "Waterways" on repeat for the past half hour. heart It's lovely, and you two capture the essence of his live version very well. thumb

#2209151 - 01/06/14 05:45 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm trying the book version of "In a Time Lapse" piece and I found it a "tricky" piece...
At the beginning it's hard to understand the logic behind the patterns but once you get it, the melody appears, and you conclude that every note is in the "right place". There's no space for errors and inventions... What a brilliant composition!

I did a 3 hours session yesterday and I reach the 6th page - almost done -. My memory was a little messed in the first pages because there are only little changes within the bars, but at the end of the day I played the 6 pages (by memory) without errors. Again, the melody (and the speed) is the key to decode this piece.

Has anyone tried it?

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2209182 - 01/06/14 07:48 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
ShiroKuro Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
I'm trying the book version of "In a Time Lapse" piece and I found it a "tricky" piece...
At the beginning it's hard to understand the logic behind the patterns but once you get it, the melody appears, and you conclude that every note is in the "right place".
(cut)
Again, the melody (and the speed) is the key to decode this piece.

I have not tried this piece, but I know exactly what you mean about certain pieces being impossible to understand at a slowed down tempo. Sometimes the syncopation means it's harder to play it slow because it just doesn't make any sense. I've had that experience where the early stages of practice seem like an exercise in playing random notes that are not connected to each other in any way. Then once you get up above a certain tempo, like magic the notes come together and, as you say, a melody appears where before there was only chaos. Not all pieces are like this, some you could play at a fifth, or less, of the intended tempo and they still sound like they're supposed. But others just don't display any musical logic until you get close to the intended tempo. I found parts of Oltremare to be this way (especially the 3 against 2 section), and also Joy by George Winston.

Edited by ShiroKuro (01/06/14 07:50 AM)

#2209248 - 01/06/14 10:35 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I do find piece with such small changes harder to memorize, which is why I just play them from the sheet music when performing. The bad thing is that I can't play any Einaudi if I happen to find a piano away from home.

#2209381 - 01/06/14 01:22 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
marka87uk Offline

Thank you for your kind comments! I'm really glad to hear you like my covers and I'll be sure to post any updates I do! smile

Monica - We were also lucky to both see him play it live together! laugh

#2209395 - 01/06/14 01:36 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
marka87uk Offline

At the beginning it's hard to understand the logic behind the patterns but once you get it, the melody appears, and you conclude that every note is in the "right place". There's no space for errors and inventions... What a brilliant composition!

I did a 3 hours session yesterday and I reach the 6th page - almost done -. My memory was a little messed in the first pages because there are only little changes within the bars, but at the end of the day I played the 6 pages (by memory) without errors. Again, the melody (and the speed) is the key to decode this piece.

Has anyone tried it?

I understand what you mean regarding this piece! crazy There is no strict chord pattern (although it only uses a handful of chords) and due to the little variations throughout, I don't think I'd even attempt it without the sheet music! I did record it earlier in the year (video below) but even then I'm not sure it's 100% as it's written! smile

Good luck with learning the rest of it! smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOET9fBKMM4

(How do I embed a video on this forum?)

Edited by marka87uk (01/06/14 01:37 PM)

#2209436 - 01/06/14 02:21 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Jessiebear Offline

Yes I agree about the snycopation not making sense when played slower in parts of some songs. It didn't click for me with that section in Oltremare until I just went 'to heck with it' and belted through, once it was in my head after that I slowed it right down and it made sense.

Mark I've subscribed to your channel, you're brilliant smile You inspired me to buy the sheet music to Life and I'm enjoying it now, it's a nice simple one for me to treat myself with while I wade through Clair de Lune LOL.

#2209445 - 01/06/14 02:30 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Jessiebear]
marka87uk Offline

Originally Posted By: Jessiebear
Yes I agree about the snycopation not making sense when played slower in parts of some songs. It didn't click for me with that section in Oltremare until I just went 'to heck with it' and belted through, once it was in my head after that I slowed it right down and it made sense.

Mark I've subscribed to your channel, you're brilliant smile You inspired me to buy the sheet music to Life and I'm enjoying it now, it's a nice simple one for me to treat myself with while I wade through Clair de Lune LOL.

Thank you very much! laugh Good luck with Life! The fast section for me was quite a pain to learn - literally!

#2209457 - 01/06/14 02:54 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Jessiebear Offline

Yeah that's my favourite bit LOL, but I'm a sucker for punishment. Try Questa Notte, you'll tear your hair out at the last page but it's worth it hehe. wink

#2209566 - 01/06/14 04:53 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
marka87uk Offline

I tend to stray away from long pieces, and at 8 pages long, I think I'll give that one a miss! But, maybe one day! smile

#2209598 - 01/06/14 05:44 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Jessiebear Offline

Aww that's ok. It's my favourite piece of his. I haven't heard anyone else from here play it, but I understand it looks quite daunting- I put it to the side for weeks till I plucked up the courage LOL.

Still can't get a decent recording though, the universe is against me! I am in awe of how many recordings you've got with no mistakes!

#2209643 - 01/06/14 06:23 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
marka87uk Offline

It's an awesome piece! But it must also be one of his trickiest! I would love to hear you cover it!

Aha, what you don't see is how many takes I may do before I get one I'm happy with...! wink smile

#2209767 - 01/06/14 08:28 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: marka87uk]
Jessiebear Offline

Originally Posted By: marka87uk
It's an awesome piece! But it must also be one of his trickiest! I would love to hear you cover it!

Aha, what you don't see is how many takes I may do before I get one I'm happy with...! wink smile

Ok this is after 10 takes LOL, and I'm still not happy with it, but my arm hurts now so it's the best we'll get for today.
Questa Notte https://app.box.com/s/neipwcxqtjy9ej9z51bl I hope this link works?

I have to try so hard to SLOW DOWN but it has a mind of its own!

#2209916 - 01/06/14 11:59 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: marka87uk]
Monica K. Offline

(How do I embed a video on this forum?)

Click on "switch to full reply screen". Then click on the fifth little box from the left, the one that looks like a television screen. Then click on "youtube" (or whatever is appropriate). A text box will open up, and you copy the link to the video in it.

One warning: On certain computers/browsers (= mine, for instance), if you paste the full URL (e.g., the www.youtube.com etc stuff) for the youtube link, it doesn't work. I have to delete everything EXCEPT the jumbled up letters etc. that make up the YouTube identifier. That probably doesn't make sense, but if you don't have success using the full URL, try this.

#2209987 - 01/07/14 05:09 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: marka87uk]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thank you very much! laugh Good luck with Life! The fast section for me was quite a pain to learn - literally!

What fast section are you talking about? Once I've changed the original version, what did I miss...? Is that session where is suppose to listen a violin...?
My version here: CarlosCC - "Life", live from home version

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2209993 - 01/07/14 05:26 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
Jessiebear Offline

What fast section are you talking about? Once I've changed the original version, what did I miss...? Is that session where is suppose to listen a violin...?
My version here: CarlosCC - "Life", live from home version

I actually looked this up this morning to compare to Mark's cover, and enjoyed it all over again smile

I mean the section on the second to last page, it's 3.05 on Mark's cover of Life

RH doing semi quavers, and jumping around a bit with the arpeggios. You know how the little finger is on the C for ages, then up to D and then E? I find that last little stretch & jump tricky. The rest is ok and quite do-able.

Sorry it's probably a ridiculous explanation but it's 11.30pm here and I'm tired!

And now I've looked back and confused myself. I was originally meaning Oltremare with the different beats for each hand (triplets vs. quarters), but the fast section of Life is just as tricky LOL.

Mr E likes to throw those bits in just to keep us on our toes!

Edited by Jessiebear (01/07/14 05:30 AM)

#2210107 - 01/07/14 10:40 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
ShiroKuro Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
Jessie, I just listened to your recording of Questa Notte, it sounds great! And the few mistakes (and there were very few) are not due to any problems with your ability to play the piece itself. And if we're going to have problems, those a the kind to have! So you should be very proud of where you're at with this piece!

Mark and Carlos, I really enjoyed both of your recordings of Life. I am adding this to my list of pieces to play in the near future!

#2210178 - 01/07/14 12:38 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
marka87uk Offline

Thank you! Yes, the version in the book differs from the one he played at home. (I actually prefer the one he played at home but I wanted to remain true to the book for that cover!) Saying that, my left hand couldn't stretch to the exact notes for that bit but unfortunately that happens for a few of his pieces for me!

Wow your recording of Questa Notte sounds great Jessie! I think it's the right speed! smile I'm really liking that piece at the moment - I won't be attempting it for a while though as I have so many other pieces 'in progress'! smile

#2210322 - 01/07/14 03:23 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: ShiroKuro]
Jessiebear Offline

Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro
Jessie, I just listened to your recording of Questa Notte, it sounds great! And the few mistakes (and there were very few) are not due to any problems with your ability to play the piece itself. And if we're going to have problems, those a the kind to have! So you should be very proud of where you're at with this piece!

Mark and Carlos, I really enjoyed both of your recordings of Life. I am adding this to my list of pieces to play in the near future!

Aw thanks Shiro! My arm was fatigued by the time I finished it, lol. But it's such a passionate piece to play, and has taught me so much.

Mark yes I can imagine you'd have quite a few in the works, spare time is something other people have eh?
I also like your Mass Effect 3 cover, it's stunning. Simple but strong and wow that bass mixed in gives it such oomph.
Oh and The Crane Dance, and heaps of others lol.

#2210725 - 01/08/14 04:15 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Jessiebear - Very, very good! I loved your Questa Notte. The speed is juts right, and the melody is well designed. I think I'll still have to wait a while to be able to play this piece.

ShiroKuro - Thanks thumb

Mark - As you, I prefer the home version of "Life". Unlike you, I do not like to be faithful to the books smile

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2210735 - 01/08/14 04:53 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
I'm afraid I will regret this decision, as there is a lot on my plate right now, but I want to try to learn "Primavera"... it is enchanting, and I guess tackling Einaudi is the only way I will ever learn a 7-minute long piece - which will probably become much longer in my hands grin

#2210821 - 01/08/14 10:06 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

"Primavera" is a powerful piece. I remember to listen it in the "Royal Albert Hall" concert.
I don't know how is the solo arrangement, so I'm curious about your new assignment thumb

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2210825 - 01/08/14 10:10 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

My "In a Lapse Time" piece is 10% done. All the piece is decoded, understood and memorized, so it's time to begin the hardest job: to play and get fun with it.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2210958 - 01/08/14 02:34 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: sinophilia]
Jessiebear Offline

That's great Sinophilia! Primavera is lovely and very satisfying to play. Have fun with it laugh

Carlos I love how you call that part the 10%, you're so right LOL. Can't wait to hear it! I love that song.

I'm working on memorising Oltremare and Ancora. Most of it just flows from the fingers, it's just remembering which 'chapters' happen next. Run is coming along nicely, and Life is getting there- still a lot more practice needed on those triplet semi's at the end!

How is everyone else going at the moment? What are you working on?

#2211358 - 01/09/14 09:01 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Jessiebear]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

(...)Most of it just flows from the fingers, it's just remembering which 'chapters' happen next.

It's wonderful when fingers jumps to the right keys, in the right moment, with the right touch, isn't it? Is from that point where we really start "listening" and enjoying the piece. At least, this is what I feel.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2211497 - 01/09/14 01:09 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
I've gone through the first two pages of Primavera - had to listen to it a few times to get it right. The notes are very straightforward, so it seems to be all about accents and expression. I sound okay on the digital, but quite bad on the acoustic, where the sustain pedal is just overwhelming and I have a harder time controlling dynamics. All in all this should be a valuable learning experience!

#2211518 - 01/09/14 01:42 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: sinophilia]
Monica K. Offline

Originally Posted By: sinophilia
I've gone through the first two pages of Primavera - had to listen to it a few times to get it right. The notes are very straightforward, so it seems to be all about accents and expression.

...and don't forget the tempo! When I was learning Primavera, the hardest part was getting the accents and expression done at the rather fast tempo this piece requires. I'd have to look back at my recording, but I don't think I got it up to Einaudi's pace.

Page 60 of 65 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 64 65 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
Today at 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
Today at 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Who's Online
97 registered (bennevis, anotherscott, beeboss, 36251, AZ_Astro, 35 invisible), 1325 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325970 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission