Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2150739 - 09/15/13 07:36 PM Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Hi I got a new Mac Air and cannot see the embedded video from the laptop. Even after installed adobe flash. any help will be appreciated.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2150768 - 09/15/13 08:18 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
I thought I remembered something about adobe air needed to make the flash player work on these videos??????

I'm not sure exactly what is being used on the embedded videos off youtube? Have you turned on your QuickTime player yet?

Also... I noticed today. All my youtube froze up. Embedded, at the site, everything. I think the site got overloaded. That was hours ago though. ?????

Apple provides free support for the first 60(?) days? I can't say they are as good as tech support used to be.

#2150793 - 09/15/13 08:48 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
JeanieA Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Reno, Nevada
FarmGirl, if you are using Safari to try and view the videos, that may be part of the problem.

I use Firefox on my MacBook Air and have few viewing difficulties with it. You may be prompted to install a bunch of plug-ins after downloading and running the first time, but my experience has shown you'll likely be happier with a different browser.

Congrats on having such good taste in computers! wink

#2150817 - 09/15/13 09:08 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California

#2150867 - 09/15/13 10:11 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
I've never had any problems with Safari? I do also have Firefox and Opera. I'd kinda rather use Firefox. Have a problem logging into PianoWorld with it. I decided to forget about Opera when I found out it was a "Chrome" (google's) browser.

That page Bob linked to concerns HTTPS pages. None of these videos are on an HTTPS page. ??????

EDIT: I just remembered. Yes I did have a problem with Safari on something? Firefox did it for me. Either way, if one don't work, I use the other.

Edited by rnaple (09/15/13 10:13 PM)

#2150906 - 09/15/13 11:03 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
FarmGirl Offline

Thanks. I basically cannot see the embedded videos in this forum, Grieg recital for example. If I click the blank screen a notice came up says to install adobe flash. I did it three time and still cannot see. I used my phone to see the videos instead. I will take the laptop to apple store after I return from NY.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2150918 - 09/15/13 11:15 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
JeanieA Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Reno, Nevada
Try this: go to /Library/Internet Plugins folder and delete WacomSafari.plugin.   This is according to Adobe.

#2150940 - 09/15/13 11:53 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
FarmGirl Offline

I canno find library.

#2151045 - 09/16/13 03:48 AM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
zhulin Offline

I've never had any problems with Safari? I do also have Firefox and Opera. I'd kind of rather use Firefox. Have a problem signing into PianoWorld with it. I made the decision to ignore about Opera when I discovered out it was a "Chrome" (google's) web browser.

#2151094 - 09/16/13 07:52 AM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
I canno find library.

Finder - Menu Go/Go to Folder

#2151250 - 09/16/13 11:55 AM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
KurtZ Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Heart of Screenland
You might need to enable java in the preferences for Safari. Some versions of Safari turn some versions of Java off by default because Apple found security loopholes.

Kurt

#2151294 - 09/16/13 01:00 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
FarmGirl Offline

I could not find anything like that in Finder... I am clueless. thanks everyone. I will ask Apple guys and get back to the forum with what they did to solve the situation. Thanks

#2151302 - 09/16/13 01:11 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
If you click on "Quick Quote" you will get the code for the post. Copy and paste the URL for the YouTube video into a browser window, and voila: video.

This is not as convenient as clicking on the video directly in the post, but will serve as a workaround till you get the one-click working.

#2151317 - 09/16/13 01:35 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
Sweet06 Offline

If you'd like I could hop on your computer and probably fix it for you smile I'm sure its a simple fix that wouldn't take me more than 4-5 minutes.

Edited by Sweet06 (09/16/13 02:07 PM)

#2151483 - 09/16/13 05:50 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
Sweet06 Offline

ok farmgirl. Just to help ya out as much as I can given the info. If you open Finder, where you go to look at all your files and stuff. If you look on the left... you'll see your catagories.... documents... movies... music... all my files..

If you see Adobe flash player with an eject symbol next to it, do the following: I want you to hold Control down and tap the space bar. THEN when you do that i want you to type "terminal" and hit enter. trust me, you do not need to know where its typing, it'll pull up a text window for you to start typing in.

Type this code in and hit enter

sudo ./Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player

enter in your password and reboot, then try safari and see if the videos are being embedded.

#2151488 - 09/16/13 05:56 PM Re: Help needed - cannot see embedded video on MacAir [Re: FarmGirl]
Roger Ransom Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SouthWest Michigan
Yeah, but Apples just work.

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
171 registered (88 Fingers Jeff, accordeur, 36251, A Guy, 52 invisible), 1942 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75495 Members
42 Forums
156103 Topics
2292360 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Korg Triton>midi>us
b>lightning to usb>iPad mini>Garageband

by SilentMHP
Today at 04:54 PM
Pianist Martin Malmgren Performing in Helsinki
by Piano World
Today at 04:25 PM
In need for that screaming, dirty, funky, rhodes sound
by Thomas B
Today at 03:36 PM
Godowsky - Prelude and Fugue for left hand alone
by Polyphonist
Today at 02:50 PM
piano player wanted...
by David Farley
Today at 02:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission