Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
143 registered (accordeur, anamnesis, A Guy, acollins, ajames, 38 invisible), 1804 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#2152376 - 09/17/13 06:34 PM Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

IMPORTANT STUFF

Dates [subject to change as more experienced folks tell me how to do this]

Signup deadline: Oct 15, 2013
Submission deadline: Mar 15, 2014
Recital: posted as soon after that as possible

General:

* Two categories: simplified and full rags.
* No duplicates within a difficulty class.
* First come, first served, but participants should feel free to swap pieces around until the signups settle out

HISTORY

Scott Joplin was born near Texarkana, Texas around 1868 and died in New York City in 1917. He came from a musical family and demonstrated musical talent from a young age. Unlike many ragtime pianists, he received formal training. His mother exchanged house cleaning services for lessons given by a local piano teacher, Julius Weiss. Weiss instilled in Joplin an appreciation for European masters and musical forms.

Joplin left home in his teens and worked as an itinerant musician in the midwest, playing in various towns' "sporting districts". Popular music was undergoing a shift in styles, mid-century forms sentimental ballads in the European tradition received an infusion of energy in the form of fascinating new rhythms that, starting around 1893 began to take hold in the American consciousness. This music picked up the moniker "ragtime," possibly due to a shortening of the phrase "ragged time". The music existed for about 25 years or so, with the usual dates given as 1896 to 1917, when ragtime began to turn more into early jazz forms.

Joplin's first publications were around 1895; his first rag was "Original Rags," published in 1899. Maple Leaf Rag, which became Joplin's greatest hit and the best-selling instrumental sheet of its time, was also published in 1899 by the publisher with which Joplin is most commonly associated, John Stark.

Joplin had several notable students who went on to compose rags in their own right. Often their first published rag was a joint effort between Joplin and them, in which the student composed one or more sections (often the first two) with Joplin filling out the rag in a compatible style. Joplin would then take the rag to Stark, where it would be published under names of both teacher and student. So what has your teacher done for you lately?

Joplin continued writing rags over the next dozen or so years. "Magnetic Rag," published in 1914, is Joplin's last non-posthumously published rag. Over the years, Joplin lived in Sedalia, Missouri and Saint Louis, Missouri, eventually moving to New York City as Tin Pan Alley began to dominate music publishing.

And while Joplin is most strongly associated with ragtime, he worked in a much broader oeuvre. In addition to his marches, waltzes, and songs, he wanted to produce "serious" music. He spent a huge amount of time, money, and effort in the composition of the opera "Treemonisha" (the focus of efforts starting from around 1906-1908). Unfortunately, probably in part due to his race and in part due to difficulties overcoming the stigma of being associated with a vaguely disreputable style of music, he was never able to witness their production.

RAGTIME MUSIC

Ragtime music's defining feature is the juxtaposition of strong on-the-beat rhythms in the left hand against melodies in the right hand that place stressed notes on off beats in the right hand. The most common form of rag is the two-step, which is also a form of dance. The two-step is based on a march, 2/4 time, consisting most often of low octaves interleaved with block chords near the middle of the keyboard. This type of bass is also called a "stride" bass, and it's a challenging aspect of ragtime. Tempo-wise, Joplin rags will often be notated as "Slow March Tempo," indicative of the march heritage.

The right hand usually consists of running melody lines and arpegiatted patterns that intermix individual notes with blocked chords. Blocked chords will often land on the off beats; that is, if you consider that the left hand is usually playing four eighth notes per measure, stressed melody notes will often fall in between left hand pulses. This yields a strong forward direction to the music that 19th century listeners considered "intoxicating"

Ragtime pieces vary in construction, but the canonical format consists of four 16-bar sections, arranged in AA BB A CC DD format. There is usually a four-bar introduction and often a four-bar interlude before the C section.

Ragtime is a genre of music that straddles the 19th and the 20th centuries. It infuses some of the characteristics of light classical music with an approach to rhythm that ushers in 20th century early jazz, blues, and stride. As such, there are a few guidelines.

* Early ragtime focused on straight notes, which, as the decades advanced, began to yield to swung notes

* Early ragtime probably had an improvisation tradition, but it likely wasn't the full-scale improvisation tradition of jazz where players have sections set aside to play changes. It was likely more akin to a Baroque improvisation tradition in which repeats were ornamented. However, "cutting contests" where two pianists would pit their abilities against each other in order to win a performance job were part of parcel of being a professional player

* Of course, modern ragtime players will do what they think sounds best with the pieces anyway, with varying success.

There are a lot of inferior rags out there. Joplin is widely considered the King of Ragtime writers because he brought nuanced melodic writing, movement of internal harmonies, and a general thoughtfulness in construction. His rags benefit very much from applying classical phrasing. In general, I consider his rags are very fragile things. Played brusquely, they evoke the worst stereotypes of honkytonk playing. Careful attention to phrasing and dynamics can bring out their sublime nature.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2152377 - 09/17/13 06:35 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

ABOUT THE RECITAL

I've attached a proposed list of Joplin rags. Coincidentally, my teacher had already prepared a list of rags that he'd graded on rough difficulty, having made specific comments on the rags in the group marked "EASIER" and "MEDIUM". Everything else, he grouped in the "HARDER" category. So I'm stealing it shamelessly.

Difficulty levels are relative and my teacher's opinion based on elements in the scores themselves. Ragtime isn't at the level of Chopin Ballade number 4 in difficulty, but even the easier rags require at least an intermediate level of technique. I personally don't find any of them to be "easy".

That said, there are plenty of simplified versions of rags out there--usually Joplin's bigger hits. The problem is that most of the arrangements are products for sale.

If you are interested in participating but worry about the difficulty level, I have a few proposals:

* First, if you already have or don't mind buying a particular simplified Joplin rag, then by all means speak up and I can add your rag to the signup sheet. For the simplified category, however, it's still first-come, first-served (horse trading permitted). If someone has already signed up for a simplified version of a rag, consider attempting another rag. Same thing goes for folks doing full rags--if someone's taken the piece you want, consider doing another piece or engage in some horse trading.

* Second, I've trawled through the Internet and found a few simplified versions that seem to have been made freely available for download.

* Third, if a full rag just seems too difficult and too long, you could consider preparing just a subset. Many simplified versions condense rags to just their AABBA sections, but you could also perform just a single section if you thought that was what you could do.

If there's a Joplin piece missing that you absolutely want to do, we can always add it into the list--the list is just an initial subset of good pieces.

RESOURCES

Finally, the post or two after this signup sheet will be a resource guide that links to good performances of the sample rags (both piano and non-piano arrangements) as well as links to the sheets.

Joplin write some truly enchanting music. I hope you'll give him a try.

#2152379 - 09/17/13 06:36 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

SIGNUP SHEET

SIMPLIFIED ARRANGEMENTS

The Easy Winners - AZ_Astro
The Entertainer - rnaple
Maple Leaf Rag - sinophilia
A Breeze From Alabama
Peacherine Rag
The Strenuous Life

ORIGINAL - EASIER

Weeping Willow - PlayAgain
Something Doing (Scott Joplin / Scott Hayden) - dpaws
The Chrysanthemum - SwissMS
Pleasant Moments (Waltz) - Rerun
Country Club - peterws
Swipesy Cake Walk (Scott Joplin / Arthur Marshall) - Allard
Magnetic Rag - peterws
Solace (Tango) - AimeeO

ORIGINAL - MEDIUM

*Crush Collision March - stumbler would love someone to play this
Leola - Beric
Palm Leaf Rag - MaryBee
Pine Apple Rag - zrtf90
Bink's Waltz - Anne H
Rose Leaf Rag - Whizbang
Reflection Rag (posthumous) - peekay

ORIGINAL - HARDER

* Original Rags - jotur
Gladiolus Rag - woodog
Maple Leaf Rag - dire tonic
Heliotrope Bouquet (Scott Joplin / Louis Chauvin) - zrtf90
Bethena Waltz - jotur
The Easy Winners - CebuKid
Fig Leaf Rag - Sam S
*Sugar Cane Rag - Greener
*The Nonpareil - Michael Taylor
*The Cascades - S. K.
*Searchlight Rag - AudreyJean
*Silver Swan Rag - Anne H
*Harmony Club Waltz - Colin Dunn
*Eugenia - briansaddleback
*The Entertainer - Derulux (Returning the pressure)
*Scott Joplin's New Rag - hrodulf

Edited by Whizbang (03/13/14 04:23 PM)

#2152380 - 09/17/13 06:36 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

RESOURCES

Bethena Waltz (1905)
piano
sheet

Bink's Waltz (1905)
piano (David Thomas Roberts)
sheet

A Breeze From Alabama (1904)
simplified sheet
piano

The Chrysanthemum (1904)
piano (ABF's cebukid!)
sheet

Country Club (1909)
string quartet
piano
sheet

The Easy Winners (1901)
piano
flute choir
simplified sheet (A section)
sheet

The Entertainer (1902)
quartet (Max Morath)
simplified sheet (A and B section)
sheet

The Favorite (1904)
piano rag, good spoken Joplin introduction
sheet

Fig Leaf Rag (1908)
piano (Joshua Rifkin)
sheet

Gladiolus Rag (1907)
sheet

The Great Crush Collision March (1896)
piano (John Reed-Torres)
sheet

Heliotrope Bouquet (1907)
piano
sheet

Leola (1905)
sheet

Magnetic Rag, Scott Joplin (1914)
piano (Bill Westcott), variations on repeats
guitar
sheet

Maple Leaf Rag (1899)
piano, embellished (Martin Spitznagel)
simplified sheet (A and B section)
simplified sheet (A, B, and D sections)
sheet

Palm Leaf Rag (1903)
piano
sheet

Paragon Rag (1909)
piano
string quartet, uptempo
sheet

Peacherine Rag (1901)
piano, embellished
guitar and mandolin ensemble
sheet

Pleasant Moments (1909)
piano with ensemble, uptempo (Frederick Hodges piano)
guitar
sheet

Pineapple Rag (1908)
piano
flute, piano, drums, (Jeff and Anne Barnhardt, Danny Coots)
guitar
guitar trio
sheet

Reflection Rag (1917, posthumous)
piano
sheet

Rose Leaf Rag (1907)
piano (Scott Kirby)
sheet

Solace (1909)
piano
sheet

Something Doing, Scott Joplin and Scott Hayden (1903)
piano accompanying a Harold Lloyd movie
guitar
sheet

The Strenuous Life (1902)
piano, another Harold Lloyd film
sheet

Swipesy Cake Walk, Scott Joplin and Arthur Marshall (1900)
piano, swung, improv (Sonny Leyland)
jazz band arrangement, swung
sheet

The Sycamore (1904)
guitar
sheet

Weeping Willow (1903)
piano rag performed by Larisa Migachyov (a prolific rag composer in her own right)
as blues piano (Sonny Leyland)
sheet

#2152381 - 09/17/13 06:37 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Generic Placeholder

#2152394 - 09/17/13 07:13 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
My goodness, Whizbang, what an effort you've put into this already!

Well, I'm delighted to see it started and I'll be happy to be the first to sign up!

Put me down for the Pine Apple Rag. smile

#2152402 - 09/17/13 07:25 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Valencia Offline

Actually i think I changed my mind already...

but as a note to others, there is the ragtime dance and the sugar cane rag that I don't see on the list. smile

Edited by Valencia (09/17/13 07:31 PM)

#2152415 - 09/17/13 07:45 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
This is great! Thanks for all your hard work. It's going to take some time to decide!

Sam

#2152423 - 09/17/13 07:56 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or/Las Vegas, Nv
Sign me up for the Peacherine Rag. I have already started working on it. I will be doing a slightly simpler arrangement by Mary Sallee from the Simply Joplin book. It seems to be the complete song (no sections left out).

Edited by wj3 (09/17/13 08:03 PM)

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller

#2152424 - 09/17/13 08:00 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
I'd like to do the Original Rags from 1899, please. I've probably played thru it a couple of times, but it looks doable, and if I learn it it'll be a great addition to my repertoire.

Thanks, Whizbang! I can hardly wait!

Cathy

#2152427 - 09/17/13 08:02 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Playagain Offline

HI,Whizbang,
Could you put me down for Weeping Willow? Thanks!

#2152433 - 09/17/13 08:10 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Valencia]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Valencia
but as a note to others, there is the ragtime dance and the sugar cane rag that I don't see on the list. smile

Oh, indeed! My problem with the list was not in what to include but in what to edit out for the first cut.

The stuff in the Easier and Medium sections are things that my teacher had specific difficulty level feedback on. Everything else he either 1) thinks belongs in the harder category or 2) isn't his cup of tea.

But I know that he plays Sugar Cane and has played Ragtime Dance. I'll put you down for Sugar Cane for now.

#2152438 - 09/17/13 08:13 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: zrtf90]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: zrtf90
Put me down for the Pine Apple Rag. smile

If you haven't played it, you'll love it! My house is often full of ragtime, to the chagrin of my partner, who's always made a huge point of grousing about it.

But then I caught him humming along with the B section of Pine Apple one day... busted!

#2152441 - 09/17/13 08:15 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or/Las Vegas, Nv
Oh I thought I might mention that most of Joplins works are available through IMSLP.

2010 Roland KR-115m, Yamaha clp-430
Working on Alfred Adult AIO 3 Super Special sorta song,Simply Joplin Bethena,Solace,Burgmuller

#2152442 - 09/17/13 08:16 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: wj3]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wj3
Oh I thought I might mention that most of Joplins works are available through IMSLP.

For the ones already on the list, I already went to the trouble to link to the PDFs! Look for the link labeled "sheet" for any of the full rags in the resource post.

#2152448 - 09/17/13 08:22 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: jotur]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jotur
I'd like to do the Original Rags from 1899, please. I've probably played thru it a couple of times, but it looks doable, and if I learn it it'll be a great addition to my repertoire.Cathy

Original Rags is interesting in that it's Joplin's first published rag. But he was shopping Maple Leaf Rag around at the same time and the Original Rags publisher (a Texas-based publisher, I believe) passed on Maple Leaf, possibly due to concerns about Maple Leaf's difficulty.

(LOTS of people bought ragtime sheets only to find it was a much harder genre than they expected... it led to the rise of ragtime-specific piano schools [Axel Christensen]).

The OR publisher didn't publish the piece with Joplin's attribution alone. Original Rags is marked as arranged by Charles Daniels. This might be to help sell the piece--Joplin himself did that with the first piece that Joseph Lamb sold to Stark--or it could have been that Joplin's sheet needed work... but that doesn't seem likely?

#2152568 - 09/17/13 10:22 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Valencia Offline

Originally Posted By: Whizbang
Originally Posted By: Valencia

Oh, indeed! My problem with the list was not in what to include but in what to edit out for the first cut.

The stuff in the Easier and Medium sections are things that my teacher had specific difficulty level feedback on. Everything else he either 1) thinks belongs in the harder category or 2) isn't his cup of tea.

But I know that he plays Sugar Cane and has played Ragtime Dance. I'll put you down for Sugar Cane for now.

ah...sorry to do this to you already Whizbang. Can you put me down instead for Bethena?

#2152591 - 09/17/13 10:50 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Valencia Offline

Here is some Joplin with Paul Barton and his elephant friends:

#2152594 - 09/17/13 10:55 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
I can do any of the following:

On your list:
Maple Leaf
Entertainer
Solace
Easy Winners
Palm Leaf
Fig Leaf
Gladiolus
Rose Leaf

Not on your list:
Peacherine
Elite Syncopations
Nonpareil
"New Rag"
Wall Street Rag

I love the Maple Leaf, Entertainer, and Solace, but let's see who's comfortable with what, and I'll fill in a gap somewhere. I'd hate to take the Maple Leaf (et al) if someone else really wants to play it/them. smile

#2152595 - 09/17/13 10:56 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Valencia, that second video is a riot laugh It beats anything in the "What's Your Biggest Distraction?" thread laugh For awhile the elephant was even in time!

I started mine tonight (because otherwise it won't be done :\ ) I played The Entertainer for my first ABF recital (#6, almost 5 years ago), and I couldn't reach the right hand octaves. No problemo this eve! Not that I know whether I can do them up to tempo, but 5 years ago I couldn't reach them. So there's been progress!

This will be so much fun -

Cathy

Edited by jotur (09/17/13 10:59 PM)

#2152597 - 09/17/13 10:58 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Hm. wj3 opted for Peacherine, and it's disappeared! Must be a bug somewhere.

Cathy

#2152599 - 09/17/13 11:02 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: jotur]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jotur
Hm. wj3 opted for Peacherine, and it's disappeared! Must be a bug somewhere.

No, it's there; it's just that he's doing a simpler version. Given that I assumed there were folks of various skill levels that probably wanted to do The Entertainer and Maple Leaf, I opened up duplicates--just not duplicates within full rags and within arranged rags.

Derulux is noting that there's no "full" Peacherine version. (Peacherine, as a full rag, is in the 'easier' category.) If folks have a strong preference for a rag not on the list, I'll happily add it. I just didn't want to list 44 pieces for folks who might not know the repertoire and pruned it down a bit to give folks a starting point.

Edited by Whizbang (09/17/13 11:09 PM)

#2152603 - 09/17/13 11:04 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Duh - thanks Whizbang. That'll teach me to get old and miss things in lists, huh.

I think it's great that there's arrangements available. Nice going.

Cathy

#2152605 - 09/17/13 11:13 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
Anne H Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I'd like Bink's Waltz, please!
Faure - Nocturne Op 36/4

#2152608 - 09/17/13 11:18 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Anne H]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Anne H
I'd like Bink's Waltz, please!

Gotcha!

Bink's was a commission, actually. It was named after the child of the folks that commissioned it. But someone along the line got the kid's name wrong, which was Bing.

Now the poor child is a search engine.

Edited by Whizbang (09/17/13 11:21 PM)

#2152611 - 09/17/13 11:20 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Anne - I'm looking forward to Binks. I, silly me, did Bethena first, but Binks has been on my list for awhile - it's delightful.

Cathy

#2152619 - 09/17/13 11:29 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: jotur]
Anne H Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Bethena would have been my second choice! I like Solace as well. Someone is going to have a great time with both of those.
Faure - Nocturne Op 36/4

#2152636 - 09/17/13 11:56 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
OK.....As if I don't have enough to do...don't have enough problems trying to get both hands working... Doh!
You just made it too easy, Whizbang... too attractive. Idiot me is gonna give the "simplified sheet (A section) of the Entertainer" my best shot.
This idiot said he wasn't going to participate in this stuff!!!! Doh!!! smile smile smile

#2152637 - 09/17/13 11:57 PM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: rnaple]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rnaple
OK.....As if I don't have enough to do...don't have enough problems trying to get both hands working... Doh!
You just made it too easy, Whizbang... too attractive. Idiot me is gonna give the "simplified sheet (A section) of the Entertainer" my best shot.
This idiot said he wasn't going to participate in this stuff!!!! Doh!!! smile smile smile

Gotcha!

EDIT: Oh, and for the simplified versions I posted, -make sure- to pull a copy down right away. For the full versions, I don't think IMSLP is going anywhere soon, but you never know with someone's personal site--I do think the sites I found were legit... folks posting their own arrangements for download.

Edited by Whizbang (09/18/13 12:04 AM)

#2152639 - 09/18/13 12:00 AM Re: Joplin-themed ABF recital signup thread [Re: Whizbang]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Of the links Whizbang provided, Chrysanthemum is played by ABF member cebukid smile

I really like the flute choir playing Easy Winners (it's listed to the right of the video Whizbang posted), and I love Max Morath, here with The Entertainer.

Cathy

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
It's Beethoven's birthday today...
by Polyphonist
10 minutes 31 seconds ago
Elbow pain
by acollins
Today at 12:49 PM
an interesting find . . .
by Michael Sayers
Today at 11:00 AM
Choosing a Beethoven sonata
by MusicDoc
Today at 10:48 AM
Synth/Keyboard beginner need help with equipment purchase
by Seraphmoon
Today at 10:40 AM
Forum Stats
77325 Members
42 Forums
159939 Topics
2348788 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission