Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2150356 - 09/15/13 02:53 AM GRIEG THEMED RECITAL - MASTER THREAD -LINKS TO EACH OPUS!
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Introduction from Dipsy: The Opled Leader!

Originally Posted By: Dipsy

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our biggest and best yet themed recital!
When I realised, (a few months ago and now without Rossy), that I might be out of my depth putting this recital together, I asked for help. The response was immediate - from casinitaly, dire tonic, zrtf, PianoStudent88, peterws and AnneH - who became my fellow Opleds. As a management team, we've shared ideas, work, laughter and stress! Each Opled has given of themselves for the sake of the recital as a whole, and management decisions have been genuinely shared. We've learned who is good at this or that, and some have taken on extra work to reflect this,- whether managing more than one opus (PianoStudent88, zrtf90); working with Frank ('Mr Piano World to you and me!)to create a special forum to help us communicate/manage the large quantity of material making up the recital, and generally bossing us about(!) (casinitaly); or learning extra pieces as necessary (dire tonic, peterws, PianoStudent88, and zrtf90). I would like to say a very heartfelt THANK YOU to all of my fellow teammates.

Before we had Opleds, Rupak offered the use of a computerised way for people to book pieces, and Ganddalf (who is Norwegian) agreed to write information about the composer. Much later, when some pieces remained untaken, or those which had been taken became available again at short notice, several of you helped by offering to play even more pieces to ensure we could produce the complete set. Morodiene deserves a special mention here, as she has, yet again, stepped in at the last minute to help us out. Others who helped in this way include PatH, Carey and Hawgdriver, and I'm sure there are more. Thanks to you all.

It has taken us months of hard work to get here and it's now time to sit back and enjoy the results together. We've shared our frustrations, jokes, advice, and offered sympathy. In short, we've shown our humanity, and accepted each other.

I think Grieg would be pleased. He said:
"One must first be a human being. All true art grows out of that which is distinctively human"

Enjoy yourselves!

Helen (Dipsy)

This thread contains links to all the Opuses, and will be updated as each Opus is posted. Your comments and feedback to the performers may be posted in the individual Opus threads.

Sept 15: Opus 12 click here
Sept 16: Opus 38 click here
Sept 17: Opus 43 Click here
Sept 18: OPUS 47 Click here
Sept 19: Opus 54- click here
Sept 20: Opus 57 Click here
Sept 21: Opus 62 click here
Sept 22: Opus 65 Click here
Sept 23: Opus 68 click here
Sept 24: Opus 71 click here!
Happy listening!

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2171833 - 10/25/13 01:09 PM Re: GRIEG THEMED RECITAL - MASTER THREAD -LINKS TO EACH OPUS! [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
bump

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (anotherscott, ABC Vermonter, Acevle, ajames, Arizona Sage, 39 invisible), 1714 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156313 Topics
2295729 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano software without sheet music
by OneSixty
07/31/14 06:05 PM
Transcribing Music
by Tigero
07/31/14 05:31 PM
Yamaha P-105 or the Casio PRIVIA px-135?
by Acevle
07/31/14 05:30 PM
Another reason to love the MP11
by Markarian
07/31/14 03:57 PM
Digital Piano for a Musical
by well23
07/31/14 03:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission