Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2151220 - 09/16/13 11:08 AM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: JoelW]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.
Originally Posted By: JoelW
Originally Posted By: Pogorelich.
What?! Do I look over 40 to you??? Hahaha! I'm in my early 20s!

I know you are. I meant everybody else. laugh The only youngins around here that I know are you, me, Debrucey (where'd he go?), and OSK.

Hey watch it, Joel. I'm quite a few years this side of 40! grin

#2151241 - 09/16/13 11:37 AM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Based on the comments in this thread, quite a few people think I'm a jerk. That's fine, I really couldn't care less. To Plover and Co: isn't it a waste of energy to continue posting these things about how I'm so incredibly nasty that you know I don't read and don't care about?

Block me if you want. Go for it. Or don't, and keep wasting your time writing things about how much you hate me. I will continue to post either way.

Polyphonist

#2151248 - 09/16/13 11:52 AM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: UK, Brighton
Joel; if I strike you as imbued with the antiquated spirit of an old curmudgeon....who's old, then I suppose I've clearly been neglecting my smilies smile Smileys? Hmm...neither seems right frown laugh Um, Polyphonist, you nasty, irredeemable piece of work, bane of society and scourge of civility, I'm on your side. Thought I'd make it clear. Kuan; sorry your performance has taken a side seat. Having listened again..well, again again, um, I recognise now that the majority of my intense appreciation of your interpretation comes from the eventism; the rubato and, probably, the very parts that some others consider unpolished, the inconsistencies, the hesitations like a sputtering candle, that flick back to life with a strongly pronounced sonority, much like the waking moon or a fine utterance of Christopher Walken... laugh Um...it's passion, it's a gentle, unsure, cautious passion that begs to be unbridled but reigns itself in....again, I really like it ^_^
Xxx

#2151267 - 09/16/13 12:12 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Polyphonist]
pianoloverus Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist
Based on the comments in this thread, quite a few people think I'm a jerk. That's fine, I really couldn't care less. To Plover and Co: isn't it a waste of energy to continue posting these things about how I'm so incredibly nasty that you know I don't read and don't care about?

Block me if you want. Go for it. Or don't, and keep wasting your time writing things about how much you hate me. I will continue to post either way.
Interesting how you can respond to posts you don't read.

I think your attitude must negatively affect your piano playing and it certainly negatively affects your teaching if you do any(that's already been demonstrated in your online "teaching" at PW).

#2151274 - 09/16/13 12:19 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: pianoloverus]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus

Interesting how you can respond to posts you don't read.

I think your attitude must negatively affect your piano playing and it certainly negatively affects your teaching if you do any(that's already been demonstrated in your online "teaching" at PW).

From now on I will not be reading these posts, and certainly not replying to them.

As for the rest, I really have no concern about whether a random guy on the Internet thinks I teach/play well or not. You've never seen me do either, just for starters. As for teaching at PW, I don't know what you're talking about.

Polyphonist

#2151281 - 09/16/13 12:27 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: FSO]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: FSO
Joel; if I strike you as imbued with the antiquated spirit of an old curmudgeon....who's old, then I suppose I've clearly been neglecting my smilies

Oops. I forgot about you! I knew you were young. Early twenties?

#2151285 - 09/16/13 12:35 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: argerichfan]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: argerichfan
What?! Do I look over 40 to you??? Hahaha! I'm in my early 20s!

I know you are. I meant everybody else. laugh The only youngins around here that I know are you, me, Debrucey (where'd he go?), and OSK.

Hey watch it, Joel. I'm quite a few years this side of 40! grin

frown laugh

#2151289 - 09/16/13 12:42 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: JoelW]
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member

Ha! Forgot about me...I don't believe it for a second wink Ja ja, two and score years...you're less the former?

#2151299 - 09/16/13 01:09 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: FSO]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: FSO

Ha! Forgot about me...I don't believe it for a second wink Ja ja, two and score years...you're less the former?

I'm half a score plus a quarter score plus the sum of a score divided by four minus two. laugh

#2151308 - 09/16/13 01:24 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member

Oh wow...sorry, even...even younger than I thought....now I can't *possibly* take you seriously laugh

#2151313 - 09/16/13 01:32 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Exactly.

#2151381 - 09/16/13 03:36 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Polyphonist]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: in the past

You'd have a bit more credibility if you posted some of your playing wink Maybe people won't attack you so much then..

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

#2151385 - 09/16/13 03:41 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Pogorelich.]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

You'd have a bit more credibility if you posted some of your playing wink Maybe people won't attack you so much then..

I don't need credibility. Read my posts, or don't, Pogorelich.

Polyphonist

#2151392 - 09/16/13 03:51 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Polyphonist]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Why are you making it an issue of whether or not I read your posts? It's not about that.. It's purely about satisfying my idle curiosity of how you play! smile

Why so secretive? Maybe you're some awesome pianist, and we'll all benefit from hearing you play.

Edited by Pogorelich. (09/16/13 03:52 PM)

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

#2151398 - 09/16/13 03:56 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Pogorelich.]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Why are you making it an issue of whether or not I read your posts? It's not about that.. It's purely about satisfying my idle curiosity of how you play! smile

Why so secretive? Maybe you're some awesome pianist, and we'll all benefit from hearing you play.

I don't know whether I'd call myself an awesome pianist. By the way, I can't post a recording yet because I haven't figured out how to do it. ha Maybe someday the day will come.

Polyphonist

#2151401 - 09/16/13 03:57 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Polyphonist]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I don't know whether I'd call myself an awesome pianist. By the way, I can't post a recording yet because I haven't figured out how to do it. ha Maybe someday the day will come.

I can teach you!

#2151404 - 09/16/13 03:58 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Pogorelich.]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

I can teach you!

What if I don't want to? grin

Polyphonist

#2151409 - 09/16/13 04:05 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

I keep confusing our posts because our names look so similar. grin

Polyphonist

#2151411 - 09/16/13 04:07 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Poly, you should record my Gmaj prelude and post it. grin

#2151412 - 09/16/13 04:09 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Pogorelich.]

I don't think posting a recording, even if it proved he was world's greatest pianist, would justify many of his posts. It's the tone of his posts, the arrogance and nastiness, that people object to ...not the contents.

#2151415 - 09/16/13 04:10 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: JoelW]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Poly, you should record my Gmaj prelude and post it. grin

See my PM.

Polyphonist

#2151441 - 09/16/13 04:50 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Poly: why wouldn't you want to?

#2151480 - 09/16/13 05:46 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: pianoloverus]
Mark_C Online   content

Loc: New York
I agree with Plover that the way Poly plays would be pretty irrelevant to the concerns that have been voiced, at least to most people. On some kinds of stuff, sure, but not much when it comes to style and tone.

#2151493 - 09/16/13 05:59 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Pogorelich.]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Poly: why wouldn't you want to?

Let me test the waters first by sending a recording to Joel of his piece. Then I may go public.

Polyphonist

#2151499 - 09/16/13 06:04 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Mark_C]
beet31425 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Originally Posted By: Mark_C
I agree with Plover that the way Poly plays would be pretty irrelevant to the concerns that have been voiced, at least to most people. On some kinds of stuff, sure, but not much when it comes to style and tone.

+1: me too. I can't wait for my next lesson when my teacher makes a criticism and I say: "Oh yeah? Let's see you play it better." smile

Being able to play well is a "nice-to-have" here.

Having good musical sense, taste, knowledge, and communication skills is the "must-have".

-J

#2151501 - 09/16/13 06:05 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Kuanpiano]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

I think plover agrees that I have the sense, taste, and knowledge. What I lack is the communication skills, according to him. grin

Polyphonist

#2151519 - 09/16/13 06:22 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Polyphonist]

I think plover agrees that I have the sense, taste, and knowledge. What I lack is the communication skills, according to him. grin
What I think is that any potentially positive parts of your posts are overwhelmingly outweighed by the negative aspects.

Edited by pianoloverus (09/16/13 07:52 PM)

#2151523 - 09/16/13 06:23 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: pianoloverus]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

What I think that any positive parts of your contribution are overwhelmingly outweighed by the negative aspects.

Here's a tip: if you want people to take you seriously, make sure your sentences make sense before posting them.

I see you went to edit your post and STILL did not correct it.

Polyphonist

#2151533 - 09/16/13 06:44 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: Polyphonist]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

What I think that any positive parts of your contribution are overwhelmingly outweighed by the negative aspects.

Here's a tip: if you want people to take you seriously, make sure your sentences make sense before posting them.

We all mess up!

#2151538 - 09/16/13 06:49 PM Re: Chopin - Piano Sonata op. 58 mov.1 - Practice recording [Re: JoelW]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

We all mess up!

But we can all take a few seconds to proofread something before posting it.

Polyphonist

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
135 registered (ando, AEMontoya, accordeur, 255, 37 invisible), 1451 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76006 Members
42 Forums
157160 Topics
2308203 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative.
by Lynsey
59 minutes 56 seconds ago
September Piano Bar
by ladypayne
Today at 12:14 PM
Scarlatti Sonata K380 Emaj -- How Difficult?
by ClsscLib
Today at 11:14 AM
High pitched sound from Yamaha Clavinova PF P-100
by Shiverca
Today at 10:43 AM
Rusty strings- a silly question?
by PhilipInChina
Today at 08:59 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission